Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Kicking off June 2013 board

1. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@JoJoGirl: Hi there!! welcome. My NT scan (also my first U/S) is next Friday. Yay!

2. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@LazyLightning: Thanks and yay!!! So excited for another u/s! We had one at 7.5 weeks but couldn't see anything at all. At least this time it should be more human-like and less kidneybean-like.

3. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@rahlyrah: Welcome and congratulations!!

4. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@LazyLightning: I think it will all even out, we all have plenty of time! I might be right behind you on those leggings, though. I was thinking the same thing.

@jojogirl - I feel the same way - my EDD is June 4th so I know I could easily end up having a May baby.

My morning sickness eased up last week, but it seems to be back. Yesterday was rough and today hasn't been much better. We were away from home running errands all afternoon yesterday so I think it may have been the lack of constant intake of food.

5. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@JoJoGirl: Congrats and welcome! I'm at the other end of the June EDD, but it's neat to hear about the progress of the ladies that are several weeks ahead of me so I get an idea of what's coming. Hope your u/s goes well! I don't get one until 20 weeks (sometime in mid-February) which feels FOREVER away!

6. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: @mellybelly: Thanks for the welcome!!!!

20 weeks!! Aack I'd be going nuts! They first said my first u/s would be at 12 weeks and I didn't think I'd ever be able to wait that long (managed to get one earlier for dating). I can't believe now it's almost here!

7. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jojogirl - You do CrossFit, right? How have your workouts been going? I finally forced myself to go to bed at 9:00 so I could get to a 6:00 class this morning. I have been letting myself sleep in for a few weeks, but now that I am getting a tiny bit of energy back I am trying to get back in the habit.

8. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: They've been going okay, but I struggle still with finding the line of what's 'pushing too hard'. I wear a HR monitor which helps, but in general I've been keeping up with 3x/week (save for last week when the gym had no power). @blackbird on here also does it and said her energy came back with a veangance in the 2nd tri, so hang in there. Now she keeps PRing!

9. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@JoJoGirl: I didn't think I would get any PR's during my pregnancy, but we've been going for such a short time that I actually am getting stronger on some of the WOD's we haven't done in a while.

So since you are a bit further along that most of us on this board, how were your first trimester symptoms? Do you notice them getting better?

10. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: Nobody hate me but I didn't have many symptoms during the first tri! I'm still super bloated (for reference I'm 11w2d today) and my boobs are out of control, but that's been pretty much it. I have had terrible food aversions the last 2 weeks so am going to try and get back to my normal diet this week and see how it goes.

11. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@JoJoGirl: wow I'm so glad for you! This gives me hope for a mostly symptom-free first tri also! (knocking on wood now). I haven't been sick yet, just bloated with sore boobs (I'm at 6w3d right now). Hope you're able to resume your normal diet soon!

12. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@mellybelly: Yay! I have a friend who just had a baby and was all "don't hold your breath, I started barfing every day at 10w!"... but nope. I'm still fine!

13. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@JoJoGirl: my food aversions have been fierce lately! It sucks because after eating Paleo for a year and a half I could make a tasty meal out of pretty much any combo of meat and veggies, but now most of my favorites make me sick to think about.

I tried to make broiled salmon last night and just kinda choked it all down, but I didn't enjoy it and complained to my husband throughout the meal.

My new go to meal (I am sorry if it sounds gross!) is Trader Joe's broccoli and carrot slaw, sun dried tomatoes, salsa verde and two cut up Applegate Farms hot dogs all heated up together in a pan. When I eat it I know it is weird, but I like it. I have also been putting mustard on my broccoli and brussels sprouts. I think I am just trying to cover up the taste of certain foods to make them palatable because that is just weird!

14. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: Good on you for making it work anyway! I just defaulted to grilled cheese and gross Stop and Shop burritos (the kind with 100 ingredients). Broccoli and brussels sprouts have not been in the rotation at all

15. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jojogirl: well there have been plenty of lara bars in there, too
    I used to love smoothies, too, but for some reason now the only flavor that sounds good is chocolate. Maybe it is holding me off from driving to DQ for a milkshake!

I did manage to eat a salad on Friday when my sickness seemed to be really low all day. But on days when I feel nauseous I can't even imagine eating a salad. I have basically taken over our meal decisions - my poor husband.

16. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

So I decided to run on the treadmill at the gym this morning and OMG my boobs hurt so bad I had to slow down! They have been pretty sore, but they are so small that I thought my regular sports bra would be enough to control them.

I was wrong.

17. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@tlcbaby: Oh yeah. A new sports bra is the only new piece of clothing i've bought since being pregnant.

18. dewdrop

pea / 24 posts

Hello. Can I join in? After 9 months of TTC, it's exciting to finally be here!

EDD: June 13

How far along: 8w5d

First child? Yes

First Dr. Appointment: It was on 10/31--we had a dating ultrasound and so far everything looks good!

How do you feel/symptoms? Exhausted, hungry, and bloated.

Who have you told? We just told my parents over the weekend and are going to tell my husband's parents and my sister this week.

19. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@dewdrop: oh yay! Congratulations and welcome! I'm sure after 9 months of trying you are very happy to be here

20. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@dewdrop: Congratulations! How exciting to be sharing the happy news with your family

21. dewdrop

pea / 24 posts

@mellybelly: @tlcbaby: Thanks! And congrats to you both, as well!

22. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

Hi June mamas-to-be! I am so excited to join this board...I just had my first ultrasound today and my husband and I got to see the baby. Totally blew our minds.

EDD: June 18

How far along: 8 weeks exactly

First child? Yes

First Dr. Appointment: Today! It was a big day - saw the baby and I (we? voted in the presidential election. Yeehah!

How do you feel/symptoms? Pretty tired, bloated and blah in the evenings, majorly sore (and growing!) boobs, and I'm craving carbs and milk like nobody's business.

Who have you told? Just my husband and my OB - we are keeping it to ourselves until after the first trimester and the screens for abnormalities, etc.

23. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@dewdrop: @tinypiglet: Welcome and congrats!!

24. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@tinypiglet: So exciting! Congratulations! I thought I would be so emotional at my first ultrasound, but I was really just pretty blown away by the whole thing that I didn't react the way I thought I would.

25. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Hi ladies! Just dropping in to let you all know that I'm lurking here on the June board as well as May because I am almost certainly a June 1 due date - I had initially thought late May but because of long cycles my date got pushed.

Congrats to all the June moms to be!

26. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Revel: Hi! You are just right there on the border between May and June.

27. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@tinypiglet: Welcome and congrats! How exciting to see your baby for the first time!

@revel: Congratulations to you too!

Question for everyone: how has your attitude been toward your future LO? All of us on this thread are still relatively early on in our pregnancies, so I was just wondering if anyone else is feeling like me...

I have been in a weird state of mind about the pregnancy. I am excited on the outside (like around other people who know about it), but on the inside I just can't get excited, or even emotional about it. I sometimes don't even believe I'm pregnant, because I am not feeling the emotions or symptoms of it. I guess it's just not real to me yet? But I feel so guilty for NOT feeling anything, if that makes sense. Any thoughts from you ladies?

28. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@mellybelly: I'm feeling guilty about the way I feel. First off, I don't think of future baby as human or even existing in there. A lot of that is probably because i haven't seen a heartbeat or ultrasound. Second, future baby just makes me sick. That's all it does. Makes me feel like sh*t 24 hours a day and I hate it. (I don't hate the baby, I hate the sickness._ But I am resentful toward pregnancy and the misery it has caused me, absolutely. Not only am I too sick to eat much, but I've somehow gotten so fat that I am already in maternity clothes at not even 10 weeks. All this then makes me feel like a horrible person because I had no trouble getting pregnant and so many people would LOVE to be pregnant and have struggled so much. Yet here I am... hatin'.

29. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@mellybelly: I had a hard time making much of a connection with the baby until I had my first u/s. Becuase we had a miscarriage in the past, I really didn't want to get too attached. I am feeling more excitement/attachment now that we have seen the baby, but I still have days where I am scared that it could all end at any moment. I think it will be easier to know it is all real when we start getting big ol' baby bumps.

@lazylightning: How far along are you now? I really hope you start to feel better, I'll be thinking about you!

30. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@tlcbaby: 10 weeks tomorrow

31. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@LazyLightning: thanks so much for your reply. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my feelings! I think it's totally understandable that you are "hatin'" because you are having such horrible symptoms. I think a lot of women in your position would not be so bubbly and excited about their pregnancies at this point either. For me, I'm having almost no symptoms, so I don't really have that reason to be feeling this way. I definitely feel the same way about feeling guilty that I got pregnant so easily too, yet am not enjoying it per se. I really hope you start feeling better soon, and maybe it'll be more real for both of us once we see our LO's on the U/S.

32. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@tlcbaby: thanks for your perspective. I'm sure this would be a lot more scary having gone through a miscarriage already. I think I am really scared of that happening too (even though I've never m/c), and maybe that's why I'm holding back my emotional attachment to the baby. I hope seeing the u/s will help my connection like it did yours! It's just too bad I won't get one until 20 weeks lol. By then I'll have a big enough bump that it'll probably be more real even without the u/s!

33. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@mellybelly: Yes, I think seeing that there is a baby growing inside of you will make a big difference!

@lazylightning: I have my fingers crossed the whole "honeymoon trimester" thing rings true for you and this passes soon!

34. tinypiglet

cherry / 184 posts

@mellybelly: I think you will definitely feel differently after you see the baby on the ultrasound. It's seriously mind-blowing. I mean, you know there is something in there, vaguely, okay, whatever... but the doctor picks up that wand and boom! Baby! On the screen! Right there! Having that moment really made it all hit home (and for my husband, too, who had kind of forgotten I was pregnant until then (not really, but it wasn't something he was thinking about all the time like I have been doing!)). Though, like you said, at 20 weeks you'll likely already have a visible reminder of what's going on!

@LazyLightning: I actually just sucked it up and ordered some maternity pants because yesterday at work I had to unbutton mine, they hurt so much! So I'm right there with you on the feeling huge... Hang in there!

35. mellybelly

grape / 76 posts

@tinypiglet: Aw I can't wait to see my baby!! Ultrasounds really are such an amazing invention. Maybe I'll opt for an earlier u/s just to help with my state of mind. I really don't know if I can wait until 20 wks!

36. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

Anyone line up your daycare yet? I was told by a friend that basically, she couldn't believe i hadn't done it yet. Waiting lists are long and quality infant care especially is hard to find. Sigh. I just started my research (which consists of asking friends i trust where they send their kids)... guess I'll try to schedule some tours next week or something!!

37. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@LazyLightning: I haven't. I don't know how we are going to do it yet, but I am trying to find a way to avoid putting the baby in daily childcare. We have even thrown around the idea of my watching my sister's kids so I can stay home and still make a little extra money.

We have talked about some new business ideas, too, or part time jobs I could get while I finish school. If I did this, we would still need to find part-time daycare, but it is difficult for us to start looking at this point since we haven't figured out our situation.

38. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

Just dropping in with an update - I had my second prenatal appointment today and I heard the heartbeat with the doppler! I was thinking I was too early but I wasn't. I am 11w2d My midwife is thinking the June 1 due date is right on target so I guess I'll be posting over here for the moment.

@mellybelly: @LazyLightning: I can totally relate to your posts about feeling a little disconnected from everything going on inside. I think hearing the heartbeat today made things a little more real, but I do wonder when it will all really sink in. Maybe when we've told more people/everyone? I do think it is pretty normal to feel this way. The creation of another life is a pretty hard thing to wrap your brain around.

How is everyone feeling?

39. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Revel: That is awesome - I'll be exactly 11 weeks when I go back to the doctor tomorrow so I really hope they can hear the heartbeat just so I can know everything is still okay.

I've been feeling a bit more like myself, but still slightly nauseous/extremely hungry all the time. And I am still super tired. Saturday we went to CrossFit and then worked in the yard and I was just dead on my feet yesterday, I barely wanted to get up off the couch.

Hope everyone is doing well!

40. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@tlcbaby: I hope you get to hear it. I totally was not expecting it because I've read it's iffy before 12 weeks or so - but she came right in with it when she started my visit.

I am definitely feeling better, since about 9.5 or 10 weeks. Not 100%, but better. I go to Crossfit as well, and last week was the first week since I found out that I made it to three classes in a week.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee