Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

<3 February 2015 Mamas <3

1. immabeetoo

honeydew / 7687 posts

@loopedd: we had the mamaroo and hated it! It was so stupid

2. MrsTal

clementine / 901 posts

I love coming in here and seeing all the new updates! I try to keep up with this tread, I usually read it every couple of days I'm just terrible about responding and I hate typing on my iPad.

Love seeing all the stroller talk, even though we already purchased ours I like seeing what everyone else is going with.

I'm probably going to be switching to a midwife practice soon. I have a meet and greet with a group on Wednesday and I'm excited to see if they will work out.

Also need to post on the bump thread because I definitely have a bump now, several of my regular customers asked me when I am due.

3. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Happy Monday everyone!

My team at work now knows, as of this morning, so we are officially done with the announcing! I would get soooooo nervous every time I had to work up the nerve to tell someone, so I'm glad that now I can just sit back and let everyone else talk about it for me

... well except facebook, but I'm contemplating waiting until 20 weeks for that just because I want to.

4. mrs. tictactoe

blogger / pomegranate / 3201 posts

@swedishfish: I think we are going to get the britax b agile double. It means we have to get a different infant car seat because ours is an off brand and isn't compatible with any double strollers, but I have some items I'm selling, so hopefully that will offset the cost.

5. Mrs. Lion

blogger / grapefruit / 4836 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: i am lening towrd this one as well. What was your reasoning? For me i love the single so so much and the double will accomodate our infant seat....but im nervous about walking in the neighborhood with it since it is wide and we dont have sidewalks so i have to walk in the street.

6. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Lion: Well, the double strollers that are more stacked seem kind of uncomfortable for the older kid, plus I've read they are heavy and harder to maneuver. We do have sidewalks and this particular side by side is one of the narrowest ones. We walk to the store a lot and once I have #2, I will be walking Liam to and from preschool a couple days per week. It's kind of far for him to walk the whole way and as of now, he doesn't mind the stroller (especially if he has a snack ).

7. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I can't remember if I mentioned on here or not, but Britax as a free ride event. When you buy a stroller, you get the carseat or a second attachment for the stroller for free. I *think* they have it twice a year. They just had it in June, so that's something to watch out for!

8. mrs. tictactoe

@MrsB2012: Oh yes, I have seen this before!! I wonder how I'll know when they do it again...

ETA: I signed up for their emails. Hopefully there's not too much spam...

9. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

10. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: You could always try emailing and asking if they do it once or twice a year. They might give you some info?

@HeartAbandoned: thanks for starting the page!

11. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Circusbee: I told my coworkers this morning and it's SUCH a relief. I hate telling people, too. I would much rather just let them talk about me I think we're gonna do our Facebook reveal tonight!

Last night my mom called to announce that she is moving to NJ (from 200 miles away). This is NOT good news We do not get along and now because I am carrying her grandchild she has decided she needs to live near me. I'm super bummed about what I know will be lots of impending drama...

12. mrs. tictactoe

I have been feeling the baby move for over a week now. I thought that's what it was, but wasn't 100% sure until today. Now I definitely feel it when I'm sitting down really still. So awesome! I'm 13 weeks tomorrow. I know I started feeling flutters really early with Liam, too, but this feels more like baby movements (probably because I now know what they feel like). Anyone else?

13. Mrs. Lion

@mrs. tictactoe: i keep thinking i am bit then i convince myself it isnt. I didnt feel anything until at least 22 weeks last time, so it feels crazy early. Hopefully soon though that is so exciting! Does it make it feel more real??

14. Mrs. Lion

@loopedd: gah! That would totally stress me out im so sorry!

15. mrs. tictactoe

@Mrs. Lion: Yes, definitely. And more connected. Last night I had some candy (bad bad) and after the baby was hopping around like crazy! It was funny.

16. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I'm so jealous you're already feeling movement! Sometimes I poke my belly to see if I can make the baby move and feel something, but nothing yet!

@loopedd: Oh no! That sounds stressful! Do you think she's actually going to do it? I can't imagine just deciding one day to up and move such a big distance. Moving is such a hassle.

17. Mrs. Lion

@mrs. tictactoe: eek! I cant wait!!

18. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@loopedd: Glad you told your coworkers and you're feeling relieved about it! I totally understand not liking telling people! I feel so awkward for some reason.
    That sucks about your mom. Is it a for sure thing? That seems awfully far to move.. Ugh. I hope it ends up being OK

@mrs. tictactoe: I've felt it move a couple times, nothing regular though! So exciting as last time I didn't feel anything until super late ( 22 weeks like @Mrs. Lion: ) Darn anterior placenta last time

I had a Dr appt today, it went well. She gave me prescriptions for orthotics, support stockings and physio haha. I've been having some really bad pelvic floor pain, to the point of almost tears when I'm working so I want to try and get it under control. She said if it continues this way to let her know and she can easily write a note saying I need to shorten my shifts. I won't take her up on that any time as I need to get 600 hours in before I take my mat leave for EI. It's just nice to know that she'll help me out how she can without me having to really fight for it. We heard the heartbeat, baby was extremely squirmy, she couldn't hold the heartbeat for more then a few seconds as baby would squirm away haha. She said my ultrasound should be interesting if it's moving around this much now. When she pulled back my shirt she was like "oh wow, look right up there already" haha, I've definitely popped, especially after that reaction. I gained 4 pounds in a month! No more bagels! No more! haha

19. Mrs. Lion

@MrsB2012: i have been going to physical therapy and it was seriously life changing for my pelvic pain!

20. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@Mrs. Lion: I just called the place, they can't get me in until Nov 19th! I guess she's pretty popular haha. She said that it's just hard to get the initial appt and then after that it's usually a 3-4 week wait if you book at the time. She booked me in for my first 3 appts so I go every week. She said they have lots of cancellations so I might get in early, but with my work schedule being a rotation it kind of makes things hard. I can't believe it's such a long wait! I'll be 28 weeks when I get in lol

21. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Mrs. Lion: @Aria: @MrsB2012: Thanks guys. I am hoping that she changes her mind and doesn't go through with it (this happens a LOT!!). I'd say it's about 50/50 at this point. You can believe I will keep you posted because if it happens, some awkward conversations are going to occur...

22. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

i just chatted with my boss about telling the rest of my team next Tuesday after my birthday lunch! lol I clearly want all the attention. But that is not true at all because DH mentioned we should announce on FB the other night and I nearly lost my mind...i don't feel ready for that amount of people to know. Is that weird?

23. mrs. tictactoe

@loopedd: I hope she changes her mind!!! For your sake...

24. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I've been feeling a TON of twinges and stretching-type feelings lately... I have no clue what they are though! I keep wondering when I'll "know" it's the baby. I know he/she's moving, I saw it on the ultrasound!

@Beanie132: FB is big time... Not weird at all to be apprehensive. I'm looking forward to the relief of having it all out in the open and not compartmentalizing what I say to who knows and who doesn't... I've been so worried about slipping!

25. Circusbee

apricot / 390 posts

Wow I can't believe some of you are already feeling your babies!! That is so exciting! I have been feeling what I think is round ligament pain starting, sometimes a sharp quick shot of pain usually on the lower ride side of my pelvis/uterus and ending in my groin and sometimes a crampy/warm feeling that lasts about a minute, but it's more localized somewhere around my uterus, or maybe that's just stretching? Neither is particularly painful, just noticeable since I haven't had any cramping at all since about 6 weeks. Is anyone else having round ligament pain? What does it feel like for you?

26. Mrs. Rabbit

blogger / clementine / 750 posts

@mrs. tictactoe: I'm feeling the baby move, but only at random times. I'm itching for some kicks! Sometimes I'll definitely feel it move, so I drop everything I'm doing (unless i'm driving, of course) and put my hands there and poke a bit, trying to provoke some kicks. So far nothing, but hopefully soon?!

@Circusbee: I'm not sure if this is round ligament pain, because it feels different than from my first, but I'm having groin pain like whoa.

My daughter was sick over the weekend and I inevitably caught her cold. I'm doing okay now (just feeling totally out of it), but just ridiculously thankful my mom is in town this week, because I'm slacking around here.

Shoot. There was something else I was going to say/ask, but my pregnant/mom/sick brain just went blank. I'll be back when I figure it out.

27. Jruess

grape / 80 posts

Glad to see everyone is doing well! I always think I'm going to do better about staying involved and yet that doesn't happen.

Yay for strollers! That was one of my favorite baby items the first time. We bought the britax b ready with my DD and plan to just get the attachments for adding the infant seat/second seat. I plan to continue babywearing so I don't foresee both kiddos being in the stroller at the same time very often.

Also, congrats to everyone as they enter T2! I feel like that's such a big milestone.

@mrs. tictactoe: @Mrs. Rabbit: I've felt some flutterings as well. It's always so quick and part of me second-guesses it but I know it must be the baby.

@Circusbee: I've also had some groin pain/cramping. So weird as I don't recall having anything with my first.

Started thinking about Halloween costumes yesterday. Anyone planning to dress up their bump? I would love to do a family costume but I don't think I can get my husband on board. Plus, not sure I can make 3 costumes. Making my daughters will be a struggle I'm sure.

Had a scary moment last night. Got up from laying down and felt a warm rush. Went to bathroom and noticed a lot of blood. My sis did an ultrasound on me 2 weeks ago and noticed I had a sub chorionic hemorrhage. I'm guessing that is what's going on because it's all dark brown so far, nothing bright. Planning to call OB as soon as the office opens. I've calmed down some but still so terrifying to not know what's going on. Anyone else have any experience with this? Seems so late at 14 weeks.

28. Mrs. Lion

I had one at 13 weeks last time, except mine was bright red. I hope that's all it is! I would call and go in for an ultrasound. My ob put me on pelvic and modified bed rest until the bleeding had stopped.

29. swedishfish

GOLD / coconut / 8266 posts

@Jruess: I hope everything's ok!

30. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

@Jruess: I hope everything is ok! Please keep us posted. It must be very scary.

I *think* I felt the baby moving some a few nights ago. This is my first pregnancy, so I feel like it's SUPER early (14.5 weeks) for me to really be feeling anything, but it felt a little bit like bubbles popping in my belly, and not in my stomach. I had recently seen a friend with a newborn, and that is how she described the first movement she felt, so I'm going with it. I haven't felt much since then, but I'm definitely paying a little more attention

My DH is a youth pastor, and we're telling the youth at church tonight. After that, it won't be a secret anymore, but I don't think we'll post to FB for a little while longer. I'm anxious to start dressing my bump and not hiding it any more - it's getting harder to hide under my over-sized t-shirts!

31. mrs. tictactoe

@HeartAbandoned: I felt butterfly flutters at around 14 weeks with my first, so it's definitely possible!

32. mrs. tictactoe

@Jruess: I hope it's nothing! Keep us posted.

33. Jruess

grape / 80 posts

@Mrs. Lion: @swedishfish: @HeartAbandoned: @mrs. tictactoe: thanks ladies! I have an ultrasound scheduled in an hour and a half. Hopefully all is well and I will get some answers shortly.

@HeartAbandoned: yay for sharing the news! I hate the attention but such a relief once people know and you don't have to hide it.

34. Iced Tea

persimmon / 1310 posts

@mrs tictactoe @heartabandoned I felt the baby two nights ago (14 wks). I was lying still in bed and felt it five times! The first two times, I tried to convince myself it was too early, but I put my hand there and it kept happening! When my hand was there, it felt stronger. It was so awesome! Then I didn't sleep because I was just waiting for more movement.

Yesterday I was trying to take a nap and felt it again. My husband is very jealous; he can't wait to feel it.

I'm really psyched to be feeling baby this early. I wasn't expecting to feel anything until 20 weeks or so! I guess it's safe to say I don't have an anterior placenta.

I will try to get a photo today for the bump thread. My neighbors started noticing, so I guess I've got a good bump now.

35. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Jruess: I hope everything is okay and your ultrasound goes well!

36. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Jruess: Hope it went well! Keep us posted

@Iced Tea: That's SO cool!!

@HeartAbandoned: Have fun telling people at church tonight! I'm sure it'll be a relief not to hide the bump anymore.

We went public on Facebook last night -- it was really fun and my husband was so excited at all the Likes he got It was so nice to have our friends tell us they think we'll be great parents, too!

37. Beanie132

cherry / 102 posts

@loopedd: how far along are you...i'm really waivering on this decision about loading to FB...kinda wish I wasnt on it for this reason only lol

38. loopedd

kiwi / 536 posts

@Beanie132: 14 weeks... after our NT scan last week I feel pretty confident. I had actually seen a bunch of Feb announcements from FB friends in the last few weeks so that made me feel better too! I got antsy to do it and DH was excited for it to be out in the open since he was telling some people privately anyway. It feels good to have it all in the open. Don't make yourself crazy over it! What does your DH think?

39. mrs. tictactoe

@Beanie132: @loopedd: I think I'm going to post after out NT scan next week, too. I'll also be 14 weeks. It's kind of strange this time because so many people know. I've already told work and everything. But I feel like I need to post something so it is out there and so I can just talk freely about it without feeling awkward.

40. Jruess

grape / 80 posts

Ultrasound went great! Saw baby's heartbeat and all kinds of movement. They confirmed the subchorionic bleeding but said it's pretty small and they are not too concerned. We did add an ultrasound to our next appointment to make sure everything is fine. Thanks again for the well wishes!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee