Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Oh that's so exciting!!!! Those girls really seem to know their stuff...I read through so many threads and they were usually spot on:) I really hope they are right! Btw, do they not do early elective scans for gender in your area?

@enjollah: That's awesome that you snuck a peek! How long until you know for sure?

@GoGoSnoGirl: How lucky to find them at a consignment shop! I am annoyed with how $$ nice maternity clothes are, especially for work! I have been hitting online sales and ordering things here and there, but some of it is still CRAZY even "on sale." The only place I can find skinny work pants in navy to wear with my knee boots (my comfy new Frye boots are my new wardrobe every day staple so all of my purchases revolve around them lol) is Jcrew and even with a 25% off code, they are still $80. They are in my cart but I feel ridiculous spending that on maternity work pants. I am going to be wearing them like 3 days a work week from now until the baby comes if I actually do spring for them!

@Mrs. Lovejoy: What surprises me is when women who have been pregnant before say derogatory things about pregnant women physical stuff! I was always pretty sensitive about that stuff (I think!) because I'm already sensitive about my weight even when not pregnant so I'm very careful and positive to others. But since I've been pregnant, I don't even so much as ask a woman if she IS pregnant. I mean no matter how huge her belly is. I can't IMAGINE feeling the need to make a comment saying anything other than "You look adorable!!!"

Speaking of maternity clothes. I got in the JBrand maternity jeans I ordered with the side panels instead of the over-the-belly panel. Guys. I love them SO MUCH. They fit just like my prepreg jeans but the waist is so comfy and has so much room for growing, and they designed them in a way that muffin top will never come into play even though they hit in the back exactly where my prepreg jeans hit. The muffin top problem is what led me to admit the prepreg jeans needed to be retired:)

Anyway, I love nice jeans, and I splurged on 1 pair of Jbrands since I only get to really wear jeans on the weekend anyway. I'd rather have one pair of super awesome jeans that make me feel fantastic than 3 pairs of jeans that are just okay and make me feel less than fantastic. The last time I was pregnant I had one pair of AG maternity jeans and I wore them OUT. I mean OUT. They have holes in them near the panel, lol. But the panel thing annoyed me because I wore so many ruched tshirts and you cold see the line. So I splurged on these Jbrands and so glad I did. With the coupon code I had, they were not bad at all.

Just in case anyone wants to do something nice for themselves this fine Friday, I have 2 coupon codes that will get you 20% off some nice maternity stuff, including those jbrands...

Pickles and Ice cream - code: BELLE
    JBRAND website has 20% off F&F through end of today - code: FRIEND14

Oh how I love these:
    http://www.picklesandicecream.com/products/j-brand-maternity-starless-denim-legging

http://www.jbrandjeans.com/womens_maternity/pl/c/30.html

2. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm sure they do (we're right outside NYC), but DH is opposed

There's a Pea in the Pod/Motherhood Maternity outlet where we are headed for Thanksgiving, so I'm holding out hope that I can find some nice jeans on sale!

3. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: I need to look at those! I also had AG maternity last time (LOVED THEM), but I oddly lost some weight postpartum in my legs and now they look so ridiculous. I'm pretty sad they don't fit (but of course happy I lost weight in my problem area). I'll have to look at the JBrand! I've never had them before. And I say splurge on the Jcrew pants. If you'll wear them that much, it will be worth it. Two good pair of maternity pants is very necessary!

4. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I am going to just wear my coat unbuttoned if it gets to the point I can't button it. But I am on the SC coast near the beach so it doesn't get brutally cold here. I think I saw some reasonable ones from ON maternity? And then when we were in there a couple of weeks ago, I saw a woman trying on a super cute non maternity pea coat and thought to myself that would be an option too, just buy a larger size in non maternity and not spend too much on it:)

5. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I probably will just get them, dang it:) I bought leggings from A pea in the pod, and they are not see through, but I still wouldn't be comfortable wearing them without a long shirt for work, it just doesn't seem appropriate. I am like SeptMomma12, I was in warm weather/FL when I was pregnant with LO1 so I got away with all dresses for work, and easy stuff like maxi skirts and tanks on the weekend. So none of my old maternity stuff is applicable. I'm starting from scratch and I feel like it's a slow and expensive process. Btw I could be wrong but AG may make side panel jeans? I wasn't into J brand yet with my last pregnancy or I'd look at AG again for sure....And I wore them out so bad when I was pregnant with H that they would definitely have to be repaired and I'm too freakin' lazy for that, lol.

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: You just made my day to hear JCrew has maternity pants! Their jeans are my absolute favorite - the only ones that fit me well. I am ordering a maternity pair to try

And I say go for the pants. If you are really going to wear them that much, it's totally worth it!

7. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: They have 25% off now and free shipping on all of their maternity pants/jeans:)

I sound like the May 2015 shopaholic with all of my codes but I've just really been digging around for maternity stuff since I have nothing!

8. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: It's good to have a shopaholic in the group! I got Sorel snow boots 25% off the other day with a code someone else posted

9. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Would you order your true pre-pregnancy size in the JCrew jeans? Or would you go up a size?

10. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Ah I wish I had seen that post earlier! I so wanted a pair. Did you get the Joan of Arctic, or a different pair? I like so many of them.

11. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: True prepreg size...From what I can tell from the reviews, the Minnie pant that I'm stalking, they run a tad big. One thing I love about Jcrews is the solid reviews. Especially on maternity, a lot of women post about sizing and most of the ones I read say TTS (prepreg) or a tiny bit big:)

12. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Oh I just realized their jeans have the magical side panels! Yay! I hope you love them too!

13. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: @SeptMomma12: I have the minnie pre-preg and agree they run pretty big. True to size should fit well through the whole pregnancy!

14. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Is the leg on the Minnie pant as skinny as it looks? I want them specifically to go into knee boots, and I like the leg to be tight for a clean line...I don't need to add any bulk anywhere lol

15. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I am working from home today, not driving around like a crazy person like usual. It's nice to chat with you girls!

16. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: It is pretty tight everywhere on me, but I have a tinge wider calves. I think the only place you may think it's not wide is right at the very bottom. But, it shouldn't be too bad in a boot, maybe just a tiny bit of bulk?

17. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: haha same here! I never just chat on here.

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thanks! I can roll with that

19. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I got the Joan of Arctic. They came yesterday, but I haven't opened them yet. Hoping they work. It gets pretty icy at the train station sometimes in the morning, and I figure I won't have the best balance anyway this winter

20. FSUAliss

pea / 10 posts

I went for my 12 week appointment today and baby's heartbeat was 164 bpm! I was so relieved to hear it. The doctor tried using the doppler first but there was so much interference and she couldn't get a reading. She said she could hear a little but I didn't hear a thing. The doc then took us to the ultrasound machine and then we were able to hear it. Has this happened to anyone else? The doctor seemed to think that sometimes the doppler doesn't work well as early as 12 weeks but I always read that other people have had success using a doppler much earlier than 12 weeks.

21. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@FSUAliss: My doctor was able to get the baby's heartbeat on the doppler at my 9 week visit, but he warned us several times there was a good chance he wouldn't and would need to do an ultrasound. They are still so tiny now and can be hard to find. I wouldn't worry about it at all - as long as you saw/heard the heartbeat on ultrasound, baby is good

22. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

So sorry I've been absent on here. I've been reading everything, just haven't found much to post about.

We were team green with my son and, even though EVERY ONE told me it was going to be a boy, I still had a small hope it was a girl. DH comes from a family of 3 boys, and there are only 2 girls in a sea full of boys in his extended family....so I know my chances seem small.
    I have very small hopes this time for a girl. I tried looking at our ultrasound pics last night to find a nub...but I can't really tell. We'll be finding out this time. Our u/s is scheduled for a week before Christmas and I'll have them write it down so that DH and I can open it together for Christmas. Hopefully I won't be tooooo disappointed when I find out it's another boy haha.

Also, one of my good friends (our 1st kids are 1 day apart) just had her 2nd little girl a couple of days ago. We'd been going over names that we both like for a while and when I mentioned my favorite girl's name to her, she said she liked it but that it wouldn't work for them. Haha then I found out a few weeks ago that it became their #1 choice. She told me she wouldn't use it if I asked her not to, but that just seems silly and self-important to me. I found out today that she did, in fact, give her new daughter that name. It's only a small kick to the gut because I love her and her kids and I think it'll be a beautiful name for her little girl.

23. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Keppa: That is such a good idea to open your gender reveal on Christmas! Wow, if I was not the most annoyingly impatient person in the world, I would have really loved to have done that! How special!!!! I'm jealous, lol.
    And you are such a good person to sacrifice your girl name. I would feel really weird if my best friend kind of swiped my first choice name, but I see what you'e saying - you don't know if you are having a girl and it seemed unreasonable to hoard it in the event you didn't get to use it. Your BF is brave! I don't think I'd have the courage to admit to a friend that I'm actually taking her first choice name. While she is also pregnant. She has some guts! Do you have a second choice name? Will your first choice haunt you forever if it's a girl?

24. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Keppa: That's a great idea! We find out on Dec 23 and I've wondered if we should find out Christmas morning Except i'm impatient so I think we'll find out, then do ornament reveals for his mom and gma

25. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Keppa: I like that idea too! I think we are going the same day. I don't know if we could wait. But it sure would be fun!!

26. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

@PrincessBaby: Yeah I thought it was kind of gutsy of her too, to be honest. But I think the name fits perfectly with her first daughter. I think the hardest part is that all of our mutual mom friends are telling her how much they LOVE the name. She's been kind and mentioned that it kind of came from me though. I have a list of names I'll have to sort through now. That has been my top name for quite a few years. I might still use it too...I won't really think too much about that until we know the sex.

@blackbird: @Mrs. Lovejoy: Thanks - yeah I like the idea of finding out on Christmas. Hopefully the excitment of the day will outweigh any slight gender disappointment I might feel

27. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Had my appointment this week for my leg. 5 more weeks of non-weight bearing on my right leg. Argggg. At least I get to walk at Christmas.
    In good news I have my next OB appointment this week. Also, today I went to the big fancy mall with a Gap Maternity and it was additional 50% off sale items! So I feel much better prepared for work (clothing-wise) in the next couple months.

28. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

How is everyone feeling? Is everyone staying warm?

I thought pregnancy made you warmer but that must be a later trimester thing because I am stacking the layers in this weather!

29. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@MsHangry: oh I went for that 50% off sale deal too! Found a few cute tops for $5 a piece. Sorry you still have 5 more weeks non-weight bearing on your leg. Hopefully it goes by fast!

Feeling pretty good, but still haven't found a pair of maternity pants, so I feel either like a sausage or too frumpy - every. single. day. Hoping to find a good pair this weekend. My morning sickness has significantly lessened, I'm just waiting for my full energy to come back! (or will it never, because I already have a LO running around at home? )

30. blackbird

@MsHangry: yeah no, it's 12 degrees today. Ain't nothing keeping me warm!

31. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@MsHangry: I have been FREEZING! That's actually on my list of questions for the doctor this week. I do not remember being so cold with my first.

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I hate the way maternity pants fit. I bought two pairs this weekend at Gap and within minutes they were sagging so bad in the butt. Just not at all attractive. I'm mostly wearing my regular pants unbuttoned/unzipped with the belly band thing.

I told my boss this morning. As suspected, he said he knew months ago! I closed his door and he immediately said "So when are you due?" But it all went fine and it feels better not to have to hide it anymore. (Not that I really can hide - my stomach is unreal.)

32. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Also, I ordered a bunch of these shirts from Gap and they are great. So soft and really long, which was my issue last time.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1023988&vid=1&pid=915675142

33. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: These are my favorite shirts. and unlike the vast majority of my other maternity clothes, were long enough to last until the end. the t-shirts get some serious wear in my house

34. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: @MsHangry: I've been freezing too. I asked my dr about it and my iron level was normal so they don't know.

I 'm still in my normal clothes over here, the belly is just nonexistent. I swear it was bigger last time!

35. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: yes! that's how I feel with maternity pants. But my current pants are just horrible. I have cramps today and just want to take them OFF. haha. And thanks for the tip on those shirts, I'll have to get some!

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I know the feeling! I had problems with preterm contractions last pregnancy (ended up on bed rest for 8 weeks) and absolutely couldn't have pants touching my stomach. It was an easy solution since it was summer but don't know what I will do if that happens this time

37. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

I go from freezing to boiling so quick! It is summmer here though so its not exactly cold. We are still on holidays but heading home next week. It's going to be hoooot!
    I think i have just popped a little belly now nothing really noticable and my maternity shorts and skirts are still a little big but normal pants are too tight.

38. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Fashion PSA: The JCrew maternity jeans came and they are amazing! I accidentally ordered black, so I am definitely ordering a denim pair too, as soon as they go on sale again.

Hope everyone is feeling well!

39. chanada

cherry / 147 posts

14.5 weeks now. The past few weeks I've been getting and feeling very bloated looking like I'm 5 months pregnant and other days I can fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes no problem.

Anyone else have bloating issues? I find it sometimes happens after meals.

Advice?

40. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: that's so good to know! I'm still on the hunt for jeans, so I may get those! Thanks!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee