Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Kicking off June 2013 board

1. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Revel: @tlcbaby: Hi guys! Revel so exciting you heard it with the doppler!!! I'm 12w2d and have our second appointment tomorrow - with NT scan/ultrasound, so hoping to see/hear the heartbeat again for sure, and maybe some arms and legs if we're lucky. I'll be getting dated again and don't imagine they'll push me all the way back to June at this point (from May 25) but we'll see!

2. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@JoJoGirl: Good luck at your appointment tomorrow! I get so nervous when my appts. are creeping up, just hoping for good news, you know?

@revel: Getting back into the gym has been hard after taking it easy for a while. I had to re-train myself to get up at ungodly hours!

3. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@JoJoGirl: oh, that should be a great appointment tomorrow! How exciting, please fill us in afterwards! I have my NT on Friday - I can't believe it's almost here.

@tlcbaby: Tell me about it! I go at 7am and it's definitely been tough to get back in to it. I couldn't go today because of my appointment but I plan to be there tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to fully coming "out" at the gym - not just to my trainers. I guess I could at this point but I'm waiting until the NT scan on Friday, since it's so close. I can't believe I managed to keep it a secret for this long.

4. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: @Revel: Thanks guys! I'm excited! And OMG, I would die to go to CF at 7am. I'm in the 5:30am. Yup, you read that right. I start work at 7:30am so even the 6:30am would make me super late It's the worst thing ever but I've somehow managed to keep up 3x/week this whole time. Getting harder though.

And @revel, YES YES YES to finally coming out at the gym, ha ha! I'll probably do it this week too, especially because i'm definitely starting to look thicker. Like "yes I swear I CAN do burpees, I just haven't been for the last 2.5 months".

5. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@JoJoGirl: Yeah, 7am isn't that early, hahaha. 5:30am, wow! Our earliest session is 6am, and I suspect that will be my future once I return postpartum, so I'm going to enjoy my extra hour of sleep until then! I'm so impressed that you stuck with it 3 days a week the whole first tri.

Ditto looking/feeling thicker - It's definitely noticeable for me at this point, though much more it looks like I've just been overeating and not exercising, than looking like a baby bump. I'm curious if anyone will tell me if they suspected or not. Somehow I think at the gym they may have been more likely to pick up on it than in other areas of my life - with the appearance + change in attendance+ change in athletic performance.

6. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@Revel: Yeah it's the worst, basically. I feel like I have a bump finally this week, but nobody except my family notices it. I'm pretty small to start with so feel like it's obvious all my clothes are so tight on me now, but who knows. It'll be interesting at work and at the gym when I come out with it to see who suspected. Right now I think no one! In two weeks, I'm guessing it'll be a lot more obvious!

7. itsmejules

olive / 69 posts

alright, I think I can play along now:

EDD: June 9

How far along: 10W1D

First child? Nope

First Dr. Appointment: about 6 weeks along because I had no clue when I got pregnant. Second appointment Wednesday - already had an ultrasound and got to hear the heartbeat

How do you feel/symptoms? Tired, heartburn, gagging. Lots of gagging

Who have you told? Nobody yet! Hoping to spill the beans over Thanksgiving.

8. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@JoJoGirl: I go at 6:00, 5:30 would really be pushing it for me. You go girl! I have pretty much come out with it at my gym. I told my coaches a while ago, but if it comes up I have told others. I haven't really announced it or anything, though.

But it has been hard to be working out and getting bigger, it makes me worry people think I am just slacking off.

9. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@itsmejules: Welcome!

@tlcbaby: Haha. All the CF in the world can't make up for how crappy I've been eating. Hope to get back on it in the 2nd tri!

10. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@itsmejules: Welcome! How exciting Sorry you aren't feeling well. How many children do you have?

11. itsmejules

olive / 69 posts

I have a 20 month old daughter.

I don't necessarily feel terrible, but certain smells/foods make me gag all of a sudden. Worst offender is coffee. I look at it and/or smell it and I start coughing and gagging until i walk away. At times I wish I'd just throw up instead of the gagging!

12. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@itsmejules: I haven't been able to handle coffee either, among many, many other things. Things just don't sound good and even when something does sound good it usually doesn't taste the way I expect it to. It is so weird.

How exciting for your daughter to have a little brother or sister!

13. itsmejules

olive / 69 posts

this time around Im having definite cravings/aversions. I don't remember that last go around. I'm excited to see if that means anything!

14. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@itsmejules: Welcome! I hope you start to feel better soon.

@JoJoGirl: "All the CF in the world can't make up for how crappy I've been eating. " This. Exactly. This is my life.

@tlcbaby: Ditto to what you and @itsmejules are saying about the coffee - it tasted so off to me for weeks - it is just now starting to taste normal again, so I'm having a small cup a few days a week again.

15. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

Well ladies, it's been a pleasure walking this journey with you all, but I'm afraid I will no longer be a part of the June 2013 club. I had some light spotting for the last week or so, then Saturday night I started seeing red blood and clots, and we just knew the worst had happened. Sunday I had horrible cramps that came in contraction-like waves with more bleeding. This morning we went in for an ultrasound and the baby was gone.

We are devastated but have great hope for the next pregnancy. Looking back on it, I feel like the lack of symptoms over the last few weeks was a sign, and now I'm glad that I had trouble feeling like it was very real, since it probably saved me from some measure of heartache.

We had just told my family on Friday night and it was so exciting and perfect, and today we had to call them and tell them that the baby didn't make it. But they have been so supportive and helpful.

I wish you all happy and healthy pregnancies. I'll be thinking about all of you especially as we inch toward the month of June. May God watch over your tiny little ones as they grow each week!

Melanie

16. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@mellybelly: Nooooooooooo Oh honey, I'm so so sorry to hear this Ugh. My heart is broken for you. Had you had an ultrasound already or was this your first? I am so sorry Take care of yourself..

17. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mellybelly: ia am so so sorry to hear this. Drop me a line if you ever want to talk, I had a natural mc as well in July. Take care of yourself. Hugs.

18. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@mellybelly: I am so so sorry to hear about this. My thoughts are with you and your husband. Wish I could give you a hug IRL!

19. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@mellybelly: I'm sorry! If you ever want talk, hit me up. Prayers for you and your hubby!

20. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@knittylady: @GreenThumb: @Jennimac: thanks so much for your support!

@JoJoGirl: this was my very first u/s.

21. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@mellybelly: I am so sorry to see this. I know nobody can understand exactly how you are feeling, but if you ever want to talk about it, feel free to shoot me a message. Just know that it is in no way your fault. Take care of yourself and do what you need to do to heal. You are going to be a great mommy!

22. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@mellybelly: So sorry to hear this news... be kind to yourself in this tough time.

23. Ra

honeydew / 7586 posts

@mellybelly: Oh no! I am so, so sorry love. =( My thoughts are with you and your DH during this difficult time.

24. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@JoJoGirl: How was your appointment?

My midwife listened for the heartbeat and heard it right away. She said all of my labs came back fine (we didn't do any prenatal testing, just my regular blood work) and everything is looking good. I have an appt. in four weeks and after that we'll have our big 20 week anatomy scan.

25. Tuesday

pea / 6 posts

@mellybelly I'm so sorry to hear your news, the exact same thing happened to me at the exact same time this weekend. I am now resting up in bed and I hope you are too. Please know that I am thinking of you through this tough time and if you ever fancy a chat please get in touch.

Wishing everyone else happy and healthy pregnancies xXx

26. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@mellybelly: @Tuesday: i am so sorry to both of you. Take care of yourselves!!!

27. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: It was great, thanks It's little hand was up by its nose and it's little legs were crossed! So weird! All looked fine on the NT test so we're good to go... gotta email my boss for a meeting. Eek!

28. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@JoJoGirl: So did they keep your end of May due date? You are planning to tell your boss this week, right?

29. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: Yep they didn't change it cause she said it's "close enough" to my current EDD. And yeah.. my boss. I just updated my thread. I sent her an email tonight asking for a meeting on Thursday and she basically said 'what's going on?' and wanted to talk TONIGHT! So I told her over the phone like an hour ago I feel disproportionately guilty. Boo.

30. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@JoJoGirl: Aww, sorry. I assume she just thought it was something bad, like that you wanted to quit. Sorry it didn't go the way you were hoping.

31. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: It's okay - she said all the "right" things, acted excited etc. I just wish the timing wasn't so awkward.

32. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

Well I think m/s has officially set in. I'm 8w4d today and have been very nauseous/gagging every morning for the past week. I've only actually gotten sick once, but man, this sucks! I was also sick with a cold last week, too, so I could not make it to work. But this week I have to go into the office and I just don't know how I am going to make it through the day. I'm exhausted and could easily fall asleep as I'm typing...
    Thanks for letting me vent :)!

33. itsmejules

olive / 69 posts

had another doctors appointment today. Got to hear baby's heartbeat again which is pretty much the highlight of each month. I've been abnormally paranoid about this pregnancy, so it was great to hear everything was going great - and the chances of anything going wrong now, are only 1-2%. In two weeks I have my 12 week ultrasound which I'm even more excited about. First ultrasound, baby just looked like a kidney bean!

34. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@GreenThumb: So sorry, it is no fun. I know mine was mild compared to a lot of women so I definitely wondered how people made it through work everyday if they were getting sick all the time. Mine just mostly makes me feel that I wanted to lie down and not get up for a few weeks until is passes.

@itsmejules: That is wonderful! I always feel reassured after my appointments, as well. It is just nice to have some confirmation that there is a little life in there when you really can't see it yet!

So I am having some work woes and thinking I may need to find a new job, which is none too exciting for a pregnant woman! It all just kind of happened today and I am feeling really confused. I am hoping once I can sit down tonight with my husband and discuss everything I'll feel better about it.

35. itsmejules

olive / 69 posts

TLCBaby, I'm potentially in the same spot as you! Actually, I don't think I can switch jobs (I carry the insurance) but my department is screwy - and my boss has told me I'm potentially getting a raise. I keep trying to wait on the pregnancy announcement until I hear about the raise but I think I'll be showing soon:/

36. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@itsmejules: If I were you, I would wait it out, too. I just took this job a few months ago thinking it would be great while I was in grad school, but this place is just a mess and now they want to cut our hours, which I can't afford. Especially for a job I don't even like much. I really need to think about my options.

37. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@GreenThumb: i'm sorry. it really does suck. i hope it's short lived for you.

38. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

I heard the heartbeat today at my first appt! (11 weeks). Yay! I also had 4 vials of blood taken, and pee, and got a flu shot and a pap - just an all around fun appt lol. But Yeah, it was really loud and strong. He said 160 bpm which is a very healthy heartbeat. So excited! Have an NT scan friday in another city so I get to see the little bugger too.

39. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@LazyLightning: That is so great! Hopefully it makes the sickness slightly more bearable.

40. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

@LazyLightning: @TLCbaby: Thanks ladies - I know it is just part of the process and will (hopefully) only get better soon. Second tri is right around the corner!!

@LazyLightning: So glad your appt went well and it will be great for you to see the little one on Friday! So exciting!

@TLCbaby: @itsmejules: I'm sorry that work issues are coming up for you both now. It definitely sucks to have to think about new jobs and how jobs in general are impacted by being pregnant. but I hope that things work out for the best for you!

We had our first sit-down chat with the nurse at our OB's office on Tuesday and I'll go in for another u/s on Friday. I didn't want to say this before, but at my 6w6d u/s, the doc couldn't get a good measurement on the baby and said that he/she was possibly measuring small by like a week + even though we saw a great heartbeat. Because I went through IVF and we know exactly when everything took place (not like I didn't quite know when I ovulated or something), so this has had me going crazy with anxiety for the past two weeks. We'll get a better look at baby tomorrow and hopefully everything is right on track. I have to admit that the increase in m/s has actually made me feel better about that first u/s. It was so early and it sounds like measurements can often be difficult when baby is so small.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee