Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013 Babies First Birthday Thread

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@shopaholic: Oooh, exciting! We expect to see pics after!

And I'm love all those dresses and the bright colors!! Makes me jealous you have a girl, haha.

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

I like the pink one with the roses!!!

3. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@blackbird: same!

4. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

Thanks ladies! I actually tried them on and think the sequined one looks the most fitting with the theme, but we'll see.

Ugh! So the news is reporting that we're getting the biggest storm in 3 years. It's already started raining on/off since yesterday. In one way, I'm glad I rented an indoor space, but now I have to transport things to/from, in the pouring rain. And there's no way to utilize the outdoor space. Ayayay! @Mrs. High Heels: You picked the right weekend!

5. Smurfette

@shopaholic: That is what your DH is for! Make him move everything in the rain. Hopefully the rain will hold off some. Hope everything goes great. Can't wait to see pictures!
    @Adira: Hope your party is great on Sunday! We want pictures!

6. Adira

@shopaholic: I'm nervous about the weather this weekend too! We're supposed to get snow!!!

@Smurfette: Thank you! I'm excited, but realized I still have so much cleaning to do! Ugh! Can someone come clean my toilets for me?

7. Smurfette

@Adira: I moved our cleaning lady back a week so she is coming the day before the party instead of the week before. I feel like a huge load has been listed. The only down side is no pre decorating till she comes.

8. Adira

@Smurfette: I wish we had a cleaning lady!!! So jealous! Although it will be rough having to wait to do any decorating! I've already started decorating at least.

9. Smurfette

@Adira: I can probably do some but anything where she would dust, etc I can't. I am going to hang streamers from the ceiling to floor on the wall behind the food table. I might be able to do that. I don't think they use a wet mop on the hardwoods.......I will have to ask DH since he is home when they are there.

10. Adira

@Smurfette: Oooh, I love the idea of the streamers behind the food table! That'll look awesome! I feel like I should do something behind our food table, but there's a window there, so I guess I'll just leave it be.

11. Smurfette

@Adira: I am going to then tape up stars all over it. I hope it turns out how I want it too.
    Hang some streamers from the top corners of the window and then put balloons there!

12. Adira

@Smurfette: Ugh, balloons... forget it, haha. I'm not decorating nearly as much as I originally intended! Oh well.

13. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@shopaholic: I hope the weather isn't too bad! Have fun at your party, can't wait for pics.

@Adira: Hope your party is great! Look forward to seeing pics if everything!

14. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@shopaholic: Hope the weather holds out for you!!
    @Adira: So excited my party isn't at home.... at least I don't have to clean my house!! Party cleaning is the worst!
    @Smurfette: What is R wearing to her party? Everytime I see the Zulily ad on the sidebar of BH with the little girl in the silver dress holding star balloons I think of R's party!

15. Smurfette

@cheert16: Haha! She is wearing a white onesie that says one in silver glitter. I got it on etsy. Then a pink tutu skirt from Carters and a silver star headband from etsy.

16. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@shopaholic: thank goodness you booked an indoor space! i can't believe how fast our weather changed in just a couple days... it's been a really fickle "winter". and i would've chosen the sequined dress based on pics - i think it'll match your theme perfectly. lil' K is gonna look so fashionable and cute on her big day!

@Smurfette: like the idea about the streamers!

@Adira: haha, i expected to do waaay more balloons and streamers than what actually happened too. i don't think anybody cared! i didn't do streamers at all, and the helium tank i got couldn't blow up as many balloons as i thought so we ran out of air and had so many balloons left over.

@Smurfette: @Adira: @shopaholic: i don't have a cleaning lady, but it's been on my to do list for months. our bathrooms are in really poor shape, and who knows how much dust we've accumulated. @shopaholic: do you have one you can recommend/refer?

17. Adira

@Mrs. High Heels: I would love to do balloons, but at this point, I don't think it's in the cards. Unless when my mom is over tomorrow helping me we get everything clean and setup super early, then I might think about balloons. Otherwise, NOPE!

18. cheert16

nectarine / 2631 posts

@Smurfette: so cute!!

19. Smurfette

@Mrs. High Heels: I bought one from Target and it says 30 balloons, it won't do that many?

20. Mrs. High Heels

@Smurfette: i got a small tank from party city that said it would blow up 30 too, but we didn't get nearly that many... maybe half that. my friend was in charge of the balloons though, so he did pop a few, but still... he didn't pop that many. i think we only got about 15, maybe even less!

21. Smurfette

@Mrs. High Heels: That stinks. Maybe I should pick up another one........

22. Adira

I think I just got complimented by the cashier at Walmart. I was printing Xander's 12 month photo, and she asked if I had the copyright for it!

23. Smurfette

@Adira:

24. Adira

@dojo: I copied you. I'm putting Xander's monthly photos on our mantle. Just not in as nice frames as your Ikea ones!

25. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

Ugh all that work and the poster didn't print well at all. I assumed too much from a free download of the chalkboard background. So anyway, I tried again (last time!) with a better editing program and got this, which actually looks better, I think. More color for @smurfette. In the process of trying to have it printed again, but this time, if it doesn't work, that will be IT. There will be no poster!

26. Smurfette

@travellingbee: What happened with you printed it? It looks so cute!! Impressed you made it!
    @Adira: Have you looked at the dollar store? They might have cute frames if you really want frames. I am hanging ours with paper clips, glued on stars) and twine over the couch. I got 4x6 ones and now I wish I got 5x7. They look a little small. Oh well!

27. travellingbee

@shopaholic: Oh my goodness about the rain!! Thank god you are inside! I am so worried about that happening to us because I am DEPENDING on it being outside. No way I can fit all those people in my HOUSE!
    @Adira: Aw, model baby!
    @Mrs. High Heels: I'm sure it looked great-- that reminds me to put helium tank on my list!!
    @Smurfette: Was that cheaper than renting one? I didn't know you could buy them...

28. travellingbee

@Smurfette: It was all blurry because the dpi wasn't set high enough based on the original file. But they let me upload it and everything and just printed it and mounted it and handed it to me like I was gonna take this blurry illegible thing!! Geesh. I got a refund and now I am trying again.

29. Smurfette

@travellingbee: I am counting on good weather too. We can't fit 40 in our living room. We need to use our deck! I think we will be ok temperature wise just really need no rain!
    The tank was $20 at Target. I have no clue how much they are to rent. But balloons are $1.50 ish at Party City for them to blow them up.
    Glad that you got a refund!!

30. Mrs. High Heels

@travellingbee: that looks SO professional - you made that?! Crossing my fingers and toes for you that it prints well this time around!

@travellingbee: Party city told me they don't rent out helium tanks anymore because of the helium shortage (?!???), so weird. Anyway, I wish I just paid them to blow it up for me - it would've been so easy!

@Smurfette: Aghh my helium tank was $39 at party city!! I didn't know they sold them at target.

31. travellingbee

@smurfette @shopaholic: Thank you. It wasn't hard to do, just time consuming.

If anyone else is feeling techno-crafty, you can try this:
    http://www.hausofgerz.com/2013/07/diy-chalkboard-poster/

32. Adira

@travellingbee: That looks great!!! I hope it prints well!!!

@Smurfette: I honestly don't even know where we have a local dollar store. But I think the frames I used look okay, so I'll just stick with them (they're just those cheap acrylic ones that don't have a boarder).

33. travellingbee

@Smurfette: @Mrs. High Heels: Helium shortage?! Um, okay.... I guess I will go to Target!! Thanks Ladies!
    @Mrs. High Heels: Thanks! Me too!

34. Smurfette

@Adira: Those are totally fine!! You could add a robot sticker or something if you feel the need to jazz them up, but I don't think you need to.
    @Mrs. High Heels: I saw how expensive they were at PC. Crazy.

35. Adira

@Smurfette: Thanks!!

Gahhhh! I can't believe the party is this weekend!!! I hope people have fun and there's enough food!

36. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Adira: Good luck for Sunday! And that was an awesome compliment!

@shopaholic: Love the sequins! Hopefully the weather report is wrong and you at least have no rain.

@Smurfette: You could buy a second tank and return if you don't need it. Better safe than sorry maybe.

@travellingbee: You did a great job on the chalkboard!

My job this weekend is to get the invitations printed and ready to mail. I have been totally slacking on pom pom making too.

37. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@Adira: Yay! Can't wait to see pics - I'm sure your monthly photo display will look awesome!

@travellingbee: That looks great!

@shopaholic: Oh my! I hope the weather isn't too crazy! Glad you have an indoor space thought!

@AprilFool: haha I wish I could send you my pom poms! I don't wish that task on anyone!!!

38. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@travellingbee: I love the chalkboard sign you made. I hope it printed good the second time.

@Adira: Saw the photo on IG and the display looks good. You will have a great party!!

39. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

Thanks everyone for the well wishes on the weather! But I doubt the reports are wrong. We woke up to a view of a "waterfall" coming off the roof this morning. lol. The gutters couldn't contain all the downpour.

OMG, I have been running errands like a mad woman in the rain with K in the Ergo! Had to go pick up the Clubhouse key from the HOA, go to Costco, and started moving things into the clubhouse since it cleared up for a bit. But of course during one part, I got drenched. Like seriously looked like a drowned cat. Glad I got some things moved in though. Going back after K's nap to try and start decorating a little bit.

@Mrs. High Heels: We have a maid, but she is kind of fickle. i.e. I'm supposed to have her come every 2 weeks, but since I am more flexible than most of her other clients (and I'm not in a rush to keep doling out $$ every 2 weeks), she ends up not calling on us. So it's been more like 1x a month (but she still charges us the bi-weekly rate). She's really reasonable though! I'll wall you her info!

Oh! And about the helium tank. It is the same one at Target and Party City. Thanks for the heads up on the count! I'll pick up a couple more tonight! When I called the party rental about renting a helium tank, it basically came out to be $1 a balloon. At Party City, they charge $0.60 per regular sized latex balloon to fill. The rental company said the price of helium has skyrocketed the past couple years. I was planning to get some of those humongous round balloons. Ummm they were like $15/pk 6 and $7.50 to FILL each! Squashed those plans!

@Adira: Props to your photog skills!

@travellingbee: Love the colors you've added! I'm sure it will look great! And still put out whatever you print! No sense in wasting it! I know about the space indoor! And DH originally wanted it in our house. I don't want to ever do it at home again. Our house looks like a tornado of blue tulle and glitter! I can't imagine cleaning tonight.

40. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@dojo: I wish you could too!! Haha

I would love to see some of these parties on Instagram. My un is alohababy1 if anyone wants to add me

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee