Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

June 2016 moms!

1. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Hazel27: wow congrats and welcome!! I saw your posts yesterday and then today you already got your BFP! that's amazing! what kind of test did you use? must have been a sensitive one!

@pastemoo: oh no, sorry you're having such a rough time! hope the meds help your nausea!

so my dr agreed to let me do two more betas. I'm going in tomorrow and then again in a week. yay!

2. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

Joining up with some trepidation...we had a late first tri loss in May, so I'm not sure when I'll relax.

EDD: June 16th, my first beta came back at 1596, a bit high for 17dpo, so we'll see!

How far along: almost 5 weeks

First child? Nope. #3! Daughter will be 4 in December and my son just turned 2.

First doctor appointment: 11/3.

Any symptoms so far? Well, I'm in the middle of Whole30, so I don't really know? I mean, I'm hungry, but that's probably because of Whole30, and I'm tired, but I have two kids. Who really knows?! I'm not nauseous yet though (woot!).

Who have you told? Just the hubs and a couple of close friends.

3. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@LittleGBee: welcome and congrats!! Will you be doing another beta?

4. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

@starlitsky: Thanks! I'm deciding if I want to request it or not. I know the real info is found in the doubling time, but I don't think it will calm my fears of miscarrying, so...shrug.

5. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@LittleGBee: I'm sorry about your loss, I hope this is your sticky baby! I did the Whole30 before getting pregnant too! Try adding a little more fat to your meals if you're hungry

6. Hazel27

coffee bean / 27 posts

@starlitsky: Thank you! I used an FRER and used one this morning to confirm and got another so we're on the right track. I can't wait for DH to come home in a couple days to tell him!

7. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@starlitsky: yay, that's so nice that they can do the extra betas
    @LittleGBee: Welcome! I don't think you ever get over that fear. I never do. I'm glad you're here.

8. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

@LittleGBee: I quit the Whole30 a few days before I found out I was pregnant -- I was sooooo freaking hungry!

I got through to the clinic and have my first appointment set up! I'll be 8.5-ish weeks.

9. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

@MrsKRB: Thanks! I feel like I'm eating a ton of fat and veggies, but I did run out of avocados a couple of days ago, so I need to pick some up. It's not a huge divergence from how we normally eat, just axed dairy, sugar, and gave the final boot to corn (for my son who has significant food allergies). Day 13, so I'm supposed to have energy now, right?! Ha! Maybe if I weren't pregnant.

@pastemoo: Thanks! I hope you can begin to feel more confident over time. I had a miscarriage before my daughter and I remember finally breathing once I could feel her kick.

@MrsDragon: Quitting is tempting. But my reasons would be like "I want a damn cupcake", so I figure I better keep going.

10. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

My ultrasound went well! I was so nervous they wouldn't see anything before hand (I'm really being a pessimist lately). They could see the flicker of a heartbeat at 117bbm which was crazy, she wasn't expecting to see one.

11. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@MrsKRB: yay!

12. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@Hazel27: yay that sounds promising!!

@MrsDragon: yay for having your first appointment set!

@MrsKRB: so glad your ultrasound went well!! that's amazing they were able to see the heartbeat; I didn't think they could do that before 6 weeks! are you 6 weeks yet?

I went in for my 3rd beta this morning and now I'm anxiously awaiting the results!

13. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: me either, the APRN was surprised too, said we have an overachiever I'm 5w6d based on my egg retrieval, they measured me at 6w1d. Good luck on your beta, let us know!

Anyone else nervous about giving both on 6/6/16? Haha

14. Hazel27

coffee bean / 27 posts

@MrsKRB: Hahahaha 6/6/16 eh? I didn't even think of that yet. Wouldn't surprise me if I ended up with that birth day lol. Or better yet, my husband's on the 15th. And, if I run into July I have to avoid the 1st, too - my nephew was born this summer that day lol

15. BLA

pea / 9 posts

@MrsKRB: Hah! I thought about the number situation too! I'm mostly amused by having a 4/14 baby and now a 6/16 baby! I'm glad you had a good ultrasound today

@starlitsky: Hoping for a good beta!

@Hazel27: Congrats

@LittleGBee: Congrats

In other news, I'm SO tired!!!!! And I have a toddler How is this going to work!?

16. mrsmacandcheese

@BLA: Saaaame. We are already watching a shameful amount of Peppa Pig.

17. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@starlitsky: how was your beta?

@pastemoo: how are you feeling? Have the meds kicked in yet?

Is anyone planning to announce around thanksgiving? What are your ideas?

18. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@Hazel27: congrats!!

@BLA: I've been soooo tired, too! I've been napping when DS does, which is great, but then I get nothing done. Oh well.. Blaming it on baby!

19. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@LittleGBee: congrats & welcome! I had 2 MCs before DS and I've been feeling anxious, too It's so hard when it's out of our control. Wish I could fast forward the first tri!!

20. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@BLA: @MrsKRB: my beta was 6412! I feel somewhat reassured that the little peppercorn (according to my Ovia app) is growing as it should. I go in for another one next week.

@MCD919: totally feel you on feeling anxious!! Trying to stay positive though!

I think we're going to announce to our families around Thanksgiving and then to our friends around Christmas (kinda cool that we have built-in holidays that work out timing-wise for announcements!). Although we may tell our immediate family after the first ultrasound, but I keep thinking that's still early (7w). They've already been asking/suspecting though, somehow!!

21. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

I think we are going to announce to my in-laws on Halloween. No plans to announce to anyone else anytime soon though.

22. Hazel27

coffee bean / 27 posts

@starlitsky: @mrskrb: I absolutely love that the holidays are perfect timing too. I'll be about 9wks on thanksgiving, so I was going to announce it to them just before with surprise gift in the mail (I've already been thinking of ideas!) Our families live across the country so I can't just say it to them unfortunately lol.

First step, still have to tell DH hahaha. He just told me he might be home tonight though, so hopefully my plan will work out! Fingers crossed

23. starlitsky

clementine / 795 posts

@catomd00: do you have any fun Halloween announcement ideas? Maybe we'll do a Halloween announcement too, since my 1st ultrasound is 3 days before Halloween. Hmmm

@Hazel27: share your ideas with us! Ooh and how are you planning to tell DH? How exciting!!

My friend who had a June baby this year sent out Christmas cards to announce, which I thought was cute, but not sure if we will go that route.

24. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

We already told our parents. I will be 12 weeks on Thanksgiving, so we are thinking about announcing on Facebook around then, we like this announcement from Etsy

25. Hazel27

coffee bean / 27 posts

@starlitsky: Halloween announcement would be so cute! For our friends/big announcement, I was thinking of taking two bigger pumpkins with a little baby pumpkin, writing June 2016 on the baby one, and taking a photo of them on the front steps. Or, if I do it more towards Christmas, I was going to make a glass ornament with June 2016 written on it and have a photo of it hanging on the tree with the lights around it.

For our parents, I want to get send them each a little box with the ultrasound photo and a pacifier that says they need to hold onto it until we can visit. There's a little rhyming note from the baby I found on Pinterest that I want to do something similar to, so it would be super cute.

Oh! And my husband: I'm picking up a onesie today and going to write "I have the best daddy" on it, then wrap it up with a dad book I got him in a shipping package, like he got something in the mail. Then I'll casually tell him where it is while recording it lol. His reaction is going to be awesome!

26. Hazel27

coffee bean / 27 posts

@MrsKRB: omg I love that announcement!! That's really perfect lol

27. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@starlitsky: I'm trying to stay in that mindset, too!

It is awesome that we have the holidays coming up that make our news that much more special I'm hoping to hold out until Thanksgiving to announce to our families, since we live a few hours away. But SIL is visiting on Halloween, and I'm pretty sure she'll suspect if I'm not drinking! We're also seeing a bunch of good friends this weekend....

If we can hold out until Thanksgiving, I was thinking about putting DS in a big brother shirt under his clothes, then taking it off just before we sit down to dinner and see who notices

28. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@MrsKRB: Love it!!!!

29. MCD919

kiwi / 659 posts

@Hazel27: I love the ornament idea!!! Might have to steal that one ... Although I was also thinking about waiting to announce on fb until we know the gender (if we find out).

We found out at 17 weeks last time, but considering team green this time. Not sure if we can hold out, though. What is everyone else doing about finding out?

30. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

I love the announcement ideas! I never do anything clever and had to announce early due to some safety things I need that made it obvious, so I told the whole family the days after we found out.

I wanted to be team green last time and DH said no. This time he says he can find out and not tell me. I don't believe that. we'll see how it goes. I want to be team green even more than last time.

31. mrsmacandcheese

I think we'll do a general announcement sometime around Christmas! I'd like to include my daughter in it in some way.

I'm shocked at how bloated I am already! At 5 weeks I look like I did with my first at 8+ weeks.

32. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

I just found out that my bf had a miscarriage. I'm super bummed for her and bummed because we would have had both our second kids super close! Our first kid are both boys and 3 months apart.

33. Wishingforviolet

pea / 16 posts

Hi everyone, jumping over here from another forum.

EDD: 12 June 2016 (according to my doctor)

How far along: 5weeks 5 days

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: Friday, 9 October. They didn't test my HCG levels and sent me off for prenatal bloods. I asked about measuring HCG and she said they don't do that. She didn't even ask for confirmation of my pregnancy. First scan is scheduled for Nov 2 - I should be just over 8 weeks then Trying to find a midwife now.

Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, very thirsty and hungry all the time.

Who have you told? I had planned to surprise DP but I was in so much shock I just woke him up and waved the tests at him hahah. We've told both of our immediate family and one close friend. Finding it very difficult to keep this a secret and it's a little lonely not having anyone to talk to because our group of friends aren't ready for kids yet. So these forums are really helping and I really enjoy reading about everyone's experiences. Makes this whole experience a little less scary knowing there are so many of you going through the same thing.

34. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

@brownepiano: oh, I'm so sorry for your friend

@Wishingforviolet: congrats!

35. MrsKRB

nectarine / 2465 posts

I guess we should start a list before it gets too out of control?

June 2016 Mamas

June 1: pastemoo, Anne825
    June 3: FruffyDuckling, catomd00
    June 4: Mrs. Pink, BLA
    June 6: brownepiano
    June 8: MrsKRB, MCD919
    June 11: Lately
    June 12: starlitsky, Wishingforviolet
    June 14: MrsDragon
    June 16: LittleGBee
    June 26: Hazel27

36. pastemoo

cantaloupe / 6146 posts

@brownepiano: I'm sorry. That's hard because you can't do your regular bf comforting role, either.@MrsKRB: LOL. I'm not sure I'm June 1. My guess is June 1 to June 4. Ish. Thank you for making the list! You rock.

37. brownepiano

persimmon / 1467 posts

@pastemoo Yep. We haven't told her yet but we were going to soon. So now I think I need to wait a little longer than I was planning.

38. Hazel27

coffee bean / 27 posts

@Wishingforviolet: Welcome and congrats! There's plenty of women on here bursting at the seams to talk about pregnancy lol, so I hope you enjoy it!

In other news, I finally told DH tonight. He was so surprised! I did the package in the mail reveal and he thought it was battery packs for our cell phones lol! I got video and photos for my collection. And I'm so glad I can finally talk to him about it.

39. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@starlitsky: dd is being Minnie Mouse for Halloween. We ordered a Minnie-themed shirt that says I have a secret in the front and I'm going to be a big sister on the back. We are going to the Inlaws to pass out candy so we will probay just change her into that and see how long it takes for them to notice!

40. catomd00

grapefruit / 4418 posts

@MCD919: we are definitely finding out the sex! I am too impatient to wait lol.

@MrsDragon: I'm so bloated too and the constant eating isn't helping. I definitely look pregnant already!

@brownepiano: aw that's so sad and a hard spot for you to be in

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee