Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2014 moms!

1. cookie_dough

kiwi / 619 posts

@Mae: Yay, glad to hear that Fia's appointment went well, must be a huge relief. And woah, amazing chart!!!

@skipra: the feeding issues sound rough I hope it doesn't last long and that everything goes back to normal quickly. I haven't noticed any changes on the feeding side, although he is bottle fed so I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

@Sungirl: I haven't even tried structured naps yet, because with the two kids it's so hard! DD still has a 2 hour nap in the afternoon, but W naps most of the morning in his car seat/stroller because we are out and about, so I don't put him down for a long nap in the afternoon, he just cat naps in his bouncy chair or on me. I'm worried about how complicated things are going to get when he needs two structured naps!

@Beebug: We have a consistent bedtime, but we go to the bed at the same time as him...so we get like zero downtime! DD goes to bed around 7h45, and then around 9h00, DH and I head upstairs with W. DH feeds him a bottle, then I swaddle him an put him in his pack and play. Then we might read for a bit with the lights really dim, but mostly we just go to sleep too. I want to move bedtime up soon, but I figure we have to have him in his own room first otherwise it would be tough for us to get ready for bed with a sleeping baby in our room. I hate to mess with anything though because he sleeps a nice long stretch right now (9h15 ish to 5h00/5h30). I really hope your DS' nights improve soon, you must be exhausted

@cheesetomywhine: W is still eating every 3 hours (ish) during the day, and then goes a long stretch at night without eating (up to 8 hours).

W had his 2 month appointment last week. He was 12 pounds on the dot and 24 inches. He wasn't too bad after his shots...a little grumpy throughout the day, but could have been much worse.

Daycare is closed this week and next week, so I've decided to take DD to visit my sister (lives about a 5 hour drive away). My sister is going to drive us there (since she is here visiting now) and then we will fly home. I'm SUPER nervous about flying by by myself with a toddler...luckily it's a super short flight! But I'm also super nervous about being away from W for four days. I feel like a terrible mom for leaving him, but on the other hand, I know that he will get so much more one-on-one attention from DH, grandparents, etc without his big sister around demanding all the attention! Hopefully it will be good for him to be a only child for a few days and not just "along for the ride" like he normally is. Luckily I have a really big freezer stash, so he should be fine for breastmilk...should be interesting trying to bring all my breast milk through security on the way home though!

2. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@cookie_dough: aw, I bet you'll have fun on your trip but I'd be nervous too! I was actually just contemplating a similar(ish) situation. Before I got pregnant I agreed to be the photographer for my cousin's wedding in October in my hometown (2 hours away). Now that it is coming up and I'm thinking about the logistics of it, I'm getting nervous! I am pretty sure I don't want to take a 5 month old to a wedding. Maaaaaybe if I wasn't working during it (but prob not?), but to put DH on 100% baby duty (or maybe 75%, with 25% going to my mom) and having her out for that long seems way too stressful for everyone involved. So DH and I were talking about him just staying at my parents' house to watch her during the wedding. But then I got to thinking--- why am I dragging DH and her to my parents' house so I can work? I could be gone less than 24 hrs, and it isn't like I'd be spending any real quality time with them when I was home anyways... so maybe I should just leave them at home and drive up to shoot the wedding then head back early the next morning? But the idea of being away from my baby for a night... eek! I know DH would take great care of her, but I'd just miss her so much!

3. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@cookie_dough: Good for you for going away for four days. The one on one time with your DD will be nice and time for W with fam will be good, too! I am slightly envious, lol.

Over an hour to settle him tonight, so here I am thinking do I need to try earlier? Started at 8 tonight, bahhhh. In the night last night he was waking so much, taking so long to settle, not staying settled. At this age am I ok to not nurse inside of every 3 hours (given he goes 3 hours like clockwork through the day) and try to sooth him with paci, rocking, whatever? I mean if I am feeding him as often as he wakes and he's not settling, clearly it's not because of hunger his unsettledness? A theory could be he's too full/has a burp/something so if I stick to my guns with every three hours and not settle him with boob I could at least be trying to make a better soothing habit? haha I am a mess.

Also....we were doing sleep sack for a couple weeks no problem. Now I have this kid who bats himself like crazy, so I am putting socks on his hands....he can get those off (??!! how!!) and on top of that I am swaddling him arms in. And in a swaddle that hardly feels humane, but otherwise he escapes and I'm again back at square one even faster? I feel so frantic, desperate and lost right now, it's a total bummer, I just want consistent sleep.

I don't even remember if I said this, but Sunday I got AF and I also dropped my external hard drive that I use for photo storage...note....storage, not back up....and yah.....it now won't turn on.

DD went to her old daycare today. I had another counseling appt with DH and I needed (wanted!) to get some cleaning done and stuff done around house. I got home after dropping her off and C fell asleep on me and I just flaked on the couch. Was again not as productive, and am usually crazy motivated, but am apparently just super burnt out.

Bah.

I type this as I sip a glass of wine, eat leftover pizza slice, and watching "after the final rose" from last night, Lights off shortly, but I needed to order two books (a la counselling) off amazon and needed a brain break before crashing. Oh AND I showered for the first time since Friday, haha.

4. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: you have so much going on, you are seriously awesome for handling it as well as you are. About the hard drive, you can probably get your data recovered. Physical damage to hard drives is often a pretty easy and cheap fix. Do you have best buys in canada? Or a similar store?

5. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Beebug: wow your post makes me exhausted for you. You do have a lot to deal with. I hope you can retrieve your photos. I'd definitely ask a tech person to look at it. How are things going with your DH?
    @cookie_dough: good for you for getting away with DD! I really miss the alone time I used to have with W. We started him in swim lessons on Saturdays so I can have one on one time. A trip sounds fun though!
    @Mae: I would also have a hard time leaving overnight and would make DH and babies come with me! I bet it would be nice to get away for a full day though the actual process of leaving might be difficult. I saw your other post about feeding issues. Sorry you are dealing with that on top of everything else.

So I think our feeding issues may just be me misreading his signals and trying to overfeed. Today I made a point to only attempt to feed him every 3 hours and he was much better. I got in the habit of him eating more often but obviously he doesn't need to now. Also I think with the chaos that is his older brother, it is ddifficult for him to concentrate on eating so to compensate he has been wanting to nurse more overnight and early morning. Hoping that with less frequent snacks he will start to take more at a time and gain weight faster. After reading about foremilk/hindmilk imbalance it sounds like that's our problem.

Sorry can't respond to those on the previous page from my phone.

6. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@skipra: I hope this is the solution to your issue! feeding issues are stressful!

7. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

Hi ladies! I know I haven't posted almost at all since Jr. was born but I havent even been at a computer. Unfortunately that luxury is over and I am back at work today I can't believe how fast the time went and I am so absolutely miserable today. I cried all morning and I just keep staring at his pictures I have on my desk. This is going to take some getting used to but I know the first few days will be the worst.
    Everything has been going really really great. He is just the best baby in the world. He sleeps through the night (usually 10pm - 7am), hes a good eater and he has the cutest smile and giggle I have ever seen. I say all this as he is going thru his 12 week growth spurt and he is demanding that hes held and fed all day long. hes still perfect though.
    So I just wanted to check in. I will do some back reading to see how everyone else is doing. Any other moms back to work yet? Any other moms pumping at work? I am off to pump in the only spare office with a lock (I share an office). sucks but its for the best for my boy! I have about 450 oz in my freezer at home alraedy. yes, crazy.

8. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@mrsog: 450 oz?! Ammmmmazing Momma!

Here I am proud of my 23oz, haha!

9. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@mrsog: So sorry you're back at work! I'm not yet (since I've not yet found a job lol) but I know when I head back it will break my heart. Even when she's being difficult I just love hanging out with her so much. I never ever thought I'd want to be a SAHM and really-- I know I don't long term. But I really wish I could spend at least 6-12 months home with her. She's just so little! You're a rock star with your freezer stash though-- look at you go! I'm not pumping at work obviously but I am EP'ing now and it is ROUGH!

10. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@mrsog: I go back Monday. Ugh - insert sniffles. When I went back with my first, I cried for about 3 days and then it got better. We'll see how I do this time. Now I have two sweet boys I'm leaving. I've so enjoyed the extra time with my older son too. But it's time to go back to the real world. It totally sucks that my maternity leave is over right when the baby is becoming more interactive and fun.

Here is a funny pic of me and my little guy.

11. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@mrsog: @Mamasig: so sorry your ample time with LOs has/is winding down. I know it can't be easy, but be easy on yourself - you're doing what's best for your kiddos, and it will get better in time!

I still don't know what my work situation is gonna be. I'm so not ready to give up 24 hrs with my baby.

@mrsog: 450oz is A LOT! How did you build up such a huge stash so quickly? Do you pump multiple times a day?

12. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

You are all my hero's for going back to work at this age. I know it's "the norm" for the US, but I feel guilty the amount of time I have off!

So apparently ranting on the internet about DSs sleep? Someone have him a memo! Two nights ago he tried to wake inside of 3 hours, gave him paci, bought time (45 mins or so) to get past 3 hours and that resulted in 2 nurse sessions with an 8:30 bedtime (started at 8) and wake for day 7am. Last night bedtime same timing for start and asleep, woke just after 2am to nurse, not again til now 6am) and he's back to sleep (for now!). Won't get into the two hours I laid awake last night, but oh well.

Tight swaddle is money apparently! Hope it keeps up, but two nights in a row of good sleep is new, so I am really happy with that at least.

Pre-op today!! Surgery is two weeks today.

13. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Beebug: Woohoo! Hope C has turned a corner in the sleep department! Good luck at your appt!

I feel like I'm going to jinx it if I talk about it, but after some awful days and nights lately, they slept great last night. Down at 9:45, up at 1:45-2:30, up at 5:15. That might not be awesome for everyone else but it's good for us! I'm praying for real naps today. I can't take more no nap days!!!

14. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: good luck at your appt and yay for a good night's sleep! Your morning pic on ig was so cute

@twodoghouse: fingers crossed for some naps today! you deserve a break!

So we have our eval for reflux today. I really hope the doc thinks this is what is wrong and that meds can fix it. It is breaking my heart (and spirit) to hear her scream at every meal! (And also making me second-guess my decision to stop bf--- what if reflux was the problem all along and not bottle refusal and i didn't have to??? gahhh parenthood).

15. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mae: Good luck at your reflux appt! A and B are on reflux meds (Zantac and Prevacid, respectively) and I think it's made a big difference. Right before we started them in meds Blake used to wail and writhe around after eating and look at me with these huge eyes like "why do I hurt??" It was the most pitiful heartbreaking thing I've ever seen! My LOs still have major spit up issues, but at least it seems like a lot of the pain after eating has been alleviated. I hope you two have similar results!

Also, today is a terrible day. I ran out of free episodes of Amazing a Race to watch on Amazon Instant watch. Now what am I going to do all day??? So sad!

16. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: lol! I've been binge watching House for the last 2 weeks on netflix, even though I've seen them all before.

17. mrsog

apricot / 388 posts

@Glitter: I never thought I would build up so much and I guess I was nervous about it so I went hard core. I started when he was 4 weeks and I did 3 times a day for about 3 weeks to build up supply. Then I switched to 2 times a day - morning and night. Each session though I average probably 8-10 oz. My supply is great and it just added up so quickly. Right now I am feeding in the morning, pumping 3 times at work, feeding when I get home and pumping before bed. I seriously feel like a cow lol I ideally want to only pump 2 times at work but I have to figure it out.

First day of work in the bag and the second day isn't as bad. Last night Jr. went to bed at 8:30 and slept till 6. He must have been exhausted being out all day! Worked for me though because I was also exhausted.

@Mae: Good luck at the appt today! I hope they find that is the issue and Fia can start to eat and feel better!.

@twodoghouse: We just finished watched Orphan Black. Wasn't sure if I was going to like it but it was so good! there are 2 seasons of it alraedy.

18. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

Anyone currently dealing with/ ever dealt with a baby who loves "comfort nursing"? I'm leaning towards believing this is what is going on here.

For the past few weeks DS has been nursing foreverrr. I'm talking an hour to an hour and a half. Within the past few weeks he also discovered his fingers and sucks on them every chance he can get. I noticed that sometimes he falls asleep while nursing and stops sucking, but if i try to pull away he resumes sucking, often in little flutters. We've spent a lot of time with family over the last few days and theyve noticed how often I breastfeed. DH's aunt and sister both suggested that I supplement because it seems like DS is never full since he always wants to be on the boob.

Supplementing sounds unnecessary to me, but I'm willing to hear what you all think, given the following: I have no problems with supply, except possible oversupply at times. I have checked (after a good hour of him nursing) by squeezing my nipples and multiple squirts come out (sorry if TMI). DS is a happy baby except when he is hungry. If I take him off the boob before he stops himself, he does not cry and often does not wake up. This leads me to believe he is nursing more for comfort than for nutrition. However, within under 2 hrs he wants to be back on the boob. Shouldn't he remain satisfied for longer? He is a pretty small baby (he was born 7lbs 4 oz, and was up to 10lbs 4 oz at his 2 mnth appointment). Decent weight gain, I think, but he is still on the small side.

What does this sound like to you? Could he be just a very inefficient feeder? He used to do 10 minute sessions previously , so I always thought him efficient until now. Could it be comfort nursing? Could my nipples be releasing too slowly for him?

19. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Glitter: I just replied on your other thread but this sounds just like my two. They have actually increased the frequency and length of BFing sessions as time goes by. I do supplement but that was because they didn't gain weight and they are still small (A nearly 11 lb and B nearly 10 at 13 weeks). I think my kids just really like the act of nursing because we can give them a full bottle of pumped milk/formula and they still fuss to BF. Mine have also been drooling a lot, sucking on hands, etc so I think it might be this age! Do you ever pump? You can see how fast you letdown that way although it's hard to gauge if that's the right speed for your LO.

20. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Glitter: sounds maybe like comfort nursing. Can you tell if he is swallowing? I wonder if you could get away with replacing the boob with a paci if he starts to wake when you pop him off you? Babies can use you like a paci and suckle but not really eat so in that case he could definitely be hungry again in 2-3 hours.

@Mae: how did things go with the reflux evaluation?

Looks like we are probably dealing with mspi again. G has a really gross poop yesterday and was screming again when I tried to feed him then had some blood in his dipe last night and today so I took him to get checked out. He was only 12 lbs even but doctor wasn't concerned about that. We're going to try cutting just the dairy and soy for now and see how he's doing in a couple weeks. I'm not sure if maybe there is some issue with wheat too because cutting the dairy and soy didn't help W's weight gain and his tests for gluten allergy were inconclusive. I guess we'll see.

21. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Mamasig: aww such a cute pic. Sorry you have to go back to work so soon

@mrsog: hope your return to work gets easier with time. And omg that freezer stash! Will be great to have if you ever give up pumping at work. Are you using the stash and freezing the fresh stuff so it doesn't go bad?

22. Glitter

persimmon / 1281 posts

@twodoghouse: yes when I pump I usually get about 5-6 oz in 20 minutes. Up to 8 oz if I pump first thing in the morning when I'm super full. But as you mentioned I have no idea how his suction compares to the pump's.

@skipra: He has fallen asleep on the boob again and is fluttering right now. No swallowing, just tongue and slight jaw movements. I'm more convinced now that it is comfort nursing and I'm ok being the human pacifier lol. DH and I have been debating back n forth about introducing a paci and we're just not sure if the time has come. Also, so sorry about G and the possible intolerance. I hope you figure out exactly what the problem is soon, and find a simple way of dealing with it.

23. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

Has anyone tried dream feeds at night? We sort of did once accidentally when they went to bed early and they barely woke up to eat. We haven't tried it since though. We are going to try it tonight though. I'm nervous about the logistics!! Do we really not change diapers? Will they really just stay sleepy? They've been sleeping great but the timing has been crazy so we're trying to adjust things so they still have a long stretch of sleep but don't wake up for the day at 4am!

24. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@twodoghouse: what I thought a dream feed was, wake baby just before I wanted to go to bed, nurse, put back down. They never worked with my DD, still woke at her usual wake times so it ended up being extra on me, that ended in a hurry, lol.

Right now I don't change C from bedtime til am unless he messed up his poop sched and has poops! It really speeds up the night wakings and no issues on our end!

25. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Post partum hair loss has begun over here. So gross.

Still have AF and I am delightfully miserable about it!

DH is home for a couple days, it's honestly easier without him. I don't know if it's because I have adjusted to new normal, so I am struggling. On paper this is what I want, but my actions and feelings say different, bah.

C had his best night last night and is now going down between 8-830, it's a game changer for me.

26. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Beebug: Interesting about not changing diapers in the middle of the night wakings! My LOs never poop in the night, so I wonder if I could get away with that.

Awesome about C going down at 8-8:30. We are trying that tonight to see what affect it has on night wake up times. Blake went down like an angel but Miss Drama over here wanted none of that. Ended up nursing, giving a bottle and nursing again and she is finally asleep in my arms. Afraid to put her in her crib!!

I'm sorry about the uncertainty about DH being home. It sounds like such a stressful situation and sort of no win - stressful solo parenting and stressful with him home. Still sending you lots of good thoughts and love!

27. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@twodoghouse: I stopped night changing like 2w ago. He goes in a sposie at night like DD and yah....they both go full stretch unless poop!

28. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: I started losing my hair about 2 weeks ago. HATE. And I'm sorry that things with DH are still not good Yay for the better nights though! Fingers crossed they are here to stay.

@twodoghouse: Fia doesn't understand how to dream feed. First of all, I can't pick her up without her waking up. Second, if she is asleep (or even just really tired) she doesn't suck. She just leaves her mouth hang open and even wiggling the bottle around in there does nothing, she just lets the milk drool out the side of her mouth lol. Girlfriend is committed to sleep when it is happening.

I also do not change dipes overnight anymore. That is new in the last week though. Now that I'm doing the double swaddle with her, changing her in the middle of the tonight is such a huge PITA. And she usually would get up around like... 6am or so to eat, then go back own until 8/8:30. So I felt like... meh what's another 2 hours? Didn't seem to bother her at all and she never poops overnight.

I don't want to jinx us but to balance out all the eating drama I think, Fia has had her best 2 nights ever the last 2 nights. Slept 9:30-8 and then 9:30-7:30.

ETA: We do disposables at night too. She wakes up angry and wet in cloth.

29. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@twodoghouse: I also don't change in the middle of the night unless he poops or pees through. I've been using different diapers (cloth) on him at night and they are working to contain the massive amounts of pee this child has. I love not changing him! Makes it much faster. Also for dreamfeeds, I was doing one but alas S was still waking at the same times so I cut it out. Hasn't seemed to phase him. I did do it with R though and it worked wonders! Something to try at least!

@Beebug: Sorry to hear you're dealing with stress with DH being home, that must be so tough on you! Sorry if I missed this, but who is going to take care of the children when you are recovering?

@Glitter: We ended up giving S a pacifier since he is also a comfort nurser. I am doing better but I felt so guilty about it.

30. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@Mae: @Beebug: ugh add me to the group of losing hair. So sad to see after I shower.

31. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mae: I'm having the same problem with A right now. Blake did perfectly, but Alice will NOT wake up at all. I guess I did too good of a job nursing her to sleep two hours ago. Dream feed fail. And of course even if it's working fine for Blake, if Alice wakes to eat in the night I'll wake him too so their schedules aren't totally out of whack and I don't have to feed babies all night long. Sigh.

32. Keds

coffee bean / 39 posts

@twodoghouse: we also don't change diapers overnight unless absolutely necessary. We did a dream feed with E when she was a baby. It worked great for awhile and then it didn't seem to make a difference so we cut it out. We never picked her up though. We'd just reach in the crib with a bottle and wiggle it into her mouth until she'd start to suck and then she 'd suck it all down in her sleep. It was pretty amazing actually. Sometimes she wouldn't take it right away so we'd kind of have to wiggle it around or take it out and put it back in her mouth until she realized it was there. Haven't tried it with R yet but I might have to soon to see if it helps. She's started going down about 8:30-9 and sleeping till about 1 or 2 but then she gets up every 2 hrs from there. Sucks bc she was sleeping really well a few weeks ago. I think we 'be hit the 3 month growth spurt so maybe this will pass.

If Alice wakes up, can you try to dream feed Blake again so you don't have to wake him up? I totally understand about wanting to keep their schedules synced. I can't even imagine having 2 of them waking up at all different times.

@Beebug: I'm sorry to hear things are still difficult with DH. I've been thinking about you a lot and how hard/exhausting this must be solo. I'm sure it is also hard now that you've sort of settled into your own routine. Sending you lots of good (and patient) thoughts.

I'm with you on the hair loss. My hair is shedding like crazy and it is disgusting. I keep finding hairs stuck to the baby and I constantly feel like I have something crawling on me, only to find out it is just more hair that has fallen out. I have a totally irrational fear/dislike of drains and having to touch them freaks me out and makes me want to gag so having to clean gobs of hair out is the worst. ugh... Just thinking about it again gives me the creeps!

33. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@cheesetomywhine: DHs parents were apparently coming up. They have a trailer and were going to stay at a local campground they have stayed at before. They are obviously well aware of our current "situation" but we really haven't heard from them so I'm going to stop banking on it. Daycare is on vacay and so DD needs to be "covered" still, DS will stay with DH and come to hospital with me in am so I can nurse him right before going in. My mom is taking the next day off, she will have DD then. DH could probably handle both, but I will likely be ready to come home during her naptime and we don't often mess with her sleep, so I'm going to have to get thinking.

@Keds: @cheesetomywhine: @Mae: @twodoghouse: thanks for thoughts/love/hugs

C woke 1:45 to nurse, was up and back down in 15 mins and here I am can't sleep. Been a bit of an insomniac with one waking a night the last few nights, trouble getting back to sleep, and I'm stuck in my head trying to figure how to turn thigs around with DH and I'm just clueless with where my head is at. Bleh! I suppose all the problems of the world are never solved at this hour, need to shut my brain off!

Dog is snoring, haha. Doesn't help my cause for sleep.

34. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@Beebug: I hope you got back to sleep! Once fia moved to 1 wakeup per night and I was less exhausted I started having trouble getting back to sleep too. Frustrating bc you want to sleep so bad but just lay there for an hr+. Fia got up at 430 this morning but I'm not surprised bc I could only fight her into eating 1.5 oz before bed so I expected she would wake up hungry. At least our first feed of the day is generally not dramatic bc she is either too hungry or too tired to fight it. Holding her upright for required 20 min now then hoping I can sleep. I'm skipping pumping bc I'm so exhausted right now. Busy weekend!

35. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

Well they slept till 3:30, so not bad. Blake was definitely sleepier than Alice at that wake up, so it makes we wonder how long they would have gone if Alice had taken an extra bottle at the dream feed. DH really wanted to try giving them bigger bottles in the middle of the night to see if it would extend their second stretch of sleep (right now they only go 1.5-2 hrs for second half of night). Well that totally backfired and they got overfull. Blake sort of spit up the excess and settled down but Alice is having a meltdown with DH while I pump. What a nightmare. Hope she settles soon because Blake is usually up for the day around 5-5:15 and it's 4:22 now!

36. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

@twodoghouse: gah good luck!

37. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@Mae: I ended up going out to the couch after two hours awake in bed. I think I was asleep in 5 mins. Annoying how a change like that can be it sometimes!! Hope you got back to sleep!

@twodoghouse: oh no on overfull! Hope they got settled again quick so you could get a bit more shut eye!

The wakings 5am on blow, he is so hard to keep settled and asleep and the overtired Ma in me would rather get up 20x to put paci back in (after he spits it out) so I can lay in bed a little longer than just get up.

38. Mae

papaya / 10343 posts

Anyone else think their LO may be going through a wonder week or growth spurt or something? Fiona's been weird lately (which I know is hard to quantify in a baby anyways-- esp one with as many feeding issues as she has that can make her unpredictable).

First-- she gets hyper now! She's so much more wiggly and when she gets overtired she's like on hyperdrive or something. She shakes her head back and forth and flails like she's fighting her way through a spider web lol. Also she seems to be practicing trying to roll in her sleep? She is moving a lot more than she used to during naps and waking herself up. and she seems to realllllly want her arms out more than ever before... but if we let her have them then she just rubs her own face/head and won't sleep lol. I have to assume this is some sort of body awareness leap or something.... but it's sort of equal parts amusing and a bit frustrating when she's all crazy

39. Mamasig

pomegranate / 3565 posts

@Mae: I never followed the wonder weeks so I'm not sure about that. They never seemed to correlate to DS' behavior.

I do think Leo just had a growth spurt because he was waking up to eat every 2-3 hours at night for two nights even though we had gotten down to one wake up. That passed and now he back to just waking up once. Yay! Just in time for me to go back to work.

Speaking of, I'm sitting here at work doing nothing because my computer is no longer recognized by the network since it hasn't been used in months. So I have to wait for a new computer. So annoying, I could be home with my boys!!

40. twodoghouse

honeydew / 7230 posts

@Mae: My LOs went through the exact same thing last week. Wonder week or growth spurt I figured. They seem to be through it now? They've been going down well for (short) naps today unlike last week, so that's an improvement!

@Mamasig: So frustrating about your work computer!

@Beebug: Hope you managed to get some rest! Is today your surgery? Hope you're doing well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee