Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@glitterboots: Have you tasted it? Taste some of your frozen stash, and let me know if it doesn't taste right. Sorry Mama, that's stressful.

2. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

@Jess1483: no it tastes fine. No weird smells or anything. She just kept crying and pushing the bottle away. My husband is trying to give her the bottle and I'm in the other room

3. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@glitterboots: My LO1 didn't take a bottle when she started daycare. She didn't drink anything the first two days but she didn't cry excessively (atleast DCP didn't tell me). She got with the program on the 3rd day. They really do drink when they are hungry enough. Good luck!

4. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@glitterboots: I think as long as it tastes fine (I have high lipase so I always ask), she'll eventually take it at daycare. I know it's really stressful, but it will happen. At the very worst, she'll reverse cycle and nurse more when you are home, but I bet she will take it in the first week.

5. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@ldh112: she's a doll! Loove her quilt.

6. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@glitterboots: I don't have a strict deadline like you, but DD is refusing the bottle here too. No suggestions, just sympathy.

In other news I had some granulation tissue removed and cauterized from my scar today. Owwww. I only had two stitches so thought I'd be home free on the healing front. Evidently not 😡

7. ldh112

kiwi / 556 posts

@hocuspocus: thanks a friend's mom made it! I am a big fan of Leah Duncan's artwork and many of the designs are hers! She has an etsy shop with super cute prints/handmade goodies

8. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@ldh112: she's too cute! love the quilt

9. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@ldh112: so cute! And I love the quilt too! (I'm a quilter myself).

10. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@MrsSRS: I had the same thing! I had to go back yesterday to have more removed but I should be in the clear now. It was such a pain!

11. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@rpparker: it was such a tiny little spot causing so much trouble!!!

12. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@MrsSRS: Unfortunately mine was not little. My doctor said it was one of the largest she had ever dealt with - not what you want to hear! But after two treatments she thinks that everything will be fine.

I hope you don't have any other issues!

13. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@rpparker: oh bummer! Hope you are all set now. On the plus side it's effective birth control 😂

14. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

E just rolled over (tummy to back) twice! I feel awful I missed it the first time (I'd set him down and gone to put brother's laundry away), but he did it again right after. 9.5 weeks. I need to check when P did it.

ETA: Big brother did it at 11 weeks.

15. ldh112

kiwi / 556 posts

So, I am really struggling with nap time. It seems too early to establish a routine from what I am reading but I literally barely have time to make myself lunch or do anything else between feeding, hanging during awake time, and trying to get her to nap. She eats every 2/2.5 hours (occasionally I stretch to 3 but rarely), so the cycle isn't very long between starting over.

Her naps are so short most of the time and lately she will not lay down for them which is really what is driving me crazy. She jolts awake when laid down (also an issue at night). I am trying the "lay down drowsy" thing so she can try to sleep on her own but without much luck. I've been holding her after she falls asleep just so she will actually sleep (which is why I am so frustrated and feel like I can't get anything done).

We sing the same sleep song to her which seems to work as a sleep cue. She's begun to kick out of her miracle blanket and has not done well in a swaddleme (too long for it) and the wombie is too restrictive as well. I've tried a sleep sack but she is far too wiggly and it keeps her awake even more so.

I am curious about others experiences at this age and if anyone has any ideas or encouragement do I need to just be more strict about laying her down drowsy? Is it too soon for that?

Eta: I also wear her occasionally in a wrap or carrier with mixed results. My husband thinks I've wasted our money on babywearing gear

16. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@ldh112: how does she do with the swing? If I just walk away and give her a few minutes DD will fall back asleep in the swing. Also, have you tried the miracle blanket just using the arm swaddle and leaving her legs out of the pouch?

17. ldh112

kiwi / 556 posts

@MrsSRS: we have a baby Bjorn bouncer and a swing - she loves hanging in the bouncer (haven't put her there to nap) but the swing is hit or miss- we had great luck with naps there early on but she wakes when we lay her in it now. It's also in the main room where I spend time which I think would make it too distracting anymore. Think I should move it? She does like motion.

I will try her swaddle differently tonight and see how she does

18. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@ldh112: we stuck our swing in a pretty quiet spot. I had good luck with DS letting the swing teach him to nap and then eventually turning it down until he slowly learned to nap without the motion. DD seems more flexible so hopefully won't need a slow wean off the swing, but she does take long naps in it now. Worth a try to get you some deserved down time! I learned that DD will settle back down in the swing if I don't jump to get her at every noise she makes. Sometimes I think she's waking up but then she settles back and naps for another stretch.

19. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

I go back to work today . I work part time and take my kids with me. A little nervous about trying to do this with two, but I'm thinking an infant and a two year old will still be easier than pregnant with an eighteen month old. I hope.

20. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@glitterboots: How's the bottle going? We finally had luck yesterday!

21. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

I'm freaking out a little. I'm going back to work part time starting next week. And originally for childcare my friend who has an 8 month old, we were just going to switch off (we both work part time on opposite days) so I would watch her daughter, and she would watch mine! Well, she found out that she's 18 weeks pregnant right now, and just found out that it's twins! needless to say, she won't be returning to work. So now my SIL has a friend who's a nanny, and will watch my daughter for $50/day. Which I know is an amazing deal! but.....that's still $400/month more than what we were expecting to pay......ugh!

22. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: ugh I absolutely hate unexpected expenses. Anyway you can buy yourself some time with your friend before paying for a nanny?

I just started looking for childcare and it's the worst. I don't want to enroll W in a daycare center and am looking for home daycares, but can't seem to find the best place to look for openings.

23. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: yep! We are still doing the swap for a few months until she's further along in her pregnancy and needs a break! I don't want to stress her out at all! So she's due end of January, I'm hoping she can watch my LO until November maybe?

24. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: well I'm glad that you have some time to save the money and plan for the expense. Baby expenses are definitely stressful.

25. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

26. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

27. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@78h2o: oh those faces!!!!

28. glitterboots

cherry / 103 posts

@MrsSRS: no luck today. My husband said she was trying get milk but kept pulling away at the bottle. I'll maybe try another type of bottle tomorrow. I was telling my mom about the trouble I'm having getting her to take a bottle and she told my I spoiled her by breastfeeding this long 😡

29. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o: cuuuutie! We have a collage of E similar to yours too! She kept moving and messing up her little hat but she was so happy! Lol

30. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: and @hocuspocus: So many cute faces!

31. MrsSRS

nectarine / 2987 posts

@glitterboots: ugh! No you didn't you protected your growing supply! She's not spoiled, she just has to learn something new. DD did a bottle two days ago like a champ, but yesterday mostly played with it. She did latch onto it a few times though, so now I know she can if she's motivated. What seems to be helping is putting her down on her side and feeding her like that instead of holding her. Weird, right?

32. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@hocuspocus: @78h2o: what sweethearts!!

33. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@ldh112: We've been having nap issues as well. I've always just let her nap whenever/whereve but clearly that isn't working... My SIL has been here since Sunday night with her baby who is 8 days older than mine. She goes to bed around 7pm and is very "strict" about making sure she naps. Her baby also hardly ever cries and when she does it's like a wimper. Mine? She wails like its the end of the world. It sucks. Long story short, we bought a used swing and sold our rocker. Apparently LO loves extreme motion which makes sense given how ADD she is moving on the activity mat! I also think LO eats a big breakfast when nursing but then kinda snacks so when she cries, sometimes she's hungry. I've been giving her bottled pumped milk to try and help too. But I'm hoping to work on a better nap/nighttime routine over the next month before heading back to work. It is so tough though!

34. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

Some of my update is in the previous comment (about SIL)... DH and I went on our first family vacation with LO last week and aside from the first two days being rough, she was a gem! And somehow my supply increased overnight and I was pumping a lot more when I woke up! Baby girl slept until 8 and 9 am a couple mornings too. Crazy!! Now my in laws have been here all week. My family arrives tomorrow including my sister who hasn't met DD yet! She's being baptized on Saturday then. Time has been flying!!

35. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

We've been having nap issues too. I think it stems from me still being a pacifier and LO wanting to nurse constantly. Hungry, tired, overstimulated, waking up, alone. I thought I was a 5S queen after colicky #1 but this guy only responds to nursing. Even though I aspired to EASY things spiraled out of control and I ended up nursing every 30 min. Naturally that meant that LO was spitting up constantly (and getting delightfully plump).

I've spent the last week focusing on the pacifier and watching the clock to make sure each feed is at least 90 min apart (which is still frequently). There has been so much crying. It's like sleep training. We're making some progress this week. My parents watched LO for a few hours to help me break the habit. I've asked DH to take a few hours this weekend too.

Despite all this LO2 is still my easy baby by far. He gives me a 30 min nap in the morning so I can do a quick workout, shower, and get dressed. It's funny how I simultaneously feel like I'm rocking this mom thing and like a spectacular failure.

36. ldh112

kiwi / 556 posts

@Corduroy: i totally resonate with that last line! i feel like i am on the cusp of either, feeling like i totally rocked something or totally failed. When I do fail, I get scared to try it again (workout videos during naps that don't last quite long enough, running errands that may or may not result in a crying baby, trying the carrier even though she has fought it before) but I know that isn't the solution either.

I read somewhere that it is important for moms to be gentle with themselves... SO hard for me to do that and I am only 9 weeks in!

37. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@ldh112: Oy - be gentle?! I had a breakdown earlier this week after a day of screaming cries. I need to remind myself to be a bit more gentle...

38. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

So today was day 1 of watching my friend's 9 month old with my own 3 month old! It's tough! But luckily it's only 2 days a week! And it's saving me a ton of money cause she will watch my LO 2 days a week too!

39. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: Always makes things easier knowing you are saving a bunch of money! Maybe some good practice for a second LO?

Took W's three month old pic a couple days early.

40. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: Oy! If anything it was a better reminder to use condoms!! Lol it really wasn't that bad, just a bit overwhelming at time! I give credit to moms with multiple lo's!!

Also what a cutie you have there!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee