Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

My anatomy scan hasn't been scheduled yet, but I'm hoping to go around Sept. 25th. We leave the 27th for a week-long vacation, and my practice told me they do the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, which I'll hit on 9/25. I guess I'll find out for sure at my next appointment on 9/4!

2. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@loopedd: funny you should mention Jimmy Dean! That was the only thing I ate during the first trimester. I started out with a bagel and cream cheese, but it took too long to toast the darn bagel, so a microwave sandwich won! I think I still have some in the freezer...I'll try that tomorrow and see if it helps. It could just be me feeling sick after not eating something for so many hours, since I'm eating around every 2-3 hours now.

3. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

4. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@swedishfish: your post made my day! so happy/relieved for you!

5. swedishfish

February 2015 Mamas

February 3rd: LilJane (#2)
    February 5th: Mrs. Detour (#1)
    February 6th: Swedishfish (#2 ), Mrs. Coral (#1), Mtex14 (#1)
    February 7th: MrsTal (#1), Autumn865 (#2), Mrs. Rabbit (#2)
    February 8th: Caitlanc (#2)
    February 9th: MrsB2012 (#2)
    February 11th: Marzipan (#2), ndepet (#1)
    February 12th: HeartAbandoned (#1), newatthis (#1 and #2), reyorra (#2)
    February 13th: TheFixIts (#2 and #3)
    February 14th: Aria (#1), AnneBird (#1)
    February 15th: Baby2Feb15 (#2)
    February 16th: Kbee (#1), Blueheron (#1), Jruess (#2), Iced Tea (#1), Callalillylove (#1)
    February 17th: Circusbee (#1)
    February 18th: GreeneB2 (#1)
    February 19th: Loopedd (#1)
    February 20th: Lone Palm (#2)
    February 23rd: Dagret (#2), maddyz (#1)
    February 24th: Mrs. Tictactoe (#2), cmomma17 (#2)
    February 25th: Sugarmammary (#1)
    February 26th: Abdubbs (#1 and #2)
    February 27th: MsMiranda (#2), Mrs. Lion (#2)
    February 28th: Beanie132 (#1)
    March 1st: Intotheocean (#2)
    March 8th: scg00387 (#2)

6. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@swedishfish: AHHHH so wonderful!!! You must be delighted. Congrats on the !!!

7. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Rabbit: Mmmm, now I want a bagel

8. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@swedishfish: EEEEEEKKKK!!!!! YAY!!!!!! So, so happy for you!!!! Congrats on your precious baby boy!!!!

9. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@swedishfish: omg that's so awesome I literally am choking back tears for you! I hope the rest of the pregnancy is nothing but smooth sailing!!

@Mrs. Rabbit: @loopedd: I'm getting addicted to Starbucks everything with cheese bagel toasted with the regular cream cheese. I need to stop. Seriously. haha

I got my ultrasound booked! Sept 23rd! I'm so excited! Can't wait to find out what the little monster is! It sucks because the techs are not allowed to say what gender it is, they send the report to your dr, and then you have to make an appt to go to your dr to get the results. I'll have a dr appt the week before the appt, so hopefully they don't mind me coming in a week later for the results. Otherwise I'd have to wait 3 weeks! I'm sure they'll get me in though.

10. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Can I just say I'm so jealous of everyone who knows when they are finding out the sex???!! I want to know SOOOOO badly! Second baby boy? A little girl? Tell me NOW!!!

11. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@MrsB2012: Everything bagel with cream cheese... that's been high in my rotation!! So satisfying!

@cmomma17: I can't wait until we all know!!

12. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

We posted on fb today with this

13. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@MrsB2012: I keep refreshing because I don't see a picture yet!

14. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

15. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@cmomma17: Weird, I tried again haha

16. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@MrsB2012: awww, there it is! SO CUTE!!! How have the reactions been so far?

17. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@MrsB2012: Adorable!! I was wondering about when everyone was going Facebook official. I'm thinking next week when I hit 14!

18. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@cmomma17: thanks, I like one of the other pics better but I let DH pick which one to use Lots of surprise as we really haven't told that many people. I feel bad for friends finding out on FB but for some reason I just feel so awkward announcing this pregnancy in person haha. It's weird.

@loopedd: Thanks, I'm just over 14 weeks now. I was going to wait until 16 but I was honestly just bored so I made the signs and then I figured I should just post now. Then I can talk about it more and hopefully get a bit more excited haha. ( I've talked about my problems feeling disconnected to this pregnancy before. ) So far with booking my ultrasound and announcing, I'm already feeling more into it!

19. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

@MrsB2012: hehe, I feel weird and awkward too! I have an appointment with my boss at 10 am tomorrow and will be telling her. I am tempted after that to just let the cat out of the bag for the rest of the world .... But I go back and forth! I'm still just 12-ish weeks!

20. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@MrsB2012: So glad you're getting more excited!! It's my first but I keep waiting for it to feel "real." Seeing him/her on the u/s is pretty amazing but when I'm walking around I'm like, "No way is there a baby in there!" Sometimes it seems like the rest of my family is more excited than I am. Maybe when I feel like I look pregnant and not just fat it'll be better

21. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

Oh, you guys inspired me to go get a bagel. It's the first thing that has sounded acceptable all day. I'm having such a hard time finding food I can eat. Still sick and had to up my prescription again! We have a couple of outings with friends this weekend, and I'm dreading the likelihood that they will eat meat and make me gag at the table. I'm so ready for the MS to leave!

In other news, we are moving out of state. So I need to figure out new insurance, find a midwife, and choose a birth facility. I'm thinking about a birthing center; I just wish it wasn't an hour and a half away from our new home.

There's a good chance we could end up paying an insurance deductible 3 times! We already paid it this year for ultrasounds and emergency visits with the pregnancy loss. If we get new insurance before the end of the year (likely; my husbands work is small and doesn't have to offer cobra), we will pay again this year, and then again in February. Ugh.

But I'm thrilled to be in the second trimester! I feel pretty safe planning for baby now.

22. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@Iced Tea: I'm in the same boat. I have a $1250 deductible this month (my insurance at my old job began aug 1), then sept 1 I will have a $4000 deductible with my new job, and then my new job's insurance changes over in either December or January. Fantastic.

23. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@dagret: ugh! Does your ob not just bill everything at the end? We wont pay a penny until february and all of the charges will go on one deductible. Or is this different because of switching insurance?

24. dagret

grapefruit / 4235 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I thought last time they didn't charge till the end but I got a $183 bill for my first appointment soooooooooo....

25. Mrs. Lion

@dagret: for my first visit its considered diagnostic and i pay a co pay. I forgot about that. All others are billed "globally" (i think thats what they called it) and lump everything together so you dont have to pay a deductible for two separate years.

26. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@MrsB2012: Cute picture!! We did something similar with a picture of our dogs.

We announced on Facebook this weekend too at 13w. I wouldn't have minded waiting longer, but my parents have been bugging me for weeks and weeks to let them tell people. Sometimes I think they're more excited than I am! But with a good NT scan and bloodwork, I figured it was safe.

27. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

Hi ladies! I'm so terribly at keeping up with this, sorry! Glad to see everyone is doing well!

Congrats on your great news @swedishfish!

So, is anyone planning their nursery yet? We're moving to a larger house on Sept 18th, and our anatomy scan is Sept 24th, so I am trying very hard to not do much planning! Even though it's our second baby, we need a small handful of items, so I'm dying to get to work at finding the best deals. It's so hard to be patient!

28. swedishfish

@marzipan: LO 1 will be moving to the bigger bedroom in a few months and LO 2 will get the same nursery. I wish the bedrooms were the same size as it would make everything easier. It's a gender neutral nursery though.

29. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@marzipan: I honestly haven't even thought about a nursery yet! I think I'm waiting to see what the gender is and if I'll need to go buy a bunch of blue stuff. I'm also waiting for my husband to come home since we're making our office into the second nursery, and I need him to move everything. I think (at least right now) I'm a lot more laid back about getting things done. I figure the baby won't be in its room until around four months, so I have a good 10 months left to work on it. With that said, for my first, I needed it done practically the day I found out I was pregnant

30. Mrs. Lion

@swedishfish: we are doing the same! We are currently in construction adding another bedroom to our house. The new room will go to lo and the baby will go in the existing nursery. It is neutral but mor boyish...If we have a girl this time I am going to add some magenta accents to make it a little more girly haha.

31. cmomma17

honeydew / 7811 posts

Good morning and happy Friday mama's! I have a meeting with my boss at 10 am and will be giving her my news then (nervous!). Then I think I'll just go ahead and come out on facebook too, even though I'm just 12 weeks. Secret keeping seems harder the second time around! Plus I'm ready for people to see that I'm pregnant, not just fat!

No nursery plans for us. We are in a two bedroom apartment, and when my stepkids come to visit, LO's room becomes their room! What we really need is a bigger place to live, but we can't afford it yet!

32. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@MrsB2012: What a precious announcement! I love it!

@cmomma17: Good luck in talking to your boss this morning!

I have lots of ideas floating in my head for a nursery, but the first step for us is replacing the old, gross carpet with hardwood floor. We're having a contractor come in the next week or so to quote the job for us. I currently have 3 secret nursery pinterest boards...one for boy, one for girl, and one for general

33. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@cmomma17: Good luck!! Let us know how it goes!

Our guest room (which is where I spend a lot of time as it's very cozy!) is becoming the nursery, so it needs a complete overhaul. It's so daunting to think about! We're decided on a unisex them (gnomes and forest animals) so really I could get started any time. I'm just not quite ready to give up my little area!

34. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@loopedd: gnomes and forest animals sounds really cute! If we have another boy, we'll just reuse our son's sheets, etc (I'm going to redecorate his room with a construction truck theme anyway), but if we have a girl... I have no clue! I'd want something feminine without bring too girly. I guess I'll wait till we know the sex to even think hard about it (especially because I'm guessing that we're having a boy again!).

35. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@marzipan: Thanks! I feel like when we find out sex I can play up different colors to make it more feminine or masculine... but DH has had a thing for gnomes forever and there is so much cute stuff on Etsy! Luckily we'll all not TOO far from knowing... but sometimes it seems like forever!

36. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@cmomma17: good luck telling your boss!

@loopedd: zomg! gnomes and forest animals?! Adorable!

I don't have any ideas for a nursery yet, waiting to find out the gender. B's nursery is sort of a European feel - Eiffel towers, tea cups, etc. With her room, MIL made all of her bedding - 2 blankets, bumper pads, a bed skirt, sheets, and curtains. I feel sort of bad because I won't use the blankets as they're much too thick for a baby. I don't use the bumper pads as I had them on but she was rolling into them and trying to cuddle with them, and I don't use the sheet as she never seems to sleep well on them. I think they're too hot or something? She loves her Aden and Anasis sheets it seems like.
    So I think this time I might just ask my mom or grandma if they'll make a crib skirt and curtains and that's it.

I'm still trying to figure out if I should buy another crib or just get B a toddler bed. That's my biggest confusion!

37. swedishfish

@MrsB2012: how many months apart will your LOs be? Mine will be 19 months. I think we will buy a cheap Ikea crib for R along with a bedroom set. I just don't see R moving to a bed yet.

38. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

I've been pinning nursery ideas for over a year, lol. Liam will stay in his room and the new baby will get our spare room. Right now it's basically just storage. We will need to get rid of a ton of stuff to make room, but I'm ok with that. Last summer, we bought an antique crib off craigslist, but I think I want to sell it and get a plain white one from Ikea. Since Liam still hasn't climbed out of his crib (though I did have a dream last night that he did and I was so casual about it), I'm hoping we can make the transition when he's closer to 3.5. Either way, a new crib doesn't bother me since we got his crib for free from our neighbor. We will use the rocker we used when Liam was a baby and we will need a dresser/changing table. We have lots of shelves already. Oh and we will need a rug and curtains/shades. Eek that's a lot to buy!! As far as colors, if it's a girl, I might not be able to resist painting the room peachy/pink. If it's a boy, I think we will paint the walls white and do pops of color in the furniture and decor.

39. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@marzipan: I started pinning nursery ideas as soon as we started TTC, and we're team green, so I've had it planned since I got my BFP. I haven't done anything about it yet, the room is still so full of crap I can't even walk around in there, but we're going to start tackling clean-up this weekend.

@cmomma17: Good luck telling your boss!

40. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@swedishfish: they'll be 18 months apart. The baby will sleep in our room for probably the first 3 months in a cradle like B did. B will be almost 2 when the baby goes into the crib so I just don't know. The crib we have is a convertible so it can change into a toddler bed which is why I might just get the second crib anyways. They can just be so expensive though! I guess if you use it for a crib, a toddler bed, and then change it into the twin bed it's not that expensive for all those years of use though.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee