Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Kicking off June 2013 board

1. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I had big plans to get back into exercising (I've been a total slacker recently) but then I got pregnant! I'm nervous to get my heart rate too high etc. is it better to wait a bit longer (I'm only 4 weeks) or do you think it's OK to just exercise??

2. DpeachLu

clementine / 814 posts

Hello, I guess I should join this board now that my symptoms are starting to get more and more noticeable,

EDD: June 9th
    How far along: 5weeks 3days
    First child? DD is 6 MONTHS!
    First Dr. Appointment:
    October 30th with nurse practitioner.
    How do you feel/symptoms?
    Waves of nausea that tend to go away if I eat something. I hope it remains like this since I was sick to death with DD like I couldnt even move in bed without wanting to throw up sick :-/. Also just a bit tired but that also could be because DD wakes up a lot at night.
    Who have you told? Husband, hellobee, mom, dad, brother, sister in law, and my aunt.

Congratulations to all!

3. dcrumlish29

coffee bean / 45 posts

Hi! I got my first BFP on Monday only 3weeks and 3 days. Just went and got my blood work done today so I should get the results tomorrow!

EDD: June 20
    How far along: 3w 6d
    First child? Yes
    First Dr. Appointment:
    When i get my blood work back then I should be able to schedule and appointment hopefully at the 6 or 8 week mark!
    I'm bloated and a little crampy. But so far so good!
    Who have you told? My best friend, husband and my dad. We wanted to wait for my blood work to come back before we told anyone else. I know I'm early along and a lot can happen, but I'm trying hard not be scared but to enjoy it. No matter what happens this will always be my first child and it should be celebrated so I plan on telling our close friends and family soon!

4. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@JustlikeHeaven: @dcrumlish29: Welcome and congrats! I saw both your BFP's on the other boards and am glad you came on over!

I'm experiencing some mild nausea today, like all day. I've eaten and that was fine but I feel so ugh, off?

5. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@JustlikeHeaven: @dcrumlish29 - congratulations!!

@knittylady (and anyone else who wants to check them out) - here are a few of my favorite videos:

-Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred (I usually just do one 20 minute video at a time) -

-Ballet Strength Workout -

Bikini Body Workout -

Freshmen 15 Workout (Funny name, but I like it) -

Rhythmic Stretch - http://www.hulu.com/watch/210298

Yoga Postures for Pregnancy - http://www.hulu.com/watch/154834

Dynamic Sculpt and Stretch - http://www.hulu.com/watch/211364

All that being said, I believe in the first trimester there aren't many movements that are off limits. I just try to keep the weight and intensity low. Once I hit the second trimester or anything feels uncomfortable, I will start to modify some of these exercises.

@qbride - If you are already active and in good health you should be able to exercise just fine. You could always give your doctor a call, but I just try to do what feels good and not let myself get too overheated or push myself too hard.

6. DpeachLu

clementine / 814 posts

I have actually been a part of an outdoor female bootcamp for sometime. A month ago I signed up for 6 more months (3 times a week for an hour!) If only I would have known already!!!

7. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@tlcbaby: Oh man, this looks great! thanks!

Anyone else moving into 6 weeks tomorrow?

8. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@justlikeheaven - I would talk to the instructor. She can probably give you some modifications for now and maybe let you delay some of your classes until after the baby comes?

9. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@knittylady - I'm only 4 weeks today, I'm so far behind!

I filled out an online intake form for a midwife that I'd like to have follow me... haven't heard back yet (it said it could take a week) so I think I'll call tomorrow. I work in the hospital where I'll deliver (in the NICU, so I'm familiar with this midwife) so I feel optimistic that she'll take me on.

When did the nausea start for you guys?

So far I just feel hungry really often, and I'm still having cramping/stretching in my uterus. It's pretty uncomfortable, I'm hoping it stops soon! I think today was the day my period was due, so it feels a bit more real! YAY!

10. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@qbbride - my nasuea started right when the six week mark hit. I haven't actually gotten sick yet (luckily), but I constantly feel queasy and no food sounds good. I find that if I don't eat I feel worse, though, so I try to just eat what sounds tolerable.

I still get a little bit of cramping, but it isn't too noticeable.

11. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I spoke to the midwife last night and they've accepted me! YAY! And she said I could have a dating u/s since my cycles are irregular. My first appointment with them will be between Nov 12-25. can't wait for my early u/s though, I'm gonna try and call today and book it for around 8w (so I can see the heartbeat).

12. dcrumlish29

coffee bean / 45 posts

Just got my blood results in, and its still positive! I've officially started telling my close friends and family members.

My first appt is at 7w6d for the nurse visit, and then they schedule my first ultrasound is at 8w6d. Seems so far away since they estimated me at 4w1d today. I can't wait to hear the heartbeat!

13. Mrs. Whale

blogger / pea / 17 posts

hi ladies, newbie here!

EDD: June 19
    How far along: 4w 1d
    First child? Yes
    First Dr. Appointment:
    I called today (the day of the big BFP), and they scheduled me for the 8w mark.
    Not very many actually. I usually have a pretty fierce appetite, but lately it's been ravenous. Other than that, and a few lightheaded spells, I haven't noticed much.
    Who have you told? Just BFF right now--on my way to meet husband for dinner and give him the news!

glad to be here finally, and looking forward to learning from you all

14. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@greygirl - welcome! congrats! how are you telling your husband? Our due dates are pretty close together, I think I'm due June 20.

15. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@greygirl: congrats!! And it's great to see another new englander on the board! Have fun telling your husband tonight!

16. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@greygirl - Congratulations! That is awesome! Was your husband so excited?

17. Mrs. Whale

blogger / pea / 17 posts

@qbbride @knittylady @tlcbaby Thanks girls!

He was super excited--he's a football coach, so I got him a little football onesie that says "daddy's mvp"--and also a little shocked/what-do-we-do-now-ish, which is fairly normal since that was my initial reaction as well.

I know it's really early, and that's making me really anxious. How do you girls get through the "what if something bad happens" thoughts?

18. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

Hi Everyone! Well, it's official - I'm pregnant - and so excited to join you! We conceived through IVF and just had our 1st beta blood test this morning (although I got my BFP yesterday with a HPT). We're approximately at 14DPO today (so 4 weeks pregnant!) and will go in for a second blood test on Monday to make sure everything looks good. And I'll have an ultrasound at around 7 weeks to check everything out before "graduating" to my OB. Still surreal, but we are so happy!

Here's my info:

EDD: June 22
    How far along: 4w
    First child? Yes
    First Dr. Appointment:
    Second beta on 10/15, and first U/S at 7 weeks
    Definitely have had cramping and a backache - but it is hard to know if that is a pregnancy thing or just all the hormones I'm on (estrogen and progesterone - thru the 1st trimester)
    Who have you told? Husband (knew all along, of course), BFFs (x2), my parents, my sister. We are waiting until after the second beta to tell the in-laws. And everyone else will have to wait until December!

19. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@greenthumb - welcome and congrats!

@greygirl - Honestly, I just try to remember that it is out of my control. No matter what happens, it is out of my hands so I just try to enjoy it and not worry too much.

20. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@greenthumb - congrats! that is soo exciting!

@greygirl - i'm totally worrying since i've been having on and off cramping/stretching sensations etc. My bff is trying to reassure me by saying I can't do anything either way, so I might as well try to think positively... so that's what I'm trying to do. I'm thankful everyday I wake up pregnant

21. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Oy, headaches have begun . All day yesterday and today. Accompanied with nausea here and there. Anyone else experiencing headaches??

22. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@knittylady - i had a horrible headache the other day, i forced myself to drink a couple litres of water and i lay down for a sleep. those are the only things that helped. you can take plain tylenol if you can't get rid of it...

i've been having terrible insomnia! i have barely slept in a few days. i'm worried i'm going to get sick if i don't get some sleep. ugh.

23. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@tlcbaby: @qbbride: Thanks ladies and congratulations to you too! I just had my second blood test this morning, so it is really official now! I just can't believe it!

I already called to schedule appts with my OB and have three scheduled between now and just after Christmas. They really get you going quickly! Anyone seeing a midwife? I'm going to start off with the OB just because I am still on so many meds due to the IVF, but if everything is looking good in a couple of months, I may switch to a midwife instead.

I'm still feeling a low backache and I'm trying to chug water all the time because I am usually really bad about drinking water and I know that it is really important to stay hydrated. Has anyone given you good tips for early pregnancy - things to do or avoid? I'm pretty familiar with the foods to stay away from, but otherwise, I feel clueless!

24. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

Week 7 and HELLO NAUSEA. Seriously I can't think of a single thing I want to eat.

Been eating crackers though. And feeling just so bad. Zofran takes the edge off so I've been taking that, though I'm worried about constipation. Dr. told me I can take Metamucil to stave that off... But doesnt that stuff taste like orange? Makes me feel like barfing, just thinking about it. We'll see though.

I'm just starting week 7 - go me. (And I'm a previous poster here - I just had a username change is all).

25. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@lazylightning I am feeling the same way
    Mine lightens up most afternoons, but sometimes every food I think of or look at sound sickening, but usually once it is on a plate in front of me I can eat it. It is just that nothing looks or sounds good.

Maybe you could just try some high fiber foods that sound palatable instead of metamucil?

26. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@greenthumb - I am seeing a midwife. I just switched a few months ago becuase I didn't like how my previous doctor handled my miscarriage. They immediately wanted to put me on medication when my periods didn't start back up and I was not down with that. I just felt they were very insensitive and not interested in figuring out the problem, just solving the symptoms.

So my first appt. is tomorrow! I can't believe it, I feel like I have been waiting forever. I really hope to hear the heartbeat or get some positive confirmation, but I am trying not to get my hopes up.

As far as foods, I have been trying to just eat a lot of veggies, but most don't sound good right now so I have been sneaking carrots and spinach into my smoothies. Also, eating a lot of protein and healthy fats like nuts and avocados I've heard is good. I am only avoiding coffee, large fish like tuna and swordfish and deli meats.

27. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

I have resigned myself to taking Zofran daily. Otherwise, I can't eat at all. Or function. I really only wanted to use it if I needed it, but the reality is that I work a full time job and simply can't do it if I don't take this drug. Obviously my health is more important than the job, but I also can't eat and my mental/emotional health severely suffers when I feel like sh*t all the time!! All the crackers and gingerale in the world have not helped. B6/Unisom barely takes the edge off (and exhausts me). I am taking a low dose of the zofran, and trying to only take one (or two--if i have two) during the day, and none at night.

In the midst of all this, I have aversions to nearly every food and beverage. my cravings are so weird though! I crave:

--strawberry slushie (a specific one, not just any)
    --little debbie oatmeal creme pies
    --hot nacho cheese (not not the chips..how do I eat it??)
    --Potato Oles from Taco Johns (greasy fried tater tots with Mexican seasonings)

Sounds like a super healthy diet right? Oddest thing I've experienced is an aversion to taking pills. I really couldn't fathom how that would matter (before I got pregnant). Now I just think about taking my big prenatal horsepill and want to gag (and don't even mention chewables...omg gross). I'm still taking it though. It's just hard to swallow (pardon my pun).

How's everyone else doing??

28. Mrs. Whale

blogger / pea / 17 posts

@qbbride I'm with you on the insomnia, I can't sleep at all!

29. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@lazylightning - is the zofran helping? I am so sorry you have been so sick. Mine has not graduated to actually throwing up and I hope it stays that way.

My food aversions have been surprising. We follow a Paleo diet so there are a lot of foods I don't eat, but a McDondalds Cheeseburger, mint chocolate chip ice cream and all those other things I don't eat anymore sound so much better than the healthy stuff I usually eat. Luckily, since we don't keep it around the house it hasn't been a problem. Once my regular, healthy food is in front of me I can usually stomach it.

30. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

Oh! P.S. - I had my first doctor's appointment today! As I suspected, they based my due date on my last period, which would be around 5/10/13, but I know I didn't ovulate for at least 30 days after my period. They thought I was 10 weeks and tried to hear the heartbeat with a doppler...no dice. I am going back in for an ultrasound tomorrow to date the pregnancy and am REALLY hoping for some good news. My miscarriage in December is really making it difficult for me to get too excited until I actually see the baby, you know?

31. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@tlcbaby - good luck at your ultrasound tomorrow! looking forward to your update!

32. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

Thanks @qbbride. I thought I would be up all night thinking about it, but I was so exhausted I slept straight through, except for the couple middle of the night bathroom trips.

Is your insomnia getting any better?

Oh, my midwife suggested B6 for my nausea so I am giving that a try, along with ginger tea at night and in the morning. I feel pretty good this morning, but I feel like there are so many factors it is hard to say what is really helping.

33. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

Just got back from my ultrasound. I am measuring 7 weeks 1 day which would make my due date June 4th! The baby is 1 cm long and we were able to hear the heartbeat and see the little heart fluttering. It was unbelievable and such a huge relief. It is really all sinking in now. Just with what happened last time I didn't want to get attached until we got some good news. That little heart beat was the best news ever!!

34. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@tlcbaby - Woohoo!!! That is sooooo exciting! Congrats! I can't wait to see that little heartbeat in a few more weeks (thinking positively!)

35. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@tlcbaby: Congrats on the good u/s!

I got hit with some anxiety today, for no reason at all. All of a sudden Oct. 30th (my first appt) seems way too far away and I feel anxious to know things are going as they should. Maybe it's just seeing the all the good u/s news that's on HB? I'll be almost 9 weeks at my appt, and I just got to 7 weeks today...

How are the rest of you doing with waiting for your appts? Or how do you think you fared until you had yours?

36. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@qbbride - thanks! And I think keeping a positive attitude is so important! I really try not to worry about all the possible things that could go wrong, sending positive energy into the world never hurt anybody!

@knittylady - thank you! I am not going to pretend I wasn't anxious before my appointment, but I try to just remember it is all out of my control and worry/anxiety won't help anything.

Even now, I know things can go wrong, but what good will it do me to worry? You can only take good care of yourself and enjoy this time.

Just try to stay busy and have fun to distract yourself, that is what I did. It is tough, because we all want healthy, happy babies, but hopefully it'll fly by and be here before you know it!

37. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@knittylady: Ahhh my appt isn't till Nov 15. I'm 7w 2 days now. I'm going crazy waiting. Worried there's no heartbeat, etc. Yet here I am, sick as a dog, so I have to hope it's all going OK.

38. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

Congratulations everyone! I had a Junebug this year, such a great time to have a baby Hope you all have a happy healthy pregnancy!

39. sidwuzhere

apple seed / 4 posts

Hey, ladies! I finally feel comfortable joining the group. I got my BFP at 15DPO, but decided to wait until my 1st doctor's appt/ultrasound to post.

EDD: FF said June 1, u/s said June 3. Still trying to figure out which one to go by.
    How far along: 8 weeks
    First child? Yes
    First Dr. Appointment: had my 1st appt at 7w 3d. Nurse prac had me pee in a cup to confirm pregnancy and then I went in for the ultrasound. It was sooo cool to see the little bean and hear the heartbeat!
    How do you feel/symptoms? I'm actually feeling OK. A little nausea here and there, but no vomiting. Very sore boobs. A LOT of peeing and fatigue. I usually take a little catnap after I get home from work.
    Who have you told? Husband and Accupuncurist. We are planning on telling hubby's family next week. I would like to hold off telling friends until after the 1st tri, but it's getting harder and harder to come up with excuses to bail on happy hour!

Very excited to get to know you all over the next couple of months!

40. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

Thanks @cyndistar3 I just realized after telling my sister my EDD that it is my nephews birthday, June 4th!

Welcome, @sidwuzhere - congratulations!

We told my Dad and stepmom today, it was so exciting. I will be so happy when the word is out to everyone and I can stop pretending. I keep almost letting it slip. But they are very excited! I made a little photo book on Shutterfly about the life of my husband and I and the last page was a picture of me holding the pregnancy test, and then a picture of the ultrasound. We made one for them, my Mom and my husband's parents.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee