Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2014 moms!

1. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Beebug: sorry to hear how confusing things are with/without DH. Hoping you get some peace in the midst of all the changes

I can't remember who asked (im rushing because its 4:35 and i havent started dinner!) but we dreamfeed ALL THE TIME. Since I discovered nursing lying down and have become comfortable with it, and co-sleeping, it's been my new best friend. Saves me every single night. Beautiful.

Last night was crazy. DH and I went to his friend's wedding and left DS with DH's parents for the first time. Talk about DISASTER. They panic for everything. Thankfully they live only 10 minutes from the wedding venue so they called at 7pm asking me to come over to settle him because he keeps crying and won't take a bottle. I go over, he is unsettled. While he's crying and i'm trying to rock and walk with him to settle him she suggests that I change his diaper because she believes he pooped... but obviously changing a diaper on an already crying and hungry baby is not going to make matters better. I walk with him a bit then he calms down enough to be fed for a few minutes, then changed, then fed the balance of his bottle. He is Mr. Smiley once more. I return to wedding. Another call - he won't stop crying and they can't figure out why and I need to come back. Thankfully SIL saved the night and went over to their house and calmed him to sleep so we stayed and enjoyed the wedding. When we picked him up after 11pm, he was hungry. Fed him once more and he was happy and chatty til I finally settled him to sleep around 1 am. He's been his normal happy self again today. Today MIL called with a series of questions and theories - Is DS is always so cranky? What went wrong last night? I keep explaining to her that if he's crying because he's hungry, his cries will get progressively worse until he gets fed. Likewise changed. And panicking and passing him from hand to hand (she and FIL were both panicked with his cries) while he's crying will only agitate him more. But no... she insists it is because of my diet (it was breastmilk) or because I feed him milk at room temperature, or that he needs to go to the doctor because something may be seriously wrong with him! Sigh. *vent over*

2. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: interesting, i wonder if fia will get over it soon too! I've been thinking she was going to roll for like 2 weeks bc she seemed so close but at this point she gets so angry whenever i put her on her stomach, tummy time only lasts like 3 min at a time so she doesn't get much practice

@Glitter: gah that is stressful. sorry they are not very easy babysitters We've only left fia alone once, with my parents, who seemed to be just fine. But my mom is a total baby person so I feel like she's prob more qualified than me to take care of my kid haha. I'm glad you got out and had a good time at the wedding though!

3. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mae: G is the same. He hates tummy time! He moves from his back to his side but wont make the full turn. And if I put him on his tummy he complains to no end!

4. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Glitter: ugh that sounds like it was not the relaxing time you were hoping to have! I left both boys with my mom a few times and she's normally great with them but the last time there was all this chaos and she had to hand them off to my sister so she could leave before I got back and apparently G just screamed his head off and refused the bottle even though he must've been starving. Bbies can totally tell when their caretakers are stressed out!

@Mae: G sometimes loves tummy time and he just tries to sleep. Other times he just screams. It's only been this past week that he actually lifts his head and purposely tries to roll. The other time he did it must've just been a freak occurence.

I am so jealous of all the sleep you guys are getting. G used to be a great sleeper but I think with his eating and digestive issues he has decided it's better to keep me up all night. I tried a dteamfeed before bed and doesn't seem to make a difference. If we keep him in the cradle all night, he wakes every half hour to two hours max. If i take him in bed, he is nursing all night long. We can't win!

5. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Sleep back to crap over here. Swaddle days ended abruptly (even though we only began swaddling in the last 10 days, lol) as someone is a little alligator and rolls like a pro! I hate hate hate (but do really love, so big love/hate) when babies learn something new.....repeat, repeat, repeat!! Back in the sleep sack, swatting paci out, falls out, arms in his face (socks on hands) still wakes himself up all the time, bah.

I'm betting I'm up for the day, but we will see.

6. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Beebug: Yeah pretty sure I'm up for the day too. It's 5:55 but they've been up since 4:30. And up every two hours before that too. Blake went back down but I'm nursing Alice and can hear him scooching around in his crib. Sigh. Let's all pray for naps today at least.

7. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

All these babies rolling! Leo is no where close to rolling and doesn't even make an effort. He either cries during tummy time or just lays there. I don't remember when DS did it - maybe 4 months? Funny how all babies are different!

Ladies, I hope you all get some sleep!

8. sungirl

apricot / 309 posts

Hi ladies! I'm actually on my computer today, wow! I was working on the invite for my son's 2nd birthday party while both boys are napping (yay!) and thought I would pop over to HB. I forgot how much easier it is on a computer than a phone. I'm heading back to work next week and I am so bummed. I think it is actually going to be harder to leave my older DS than the baby because he will really notice the difference after we have spent the summer together! Interesting to read everyone's sleep and eating adventures. My DS went a couple of weeks sleeping from 9p-6a and it was glorious, but now as I am preparing to go back to work he has started waking up the past 2 nights at 2:45a. Not sure why??? Hope he will go back to all night before I go back to work but if not it is still better than when I went back to work with my first DS who was still waking at least twice a night. Well I think I hear the baby stirring so I will try to catch up again soon

9. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Glitter: how did the meeting with your boss go? wasn't that monday?

@skipra: ugh, nights sound brutal. sorry

@Beebug: i'm sorry I sort of feel very torn about the rolling issue. I'm excited for her to roll because i want her to be strong... but she is so dependent on the swaddle that I am dreading having to take her out of it. You don't have to unswaddle them until they roll back to belly though right? I don't think she is all that close to doing that.

@twodoghouse: gah bad night there too! i hope they let you nap today.

@Mamasig: i thought before that fia was close to rolling belly to back but now i'm not sure. She sort of stopped trying to roll and more just supermans herself in tummy time. lol

Also a bit of an LOL for your evening:

DH is holding Fia. She's totally fine. He yawns. She immediately starts screaming (????). DH, to Fia (in a completely calm voice while she screams): "You're being irrational." lol

10. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mae: DS is only rolling back to belly (but only to the left!), so yah....swaddle done. Back in sleep sack, socks on hands. He unsettles himself when he gets to his belly, mostly because the one arm gets stuck under on the roll, so hopefully he will figure that out soon and I assume will be a belly sleeper? Who knows.

Feels too young for this, DD was at least 4m before this began, boo!

I ended up filling script for mastitis and took my first pill earlier, really hoping this is it and it kicks in soon. I felt it yesterday, but was able to ignore it, not so much today!

Both kids were down by 8:30 tonight, I'm in bed and going to hit the hay here shortly.

Anyone retire any baby gear yet? I'm already thinking we are close to ditching the swing! Once it's done I am going to sell it and bassinet is waiting in basement to be sold!

The only thing I would like to buy is a jolly jumper stand. We have a jj, DD freaking loved it, but we don't have anywhere to hang it in this house, so need a stand.

11. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

Ugh so I'm pretty sure I have a clogged duct. As soon as I'm done with fia I'm headed downstairs for heating pad, massage, and pumping. I should've seen this coming. Pumping was a little painful on the right side yesterday evening and I had lower output on that side.

12. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mae: Ugh that is the worst! I've had a couple in the last few weeks and it just sucks. Hope you can get some relief fast!

13. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: I think I got it cleared out. Heating pad + massage + 30 min pumping and I don't feel a lump anymore. Still a little site though. Going to pump extra today just to be safe I think

14. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mae: Glad you got it out quickly! When I had my really bad one, it was definitely sore for a while afterward! Now I think I have a clogged nipple pore so every morning (as long as they sleep longer than an hour at a time!) seems to have a little clog. At least they come out easily with nursing, but it's still painful each time! How much longer till they turn one and I can quit BFing?

15. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: if you make it to a year you are amazing!! I have no idea how long I'll make it pumping. Taking it a day at a time. Made it to 12 weeks-- 16 is the next goal! I can't think farther ahead than that.

16. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Mae: @twodoghouse: plugged ducts are awful! But in my experience, they seem to become less frequent over time. I have been breastfeeding for 23 months straight now and last time I had one we lived in our old house so it must have been November or earlier.

So I'm not sure if we can already see some improvement in G from my diet change or if it's the 3 month growth spurt but he's been nursing so much better and is starting to gain weight again, I think. In one week he had gained only 2 oz and then I cut out dairy and soy and it looks like just since Saturday he's gained 5 oz. Hoping this is the solution!

17. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Wanting to die over here. So much pain, the flu like stuff is going to be the death of me. This is straight up awful. My Mom is coming this eve for bedtime thank goodness. I have two pairs of track pants on, two shirts and two sweatshirts and still have goosebumps.

Here's a Q, not that I feel like it, but while on these meds I probably shouldn't pump/store, should I? Will call doc, on meds for a week, surgery a week tomorrow, bah.

18. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@skipra: glad things seem to be improving!

@Beebug: OMG that sounds horrible. I'm so sorry you've had and continue to have so much to deal with! I'm glad your mom can help somewhat.

19. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@skipra: so glad G is improving with your diet change!

@Mae: I doubt I'll make it to a year, mostly because I doubt my meager supply will hold out that long. On the other hand, they seem to be such fiends for the boob that I can see them trying to BF until they are 12, haha.

@Beebug: Oh no, that sounds awful! I hope the meds start to kick in and you feel better soon!

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Beebug: Popping in to say that when I had mastitis, the medications were breastfeeding safe and I was given no restrictions on pumping/storing my milk (I had it on a Friday and had to pump while LO was at daycare).

21. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Beebug: hope you start feeling better soon! Glad your mom can help tonight. Will anyone be able to stay with you after surgery?

22. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@avivoca: thank you! I am definitely still bf'ing and know I can, but just wasn't sure if it is ideal I pump (to stash for surgery next week) while on even bf friendly meds.

Just took my 4th pill, still hasn't kicked in

@skipra: DH will be home as of Friday hopefully "for good", and his parents were going to drive cross country whether DH was home or not to help. My Mom is taking some days too, so I think we are covered, thankfully.

@twodoghouse: @Mae: thank you!

Watching back to school shopping tips on noon time news today and they're talking about kindergarten, I'm crying, hahaha. DD goes in two years, she'll still be three! I've debated keeping her out, but we will see where she's at, but haha to my sobbing.

23. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: My supply has been a little lower the last few days and it is bumming me out. I'm hoping it had to do with the blocked duct and will go back up now-- but we'll see. If not I think I might need to get up earlier to pump. Which I really don't want to.

@Beebug: 3 when she starts kindergarden?! I think that kids have to be 5 here. Honestly if I had a choice, I'd probably choose to start a kid later rather than earlier. I know that can cause problems-- since I was borderline and my parents started me later and I ended up bored and in trouble all the time until they skipped me a grade and I was challenged again. But now that I'm a parent I realize that my parents basically lost a whole year with me! I went off to college a whole year earlier than I would've if I would have stayed in the grade they put me in, and that had to bum them out!

24. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mae: The night I unclogged my really bad duct I pumped a ton on that I side! I hope your supply picks up now that it's unclogged!

25. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Beebug: Hope things are better when your DH returns. And that the visit with the in-laws is ok.
    Wow, three sounds really early for kindergarten! I think the absolute earliest here would be 4 if they turn 5 sometime in September, but still would have to test in to do that.
    @Mae: School cut off here is September 1 and W's birthday is the 7th so he'll be almost 6 when he starts kindergarten. I think as a total generalization the theory is that boys need the extra time more than girls. I kind of love the idea that we get to "keep" him for an extra year.

26. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mae: yes, it was on Monday. So nice that you remembered! DH, Gio and I went in (my boss asked to see the baby) and we all just went around introducing him to everyone for a bit, then DH and Gio left so that I could meet with my boss and the GM. I was so much more nervous than I expected I would be, but it actually seemed to have gone pretty well! The first thing that was said to/asked of me was what I want/didn't want. I asked for contract work to help with the back log of pensions/retirement projects we always have to clear and to come in for a weekly staff meeting. My boss said I could always skype into the meeting and come in to the office 2X a month instead of 4X if I preferred *gasp*. Based on the terms I requested they said it was "workable" and would draft up a contract for me to review within the next two weeks. I'm excited to receive it! What about you? Have you actively started the job hunt or still basking in the SAHM life?

@Beebug: you have a lot going on! Thank God for moms who can step in when things get rough!

@skipra: Glad to hear G is gaining nicely again! Seems like you have spotted the problem!

My mom comes in this evening! Not sure if I mentioned it, she's coming back for two weeks to catch up with her grandson. I am SOOO HAPPY and excited to see her!

27. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Glitter: that is so great that they will work with you on a job arrangement that makes you happy! best of all worlds! I'm semi-actively job hunting (can you be semi-active...? lol). I have put it out there again that I'm looking and applied to one job I thought I'd really like (litigating foreclosure defense cases)-- only to receive an email that the position had already been filled and they forgot to take the posting down, lame! I have a meeting next week (probably, waiting for details) with a guy who owns a law firm that does wealth management. I don't know much about that but i could certainly learn and it could be a good new direction for me, so we'll see. I am wishing I could stay home a while longer, but the stress of not knowing when i'll be back in work does sort of taint it for me. In my most ideal world I'd know for sure that I had a job starting Jan 2 and I could just revel in the SAHM-ness of the next few months And yay about your mom!

28. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@Mae: I know! I would love a few more undistracted months too, and as they grow older and are more sociable we may want to be home longer and longer... but there are so many other things to consider. I hope it works out for you, soon enough so that you can have some peace of mind, but not too soon, so that you can soak in all you can with Fia.

29. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Feeling better!! Still have the sweats (and then chills!) but no aches...!! Oh here is hoping! Better get to bed. I have a feeling C will keep me on my toes tonight. He nursed at 6, 7, 8, and then 9!!

30. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

you guys.. i am SO OVER this week.

I feel like I might be hormonal. And I just need to bitch a minute but I didn't want to start a whole thread. Because honestly I have a pretty great life and things are really not so bad. But I'm just having a moment here. So.

I thought my plugged duct was cleared but I'm not sure now. No lump but my boob still kind of hurts and I pumped less from that side again this evening. wtf. Also my supply is still lower. wtf x 2.

Fia ate okay(ish?) today. I mean.. she didn't fight me. But she only ate 19 oz. For you breastfeeding mamas... that is NOT ENOUGH. She should be eating 24-32. I try not to stress about all this, but I sort of can't not.

My DH is just... gone. I mean he's not actually gone. But he's so wrapped up in school and work that I feel like I haven't barely seen him in weeks. Today I got a whopping 15 minutes where he took the baby--- so I could finish making the dinner I started making before she woke up fro ma nap. Otherwise, I had her the entire day. And it isn't even that I need a break from her so much as it bothers me that he isn't bothered by never seeing her.

And fucking breastfeeding awareness week. All over my world. Latch events. Photos. Facebook posts. I get it. And I get that I'm overly sensitive and that this is still raw for me and that I'm a good mom regardless. And I know that tons of people have problems and I'm not alone in failing at bf'ing. I do really get it. But it still stings every time I see a pro-bf post. It's just a constant reminder and it still hurts that I can't do it.

Bah.

31. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Glitter: That is really great job news! Awesome they were receptive to your needs and receiving contract will be great!!

@Mae: boo about application and they forgot to take posting down, boo.

I will write this knowing it is awful of me to do so, but Monday was the one year mark for me....one year before back to work, lol. I return Aug 4, 2015! Is it awful I am already trying to justify to myself staying off that August? With what I do I know it wouldn't be approved, but I am just pathetic. Time will fly faster than I want to think about.

re: bf'ing goals. Day by day for me given what happened with the pain in June, because if that happened again, I really don't think I could survive it a second time....however! My first secret goal is 4m because that's how long I nursed DD, but my actual secret goal is when I can just switch to cow's milk and not do formula inbetween, not in an anti-formula way, just to beat two transitions.....which weren't even all that hard with DD, so I'm not sure why I am using that as my thing. We'll see! I know extended bf is not for me (as of now!) but am interested to see how long I make it!

I posted on fb group.... we are quiet, but pictures always spark fun

32. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: you posted, but you didn't post one of your little!

33. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mae: lol. I am on my computer, so didn't have anything on here, I just went on via phone and got one on there

34. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Glitter: My mom's back in town for a week too! I've missed her so much but I will be so sad to see her go again because we won't see her again until October!

@Beebug: Glad you're feeling better! Hope it continues to improve.

@Mae: I'm sorry you're having a rough week. Sending you love and good thoughts.

We had a good day over here. Incredible naps! Waiting for the other shoe to drop and hoping it's not going to be a terrible night sleep night. Tomorrow I'm driving them up to my sister's two hours away and I'm nervous that I'm too sleep deprived to drive! My DH is leaving tomorrow for a lake weekend with our friends while I go up to the Chicago suburbs for my sister's baby shower. I'll be solo and away from home for 4 nights. I'm starting to think that's insane. My mom will be around to help but still... I'm sad about being away from DH but I know he really wants to go hang out at the lake with our friends. Trying to be a good wife and be all cool with him going but I'm on the verge of breaking down and begging him to stay home. I know he's do it too but is feel so guilty. I'm just hoping we can manage naps while we're away from home and keep a good nighttime schedule!

35. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: I hope your LOs sleep well tonight! I never find that a good napping day means worse night time sleep so I hope it is the same for you. Also good luck this weekend! Is your mom going to be driving with you I hope?? If not (and I"m totally serious here) please feel free to fb me for my phone # and you can call me any time to keep you awake if you get drowsy driving! I've had to do a lot of night driving in my life and calling random people to keep me awake I swear is the only reason I never fell asleep at the wheel. And I hope the babies are good on your get-away. We were at my parents' house this weekend and it was the first time Fia slept not at home. We took her pack n play (what she always sleeps in) and white noise machine and she slept fine. And you are a good wife for letting your DH go My DH is out of town next weekend actually. For his bday (back in feb!) I got him a plane ticket to ATL for this weekend and a concert ticket to the motley crue show to go to the concert with some friends of ours. Seemed like a good gift at the (pre-baby) time and he is so super excited about it. I'm fine about him being gone because my parents will be here Saturday-Sunday so I only have one night alone, and lets be honest I solo parent 95% of the time anyways it feels like lately.

36. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@twodoghouse: good luck with the drive and visit! I'm sure it will be great. Both babies will hopefully be so exhausted from the change in environment that they'll sleep great.

@Mae: aww sorry about your tough week. You are a rock star for dealing with all your bf'ing issues. Just keep that in mind!

@Beebug: glad you're feeling better! Thanks for posting on fb. I love seeing baby pics!

@Glitter: great news about your job. Seriously sounds like the best of both worlds. I'm hoping to figure out a similar set up this fall or winter.

37. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Mae: sorry you are having a tough day! The pro bf stuff used to get to me with my 1st son. The hurt/pain did fade away for me. I think it's awesome all the work you've done trying to feed your baby girl!

38. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

And I just have to say I'm proud of myself for getting both boys to sleep by myself! I cuddled the older one and rocked the little one in the rnp. Now off to bed myself!

39. meesker

grape / 84 posts

Hello mamas,

I know introduction posts 3 months past due date are uncommon, but I've been following your board for months and thought it was about time to participate.

Our sweet girl was due on June 2 and arrived May 27 via scheduled c-section. We knew early on she would be a May c-section baby because of a monster fibroid blocking her exit route. Turns out it was a good thing because she was also breach with the cord wrapped around her neck.

We have battled minor breastfeeding problems and sleep is an ongoing issue, although I keep telling myself it could be worse. We also are dealing with a cow's milk protein intolerance.

I look forward to participating here; I feel like I know some of you already.

40. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@meesker: welcome feel free to share a name and photo if you want to!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee