Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@swedishfish: We are definitely finding out, too!

2. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

I had lunch with a good friend today, and ended up telling her about our little bean. Then she asked me the best question: "Do you want the 'maternity box'?" It's a box FULL of mat clothes that she bought when she was pregnant, and clothes that had been handed down to her. The box has traveled to a few different women since she had her LO, and I'm SO excited to be getting a box of maternity clothes!

3. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@swedishfish: This is the biggest question for us right now. My husband is very very firmly team green, and I told him I'd consider it, but the closer we get to actually being able to find out, the more I want to know. Part of me wants to just give him this one thing because he feels so strongly about it, but I want to plan and get excited about our little boy or girl.

Also, my official due date got changed to February 15th, but Valentine's day is close enough for now.

@HeartAbandoned: That's so awesome!

4. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@HeartAbandoned: eek I am so jealous!

5. Mrs. Detour

apricot / 251 posts

We can't decide whether we want to know or not. I think ideally we would find out then not tell anyone else. We're the first grandchild and really don't want to be inundated with gendered items and assumptions. We're not going to do any radical non-gendered parenting, but since one of our best friends just transitioned genders after years of struggling, we've been giving all of these questions a lot more thought. It's seems like there are no good answers.

We got my dad a copy of Good Nite Good Note Construction Site (trucks are his thing) when we told him and his response was "what if it's a girl?" I had to remind him how much fun I had learning about construction equipment and big trucks with him.

6. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@swedishfish: wow good job! That must have taken forever! I think we're going to find out. I told my husband with #1 if we found out for that one, the next one I would stay TG. However, now that it's time I want to know! Especially as I'm 100% positive that this is a boy. But, when I was getting some lab work today I was talking with the girl taking my blood. She's having #2 and was 100% sure she was having the opposite gender as her first as her pregnancy is soo different. She found out she's having the same as what she had with #1. Now I'm wondering if I'm wrong what it is haha. Sooo we will probably find out again

7. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@swedishfish: Thank you for the updated list! So cool to see us all in a row.

We are definitely not TG! Both dying for a and itching to find out ASAP. Our next appt is Aug 1 at exactly 10w and we're scheduled for the N/T on Aug 11. We want allll the info!

@HeartAbandoned: That is INCREDIBLE!! What a score

8. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

@MrsB2012: haha, it took the entire 45 minutes of R's PT session. I'm glad it's done. I was feeling guilty.

I'm feeling like I have a girl in there. I would be shocked if it's a boy. I loved being for the first LO but I want to know for any other LOs.

9. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

So @MrsB2012: is convinced she's having a & @loopedd: is dying for a girl...Anyone else have strong feelings or preferences on gender? I've wanted a my whole life (as a 2-year-old I asked for a boy baby doll for Christmas, specifically!), but seeing how much fun my friends with little have, I know I'll be happy either way. My "feeling" is , but maybe it's just my lifelong preference showing through? The Chinese gender predictor tells me !

http://www.babycenter.com/chinese-gender-predictor

10. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

I can't wait to find! We've been going back and forth on whether we want to spend the extra money on an elective 16 week gender scan or not, so we'll see! My DH (and every single other person who knows that I am pregnant) thinks its a girl, so I am on team-boy just in case.

I was playing around with the idea of keeping the news off social media until we know the gender, but I look ridiculously pregnant... I'm only 10 weeks in and nothing fits!

11. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@AnneBird: I had a friend who announced her pregnancy, the gender, and the name all at the same time on social media. I loved it. I'm thinking we may also do the same thing. We'll tell plenty of others in real-life before then, but I'm thinking I'd like to delay the official social-media announcement until then.

I also have a Facebook friend who posted NOTHING about her pregnancy until she posted a picture of her baby! No bump pictures or anything. She had a ton of people asking her if they had adopted, since she hadn't said a word about expecting a child. She said, "Nope, this is just Facebook's best-kept secret." I thought it was awesome!

12. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Going into the pregnancy, I was 100% sure I wanted to find out the gender, but I'm starting to waffle now for couple reasons... 1. Wondering if we would be gifted a whole bunch of gender-specific cutesy clothing rather than the stuff we actually need, 2. We will only have 1 ultrasound the entire pregnancy... and what if they're mistaken?? We load up on a whole bunch of tutus and end up having a boy? I wasn't scared about this before, but I've been worrying about it more that necessary this week!

I don't really have any feelings either way, but DH made a comment very early on that he thought it would be a girl... so now I hope it is! I just think he'd be totally wrapped around her finger and that would be soooooo cute.

P.S. I just bought the sonoline B off eBay for $45... I decided I needed it and DH said OK

13. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

If we can really keep ourselves from spoiling the surprise any earlier, maybe we'll ask the ultrasound tech to write down the gender and not tell us, then we'll keep the note until later in the pregnancy, and then open it with just enough time to get a few clothing items before the birth and narrow down names. My general plan for baby gear and even nursery theme would be to go pretty gender neutral anyway, so the only thing it would ruin is other people's gifting plans... hehe

14. AnneBird

olive / 67 posts

@HeartAbandoned: I may steal that idea! I think we are going to wait until we know whether its a boy or a girl before posting in FB. On the other hand, maybe I'll be so happy I'll want everyone to know?!

Also, PSA: I don't know how everyone else is doing bump-wise, but maternity pants are amazing. I may never go back.

15. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@swedishfish: thanks for doing the list, it looks great!

We are definitely not team green! We weren't the first time either, I have to know! With my first pregnancy I was dying to have a girl. Days before finding out I knew in my heart it was a boy, and it was! Now I am convinced we will most likely have another boy! It would be fun to have brothers and use all our boy stuff again. If it's a girl, I'll be blown away (and thrilled)! I just can't wait to find out either way!

16. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

I'm horrible at keeping up with this thread. Sorry ladies, glad to see everyone is doing well.

We aren't exactly team green but we are having the the doctor write it down and we will take it on our trip to Disney in October and find out there (I want to know now, but it's better we do it this way). We are debating what we want to do but I think we are going to take the envelope to the embroidery people in the hat shop and have them do a set of Mickey ears with "it's a *insert sex here*" and then wrap them so we can open them somewhere, like in front of the castle. (If you can't tell we are huge Disney fans). We won't be telling anyone the gender until the shower, we will do some sort of reveal there. I don't want to end up with a bunch of gender specific clothes when we need gear.

DH is convinced that it's a and I'm convinced it's a (his dad's 3 brothers, his two brothers, and his brother's two sons are backing the odds in my favor). I will be thrilled either way of course!

Has anyone bought anything? We took the plunge and bought a couple big items, a crib which is from IKEA, it's a bit of a drive so we decided to just pick it up while we were there. A mattress I had a coupon for and got for a steal. And (this one I can't believe I did) I ordered a stroller because I got it for nearly 25% off. Luckily evertyhing is still in the package but still I can't believe I've already made such big purchases. I think it helps that I've been researching gear for two years and have had some stuff picked out for a while now.

17. swedishfish

@MrsTal: that is a fabulous idea (coming from the woman already planning her LOs' first trip to Disney in 2017)! I'm a Disney freak too! Where are you staying?

Display the ears at your shower as the gender reveal!

Which stroller did you get? I'm researching double strollers. I also need a new crib because R will still be in one. I'll probably get a set of big girl furniture for her as well.

18. Jruess

grape / 80 posts

@HeartAbandoned: awesome! I was lucky to receive a similar box of clothes when I was pregnant with my first. It was being passed around at work! This time I've purchased a few things from gap during their 40% off everything sale so I'm hoping I won't need much else.

