Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 POAS

1. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: We are open to IUI. The only reason we aren't trying it this month is because of the cost. My RE said that the three meds (Clomid, HCG & progesterone) will be pretty cheap, whereas IUI comes at quite an expense because my insurance only covers up to diagnosis until my deductible is met, which I'm currently no where close since it's early in the year.

For those of you who have done IUI, I have kind of a silly question. Do you help your partner with... uh, extracting the semen? Or does he do it alone?

So much to this board. You guys are seriously the only reason I haven't completely lost my mind at this point. I have short cycles so I'll hit two years in June, even though this is the 24th cycle for us. Just like everything that's difficult in life, when we started this journey I assumed infertility was something that happened to "other people."

2. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: And I hope you get your downtime for healing soon. Can you get a Friday or Monday off sometime soon and spend a long weekend away?

Right after AF showed I made plans to visit a friend a few hours away in a few weeks. We had been talking about a visit anyway and I feel like I really need it now. Weirdly she has been one of the most supportive people through this even though she got pregnant without even trying and now has an amazing 6-year-old daughter. She always listens, never offers unsolicited advice, never says "just relax." She just offers sympathy and reassures me that I will be a parent one day.

3. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bizwitch: Deductibles are so annoying... Not to be that annoyingly optimistic person, but if you were to get KU this cycle, you'd have the entire pregnancy and birth on the same deductible, so probably would hit it anyways. A Jan baby is the worst for this, with pregnancy in one year and birth in the next...I really, really wish there was better fertility coverage.

I'm hoping to do something fun for my husband's birthday in a few weeks... and have more downtime next weekend. I have a red eye flight tonight, work all day tomorrow with a significant time difference, then fly back - ughhhh...

4. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: I appreciate annoying optimism, and that's something I'd never thought of! Another winter birthday is really the last thing we need in our family (Mom is 12/20, sister 12/31, DH 1/14, me 1/25, MIL 1/26!), but I'll take what I can get!

Ugh that schedule sounds awful! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do that requires that kind of travel?

5. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Oh and I just did a due date calculator for this coming cycle ... it came out as December 25th! Literally the last thing I'd want for my kid (well, after Feb. 29th)... but oh well!

6. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bizwitch: I have a cousin with that birthday, and he loved it because the whole extended family felt so bad about him having to share his birthday with Christmas that they went out of their way to get him extra presents and didn't even remember his siblings birthdays

I do research, nothing exciting, but the job can involved a lot of travel to disseminate findings.

7. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@bizwitch: sorry about the BFN.

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: My husband did it on his own and then handed me the container after

9. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Thanks. How are you feeling? Been thinking about you today, and still so so so happy for you!!!

10. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I finished my work much earlier than I thought I would. Now to actually enjoy my Sunday... or do chores...

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: thanks I'm tired and my boobs are killing me my stomach is still off and I cried today when I couldn't have husband hug me because my boobs are so sore. Blood test again tomorrow so hopefully a good strong number given I feel crappy

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

I got a new phone today. The first thing I thought when I picked up the box was "I hope I have a chance to take a picture of my baby with this phone before the phone gives out." This is what TTC does to you...

@snarkybiochemist: Thinking of you

13. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@bizwitch: I vote enjoy your Sunday! I've been reading along but it's so hard to write something meaningful on your phone. I never go on the computer on HB. anyways, thinking of you and I know you'll be a mom. It's so unfair the journey keeps kicking you while your down. Thank you for sharing your story about growing up and your family, and hopefully letting us support you a little bit.

14. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@madisonbee: my previous reply is for you too! See above to bizwitch.

15. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@jhd: awesome cake. And I am so sorry you've been feeling discouraged. It's such a tough process.

16. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@mrsbubbletea:

17. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@bizwitch: My birthday is Dec 24th and DH's birthday is Dec 26th. I've actually always liked my Christmas Eve birthday and my parents made sure to separate my birthday from Christmas. My DH likes his birthday too, though his parents were guilty of giving him combined birthday/Christmas gifts.

I think it's tough on families though to have birthdays around the holidays, especially now with both of us. I've always secretly wanted a Christmas baby though because I felt that that would fit in so perfectly with us.

Both me and my husband came early, we were supposed to be January babies.

18. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@PeaceLily: that would be so special! My son is december 28. I almost wish it was right on top of Christmas or right before, it's just far enough away where you are starting to recover from all the gifts and everything, but still so overwhelming since then we go to town on gift giving again! My current due date is nov 23, which is my husbands bday. And mine is the 17!

19. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@periwinklebee: thanks I'm getting nervous

20. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@snarkybiochemist:

21. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@bizwitch: @madisonbee: lots of love to both you ladies. establishing your own family (getting married, TTC, etc.) brings up so many emotions.

22. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist: thinking of you. do you have an early appointment for your blood draw tomorrow?

23. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@mrsbubbletea: thanks, lady! I hope you are feeling well!

24. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@jhd: thanks, lady! I love this board.

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

New username!

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@PeaceLily: That would be really sweet

27. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@snarkybiochemist: thinking of you today

28. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bushelandapeck: thanks

29. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@jhd: yup 7am I'll find out around 3

30. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

Positives msmini shellio snarkybiochemist mrsbubbletea
    3/21 raspberry
    3/22 bizwitch
    3/26 madisonbee
    3/27 ttcbee
    3/29 mrskansas
    3/31 bushelandapeck, peacelily
    TBA lilyofthewest mrs.panda
    goodluck everyone

31. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@snarkybiochemist:

32. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@snarkybiochemist: thinking of you! Feel totally unconcerned for you in the most supportive way possible

33. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Good luck today!

P.S. Can you please take me off the board? I think I'm just about ready to ovulate in a few days (based on my increased watery/egg white CM). So I'll be POAS in April instead.

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@knittylady: Thanks, I have plenty of symptoms so I am hopeful but at the same time this is super nerve wracking

35. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: no problem

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

3/21 raspberry
    3/27 ttcbee
    3/29 mrskansas
    goodluck everyone

37. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

@snarkybiochemist: You can also remove me from the list. No idea when or if I'll be testing.

Thinking of you today!

38. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

3/21 raspberry
    3/27 ttcbee
    goodluck everyone

39. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrskansas: thanks

40. TTCBee

pea / 19 posts

Hey, ladies! My body has gone through a lot in the past few weeks and I can tell that something is "off" somewhere. We are taking this cycle off. I'll probably rejoin for April maybe even May.

Congrats to everyone!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee