Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

5+4 today and still just hoping all is ok in there. Have an u/s at 7 weeks (10 days!) and just praying a healthy bub is in there.

How are you guys feeling?

2. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@jaguar: I am 5+1 today and having a little nausea. Not sure if it is all in my head or real. I don't have an appointment set up yet. I am going to try calling again next week. Wishing you a great appointment!

3. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@jaguar: I feel pretty normal. Felt like I was having some RL esque pain last night and some pinching cramps on my left side today. I so wish I was getting some kind of testing sooner than later. I probably won't have any kind of u/s until the NT scan. I might try to hear the HB on my doppler once I'm 9 weeks. That's when I found it with my son.

I feel like every time I go to the bathroom and wipe I expect to see something on the tp. I hate not knowing what's going on in there. I don't know how I'm going to make it 3 more weeks.

4. nicollette1189

cherry / 105 posts

@Phillybaby2013: that's the same feeling I have. Expecting the worst every time!!!

5. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

Anyone else having issues with insomnia? I always have but the past 2 weeks have been worse than usual. Either not falling asleep til 1am or waking up at 3am. Ugh, so tired! Have only had a few days of nausea but with DD the morning sickness didn't start til about 6 weeks. I'm dreading feeling like crap again but it will give me some peace of mind to have some symptoms!

6. sapphire

nectarine / 2173 posts

Agree with all of you, it's hard not knowing what's going in in there! But unless there's any bleeding, it's very unlikely that there is any problem!
    The fatigue is starting to hit me and I'm having on/off abdominal pain. It does feel weird to want morning sickness, but it would make me feel a little reassured

7. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

Happy and healthy nine months from another March '14 mom! (Perfect timing for any educators )

8. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@BeachMama: Yep, I hear the insomnia. For me, it's more just not sleeping *well*. I wake up frequently (most of the time already having to pee, ugh) and struggle to get back to sleep, very unusual for me. Of course, I can nap all afternoon (fatigue still), just not at night.

At 5w today, it's mainly uncomfortable bloat, occasional nausea from the supersniffer I seem to have acquired, waxing/waning sore boobs, and cramps from both uterus and GI. The cramps make me nervous, but no bleeding so far. Totally know what you all mean by constantly expecting the worst, I feel like I'm just waiting for a problem, I'm scared to get too attached and happy about this. I hope that abates a bit with my first OB visit.

9. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@drjolene: You described my symptoms to a "t." I was cutting up perfectly fine strawberries and they smelled foul. As for the cramping, that is supposed to be totally normal because your uterus is stretching. The only issue is when there is bright red bleeding (and even that isn't a guaranteed problem.) My sister had bright red bleeding, nearly gushing when she was early on and she was convinced she miscarried but it turned out to be a ruptured cyst. She is now 30 weeks along. I know it's hard to not be freaked out, I am nervous too considering that I had a CP earlier this year but 80% of pregnancies go to full term...those are great odds!

10. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@HazelEyes: That's for sure! I am hoping to take the next fall semester off, too.

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone check out the gender of their baby according to the Chinese Gender Chart? There are tons online but this one tells me I am having a girl.

http://content.thebump.com/sitelets/chinese-gender-chart/

12. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@simplyfelicity - the chinese chart says I'm having a girl ,but it was wrong for DD so I'm not putting much faith in it! Another girl would be easier, but I'd love for my husband and my father to have a little boy!

Last night was another night of being up til 1am. I love my DH for getting up with DD on the weekends to let me sleep in!

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@BeachMama: What a sweet DH! This will be #1 for us and my DH keeps insisting I take naps, take it easy etc. Not taking advantage of it now because I know I will later. We, too, would like one of each and be done but we will be happy with whatever happens.

14. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

Still not many symptoms here. My boobs are bigger... that's about it. Though i realized i didn't have any symptoms from metformin which most people get a lot of symptoms from AND i didn't get any symptoms at all from clomid which also gives others' side effects. I also never really feel sick or take other meds (like tylonol, cold meds, etc). So maybe i'm just an asymptomatic person in general....

My chinese gender chart said boy! We'll see

I told my parents on wednesday. They, and my sister, were in town for my grandma's funeral, and that is not necessarily the best timing but we're rarely in the same place at the same time, so I told them i had a "housewarming gift" (they moved a couple months ago and i haven't seen them) and i wrapped onesie for them. They were soo cute when they opened it. My dad was balling and mom was shocked and kept clutching the onesie to her. She said that it had been a really sad week for them and they needed some good news and were thankful to have something to celebrate.

And yesterday, on the 4th, we told my in-laws. My MIL's birthday is the 4th and she always hosts a big family reunion at her house with 30+ people. We did her birthday gifts before the group showed up but didn't want to give them the wrapped onesie yet since it would be hard to keep it a secret, so we waited until after the fireworks and everyone except SIL and a really close Aunt and Uncle left and told them we forgot a gift in the car and gave it to her. They were shocked as well and the first thing my MIL said was "go open the safe" and i was really confused but apparently about 3 years ago (not long after we got married) they took bets on when we would have a baby and wrote them down, signed them, and locked them in the safe. All of them were either 2012 or 2013 (they wanted us to have one a while ago obviously) except for ONE which was MARCH 2015!!! hahah!! obviously he won (my uncle in law who we're really close to).

Overall it was really fun telling them!! made it feel a little more real since i'm not having symptoms sometimes I forget

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@LaughLines: Oh, I love this! I am so glad they were over the moon happy. I blurted it out to my mom but she is keeping it from my dad (hopefully) until we get the perfect opportunity. I wouldn't have told my mom but she was having an awful day and it slipped out. I bought grandparent books for my parents and my MIL, so we will probably have dinner with them sometime after we see the HB and give them the books. My sis and her husband knows, too, but that is about it!

16. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@simplyfelicity: When do you get to see the HB? Our first appt is 7/18. Since we've already told the parents/siblings, we probably won't tell anyone else until 12w (or try not to at least... a couple weddings during that time may make it hard to hide that i'm not drinking).

17. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@LaughLines: Most likely, you will get to see the heart beat at your first appointment. That will be super exciting! I don't have my first appointment scheduled yet but I am going to call on Monday to hopefully set something up this time. I am honestly not sure if we will be able to make it until we see the heart beat... I would just love to show them a picture of the little gummy bear at the same time.

18. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

We also told my parents yesterday. After DD woke from her nap we put her in a Big Sister shirt and had her walk into my mom's office. My mom looked at her shirt and said "Really?!" and was super happy. Then my dad came in and it took him a minute to get it. He just looked at me shocked, then gave me a big hug, choked up and said "Thank you!"

We tried face timing my in-laws yesterday but they didn't answer. We'll try again today, or maybe tomorrow since it's MIL's birthday.

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@BeachMama: Oh my gosh, she is adorable!

20. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@BeachMama: she is so beautiful.

Congrats to all the march mommies to be

21. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@BeachMama: What a cutie!!

We haven't told the families yet, only a few very close friends. I have one person who I've told at work so I have someone to help cover me. Our plan right now is to tell the families and my boss after the first appointment, hoping that we get to see or hear the heartbeat there.
    We're going to tell DH's son (10 y/o) when we tell the other family (privately first, though). We've talked with him quite a bit about having a little sibling someday and he seems comfortable and excited, but he's still the one I'm the most worried about. He lives with DH's ex primarily, but he's very close with DH, I'm worried about jealousy issues.

DH suggested going out to look at nursery colors yesterday...came home with cans of paint! LOL Totally unintentional, but they had a sale!

22. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@drjolene: Ooooo...what color?

I know I sound totally nuts but I kind of wish I had more symptoms...even morning sickness. I feel less tired the last couple of days than I have been. Hoping symptoms just naturally ebb and flow.

23. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@BeachMama: so cute!
    @simplyfelicity: I really don't have any symptoms either aside from fatigue. And I mostly contribute that to the cold I have, so you are not alone. I didn't have many symptoms with Q either though, so trying not to worry.

As for telling people, I have a big mouth, so I've told several people already. Both of our families, a few co-workers, and a handful of friends.

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@LAZB: Thanks, that makes me feel better. I am sure you don't have a big mouth...you are just excited and rightfully so!

ETA: I hope you feel better soon!

25. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@simplyfelicity: thanks it stinks having a cold on vacation, but at least I can relax and take it easy!

26. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@LAZB: same boat over here. I've had a horrible cold for going on 2 weeks. Sucks when you can't take anything either.

Seems like most of us are pretty symptom free at this point which does make me feel better. It just makes me nervous that I was so nauseous, tired and bloated for like a week and then it just went away. I know they say each pregnancy can be different but I was consistently sick for like 5 months with my son and that's all I know about having a successful pregnancy.

This whole thing is such mind games!! And has time officially stopped moving? Bc that's what it feels like over here.

27. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

I'm glad i'm not the only one in the symptom-less boat! when we told my in-laws my MIL was going on and on about how sick she was with her kids and how lucky i was that i'm not yet. It's kind of hard to explain to people why i don't feel so lucky to not feel sick!

I was getting light headed today, but that's not totally unusual for me... i guess the symptom spotting doesn't stop after the TWW!

@DRJOLENE: we bought paint today, too, big sale at Sherwin Williams - but it was for our kitchen/living room, not the nursery. We just happen to be in the middle of a full house reno.. nothing like adding another project to the list What color did you go with?

28. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Alright I am nervously joining you. Spotting has slowed and my temp is still up on what is probably 12/13DPO

I am so excited to be on a board with so many awesome ladies!

EDD: March 17! ST Paddy's day Clover!

How far along: Should be 4 weeks tomorrow

First child? No. I have a gorgeous son who is 22 months old today. He is the light of my life.

First doctor appointment: I am going to call today.

Any symptoms so far? This pregnancy is very different than my son. A lot more spotting. With him i only had one spot of Implantation bleeding. Right now its slowed though and its much lighter. I am also having a lot of twinges and some high up in the tummy cramping. A lot of gas. Praying that this sweet baby sticks

Who have you told? My husband, HB, My sister, My parents and we will tell my husbands parents tonight. I want a lot of support no matter what. Nothing public though.

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

March Mommas 
    March 1:
    March 2: Jaguar, PinkB, PhillyBaby2013
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 6:
    March 7: drjolene
    March 8:
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189, Sapphire
    March 11:
    March 12:
    March 13:
    March 14:
    March 15:
    March 16:
    March 17: ninja, MrsMcCarthy
    March 18:
    March 19:
    March 20:
    March 21:
    March 22:
    March 23:
    March 24:
    March 25:
    March 26:
    March 27:
    March 28:
    March 29:
    March 30:
    March 31:

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Yay!

31. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@MrsMccarthy: congrats and welcome, lady! Fingers crossed for a sticky bean!

32. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: @Phillybaby2013: thank you for welcoming me. Here is my 3rd morning u test! Feeling like this baby might be here to stay

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: No denying that! I kind of wish I could trade in my 16 unused digital opks for one of those.

34. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Super stoked that I made my first prenatal appointment! It's exactly a month from now and that feels like forever away, but feels good to have that set in stone!

35. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@simplyfelicity: @LaughLines: The beige is the main color, the white will be a wide stripe at chair rail level. The red, yellow, and green are the colors I plan to use for decor, blankets, etc.

Boy the nausea is hitting pretty hard today...got a long way to go!

36. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: you could still take one! Congrats on the appointment.

@drjolene: nice colors! Sorry about the nausea

For those who had cramping or still hacenit waat it is like? I have been having twinges of n and off in different areas but I am having more persistant cramping in the lower and mid abdominal region. I'm getting a beta tomorrow and Thursday to make sure everything is okay. I'm also having little to no discharge. Spotting has stopped and tests are still positive.

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: My cramping has lessened but when I was about where you are, it was pretty intense. I think it might be your uterus stretching.
    @drjolene: Love the color combo and sorry for the nausea. Mine has been light and on and off but I am not sure if it is all in my head.

38. LaughLines

clementine / 880 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Congrats! praying for lots of stickiness for you and the whole board! I've never used that brand of test, does the "1-2" mean anything?

@DRJOLENE: that will be so beautiful! Nursery's are so fun to see - always so full of love!

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: thanks! Mine moves around but I find the cramping in my lower left side and abdomen most concerning. It could be gas though.

@LaughLines: its stands for 1-2 weeks past ovulation

40. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsMccarthy: OMG!!! Are we month twins? I am so flipping excited! xxxx

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee