Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2015 Mamas!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Also, how is everyone feeling? I have had very slight nausea and feeling like nothing to eat sounds good for the past few days. And it is just hitting me a lot more today! In fact, in the middle of this post, I started dry heaving.

2. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LulaBee: Hooray! welcome DD twin! I am very sorry you had a loss but so happy that you are here. I am 4 weeks and 2 days today. Very excited! Did you deliver your daughter late or early?

@simplyfelicity: Aww baby is so cute! I have seen a decline in my cramping. it kind of comes and goes. Makes me a bit nervous but my spotting is completely gone and all i have is CCM so i feel very encouraged by that. We do my second blood draw today. Pray for me that it doubles.

3. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@MrsMccarthy: I ended up getting induced at 40w4d and then ended up with a C-section. Very much hoping for a VBAC this time around. What about you?

4. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LulaBee: wow we really are twins! I was induced at 40 weeks 5 days but I didn't require a c section. It sucks to go late!!!!

5. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Looking forward to hearing your results but it already sounds like everything is blissfully normal. I am still getting cramps here and there, too.

6. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

Welcome new March Mommies! Looks like there will be quite a big group of us.

@simplyfelicity: that picture made me so happy just now. So small but you can still see a semblance of a beautiful baby. I am still in awe of pregnancy. Coolest. Thing. Ever.

I've been pretty sleepy, had some moments of nausea and god awful smells and my boobs have been sore for the last few days. Yay for symptoms! Haha. Now if I can just get completely rid of this cold I'd be alright. Oh and I'm sooo hungry! I recently lost 30 lbs and am having a really hard time sticking to some kind of an eating plan. I really don't want to gain it all back with this pregnancy.

I'm going away with hubby for the weekend to a car show and am praying that MS doesnt decide to come full force when I'm out walking all day in the July heat. Yuck.

7. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@LulaBee: I'm hoping to be a Vbac Momma too. Are you planning to do anything special to make your chances better? I've already changed providers to a more vbac friendly Dr. I really hope it works out.

8. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@Phillybaby2013: I switched providers when I got pregnant in March.. my midwife says I'm an ideal candidate (I was induced late, not due to major health reasons, I'm healthy...). I plan on continuing to run 4x a week, eat healthy, not gain 55# (!!) again, and just believe that it will happen. Good luck to you! Does your new provider have a high VBAC rate? Mine is the only office in town that routinely does them, so I know I'm in the right spot.

9. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@LulaBee: I've heard that the hospital I will be at has something like 70% success rate so I thought that was good. The practice is 2 younger women. My sister is a NP in women's health and worked with both them and recommended them to me. I was induced for semi-high BP. I should have fought it bc I have white coat hypertension and knew I was really worked up but I went along. I was shooting for a med free birth originally but ended up with every intervention under the sun. It was really a bad experience which still bothers me. I'll have to come to terms with it if I'm unsuccessful but I'll stay optimistic unless something comes up before then that it's not recommended.

10. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@Phillybaby2013: it sounds like you had a traumatic birth... I am in the same boat- was hoping for med free, intervention free birth, and ended up with an induction/C-section where my scar took 8 weeks to close up. It was bad, and I had to go to therapy.

I'll be rooting for you... in about 8 months

11. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Phillybaby2013: @LulaBee: wishing you both vbac success! It sounds like you are in good hands to get the best chances. My induction was cervidril only, no pintocin but I'm not sure if they gave that to me after I had my epi. In any case I was hoping for intervention free as well but I think the epi helped me relax enough to dilate so although I plan to see how it goes I am VERY open to another epi. Hoping I can avoid induction or pitocin this time though. We shall see!

I would also like to avoid my 50lb weight gain! Aiming for 30-35. We shall see.

I'm only 4 weeks 1 day but I'm having these adrenaline bursts! I'm not sure if that's a thing but its so odd! I get bouts of high energy and it almost worries me I feel so good, then ill get very mild twinges which makes me feel better. Ugh I hate this early part when everything is so nerve wracking!

12. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

Here is my test! Still in a state of shock, I think.

13. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LulaBee: wow! That's a nice dark test! Darker than mine! Looking good!!!

14. pinkb

pear / 1599 posts

@LIL BEAN: @LulaBee: Yay Welcome and congrats!!
    @MrsMccarthy: Hope your numbers are good! These early weeks are so nerve wracking.

15. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@LulaBee: yay, congrats!!

16. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Any update on your betas?

17. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: thank you for asking sweetie! Still waiting on results. Had labs about 2 hours ago so they might not have them for me till tomorrow.

UPDATE: no results in yet. They will check in the morning and call me back.

18. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Grrrrrrr, hate waiting for tests.

3 more sleeps to go! Praying that little bean is in there, sticking away.

19. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@jaguar: praying for you as well!! I have a beey good feeling tou will get good news! How are you doing with the pee sticks? I have a compulsion to keep peeing on them so I know I'm still pregnant! Waiting for the ultrasound is my next nervous feat.

20. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

Yeah - my first time being pregnant and I feel like I can't enjoy it cuz I don't want to get my hopes up. Then I think I need to stay positive. Then I worry. Then DH and I get excited. Then I worry. I was nauseous yesterday, but not as much today. Is everything ok? Arrrrrrgggghhhhhh!
    Tell me it stops at some point! And if so, ......When?
    After an ultrasound? Once u can feel it moving?

Also, sorry for the newbie question, but what is a vbac?

@Phillybaby2013: I'm also pretty damn hungry! Wondered if it was in my head or perhaps stress-eating? At least I was craving an awesome salad to eat...

21. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@LIL BEAN: VBAC stands for Vaginal Birth After Cesarean.
    As far as being nervous goes, just remember that most women with a dearly wanted pregnancy have been nervous. That makes me feel better to know I am not alone. Also, 80% of pregnancies result in a successful birth. That is amazing odds! Imagine if lottery chances were that great! We wouldn't work, we would just buy tickets.

From a personal standpoint, for the short time I was pregnant in April, I was so scared and so nervous that I didn't enjoy it. I wouldn't stop testing, googling stuff, etc. I have had a lot of time to think about it since and I believe that every pregnancy deserves hope. There is no reason not to hope and have faith. All you can do is enjoy this-- no matter what it is a blessing and a privilege.

Every time you get scared, just remember that you ARE pregnant today.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

22. BeachMama

pear / 1946 posts

@phillybaby2013: and @lulabee: I'm thinking about trying for a vbac this time.

I think the nausea has finally come to town for me. Today after work I felt like I'd gotten hit by a truck and just wanted to lay down. Right before dinner I felt like I couldn't stomach anything. I've also got a bad taste in my mouth and increased saliva (TMI). The saliva thing was actually one of the worst parts about pregnancy #1 because it made the nausea worse. I'm gonna get some Sea Bands to see if it helps!

23. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@simplyfelicity: thank you! That DOES help. I have no plans this weekend, except celebrating with friends, so I'm going to try to relax and enjoy and have faith in the universe. It's taken care of me this far! I'll keep sending warm fuzzy thoughts for a sticky bean...

24. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Fingers crossed about your betas! Hope you hear back soon!!

25. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

Oh! Something weird that happened right after I POAS yesterday morning- my egg for breakfast AND my husband's egg were both double yolks! How random is that? I would probably pass out if I found out we were having twins...

26. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@LulaBee: it's a sign! Haha!

27. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: Beautifully put!

@Adira: Thanks you hon. I should hear back in a few hours hopefully.

@LulaBee: Whoa! Twins! Do they run in your family? Your side not his.

@BeachMama: Sorry that you are sick but im sure in some respects its reassuring!

28. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@MrsMccarthy: No, they don't. So I think I'm safe.

29. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@LulaBee: Ya never know! heheheh

30. limabeanbabies

olive / 57 posts

Hello! I'm super new to the boards here, but we just got our BFP, so I'm jumping in!

EDD: March 16, 2014

How far along: 4 weeks 4 days

First child? Nope, DD 04/11/13. Her due date was April 16, so it's kind of fun that this baby's is 1 year and 11 months later.

First doctor appointment: Already went in for a urine test--faint but positive! That was kind of nerve-wracking! With my first, they did the confirmation in the lab then came out to tell me the good news. This time, I watched the whole thing. She was hemming and hawing over whether it was negative or positive until the very end, then signed a paper and off I went! Stressful!

Next appointment will be between 8 to 12 weeks.

Any symptoms so far? Exhausted, sore boobs, peeing nonstop, starving then lack of appetite (hoping the starving sticks around a little longer ), grumpy, bloated, can't sleep on my right side (just like last time). So not looking forward to any morning sickness. I didn't get it until 6 weeks with LO1, but here's to hoping it will be better this time!

Who have you told? Just the hubs, DD, and insurance. It has been hard not to tell others! Also, my 15-month-old has been continuously asking to put her doll in her shirt ever since I told her I have a baby in my tummy! Sooo adorable!

I'm happy to be here with you other mamas! Here's to sticky, healthy babies!

31. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@limabeanbabies: welcome and congrats!!!!!

Got my results in and they are in the high 500s!!! So all is well and we are having a baby!!! First Ultrasound is scheduled for July 30th at 8am!!!

32. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

The nausea and bloating are increasing and making for some rough days, but I keep reminding myself that each day is another day pregnant.

Anyone had any food aversions or cravings so far? I've had cravings for salted cucumbers and seafood big time, and anything salty! But I can't stand the smell of fresh coffee or chicken cooking.

33. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@MrsMccarthy: YAY!! Congrats on the good numbers!!

34. LulaBee

pear / 1837 posts

@limabeanbabies: welcome!!

@MrsMccarthy: Woohoo! I need to schedule my first ultrasound..

35. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

1 DAY AGO REPLY FLAG
    March Mommas
    March 1:
    March 2: Jaguar, PinkB, PhillyBaby2013
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 6:
    March 7: drjolene
    March 8:
    March 9: BeachMama
    March 10: Nicollete1189, Sapphire
    March 11:
    March 12: LIL BEAN
    March 13:
    March 14:
    March 15:
    March 16: limabeanbabies
    March 17: ninja, MrsMcCarthy, LulaBee
    March 18:
    March 19:
    March 20:
    March 21:
    March 22:
    March 23:
    March 24:
    March 25:
    March 26:
    March 27:
    March 28:
    March 29:
    March 30:
    March 31:

Appointments:

Jaguar: 7/15 U/S
    MrsMccarthy: 7/30 U/S

Add your appointments ladies!

36. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@limabeanbabies: Welcome! And congrats!

@MrsMccarthy: yay! Such great news! I can feel your relief thru the ol' interwebs!

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@limabeanbabies: Welcome and Congratulations!

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: YAY! I am super stoked for you.

39. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

March Mommas
    March 1:
    March 2: Jaguar, PinkB, PhillyBaby2013
    March 3: Laughlines
    March 4: LAZB
    March 5: simplyfelicity
    March 6:
    March 7: drjolene
    March 8:
    March 9: BeachMama