We are considering being . We had a gender reveal party to find out with our first but I think I'd like to experience also. Our gear is gender neutral & we will need new clothes as my DD was born in August. I have a feeling it's a girl. Not sure why. This pregnancy is a little different than the first but also has similarities.

I thought my exhaustion/nausea was going away but this week has been awful. Not sure if it's due to my sore throat/cough but I'm ready to feel better. Wednesday I fell asleep pumping at work for an hour.

We are not having the NT scan done but we do have our next appointment on the 1st. Can't wait to hear the heartbeat! We've told immediate family & friends but will probably tell our employers after the appointment. Ready to share my excuse for my poor work performance.

19. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

@swedishfish: Oh gosh, I can't even wait to start planning the first Disney trip with the LO, of course all the grandparents will want to come too as they are also huge on Disney! We are staying at PO French Quarter, we were going to go big and stay at FT Wilderness Lodge but we figured we'd rather spend more time there than have a fancier place to stay. Where do you usually stay?

Ooo, I like the idea of displaying the ears!

We decided to buy an Uppababy Cruz. I was really worried about the price but it has everything we wanted. I figure resale should be good if we end up needing a double down the line. Which way are you leaning for the double stroller?

20. swedishfish

@MrsTal: let's see, usually my family stays at Port Orleans Riverside but we've also stayed at Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, and the Boardwalk. When I've gone with DH we've stayed at PO Riverside, Beach Club, and Wilderness Lodge. His parents are Vacation Club members. We are planning on inviting both sets of grandparents in 2017 too. Built in babysitters, haha!

I think I'm leaning toward the City Select for a double stroller. I don't love the strollers where the second seat has no view.

21. Mrs. Lion

@swedishfish: we are thinking about the same one for the same reason. It really seems like the only option!

22. swedishfish

@Mrs. Lion: I love my single City Mini but I think the double City Mini is just too wide for many aisles. I spoke to someone with a City Select and he said they love it. His cousin had a Bugaboo Donkey, I think, and sold it to get a City Select after pushing his.

23. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

@MrsTal: you are full of good ideas! I think I may have to borrow yours and plan to announce baby's gender at the shower! We could do a fun cake reveal and maybe our guests will appreciate that as well

As far as buying things, I've purchased a bunch of cloth diapers already, when I've found good deals on new or used ones. I also have a couple of other random small things like a pack of swaddleme's I found on sale while I was shopping for a friends shower and sometimes if I need to add something to my amazon order to get free shipping I tack on a smallish baby item. So far I've gotten a large wet bag, snappis, and a roll of diaper liners using that system. I have done a lot of research online for the bigger things, and may consider starting to make those bigger purchases after 14 weeks or so. I know we will want to pay for the crib, mattress, and dresser on our own at the very least, so those are things I should probably start keeping an eye out for good deals.

24. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

We will definitely find out the sex of the baby as soon as possible. I would really love a girl because then we'd have one of each and the pressure can be off for having more (if it happens it happens, but we wouldn't feel a strong need to try) and since it takes us a while to get pregnant and I'm already 31, it would be nice to not worry about that. However, I would be thrilled with another boy, too. I just want a healthy baby and sibling for Liam!

25. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: we are due date buddies and my first is a boy too! can't wait to find out what we are both having!

26. mrs. tictactoe

@cmomma17: eeee! Do you have a preference?

27. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: when I was pregnant with #1 I was dying to have a daughter, dreamed of one my whole life! Now that I've been a boy mama for 15 months, I can't imagine life with anything but boys! It's so weird! I would always be a little sad to not experience a daughter (DH is done after baby #2), but I can genuinely get excited about two sweet boys!
    How about you?

28. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@swedishfish: We got the B ready when I was pregnant with B as we were planning on having them close together. I like it because you can configure the 2 seats into a million different positions. I actually never use my stroller because I babywear all the time instead. The thought of tandem wearing sounds awful, but the thought of trying to push a stroller around and grocery shop or whatever also sounds awful hahah.

I haven't bought anything yet. I don't feel like I need much. I can't figure out if B will be ready for a toddler bed or if I should buy another crib. Our crib can be moved into a toddler bed, but it might be nice just to get a regular bed and have the babe use the crib. B will be 18 months when baby is born and the new baby will probably stay in our room the first 3 months again.. so she'll be almost 2 by the time it comes to needing a bed. I guess I"ll just see how I feel once I start nesting.

I'm still having problems getting connected with this pregnancy. Like we are so excited and blessed, I just don't feel as connected to is. Probably as there's just so much going on. I bet I will feel better once we find out the gender maybe. Any other second time mommas feel like that?

29. mrs. tictactoe

@cmomma17: same! Exactly! Except my husband is not saying he's done at 2, but who know what he will say once we have 2!!

30. Mrs. Lion

@MrsB2012: I am having a hard time too...I have been so sick and am just trying to survive...I hope once I start really feeling like I look pregnant and can feel him/her moving around it will change a bit. I think I am still nervous too, like it isn't for real.

31. swedishfish

@MrsB2012: yes, I'm having trouble connecting as well. I'll feel much better after my NT ultrasound on Tuesday I think though. I'm just abnormally worried about a miscarriage. But I'm trying to stay positive so I just ordered a customized printable from Etsy to announce this pregnancy. It'll be changed to February and I'll frame it and take R's picture with it.

32. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@swedishfish: could you please switch me to Feb 11 on the big tracker? Somehow the doctor's calculations are different than my iPhone app. Weird, right? But I'm going with the doctor's date of Feb 11. Thanks!

33. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@swedishfish: love that etsy printable. Great idea!

34. swedishfish

@marzipan: done!

February 2015 Mamas

February 3rd: LilJane (#2)
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1)
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2), Mrs. Coral (#1), Mtex14 (#1)
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2)
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2), Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1), newatthis (#1 and #2)
    February 14th: Aria (#1), AnneBird (#1)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), scg00387 (#2)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2), cmomma17 (#2)
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Loopedd (#1), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)

35. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@MrsTal: we haven't bought anything yet! Actually, we happened to find a good deal on a glider on Craigslist, so when we pick that up (tomorrow? It's so rainy here!), that'll be our first purchase for this baby. We're moving in mid-September, so I guess we'll start thinking about buying stuff then. Honestly, since we haven't had an ultrasound or even heard the heartbeat yet, it still feels a little surreal!

36. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@swedishfish: thanks so much! You are speedy!

37. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: we're in a similar boat... Kind of crossing our fingers for a girl since we already have a boy (and since we think we only want two kids), but I'm really coming around to the idea of two boys. Either way, it sounds like so much fun!

38. Kbee

kiwi / 560 posts

@swedishfish: Love that announcement!

We haven't thought at all about how we'll announce on Facebook, but probably because we won't be doing that for a while. Starting next week at 12 weeks, we're just going to tell the rest of our friends, family, and coworkers in person as we see them, then after they all know do a Facebook thing (maybe?).

I feel like it's all getting so real now! I've hardly done any research on gear, so I know I need to get on the ball with looking at what kind of stroller, crib, everything else we will need! Any stroller recommendations from the seasoned pros here?

Oh, also my bump is legit now. But the good news is, we were able to hear the heartbeat using our doppler (yay!!). It was up much higher than I thought, meaning my uterus has actually grown up out of my pelvis already, which thankfully explains some of the bump!! I have a short torso, so maybe this is why it's happening at 11 weeks for me. Anyone else have a bump??

39. Mrs. Lion

@Kbee: i have a little bit of a bump but at 9 weeks o think it is more carb bump than baby bump i really love my britax b-agile stroller!

40. swedishfish

@Kbee: I'm pretty sure I grew a baby bump overnight! DH swears he can't see it but he's either lying or clueless. I love my City Mini stroller! I'm looking to get a City Select though to have two seats.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee