Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

March 2017 POAS

1. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I definitely agree that telling her privately is a good. Also, expressing that you know that it may be difficult for her to see you pregnant (because she is having trouble conceiving), but that you are there to support her 100% whenever she needs will also be good. Just be sensitive. For me personally ( because I've been trying for a year now, and my sister in law has a new baby, so I guess I'm speaking from experience) it's not so much seeing someone else be pregnant that is upsetting, but it's that the entire attention/support of the family is being completely shifted onto the pregnant family member, while forgetting (aka not supporting) the family member that is struggling to get pregnant is what hurts the most. So I think just making sure that she knows you're there for her, will make a huge positive impact when you tell her you're pregnant.

2. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: I've been eating pretty healthy this week so maybe I'll run an experiment and eat a hoagie and fries for dinner tonight.

I did cry this morning but that was more related to my husband being a jerk for no reason, like husbands are wont to do from time to time. (Where's the eye roll emoji?)

3. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@bizwitch: I always wonder about that whole " just knowing" thing. I've talked to other friends that have said the same thing. They just knew. One friend was like " I had tightness in my abdomen, and I just knew something was weird, so I took a test" my sister in law was like, " I thought I was getting my period and my boobs hurt so much it was my only indication" and here I am, just wondering what this " knowing" is...the only experience I've had with "knowing" is just "knowing" that I'm not pregnant even before my period...so maybe it's the reverse...?

4. knittylady

pomegranate / 3212 posts

@Tionn3: I have a theory that it just works as being correct after afyer the fact.. I had months I "knew" and I was. See I was right! But what about the months i "knew" but then I wasn't? We forget about those because we were wrong...

5. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@knittylady: In psychology it's what we like to call confirmation bias.

6. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: speaking from experience with a sister who got pregnant way way easy while I did not, do not tell her it was easy or that it didn't take long or those types of things. Her being pregnant didn't bother me, her now baby doesn't bother me, what did bother me was the "advice" on how it was easy and I should just relax because look at her, it didn't take any time at all. Be patient with her if she seems disinterested, while my sister's pregnancy didn't bother me it was because I didn't try to care about it. I only went to her gender reveal because of parental guilt, not out of desire to be there.

7. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@Tionn3: Yeah exactly. Which is why I'm thinking the only way I must have "known" the first time is actual physical symptoms, rather than like intuition or something.

I have tricked myself into thinking I was pregnant MULTIPLE times over the past 22 months. And guess what?! I wasn't!

8. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: This month felt different, no cramps and a lot of gas and sore boobs. I went back and forth between convincing myself that this was exactly what I had felt the month before and convincing myself that this was totally different and I should have hope.

9. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: We have all tricked ourselves, that these cramps are totally different then my normal period cramps so I must be pregnant.

10. Tionn3

kiwi / 680 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I agree on the not giving advice. Through my whole experience, the advice that my in laws give me is awful and hurtful, and I've definitely had my sister in law who got pregnant on accident on the first go around tell me to relax and it will happen, and all it did was enrage me. Advice does not equate to empathy but for some reason lots of people think that it does.

11. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@Tionn3: So many people think that if they offer unhelpful advice in loving tones that it will magically turn helpful and resonate with us and we will be thrilled to be receiving it. Nope telling me to relax will not make me ovulate but thanks

12. mrskansas

nectarine / 2813 posts

I need to stop being so obsessive but I'm starting to wonder if I ovulated early. I just have a hard time believing that I didn't respond at all to Clomid when I always ovulate on my own.

My RE did say the fluid behind my uterus was consistent with ovulation and my lining had that "triple line" pattern, and that was CD 13. Obviously there is no way of knowing until I either get a period or not, but I think my mind is just searching for an explanation.

13. mrsbubbletea

nectarine / 2821 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I would never! I actually think I might be projecting my own feelings onto how she might feel or react, but I would rather be overly sensitive to her feelings than hurt them or be inconsiderate

14. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

I also don't know how I feel about women who just know they are pregnant before taking a test. It just seems hard to believe! The month I got pregnant I had assumed I wasn't and was already planning things to try for the next month.

The day before I got my BFP I was at a party and trying my best not to symptom spot. I said to my husband how everything could be a pregnancy sign according to google and I even said that I could trip on the carpet in here and that would be a sign of pregnancy. About 20 minutes later I went to the bathroom and when I was walking back to our table I very noticeably tripped on the carpet.

I honestly think that's what made me test the next morning, but I definitely didn't know I was pregnant and was so surprised to get a BFP.

15. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@mrsbubbletea: I figured you wouldn't but I wanted to put it out there. Its always better to be sensitive and have the person not need it, then be un-sensitive and have them really need it.
    @mrskansas: I'm sorry this limbo sounds awful.

16. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

I would have no issue with someone lovingly telling me to just relax for the sake of my own mental health. It annoys me to no end that people think this will allow you to get or stay pregnant. Right after our loss, my husband came home and said he was talking to a colleague at work She had a miscarriage earlier, and was convinced it was due to stress in her previous job, with the implication that maybe you just need to relax and then loss won't happen. I was seriously annoyed at my husband for even suggesting that could be a cause of our problems. I truly think there is a deep-seated cultural norm that blames the woman for these things.

My doctor actually told me that he thought our loss could be for non-genetic reasons, but in the end it was the opposite. There was bleeding and placenta issues because every cell in the placenta had 23 extra chromosomes, a completely random event that is a hazard of cell division. The evidence strongly indicates that the vast majority of the time when you don't get pregnant, or don't stay pregnant - in the absence of some other diagnosed problem - it's a genetic issue, and you could relax all you want, but good luck with that getting you a baby. It's a relief actually, I don't have to worry about screwing this up.

17. Coral

clementine / 874 posts

@periwinklebee: I hate when people say that stress caused a miscarriage. Sure, it can cause you to delay or miss ovulation, but cause a perfectly healthy pregnancy to end? No. If that were the case, then why are babies born in war zones, during times of famine, or as a result of rape? I was told that (basically) 9.9999/10, it's due to a genetic issue that could not have been prevented.

18. PeaceLily

apricot / 360 posts

@periwinklebee: Like you said, there's no way relaxing could keep you from miscarrying. The majority of miscarriages are caused by chromosomal issues and there's really no way to prevent them from happening. I do think that there is an underlying belief that the woman is to blame when things go wrong with a pregnancy, which is unfortunate.

I was never told relaxing would help me get pregnant last year when I was trying to conceive, but when I told my parents how stressed I was about trying they wanted me to relax for my own sanity. It took my parents 2 years to get pregnant with my older sister and they knew that stressing about it wouldn't make it happen any faster.

19. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@PeaceLily: I think I really need to relax more for my own health and sanity and not just about TTC...

@Coral: Exactly. And from what I've seen, stress also is unrelated to how long it takes to get pregnant, unless it is extreme stress like losing a close loved one or something along those lines.

20. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

BFN at 11 DPO. AF due today. Last night in bed I was trying to tell myself I'm probably not pregnant so I won't get too sad if AF shows.

I really hate TTC. We're almost at two years now.

21. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@bizwitch: thinking of you and holding out hope for this month

22. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: I'm sorry, I was hoping this was your month

23. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: I mean, it's not over yet. And my tits felt HUGE yesterday to the point that it was distracting. We'll just wait and see.

24. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: Well then we will keep hoping. God my boobs are so sore, so take it as a good sign

25. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@bushelandapeck: Thanks sister

26. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

I wanted to share a story with you guys, that I think I had previously shared a little of. A month or so ago, I was telling my friend about starting on Clomid and I also said what great support you ladies on this board have been. She listened and said she was glad I had a community, but also said that she was there to talk to if I ever wanted to. She and I used to be really close. We lived together for two years and supported each other through a lot of rocky times with boys and jobs and family. Then I moved away, and eventually she and her partner moved to the same town where DH and I live. They wanted to leave the SF Bay Area because it was getting so expensive and were looking for someplace else to put down roots, and decided to go to a city where they already had friends. They actually lived with DH and I for 7 months, which we had initially thought would work out but in the end was really stressful and put a strain on our friendship. We've talked over a lot of the stuff that went wrong and put most of it behind us. But one thing we never talked about is also something I just can't let go, and it's one of the reasons I haven't really gone to her for TTC support. We told them we were TTC shortly after they moved in with us. At that point I had no idea it would be so emotional and stressful so it didn't seem like anything I might want to keep to myself. A couple of days later she told me that it made her sad that we were TTC because she was afraid that she might not see me as much and that our lives would start to diverge in really tangible ways. And then she added that her partner was also bummed about us TTC because he and my DH were talking about starting a brewery and he was afraid they wouldn't have time for that if we had a baby. I was just like... totally shocked. I was like, this is not about you. And it's not about some goddamn brewery. I just could not believe that a so-called close friend would make my TTC about them! And would have the audacity to TELL me what they were thinking! Like sure, have your own weird internal selfish thoughts, we all do, but don't tell me about them! Anyway, that is part of the reason I don't go to her for support with TTC. The other reason is that she has said multiple times that she knows she 100% does not want kids so I don't think she'd really get how hard this is. If we had not been in public with a big group of friends when she had said I can go to her for support I would have told her why I wasn't - because she was so insensitive when we first started to TTC. I just didn't want things to get weird or emotional. But dang! I'm still really hurt and I just can't let it go. I will tell her one day, next time it comes up...

27. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

Also I got up at 8am to do some work and so far I haven't really done anything because I've been obsessively looking at when people got their BFPs! Aggghhh what is wrong with me?!

28. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@bizwitch: I'm sorry about your friend. I can definitely understand why you haven't shared anything more with her about TTC. And I hear you on not being able to concentrate on work. Ttc is so consuming at times and really does distract me!

29. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@jhd: The sting of it increases as TTC drags on. At first I was empathetic to her concerns (less to her partner's), but now I'm just like, why would I go to you for support when you basically said you didn't want me to have a baby? Well congratulations, you're getting your wish.

30. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@bizwitch: I'm sorry about your friend. That's hard to go through with people you were once close with. I keep those internal feelings between myself and my husband (and my bee friends). My BFF just got married and was immediately trying; I told DH that if she got preg before us I might get a little sad and upset. But I would never tell HER that! Anyway, you're not out until AF shows up--you know this! Hoping those massive boobs of yours end up in BFP

31. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Besides your boobs, how are you feeling?!

I now consider sore boobs a good sign = ovulation or AF. I guess it's the only thing predictable about my body that I'm finally learning.

32. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: tired and randomly queasy I am trying to take those as good signs that my HCG is going up up up

33. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Sounds like good signs! I hope you get more pregnancy symptoms...as weird as that sounds?!

34. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: me too thanks, i have another beta on monday so hopefully that gives really good news

35. Mrs. Oreo

pear / 1677 posts

@snarkybiochemist: sounds like you were doubling up pretty well last time. I'll be thinking of you while I'm at work that day! (not that I don't already think of you ladies).

36. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@madisonbee: thanks

37. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@snarkybiochemist: Glad your boobs are sore! And you're queasy!

I've been super tired recently too, which I'm trying not to read too much into since I was super tired even before O this month. I think it's more of a late winter blues kinda thing, where all I want to do is sleep. Though I did randomly feel like I was gonna fall asleep at the wheel on Thursday, at like noon with two cups of coffee in me!

38. snarkybiochemist

nectarine / 2180 posts

@bizwitch: weirdly so am I

39. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bizwitch: I'm sorry and about your friend as well. I understand why people don't talk much about TTC, seeing typical reactions when it does come up. I'm so glad to have this community too.

I was thinking AF might have flushed remaining HCG from my system. Test line was definitely lighter this morning, but still there without squinting. I think given the potential risks associated with the triploid pregnancy, I may have to test to zero and then make sure it stays down for a few months, we'll see what the dr says when he is back from vacation. I feel like the past month the universe has really had a sense of humor I would fantasize all the time while we were trying about seeing a second line - it started to feel unattainable and I just wanted that second line - and now I'm just like "go away line!!!!"

40. dominobee

pear / 1553 posts

@periwinklebee: Hoping for that BFN for you soon! Weird thing to say on this board, LOL.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee