Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 POAS

1. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: I think I speak for everyone when I say that we'd be thrilled if you joined us. We're the internets most depressing rat pack!

2. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: Ha! Sad but true. Hopefully March brings some luck to all of us.

3. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I'll go ahead & roll call but my POAS date will change!

Cycle Day: Not yet cycle day 1
    TTC Cycle: 4 (ectopic, MC, chemical)
    Ovulation Date: TBD
    POAS Date: Hopefully by 3/31!
    Baby #: 2
    What's up this month: Trying Clomid to get ovulation back on track following a series of losses. Also taking baby Aspirin, B6 & Vitex. In an overall attempt to be healthier, I'm getting my eating back on track to lose 10 pounds and cutting down on my Diet Coke habit.
    For Fun: What do you look forward to when spring begins? No more illnesses (hopefully!), sandals, more time outside with my daughter

4. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: I'm also going to try to lose some weight. I do well up to ovulation and then things slide...

I just looked at the calendar for March and was so relieved to see that DH's work schedule looks as good as possible for around O time. He starts a 4 month stretch of insane hours in March (Intern year at the local hospital) and literally has 4 days off next month. Luckily two of them happen to fall leading up to O so we hopefully won't feel too depleted by then... Also no overnights until after my NEXT period is due. So there's that. I had been sort of dreading having to try next month because of the rotation he'll be on but it looks like it won't be as bad as I thought. #littlemiracles

5. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: That's great! DH and I always struggle since we work opposite shifts and the only time we see each other during the week is when one of us is sleeping.

I'm the same way re: weight loss. It's like as soon as ovulation passes my mind switches to "eat whatever you want since you could be pregnant" mode which makes NO sense, lol. I really don't want to start pregnancy off at a higher weight especially since I gained 50 with my daughter

6. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: Yes. I gained 60 with DS1 and hadn't lost it all when we found out DS2 was coming at 7 months pp. I'd love to be not only at a lower weight, but in a good exercise routine so that I feel comfortable continuing it in early pregnancy.

7. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: Yep, I really need to start working out too. I'm so inactive it's kinda pathetic. The worst thing is when I'm sedentary I get bad cellulite and it only goes away with exercise. That's my motivation with shorts & bikini weather coming up!

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: @knittylady: I'm trying to work on portion sizing, eating fewer carbs, and getting into a workout routine. I would like to have one in place as I start a pregnancy.

9. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: @knittylady: I guess one blessing of TTC taking longer than planned is being able to get as healthy as possible prior to being pregnant.

10. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: Not my favorite silver lining, but I suppose I will have to take it

11. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yeah I'm just trying to convince myself of all the "positives" of this being a shit show, lol.

12. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: Yea I do that too, my latest tactic is that I will still be pregnant for all 4 weddings I am invited too, so I won't need to worry about finding a baby sitter, and the wedding that I am a bridesmaid in, the most pregnant I could be is around 8 weeks, so I won't be showing at all and the dress will fit.

13. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: @snarkybiochemist: silver lining are what can keep us going- even if they feel like or are bull. That's what I tell myself. Ugh. Definitely been carrying this mornings bfn around the house with me this morning to squint in different lights.

14. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I think we have all tried to look at a stark white test in every light in the house, my thought process is usually natural sunlight and the bathroom light and oh wait the other bathroom had different light bulbs lets check there

15. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: Been there so many times it's not even funny.

16. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

As I was walking upstairs to check a different light I said out loud "this is insane." Didn't deter me though.

17. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I have dug tests out of the trash to check one more time.

My goal for this cycle is to not test prior to the blood test, I just drive myself insane looking and guessing. I don't have any cheapies in the house, just an FRER that I want to use when I have a positive, so I can pretend this situation is normal.

18. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: so I didn't test until today when af is due and it really did help. I recommend it. It left me more time to
    Be hopeful but the benefit from not obsessively peeing and checking and squinting was worth that hopefulness.

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: I think I am going to really try and hold out

20. ineebee

pear / 1580 posts

Cycle Day: 22
    TTC Cycle: 3 real, but 1.5y ntnp
    Ovulation Date: 2/14
    POAS Date: 3/2
    What's up this month: I can't believe I'm here! Haven't posted on one of these things in forever. With my PCOS diagnosis, it took 2.5 years, 3 IUIs and 1 IVF to get my 2yo son, and we're just throwing the dice to see what happens this time around.
    For Fun: What do you look forward to when spring begins? I'm gonna be honest. I've been working out a lot and I'm hoping to get lots of use out of my shorts and tank tops as the weather gets warmer!

Honored to be joining all you ladies in this crazy journey!

21. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

Cycle Day: CD 14
    TTC Cycle: 11 =[
    Ovulation Date: 2/21 ~ 2/23
    POAS Date: March 7th
    Baby #: 1
    What's up this month: I have a progesterone test on March 1st, and a f/u appointment with the RE on March 6th to go over my HSG and progesterone results. I joined an infertility support group that starts tonight and goes for 6 weeks.
    For Fun: What do you look forward to when spring begins? I guess I really like being able to get fresh fruit again like berries...but honestly, I'm a fall winter gal, I don't the lengthening days and the hotter weather.

22. TTCBee

pea / 19 posts

Cycle Day: 16

TTC Cycle: 2 sorta (we started last month after an almost 1 year break due to some medical issues)

Ovulation Date: 2/18(?)

POAS Date: 3/6 (I only test after I miss a period)

What's up this month: We BD A LOT during my fertile week(at least for us anyway). I hope that does the trick. I am older though, so we'll see.

For Fun: What do you look forward to when spring begins?
    Being able to go for walks and just being able to be outside. Plus, I love spring flowers. LO's birthday is end of March. Also my very active preschooler likes to be in the park, and she's happier when she can run around.

23. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

3/2 msmini, ineebee
    3/5 jdh
    3/6 ttcbee
    3/7 tionn3
    3/13 snarkybiochemist
    3/17 mrsbubbletea, knittylady
    3/18 bizwitch, bushelandapeck
    3/21 raspberry
    TBA lilyofthewest
    Cheerleader coral

goodluck everyone

24. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@Tionn3: fresh fruit good, hot weather bad! I agree!!!

@ineebee: awesome thing to look forward to!

25. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: I hope the doctor has some answers for you about whats going on and you can come up with a plan for the future. Good luck with the support group.

26. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Tionn3: @mrsbubbletea: I hate hot weather too! Where I live, the summer is so hot & humid. I can also do without the longer days.

27. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@Tionn3: good luck with your upcoming appointment! Hopefully you get some answers

28. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: @mrskansas: Thanks guys. The preliminary HSG results were " good spillage and both tubes open" so that is good. I'm not expecting anything different to be explained to me at the f/u appointment on the 6th. The progesterone test may show something though, weak ovulation or no ovulation...or it might be that everything is normal...which I'll then be put into the lovely category of "unexplained infertility" which is bs.

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: @mrsbubbletea: @Tionn3: I also am not a big fan of hot/humid weather. Fall is my favorite season, it finally cools down.

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: It is so strange to be hoping that something diagnosable is wrong because then there is a specific course of action to treat it. The unexplained label has got to be challenging.

31. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

for lots of s ladies!!!!

32. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I had some really light spotting last night after only 5 days of Provera so I'm curious to see if it turns into my period. I'd be surprised since I'm still taking the pill but maybe my body is just ready.

33. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: I hope you get your period soon, the waiting is always the worst part for me. My period didn't come for a few days after the last provera pill, but I also didn't have any spotting while taking provera.

34. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Yeah I was really surprised! I figured with the Provera keeping my progesterone high I wouldn't have anything for at least a day or two after the last pill, but I guess you never know. I'll see what happens today & if nothing, I'll keep taking the pills for the full 10 days.
    I'm really anxious to get started on Clomid though.

35. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@snarkybiochemist: my POAS date will actually be 3/31. I should ovulate sometime around 3/18

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

3/2 msmini, ineebee
    3/5 jdh
    3/6 ttcbee
    3/7 tionn3
    3/13 snarkybiochemist
    3/17 mrsbubbletea, knittylady
    3/18 bizwitch
    3/21 raspberry
    3/31 bushelandapeck
    TBA lilyofthewest
    Cheerleader coral
    goodluck everyone

37. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bushelandapeck: corrected now, sorry about the mix-up
    @mrskansas: the human body is weird

38. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

What do you guys do on days you're feeling down & hopeless about TTC? Sorry to sound so pathetic but I am having one of those days.
    I went & got a pedicure last night and that usually helps, except there was a newborn baby there so that back fired.

39. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@mrskansas: No advice. Just commiseration. I just switched from a super affordable acupuncture place to a $$$ one because not only does the new place specialize in this stuff, but my last acupuncturist was pregnant...

I think self-care is a good start.

40. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@knittylady: Self care is usually what helps the most, so like I mentioned before, I'm trying to lose weight so I feel more like myself again. Plus I like having complete control over what I'm eating. It kind of takes away from having no control over TTC.
    I've really thought about trying acupuncture but I just can't seem to justify the cost.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee