Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 moms!

1. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@anonysquire: I don't know how much you love or are committed to this place but IMO it sounds like they're not doing their due diligence as your prenatal care providers.
    If I was measuring four weeks behind and knew all my dates (because seriously how could anyone mistakenly calculate four weeks off?!?), I would expect my midwife/OB to advocate for me to get a diagnostic ultrasound.
    It's mind boggling to me that they appear to brush this off. I know your heart is set on a birth center, I as well go to a birthing center and love the midwife model of care... however, is there another one you could get a second opinion??

2. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: That's really odd, I'm sorry you're going through this stress. It works different here, we go to an ultrasound at the hospital, the tech isn't allowed to give any information, then at our next appointment, the dr will go over the results. So did the tech just tell you that you were measuring 4 weeks behind and that's it? Did you talk to your Dr/midwife after your appointment? Surely they will do some sort of followup without just adjusting the dates? Here they won't adjust your due date based on the 20 week ultrasound. (I'm sure that's what the tech told me, he mentioned that I was measuring a week ahead, but that they wouldn't adjust my dates based on that.)
    I hope you get some answers soon.

My follow up ultrasound was today. Last time baby was face down the entire time so they couldn't get clear pictures of the face. Again today the baby was facedown, I had to stay on my side for the whole appointment so she could get the pictures. She said she got what she needed, but baby was face down the whole time.

3. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Mrs. Pen: well I had Zuma and Pi at this same birthing center. I mean obviously if I need to I will give birth somewhere else. The babies health is more important than that. This is all so weird to me!!!

@MrsB2012: so I don't know if he's actually a radiologist or what. He comes independently to the birthing center and does ultrasounds and give you the results while there and then he goes on to the next place. But my midwife did say she was going to wait for the sono report on Wednesday to see what the discrepancy is about.

Here's what I'm worried about, if the baby is measuring 4 weeks behind (and this is my 3rd March baby, I kind of know by now the conception dates and positive pregnancy test dates and how far along I am), then is there something wrong with the baby? Because I'm not 4 weeks off. Sorry, I didn't get pregnant 3 weeks after the positive pregnancy test. I think I will find an OB office who would be willing to give me a second opinion ultrasound. For peace of freaking mind. Also another point that I have no idea if this matters or not, with both previous pregnancies I would come to the birthing center with a due date and they would push me back 2 weeks due to ultrasound, and then baby would measure behind 2 weeks but they didn't change dates because of the ultrasounds. So that would mean both previous babies also measured 2-4 weeks behind right? And then I ended up having my 1st at 38 weeks (or my original due date) and had my 2nd at 37 weeks (a week early from my original due date). So what the hell is so off with all these dates or my body is making tiny babies or what is going on? I'm so confused. And feeling defeated honestly. I've had so many negative feelings about this pregnancy and it's only getting worse.

4. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Omg novel.
    Sorry!!!!

5. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@MrsB2012: so we're they not able to get face pics again? Or could they get them from the side? Does it mean anything that baby likes to be face down?

6. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

I guess I'll post the only pic I took. Atleast I know baby has a face!!! Didn't peak at gender.

7. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@anonysquire: That seems SO off. Definitely advocate for yourself to your midwife and request additional diagnostic screening - if baby was measuring 11 weeks at 11 weeks, and is measuring 20 weeks at 24 weeks, someone should at least be explaining the discrepancy to you. Maybe try to go back to the place you got the 11 week ultrasound done and see what they say?

My only other thought: is there a reason they waited until 24 weeks to do your anatomy scan? My doctor will generally only do them between 18 and 22 weeks since it's harder to measure/predict certain things after that period. I wonder if they just assumed you were at 20 weeks for this ultrasound, since that's usually when they do them?

8. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@raspberries: That's a good question, too. Unless it was a purely a scheduling thing @anonysquire: I would really wonder if they even believed you about your original dates.

9. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@raspberries: I made an appt for 22 weeks but my kids were sick so we had to cancel. So this was the next time I could get in.

10. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@daniellemybelle: ya, it's annoying that I'm not being believed frustrating.

11. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@anonysquire: I hope they figure it out asap for you! How frustrating! Baby looks beautiful though

12. oskarsmommy

kiwi / 625 posts

@anonysquire: did the tech say your were measuring "20 weeks", or "4 weeks behind" ?

It seems like the more you explain the more this could just be a discrepancy of dates (fingers crossed)

Did the birth center already kick out your due date 2 weeks?

Hope you get some answers soon!

13. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@lilyann: thanks

@oskarsmommy: measuring 20 weeks. They haven't moved the due date prior to this.

14. daniellemybelle

cantaloupe / 6669 posts

@anonysquire: Well, at least the anatomy scan timing was more of a scheduling thing.

I would want to know where on the growth curve your LO is. Because maybe he/she is still in the range of normal for your due date, but just dropped percentages? Or maybe the ultrasound you got at 11 weeks wasn't measuring right on. Or this guy could have measured incorrectly as well. I've heard of U/S measurements being way off. Overall, it seems like there could be several reasonable explanations... but just changing your due date to one you know is inaccurate based on your positive pregnancy test seems the least reasonable.

Have you called them back and asked for clarification?

15. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@daniellemybelle: I had net gained 6 pounds at my last appointment, but I also lost 10 pounds my first tri, so I really lost 10 then gained 16. I'm certain I've gained way more this month. I feel gigantic.

Is anyone else still sick?? I swear, I'm so tired of this damn nausea. And every time I eat chocolate, I throw up. It sucks.

16. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@anonysquire: were you able to get in somewhere else?

17. Mrs. Pen

@LovelyPlum: certain things are definitely still nausea triggers for me! I threw up the other day when my husband tried to get me to drink green juice 😂 Certain food make me nauseous still.
    Thankfully it's not everyday!

18. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Mrs. Pen: funny, green juice goes down well for me. Fatty foods and chocolate do not, on the other hand. This baby is going to come out a bagel with how many of those I've eaten. It's the only thing that reliably stays down and fills me up.

19. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@daniellemybelle: @LovelyPlum: sorry! I had a migraine yesterday and was kind of offline. The midwife called me back and said were not going to change any dates right now. And that I will go for more frequent ultrasounds but baby looks healthy, just small. They want to rule out iugr.

20. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@LovelyPlum: I haven't had nausea since 14 weeks I am 23 now. But I have such terrible heartburn I cough super hard all the time! Which has caused me to throw up quite a few times! It's so frustrating. I asked doc and he said really nothing they can do to help 😔... oh well. I just say this kid better have the best head of hair!

21. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Weswife: Zantac is awesome for helping with heartburn - if I don't take it once a day, I get acid reflux bad enough to puke too. And not to be a complete downer, but I had heartburn just as bad with DS1 and he was bald as an egg until 10 months, hahaha. If this little guy DOES have hair when he comes out, I'll feel at least a little vindicated for the heartburn!

22. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

Hope you ladies are doing well and that the nausea subsides completely! I have not had any for a month or so but am starting to get heart burn in my sleep, blah.

I have my 22 week appointment today, hoping to get a good look at baby and see if my placenta has moved at all. I had partial previa at my appointment 2 weeks ago and have been on pelvic rest ever since

23. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lilyann: Fingers crossed that you have a good appointment today!

24. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@raspberries: I tried Zantac and it actually did nothing! I found spreading out tums throughout the day works better. Obviously I still have heartburn all day.. but Zantac sadly did nothing 😔.

@lilyann: please let us know what happens! Hoping for good news

25. lilyann

nectarine / 2878 posts

@raspberries: @Weswife: Baby was being a little gymnast! Transverse with both legs over its head 😂 She didn't even bother looking at the placenta, said it probably has not moved. It's fine because I have another scan at the high risk doc in Dec to check on it.

26. Mrs. Pen

Anyone else keeping any eye out for baby gear deals this week??!
    I'm hoping to snag a car seat... I did just buy the rock n play! It was $40 on Amazon yesterday and that's the cheapest I've ever seen.

27. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@Mrs. Pen: oh man, I have way too much gear already. I can't get rid of stuff. I did just buy 6 pairs of teeny newborn moccasins. You know, essentials.

28. Mrs. Pen

@anonysquire: we got rid of nearly everything because my son is already 4.5. By the time he was 3-3.5, we just couldn't keep accumulating it. I sold most of his clothes, gave the rest away to family and donated a lot of our baby stuff to a local mom in need.
    I have a crib and mattress still and that's it. So I'm starting over from scratch.

29. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: we are trying to wait till our three baby showers! Ekk hopefully we don't have to buy too much! But ordered his rug today 😀

30. Mrs. Pen

@Weswife: we still had to buy a lot of big ticket items- car seat, crib and mattress, any decor stuff, dresser/organizers, etc. also stuff that people don't think is fun to buy like pumping parts, nursing bras and pumping bras, bottles...

And since we had a boy the first time - we still had a lot of baby boy clothes to buy and ended up getting a few large lots off Craigslist.

And since this is my second - I'm sure I won't have a shower to count on lol

But we waited until after our showers too, to assess what we really needed.

31. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

Showers. Those are the best!!!! I wish I had one with my second. I kind of want to do a sprinkle after this baby is born. And say "no gifts" on the invite, but just to celebrate the baby. Maybe that's weird. Idk

32. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@anonysquire: not weird! you want to have a get together

33. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@Mrs. Pen: so far we already have a carseat (we got it a 100 off on the carseat amazon day!), my parents are getting us our crib and mattress, my in laws are buying the big stroller. We are also have so many guests I am hoping they will go in together on the big ticket items. But we shall see.

34. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

I have to share: this week we tackled potty training for my 2 year old!!! She was a natural, which makes me kind of kick myself for not trying earlier haha. She had 2 accidents the first day and has stayed dry night and day since. So we will only have 2 in diapers instead of 3 unless I can figure out how to potty train Pirate before March. Maybe a couple of months watching Zu go potty will help motivate him. But probably not lol!

35. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@lilyann: Aww, how cute! Let us know how your next appt in Dec goes!

@Mrs. Pen: I'm definitely keeping an eye out for deals this week! I've been going back and forth on whether we should get a double stroller (I'm planning to do a lot of baby wearing, so maybe it's not necessary?) but if there's a good enough deal, I'm going to jump on it!

Speaking of which, I have just been feeling like I have NO energy lately - I've been planning to clean out the guest bedroom to get it ready for DS1 to move into, but I'm so exhausted after work that nothing happens. I ended up taking two 1.5 hour naps on Sunday - it's like I can never get caught up.

36. Weswife

apricot / 458 posts

@raspberries: I am exhausted too!!! And so uncomfortable! My feet are starting to disappear.

37. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: that's awesome! I think I can say my 3 year old is officially fully trained. She's been daytime trained for a year or so, but was still wearing a diaper at night. I wasn't sure how to tackle night time training. She will go through phases where her diaper is dry and night, and sometimes not. She's been wearing just panties to bed for a few weeks with no accidents, so I think we're good.
    I've been considering trying to train my youngest, she will be 2 in January. I think she's ready, so I really should just try, it would be so nice only having a baby in diapers! Though secretly I love how easy diapers are... no running to find a bathroom while in the middle of the lineup at costco haha..

38. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@raspberries: I can't remember if this is your first or second? We got a double stroller when I was pregnant with my first as I knew we would have more kids right away. So I've had it for probably 3 years and maybe used it... 10 times? Maybe 20? We baby wore all the time instead. That being said, I bought a used double BOB this summer and use that constantly for our walks with the dog. I couldn't tandem wear the kids totally comfortably, so we switched to the stroller and love it. We still have our britax b ready which I've thought of selling, but will probably keep until I decide if I'll use it with this baby as an infant.
    My point being.. if this is your first but you plan on having more kids, having a double might be more convenient then buying a single and having to sell it and buy a double later. You might not use it a ton if you babywear, but when you need it, it's convenient.

39. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@anonysquire: also, how are things going? Have you had any follow up about the dates?

40. anonysquire

cantaloupe / 6923 posts

@MrsB2012: diapers really are so easy!!!! Now we have to bring the little potty everywhere or the potty insert thing if we're in public and have to know where all toilets are. And my 2 year old is a stinker. She totally ignores me when I ask if she has to go. She does always tell me when she ha to go though, just doesn't want to be asked.

And I have an appt Wednesday!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee