Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: it's going ok. The first day was best. But then yesterday we went to the fair so our whole day didn't have any structure. Today she's really fussy, probably from the fair food I ate. Hopefully the rest of the week go better!

2. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

So, I've been off dairy for 2 weeks now but dd is still so crabby... and it's getting worse. It's hard to get her to sleep well during the day because of my noisy 20 month old. And she's so gassy.

We had family here from out of state on Saturday and she screamed over an hour and was completely inconsolable... yoga ball didn't work, rocking didn't work, carrying her on her belly didn't work etc... this is so frustrating.

3. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@LindsayInNY: Ugh, EASY is not so easy. We're getting one good nap but he's not going down for the others.

He's still eating every 90 minutes so that complicates the schedule. Then there's the cluster feeding from 5:30-9:30 where he only takes nursing breaks for a few minutes. If he hadn't almost doubled his birth weight I would think he's starving.

4. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: We are still working on sleep transitions so napping is very short, but he's still following the same schedule. DS had very similar gas issues when he was first born. You can try gas drops or gripe water if things like feeding more upright or doing bicycles isn't helping.

5. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@Ash: Have you tried to give her anything for gas relief?

@Corduroy: I'm having issues with nap time too. I don't know how to get her down!

@Eko: What'd you mean by sleep transitions? I bought gas drops today - both the regular and Hylands. I'm hoping something works. Bicycling her legs doesn't. I haven't tried upright feeding because I feel like it'll be difficult...

6. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

My PP checkup is Friday. I don't think I'm going to go back on BC. I'm worried about BFing but also I was on BC for so long and then had IF issues so I always wonder if it's related. I don't know what were going to do. Maybe try and chart? Condoms during fertile time? Anyone else not go back on BC?

7. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: I was having some major nap issues with E. My sister came to visit with my 9 month old niece and we fell out of our daily routine. She's starting to nap better now that my sis and niece left. I've noticed she only falls asleep if she's swaddled. Our A&A swaddle blankets are lifesavers.

I didn't go to my 6 week PP appointment. My Dr. kept trying to push BC on me at the 2wk PP check and I really don't want to be on BC. We're hoping to have another LO in a couple years and BC just freaks me out for some reason lol idk maybe I'm a weirdo. I've never really been on it.

So far I've lost 30 pounds I have 15 to go. I can't believe how big I got...I wore a bathing suit for the first time after being pregnant and my boobs are out of control! It's so weird having huge boobs now, I'm still not used to it lol. I literally have like 3 outfits I fit in right now I'm holding off on buying anything new until i lose a little more weight...a little motivation haha.

8. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@LindsayInNY: I am also not planning on any form of hormonal BC. My doctor was super supportive of that choice given our history of IF.

For us, the most difficult part of EASY is the Y - little dude does NOT like to be put down when he's napping, it's either on a human or not at all, so I don't get much done. I'm trying to work on it a little at a time, hopefully he'll get used to it.

Sleep at night has been pretty good the last few nights (and now I've probably jinxed it) - 4.5-5 hours, a sleepy nursing session, and then another 2.5-3 hours. Perfect timing, too, as I managed to get an ear infection, so I need all the rest I can get.

9. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@hocuspocus: We use the Halo Sleep Sack at night. Not sure how to tightly swaddle her with a blanket for naps though! This will be my first PP visit. Are you doing anything for BC or not really? I didn't think my boobs got all that big but it must just be the nursing tanks. I put a bra on and woah cleavage!!

@just_ju: I just can't really get her to nap much at all! It's killer! I don't know what I'm going to do when I have to go back to work. What are you doing for BC then? Anything?

10. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@LindsayInNY: I just meant transitioning his sleeping at night from cosleeping into a pack and play in our room, but I've given up on that. The gas drops on and off worked for us until his reflux got super bad that we needed medication. Hope they work for you!

11. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

Ugh. AF finally showed her ugly face. Figured it was only time since I stopped breastfeeding about a month ago.

12. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@LindsayInNY: just going to use condoms when I feel like DTD again still not in the mood at all lol.

13. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@LindsayInNY: I didn't go back on BC, and my midwife didn't think anything of it. We plan on using condoms, buuuuut it doesn't always happen. But I also already got my period back at 6 weeks PP, so I would t be surprised if we got a little surprise of our own. Which I would be fine with!

@Eko: boo to getting your period. I got mine at 6 weeks and I'm still breastfeeding, so it can happen to anyone! Hahah

14. Eko

nectarine / 2148 posts

@MrsBrewer: ugh its super annoying and is coming at the worst time. My grandmother isn't doing so well and as if I wasn't emotional enough. Oh well...

15. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@LindsayInNY: no. I'm not a huge fan of giving meds for gas. I'm considering probiotics though. We had too many gi issues with my ds - it makes me wary.

16. Ash

honeydew / 7909 posts

@LindsayInNY: i didn't go on bc and we're done having babies... but I should do something since I've had 3 pregnancies/2 babies in 3 years of marriage. We'll probably use condoms... I guess.

17. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@Eko: oh no. I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother :-(.

18. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@LindsayInNY: EASY is going ok! I think the biggest help for me is trying to separate her eat and sleep times into separate units. I think she would half eat/half sleep on the boob all day if I let her. The Y is the hardest part for me!

At my 6 week PP apt they discovered that my body has built up too much scar tissue where I tore internally during labor. Some of the tissue was removed in office and they applied silver nitrate to the rest to see if that will help. I have to go back in two weeks to recheck and to remove more tissue but if they are unable to do it in office I'll have to have surgery! It was a definite shock because I haven't had any additional pain or bleeding for several weeks. And it put our birth control discussion on the back burner until this is resolved.

19. just_ju

cherry / 195 posts

@LindsayInNY: we'll use condoms and the natural birth control of having an infant

20. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: I like having a "forced" activity but watching for sleep cues is tough and then getting her to nap is tougher! Bedtime at night is usually great so I don't know if I need to make nap time similar or what? Yesterday she hardly napped in the afternoon and I wanted to lose it it!

21. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@rpparker: I just listened to a free podcast about healing after childbirth injuries. It was episode 49 of "The Longest Shortest Time". You might want to check it out. I found it nice to hear about someone else who had a difficult recovery (though it sounds like you haven't had pain, which is awesome).

22. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: I forgot to comment about the scar tissue! How did that even happen?! Did you have a bad tear? Man that worries me now!!

23. rpparker

apricot / 363 posts

@78h2o: I actually listened to that episode when I was pregnant but I need to go back and listen to it now that I've been through labor. I love that podcast and that is a great episode! I'm lucky that I haven't had a lot of pain but I'm anxious about the next appointment and just the long term healing.
    @LindsayInNY: I had a second degree tear from the forceps they had to use and the scar tissue is from an internal wall tear that I had. My doctor noted that some people just scar differently than others and it was how it healed. I didn't know that anything was wrong until I went to the appointment since it's all internal. I've had some additional bleeding and pain since the appointment though which is annoying.

24. LindsayInNY

bananas / 9229 posts

@rpparker: Yikes!! I had a third degree tear be don't know how/where/what exactly was repaired... I hope Fridays exam isn't terribly bad!!

25. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@rpparker: Yeah, there were lots of bits and pieces of the podcast that resonated with me. I had rough recoveries after both pregnancies. Fortunately, I feel like maybe my prolapse issue is starting to get better. Finger crossed. We still haven't had sex yet though. My husband suffers from depression and with me nursing and the prolapse issue, neither one of us had really wanted to try yet. Hopefully we can attempt soon and it won't hurt! I am feeling better now than I was at this point last time.

I can't believe I have to go back to work in less than 2 weeks! I was more ready to go back after my first...I think because I felt more isolated during the winter. This time I am out and about and have no interest in going back. I want to stay home and snuggle my little cutie.

26. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@rpparker: I had scar tissue removed after LO1. I was sore when I sat or walked too long but I thought it was just normal postpartum recovery. I hope you're all healed and don't have to have surgery.

27. MrsBrewer

coconut / 8854 posts

@78h2o: same here I go back in about 3 weeks and I'm so not ready! I'm nervous because I'm actually starting a new job too. My previous company wouldn't let me go part time so on leave I found a new one

28. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

My little chunk is 10 weeks old today!

29. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@hocuspocus: aww, she's super cute! How much does she weigh? Love those baby thighs!

30. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@hocuspocus: STOP TOO CUTE

31. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

duuuude, why didn't i just buy a new nice crib and mattress?? we held onto dd's and had it in storage but I took a look at it and thought "...ugh!" so we have a minicrib from a friend and i'm sweating using their old mini crib mattress. pretty sure she used it for her two kids. mini crib mattresses are a joke! bleh!

hope all ladies are healing well and babes are getting sleep. 😖 little dude is 10 weeks and i'm watching him like a hawk after his vaccines. i'm way more paranoid about anything bad happening with #2 -- why??

32. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

OMG you guys, LO1 put part of a cracker in E's mouth today. I had to fish it out. Thank goodness I saw it. I totally did not expect this from him. He knows baby can't have anything but mommy's milk. Constant vigilance!

But also, look at the cute...

33. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@Jess1483: "mum! haaaaalp!"

34. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@rosegold: it's hard, because my initial reaction was terror, but then I thought it was hilarious, but didn't want him to know that I thought it was funny and try for a repeat...

35. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@rosegold: I cannot believe how much hair he has!!!

@Jess1483: haha! Cute!

Here's one of Holly:

36. Corduroy

pomelo / 5258 posts

@Jess1483: LOs are so unpredictable. My LO1 will be so gentle and sweet with her baby brother and then randomly try to pick him up by yanking his arm or something like that. Gah!

37. rosegold

apricot / 428 posts

@78h2o: she's getting SOOO cute!

38. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@78h2o: she is too adorable.
    @hocuspocus: cuteness!
    @rosegold: that hair!! (LO1's crib mattress is on his toddler bed, so we ordered another and it's so amazing, I want to sleep on it. I feel a little bad for LO1, because his mattress sucks. We will move in a few months, though, and move him to a twin, so it isn't worth buying one now).

39. Mrs.KMM

grapefruit / 4355 posts

@78h2o: precious! Love that dress!

@Jess1483: We've let DD lick a tiny bit of both ice cream and muffin batter off our finger. But she can't choke on that like a cracker. I bet big brother just thought he was trying to help though.

40. hocuspocus

apricot / 373 posts

@78h2o: I'm not sure she hasn't been weighed since her 2wk. appointment I had to reschedule her 8 wk appointment so we haven't been back to the Dr. yet. . I weighed her on our home scale and it says 12 lbs! Your LO is soo beautiful how much does she weigh?

@Jess1483: omg I would have had a panic attack lol ...that's way too much cuteness in one picture!!!

@rosegold: so jealous of all your LO's hair! He's so handsome

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee