Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2013 Babies First Birthday Thread

1. Smurfette

GOLD / wonderful coconut / 33402 posts

@blackbird: That pan is too adorable!! I will have to hit up TJ Maxx this weekend. Did they have plain white serving dishes? All of mine are white.
    And I am so going to order that shirt! Thanks!!!

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

Birthday Bash stuff on Zulily!!! WOOT

@smurfette, they had TONS of plain white. Also lots of fun colors like silver and swurly glass ones, etc.

3. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

Hi Ladies! My DIY invitations came! I feel like they just look so plain. I was going to add some glitter on the edges, but I decided just to address and stamp everything last night and mailed them this morning. I talked to some moms and weekends are booking up fast already! One of the other mommy group LOs having their party the same day. His invited came over a week ago and from Tiny Prints - so cute. Oh well...

Also, I found these bracelets, going to put one in each little girl's favor bag.

4. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@dojo: I have to commit and order something for K to wear first! lol! But, I do plan to wear something festive, maybe in the colors. Hoping for something qith sequins so it'll kind of be "Carnaval"-like, but mommy-appropriate!

@blackbird: Went to TJ MAxx/Home Goods yesteday. Got a couple of cake stands, but I realized they are more teal than blue. Going to keep checking! Great find on the mold pan! Now I have to check Zulily!

OMG - I need to sell stuff to finance this birthday! lol!

5. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@shopaholic: No, your invites are cute!!!! Don't fret! And LOVE the bracelets!!!

6. Smurfette

@shopaholic: I think those are cute! The girls are going to loves the bracelets.
    I know what you mean about financing the party. I have spent so much money already and haven't even bought food and drinks.
    And thanks for the reminder I need a cake stand!!

7. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@shopaholic: I think they're really cute! Good job! The bracelets are great! I know what you mean - I have set out to do everything diy and on the cheap and already it's adding up and like @Smurfette: said I haven't even bought food (my mom and I were coming up with food ideas and even though we will probably get almost everything from Costco I am already seeing $$$ ) Maybe I'll go check out TJ maxx for some decor and something for me to wear!

8. Smurfette

What is everyone getting their LO for a gift? We bought the Anywhere chair today. That is all girlfriend is getting. With the party and then knowing we will spend $200+ on pictures the next weekend, Mom and Dad are broke!

9. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@Smurfette: I am giving him the rockin' tunes giraffe and little people farm that I bought while I had those fisher price coupons. So I only really spent about $30 on his gifts. I almost don't even want to open them up though because there's so many toys everywhere after christmas! My mom said she is buying Liam a slide and swing set... and while I know he will love it - I feel like our house is getting taken over by toys already!

10. Smurfette

@dojo: I know. I am asking my family to go in and get her a water table and other OUTSIDE toys.

11. dojo

persimmon / 1223 posts

@Smurfette: ooh a water table is a great idea!

12. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@silver1: that would be really cute with a prince crown! I am planning on making the cake...I just had to decide exactly what to do!

13. Smurfette

@dojo: I think my parents are getting her the Cozy Coupe and trailer for R. Which I am making an outside toy as well. She will have a blast riding around on the deck while DH and I sit and drink our beers.

14. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@dojo: What I'm going to wear is my biggest stress! I will need to find something new and shopping is not easy.

@Smurfette: LO is getting an anywhere chair and emu ladybug walkers. That's enough from us but I am hoping other people will get her some little people.

@shopaholic: Cute!! I am trying to sell stuff to pay for the party but it's not going too well. People keep buying and then dropping out. I did sell something which put some $ in my paypal account which means I can etsy now!

15. Adira

@Smurfette: Xander's getting an elephant rocker IF I meet up with Mrs. Wagon to get it from her! Otherwise his party will be his only gift from US!

My in-laws are getting him swimming gear (suit, rashguard, swim diaper) because they live on a lake so I thought that was the perfect gift from them. And I don't know what anyone else is getting, but I'll be encouraging them to get him clothes or books because we really don't need anymore toys!

16. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

@Adira: @Smurfette: @dojo: @AprilFool: Thanks ladies! It was the best I could do in one night because I had to use my Groupon. lol. I just went and picked up some party supplies I ordered and everything adds up fast! I wanted to space it out a bit - haven't decided on what to do for food yet!

@Smurfette: K got an Anywhere Chair and a Cozy Coupe for Xmas (hoping we can pick up the CC this weekend from her auntie). A water table is a GREAT idea! I don't know that we'll do a separate gift from us. This party and pictures are already stressing me out.

@AprilFool: Where are you trying to sell? eBay?

17. shopaholic

bananas / 9973 posts

Oh! You guys should check http://www.papermart.com/ for party supplies! It's the cheapest I've found for a lot of things!

18. Smurfette

@shopaholic: I almost wanted to say the party was her gift but I really wanted to get her they chair!! At least after March the spending will slow down!!
    I can't figure out what I am going to have R wear for her pictures.

19. travellingbee

hostess / papaya / 10219 posts

OMG guys- L just took 2 steps!! Wrong march thread but I was too excited to find the other one!!

20. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

Y'all... just read through this whole thread. I'm a Feb mama, but I have major party brain. It's all I do these days... plan, DIY, shop. I need to get it together.

I love to see what you guys are doing. Everyone has such great ideas!!

21. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@shopaholic: Um, can I get one of those bracelets? So cute.

22. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Adira: Did you buy the etsy crayons already? They have packs of Robot crayons at Target in the Valentine's section that are super cute!

23. Smurfette

@travellingbee: Yay!!!!! He might be our first walker!!

24. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: Forgot to say that I love your theme & invitation. Never can go wrong with pink + glitter. I can't wait to see pictures from R's party.

25. Smurfette

@photojane: Thanks I am pretty excited about it. I just it ends up looking like it does in my head. I need to get busy crafting.
    I can't wait to see S's lady bug party. It is a really cute theme!

26. travellingbee

I want this for L. We saw it tonight at target.

27. Smurfette

@travellingbee: Fun!!! Does it have lid?? I want to avoid sand, cause I don't want to clean it up. Is that bad?

28. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Smurfette: Nothing ever turns out like it does in my head. I have Pinterest expectations, but not the skills to make it happen. haha

29. travellingbee

@Smurfette: I'm not sure about the lid. I don't want sand either but they showed balls, water etc. I agree about the mess!

30. Smurfette

@photojane: me too sister!
    @travellingbee: I am sure you could just use water! My friend got a cheap kiddie pool and filled it with little rocks and her son loved it. He was 18 months so past the out everything in my mouth stage.

31. Adira

@travellingbee: Ahhh!!! Go L!!!!

@photojane: I'm a Feb Mama too!!! But I had a March due date and the March boards seem to be more hopping than the Feb one, so I stay here, so you should too!

OMG - are you serious about the crayons??? I did end up buying off Etsy!! Ahhh! Should have shopped around!

32. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@shopaholic: EBay, Gumtree (our CL) and fb groups! All over the place really.

@photojane: I am trying to scale back my pintrest expectations. Haha I don't have the $ to go full on pintrest!

33. mole

apricot / 373 posts

We're starting to get RSVPs back, which is exciting! (We are having a Feb party where I have to get a final head count to the venue 7 days in advance, so I mailed the invites early.)

For gifts, we are doing a wheely bug, an A&A dream blanket, a wooden puzzle with his name, a wooden animal push toy, and the Little People farm (that I also got super cheaply at Target a while back).

34. Mrs. High Heels

blogger / eggplant / 11551 posts

@photojane: i'm a feb mama too, but that board was pretty dead so i've been on the march one ever sinceā€¦

35. Smurfette

@Adira: I never would have thought to look at Target! Especially for robot crayons.

Maybe we need to make a new regular thread for Feb/Mar Mommy's of Toddlers! Eck!!

36. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

The April thread keeps getting revived and keeps dying, too. I think a lot of the April mamas aren't regular posters anymore. Make it a spring 2013 babies thread! Plus, she supposed to be a march baby, anyways. That counts

37. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

I second the spring baby thread idea!

38. Adira

@Smurfette: Shut your face! My baby's not a toddler!!

@blackbird: @AprilFool: Good call on the Spring thread! Once these babies hit one, we'll have to make a new thread for that!

39. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

I'm loving everyone's invites and inspiration. You all are so ahead of me. Been busy planning a baby shower for my sister.

We aren't doing invites since we are just having a few people to our house. I'm going to attempt making Cookie Monster cupcakes, I'm thinking a trial run is in order. I have a few ideas for decorations and then helium balloons.

Both our moms are flying out here, so I'll have help with anything last minute.

40. ALV91711

pomelo / 5621 posts

@blackbird: a spring thread is a great idea!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee