Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Kicking off June 2013 board

1. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@LazyLightning: Wow!! I'm so glad you found something that works for you. Were you big on caffeine before you were pregnant? Just wondering if caffeine withdrawals could have added to your sickness.

Hope that continues to work!

2. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Im gonna make some coffee asap!

3. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@lazylightning - Oh my gosh! That is awesome! I am really glad to hear it. I bought some ginger pills today because I didn't like that I was eating ginger candies that were really more sugar than actual ginger. I am going to give those a go round and see if it makes any difference.

4. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@mellybelly: I was a hardcore caffeine-head until earlier this year. In prep for TTC, I slowly tapered back starting in about May of this year. I was down to almost none by Sept, and then stopped entirely due to sickness a few weeks back. (I woke up one day and just didn't think I could drink coffee.) I told my husband: caffeine is just a part of my essential self! I need it to function--take it away and I wither! I really hope the good luck continues; will try again tomorrow!

5. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@lazylightning- I hope you found your magical cure! That would be amazing!

6. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@LazyLightning: "take it away and I wither!" haha love the way you put that!

@tlcbaby: my grandpa has told me that you can even buy the ginger root at the grocery store, peel and slice it, and just suck on the slices to help with nausea.

7. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@mellybelly - that might be another good idea!

8. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

Has anyone else been taking weekly photos yet? I started to, even though I know I don't have a bump yet, but I bought a book called "The Belly Book" where you can journal and include photos and ultrasound photos so I've started taking pictures every week. It is a really cute book and I think we will really like looking back on it.

9. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@tlcbaby: I just took my first one this morning, although it was just in the bathroom at work hah! I'm still 5 weeks so definitely no belly (other than my un-toned normal belly), but I figured I would want a "before" pic at some point. The Belly Book sounds so cool! Are you going to do any of the cute-sy weekly pics like the "This week baby is the size of a grape"? I love those, but being honest with myself I will probably never do them.

10. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

My husband is good with photoshop (it is his job) so I had an idea for him to make a little banner on each photo that says how many weeks I am, but that is it. I do love those photos where they compare it to fruits or include little facts, but I think I'll just keep it simple.

11. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

I haven't started taking bump photos yet. I don't have a baby bump yet, and I would just be showing off my flabby tummy/bloat. I think i'll wait until maybe 10ish weeks. I love the idea of a baby book or a pregnancy journal though.

12. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@qbbride - I am definitely keeping my stomach covered with my shirt. There is no way I am letting anybody see this right now, haha

13. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Had my first appointment yesterday! No ultrasound, so that was a bummer, although I was sort of preparing myself that it might not happen. We're gonna get a call about our early risk assesment u/s somewhere between when I'm 10 and 13 weeks. Is that the NT people talk about? I'm mostly doing it to check on a heartbeat...

Let me tell you, if I thought pelvic exams were not so fun before, pregnant pelvic exams makes them seem like a blast. Ouch!

14. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@knittylady - That is exciting! How far along are you now? I think that would be the NT because they have to do it in the first trimester.

15. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

How is everybody feeling?

I don't know if I can attribute it to the ginger pills or just that I am getting to the point where my HCG might be declining as I get near the second trimester, but I actually have felt ALMOST like a normal person today. I am still extremely hungry, but not really nauseous. I almost feel like I could even eat a salad!

I am hoping this means I can get back to my early morning workouts, I am going to set the alarm in the morning and see how I feel before I decide.

16. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@knittylady: why are the exams so much worse during pregnancy? I am definitely not looking forward to those.

@tlcbaby: SO glad you are feeling better! Hope you can get back to your workout schedule soon!

I'm feeling very few symptoms. Really just bloated and hungry all the time. I told my husband I don't feel pregnant at all. It just doesn't feel real! We'll see in the next couple weeks if I start having nausea. I'll be 6 weeks on Friday.

17. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

So I went back and read this thread ( http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/how-much-weight-did-you-gain-in-the-1st-trimester#post-2151 ) this morning because I was curious about 1st trimester weight gain. I feel like mine is definitely on the high end (about 6 pounds so far) and I still have two and a half weeks to go! I eat healthy food, but I just eat a lot of it because I am so hungry all of the time. I hope things just kind of naturally even out as time goes by!

18. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mellybelly: something about a lot of blood being focused in that general area. The speculum bit hurt! But maybe it's also just cause I hadn't had one in over a year and forgot what a pain it is...

19. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@tlcbaby: I've gained the same amount and am hoping not to gain too much more since I started the pregnancy over my goal weight.. oy. It is nice to see "DO NOT START A DIET" written on every prenatal care handout I've received.

20. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@knittylady - It is a strange feeling to eat and workout and know that I am still going to gain weight no matter what I do. I actually hope it kind of improves my thoughts around health and food even after pregnancy.

21. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@knittylady: I totally feel you on seeing the "DO NOT START A DIET" thing, because under normal circumstances, I'd definitely be looking to lose 5-10 lbs. I also started this pregnancy up a bit, which I mostly blame on my fertility drugs. It sucks to start out with a little belly even before I'm close to showing!

@tlcbaby: so glad to hear you are feeling better! I'll have to keep ginger pills in mind in case m/s kicks in.

@mellybelly: my initial symptoms have subsided, so I have totally said that I don't feel pregnant, too. Other than a little bloating and occasional waves of slight nausea, I won't know anything was different. I don't know whether to be thankful that maybe I'll skip m/s or wish for a few more signs :).

I'm headed in for my first u/s tomorrow (6w6d). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will be the LAST time we have to go to the fertility clinic for awhile! Very excited, but also kind of nervous. I hope everything is going well for the LO in there!

22. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@tlcbaby - dont worry about your weight gain. I'm a true believer that your body will gain what it needs to gain during your pregnancy. You're eating well, so that's all you can do!

@greenthumb - good luck at your appointment and u/s tomorrow! Can't wait to hear your update

23. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@GreenThumb: Good luck tomorrow! Will the fertility clinic refer you somewhere else for prenatal care?

Thanks @qbbride: I think you are right, just a little tough to get used to those numbers going up!

24. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@GreenThumb: I'm hoping I'll skip the m/s too. We'll see if I start feeling anything this coming week (week 6!). Glad you're feeling good, too! Hope your appointment goes well today. So awesome that you're getting an u/s this early. I won't get one until 20 weeks - I don't know if I can wait that long!

Sounds like several of us have started our pregnancies over our ideal weight. I am probably 7-10 pounds over what I would have liked to be, but it definitely is nice to kind of let that go for the next 9 months.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Any exciting plans?

25. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

I am having a Pinterest party tonight I had never heard of such a thing, but my sister told me about it and we are having it at my house. Everyone brings a food they've seen on Pinterest that they want to make and we are making a few holiday crafts from Pinterest. I think it'll be a lot of fun!

Since so many of my friends will be over tonight I am going to share the baby news with everyone, too!

26. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

Houston - we have a heartbeat! So crazy exciting after such a tough time getting pregnant! I feel like we have finally made it to the next big step. Baby was measuring a little small according to the doc, but my bladder was really full, so she was having trouble getting a good picture. But because of that, she is recommending one more u/s at 9 weeks before I graduate to my OB. I'll be so excited to just see a regular doc!

@tlcbaby: A Pinterest party sounds like so much fun! Love that idea! And a great time for an announcement!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

27. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@GreenThumb: Congratulations!!! That must be so exciting and such a relief! So happy for you.

@tlcbaby: How FUN! Especially this time of year with all the holiday foods/crafts on pinterest.

We will be going to homecoming festivities for our alma mater this weekend, but we live in our college town, so no traveling required! It'll be fun to see our old college buddies.

28. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@GreenThumb: That is awesome! Isn't it the craziest thing?

@Mellybelly: That sounds like a fun weekend.

29. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@tlcbaby: I've gained 6 or 7 lbs too. I'm in the middle of week 9... I know it's due to my overeating some days, because other days I can barely eat and when i can, I do! I told my husband, I will worry about losing the weight when I don't feel like crap (after the baby I guess). I ate a whole can of pringles the other day (among other things).

At 9w2d, I am:
    --still sick. Ugh. 3 weeks and counting now. Praying to feel better by thanksgiving; we'll see.
    --wearing maternity clothes sometimes, unbuttoned/unzipped pants others..even my normal leggings are too tight around the middle elastic.
    --counting down the days until Nov 16, when I go to another city to have my NT Scan (and first U/S, get to hear heartbeat (i hope i hope i hope), etc).

We also got me a different car; my other car wasn't very old but was a small sedan (Civic) and didnt have AWD; we live in a cold climate so husband especially (me too but lesser degree) wanted me to have AWD & more safety. We bought it thursday and I was glad to have it yesterday because it snowed a lot and the roads got bad!!

30. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@LazyLightning: I think we are right on track It really is different for everybody and I am trying not to get too hung up on it. If eating is what makes me not feel sick, I am going to eat. I just try to stick to mostly healthy items. I have been dying for pepperoni this week for some reason, but I went to the health food store and got the expensive nitrate free, humanely raised kind.

Sorry you are still feeling so sick. I really hope you start feeling better. My sister told me about the Bella Band (well the Target brand, whatever they call theirs) and she was able to wear her regular pants and shorts for months. I may go get one this weekend.

What kind of car did you get?

31. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@tlcbaby: my husband's grandma pulled me off to the side this weekend and told me it's probably twins, for how big I am. (!!!!!!)

Good job with your pepperoni, I just order Little Ceasars and hope for the best Oh and the car we got was the Acura RSX, it's a small SUV similar to a subaru forester in size.

32. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@LazyLightning: Oh my gosh! Luckily I have enough loose fitting clothes that I think I am hiding any weight gain pretty well so far. Even if I notice, I am not ready for anybody else to notice.

A Forester is what we have! We just got it last year and now with a baby on the way I am so glad we have it.

33. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

Yay! Nice to meet you all!

EDD: June 27

How far along: 6w 3d

First child? Yes

First Dr. Appointment: November 26th. It cannot come soon enough!

How do you feel/symptoms?
    I have a dull, constant nausea that only goes away if I am stuffing my face. My boobs are sore. I pee every 2 1/2 minutes (or that's how it seems, at least!). I have been having insanely vivid dreams. I also have a weird, tingling sensation in my clitoral area. I am also notably tired all of the time. Despite all of that, I feel like I have it pretty easy compared to some of my friends and family members!

Who have you told? My husband, our parents, and our siblings.

34. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@rahlyrah: welcome welcome and congrats!

35. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@rahlyrah: Congratulations!!! You are due only one day before me - it's great to have someone so close! Welcome

36. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

@knittylady: @mellybelly: Thank you! Congrats to you both!

37. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@tlcbaby: Even my loosest pants and skirts don't work for me anymore. I had to buy maternity leggings because my normal ones were too tight in the belly. I'm worried about how big I'm gonna GET!!

38. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@lazylightning: I'm so sorry you're having trouble with clothing! Maybe it's just a spurt and things will slow down soon.

I weigh a few times per week, and this morning I recorded my current weight on my pregnancy app, and it said "excessive weight gain." It was only 2.4 pounds above what my first weight was!! Granted, I'm only 6.5 weeks, but even before I was pregnant my weight fluctuated in a three pound range all the time. It's just kind of ridiculous that 2.4 pounds would be "excessive."

I think 75% of it is in the boobs. My husband has noted that they are growing rather large, and they are always sore, so I'm assuming it's the growing pains haha!

How's everyone else doing this morning?

39. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@mellybelly: yes! My app says I'm too fat too. Couple that with the daily "tips" where I swear, every couple days it says to 'keep up your exercise' (i'm so sick - there's NO WAY that is happening), and I'm ready to delete the app! lol.

40. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

Hi ladies!!! Just wanted to pop in and say hello because I'm always lurking on this thread. My EDD right now is May 25 so am only a week or so ahead of a lot of you guys, and the May thread is painfully slow sometimes! I have my 12w u/s and NT test next week so might get a new EDD, but may end up posting on both threads

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee