Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Kicking off June 2013 board

1. itsmejules

olive / 69 posts

just wanted to mention that, in my experience, doctors freak you out over nothing all the time.

Example #1 - when I went into labor, the doctor's like - oh I'm estimating a 9 lb baby (eek). She was 7 lbs 4 ounces

Example #2 - first exam he goes, by the size of your uterus, Im estimating you're 10-11 weeks along. I was 6 weeks along.

Example #3 - I had a low lying placenta on my first pregnancy, and they told me not to lift anything over 20 lbs - I was freaked out the entire pregnancy over this. At my doctors appointment yesterday I asked about it this time around, and they were like, yeah its common, 95% of the time the placenta moves up on its own, and we just do an extra ultrasound to ensure everythings fine. You shouldnt think twice about the condition.

I swear, they take a little joy in freaking us out.

2. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@GreenThumb: I am sorry. There are so many things that can make us anxious/scared. I hope they give you some reassuring news tomorrow. I definitely agree that when a baby is only about 1cm, it can be difficult to get exact measurements.

3. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@itsmejules: bahahaha my dr. said i was 'pretty rotund' for being only 11 weeks. Sorry i have a big uterus. i can't help it!

4. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@LazyLightning: Oh my god! My midwife doesn't blink at my weight gain, she just thinks I am crazy for worrying about it, which does make me feel a little better. But it has been going down the past few days...maybe the bloat is passing?

5. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

@mellybelly: I'm so sorry to read your update take care of yourself.

@tuesday - I'm so sorry about your loss I hope you are getting the support you need!

6. QBbride

pomegranate / 3192 posts

Hi ladies, I haven't checked in in while! I had my dating u/s yesterday. I was sooo nervous but I got to see a little heartbeat! It was so amazing. It makes it feel much more real, especially for hubby. Heart rate was 176 (seems so fast!) and babe was measuring 9w2d (3days ahead of what I thought) do I think my due date is June 17. I see the midwife next week. I spoke to her really early on (4w) so I haven't even followed up with a doctor yet, it seems so weird!

7. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@QBbride: Awesomeness!

My Mom took me to Kohl's to get my first maternity shirt tonight. I wasn't sure what size to get so I hope it still fits when my belly starts to grow.

This is the one we picked. Everything was 40% off!

http://www.kohls.com/product/prd-1107658/oh-baby-by-motherhood-striped-ruched-tee.jsp

8. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@QBbride: Glad you had a good dating u/s

@tlcbaby: cute shirt! I've bought one pair of maternity jeans that are fast becoming my favorites. Also bought a pair of work pants but they have a full panel and just feel ridiculous on me right now - not sure if I should return them. Both from GAP during their 30% off sale.

Just dropping in with an update - had my NT scan today! Baby looks good so far - and actually looks like a baby now. Measurements were all normal, and we have to wait until next week for the blood test results. We've started telling people today beyond our parents and close friends, and it's fun hearing their reactions.

I've been feeling pretty good but almost crampy the last few days. It's very mild and not constant, and honestly I can't even tell if it's digestive or if it's actually baby-related. Anyone else feel this way around 12 weeks?

9. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Revel: I've had some cramping too. From what I can tell it's normal baby growing, uterus growing and shifting position stuff... I'd of course feel better knowing others are feeling it too..

10. DpeachLu

clementine / 814 posts

@Revel: @knittylady: I am not feeling cramps now at 10 weeks but I felt cramps all through out my first pregnancy at different stages so yes normal!

11. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@knittylady: Yeah, that's what I figure is going on around now - and it is nice to hear that I'm not the only one! It is far from a feeling like menstrual cramps - more like an awareness of the whole area.

12. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@knittylady: @revel: Yes, I am feeling the same thing. Just mild crampiness for most of this week. I am 11 1/2 weeks now.

13. GreenThumb

pear / 1986 posts

Yay - we had a good u/s today! Baby is measuring just fine and we had a great heartbeat! The u/s equipment at the OB's office is actually so much better than the fertility clinic where I had my first u/s so we were able to see so much more now at almost 9 weeks then at almost 7 weeks. I feel so much better! What a relief!

14. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@GreenThumb: Yea! That is such good news and a great way to start the weekend!

15. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@DpeachLu: @tlcbaby: Looks like the cramps are very common! I was reading one of my pg book and it was talking about it too...

@GreenThumb: Congrats on a great ultrasound! I was disappointed in the quality of the images at my U/S - I was kind of surprised given it's a well-funded hospital in an urban area - but - at least it was still a decent picture.

16. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Hello!!! Id love to join this group!

EDD: June 25th
    How far along: 8w 5 d
    First child? Yes
    First Dr. Appointment:
    I had my 1st appt last week at 8w 1d. We couldnt hear a heartbeat on doppler but I got lucky and got in for an ultrasound the same day! It was amazing to see the heart beat!! The baby dated 7 wks 6d.
    How do you feel/symptoms?
    I'm nausous and having bad food aversions. No morning sickness but severe nausea and everything smells weird and turns my stomach upside down... I cant even drink coffee and the smell of it is disgusting....I cant believe it! This is coming from the girl who would drink 4-5 cups of joe a day. The muscle fatigue is tough especially when trying to workout. I also have had a tough time with memory...I feel really ditzy lately!!
    Who have you told? Husband and bff. Looking forward to telling family soon.

17. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jh524: Yea! Welcome! I keep thinking nobody else will be joining so it is fun to see new June mommies. You sound just like me a few weeks ago...I couldn't stomach most of my favorite foods and definitely not coffee! I am almost 12 weeks now and feeling much better - just ravenously hungry at all times.

Congrats and here's to a happy and healthy pregnancy!

18. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Had our first u/s today! I was in such disbelief the whole time. The tech was saying, "see it's moving a lot and stretching" and I was like, "hold on, is there a heartbeat???" I cried like, well, a baby on the table but luckily the techs must be real used to that cause she didn't seem bothered.

Measuring right on track at 11w4d! Yay!

When are you all planning on really letting the cat out of the bag? i.e. a friend you haven't spoken to in a while asks what you've been up to, you can say you're pregnant! Or a facebook announcement etc.,

19. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@knittylady: I was wondering the same thing! I think your good to go girl!! Tell your friends and fam but maybe wait for fb a bit longer....Im 9 wks today and will be like 13 wks at Christmas. Do you think making the announcement on Thanksgiving day would be appropriate or is it better to wait longer, like Christmas? What do you all think? Im not sure I can hide it too well anyways because I feel awful, nauseous 24-7 and kinda easliy irritated so my sister and mom may be suspicious already....

20. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@jh524: I'd say family and close friends on Thanksgiving is good! Maybe wait until Christmas to let the second round know? That's sort of what we did/are doing. Our immediate family and best friends know and we're thinking now is the time to let extended family and the rest of our friends in on it.

21. Revel

pear / 1563 posts

@jh524: Welcome!

@knittylady: It sounds like you are good to tell people! I started telling more people after my NT scan on Friday. It's been fun to not keep the secret anymore. I do plan on putting it on facebook - I share enough there that it would be odd for me not to, and I like to keep up with some of my more far flung friends that way - but I'm waiting probably another week or two. Not out of any great concern at this point, but I want to tell work before I go "public." It's unlikely it would trickle down to them but you just never know when putting things out on the internet.

22. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@knittylady: We pretty much went for it as far as announcing to close friends and family after my first ultrasound at 7 weeks. After my 11 week appointment where he heard the heartbeat a second time we went ahead and just pretty much let the world know.

23. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@tlcbaby: good to know! It still feels so unreal. It was our first u/s so maybe it's still just sinking in?? It feels impossible that I could actually have gotten this far!

p.s. if you can't tell, these are great problems to have.

24. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@knittylady: ha I think letting family/close friends know at Thanksgiving is nice and then waiting a few weeks to tell everyone else. It is kind of nice to have that special time before the whole world knows.

25. softcream

apricot / 423 posts

i think i'm ready to come out of lurking on this thread ...

EDD: june 16
    How far along: 10 weeks, 3 days
    First child? yep
    First Dr. Appointment: today! we got the transvaginal ultrasound right off the bat. soo cool. it's a real little person in there, with a heartbeat and everything!
    How do you feel/symptoms? just hungry all the time. tired, definitely need more sleep now. sore boobs. some bloating.
    Who have you told? husband right after our bfp. my immediate family and his immediate family the same day as our bfp.
    ... and no one else for the past 6 weeks. until today, when we walked into my parents' house and they asked, "how'd your appt go? when's the due date?" and my aunt was sitting right there. ummm, i guess we just told my aunt too.

26. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@softcream: Welcome! I guess your parents kinda let the cat out of the bag for you on that one.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone...so much to be thankful for!

27. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

Did everyone have a good Thanksgiving? We planned a two night backpacking trip, but my morning sickness turned it into a one night trip. We still got about 10 miles of hiking in and saw some beautiful scenery, but I guess I overestimated my abilities.

28. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

I didnt have much of a Thanksgiving because I got the 24 hr flu! It was so horrible, I didnt get to eat a thing except mashed potatoes. Well, I guess theres always next year!

29. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@jh524: Aww, sorry. Are you feeling better today? Maybe you can have a special Thanksgiving leftovers meal!

30. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

My TG was good too. Mostly ate mashed potatoes but it was nice to see family.

Early June ladies: WELCOME TO THE SECOND TRI! May the sickness cease...please???

Had our NT scan on Friday the 16th and saw the baby move a lot...so fun! They said they'd get me the results before Thanksgiving but didn't.... hopefully this coming week.

31. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@LazyLightning: Can we call it the 2nd trimester? I've been confused about that.. whether it's at 12 weeks or 13.

Either way yay! And yeah I've been having some non sick moments which are amazing, but then I'm always so surprised when the nausea comes back! I think it's going out in waves, much like how it came in.

32. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@knittylady: oh I forgot to mention! The NT scan ultrasound, they adjusted my EDD to June 1 (from June 6). So I hit Week 13 yesterday! (I am going by '13' for second tri starting).

33. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@LazyLightning: nice! I will hit 13w on Thursday.

How are you rolling out the news?

34. LazyLightning

pear / 1664 posts

@knittylady: family already knows, and some close friends. We're putting it in our Christmas card (just a little 'we're expecting: June 2013' or something), and lastly, Facebook after the new year, I think.

35. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@LazyLightning: Yea for the second trimester - I'll be there on Tuesday!

36. dcrumlish29

coffee bean / 45 posts

I haven't posted in a while, but was hoping someone here could ease my worries!

What are the chances of things going wrong once you see your baby's heart beat? I had an internal U/S at 8w6d and the doc said everything looked perfect, measuring right on schedule and the heartbeat was strong (didn't get the bpm). I'm now 10w5d and not due for another U/S until 12w6d. Which feels like eternity. I just keep praying that everything is okay in there!!

TIA ladies!

37. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@dcrumlish29: I don't know the answer to this but would like to know the answer as well. Bump!

38. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

Also, I've been wondering when one of us will start posting on the bump love thread..... Anyone thought about it?

39. itsmejules

olive / 69 posts

I actually asked the question at my last doctors appt - I was right around 10w 4 days. He said that only 1-2% of women will miscarry past the 10 week mark.

I asked him if it was safe to start telling people, and he said that those who miscarry past the 10 week mark - have usually had some indicator (bleeding, etc) that they may miscarry.

Hope that helps.

40. JoJoGirl

cantaloupe / 6206 posts

@dcrumlish29: 5%! That's one statistic i knew like the back of my hand and my OB confirmed after the first u/s went well at 7w5d. If there's a heartbeat, chances of something going wrong drop dramatically.

I feel like I might be in the bump love in a few weeks - i still am in 'too much pizza' but it starts looking more bump-like at the end of the day!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee