Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

we are not a chatty group!

2. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@blackbird: No, I guess not. I'll come check the board every other day or so, but I never feel like I have anything interesting to add. Sometimes I'll check it a few days after I should have congratulated someone and I feel really bad about posting! I think we also have a small group of posters. I look at the April thread though and am amazed at how long it is!

Did anybody do a Halloween themed announcement? I had *three* friends post a Halloween announcement that they were due in early May and I decided to just keep it to myself, lol.

3. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I never really have anything to add either. I'm just OBSESSED with what gender the baby is, and I drive myself insane by investigating theories, especially Ramzi. I don't want to expose any of you to my crazy. But I really enjoy combing old threads on different sites on Ramzi and people saying what side their tech said their placenta is on, and I guess they have their kids ages/genders in their signature so you can see if it actually worked for them or not:) Most of the time it does, but I still see a good bit that it wasn't true for. My placenta is on the right, which indicates boy, and that's what my gut is, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up for either gender. I wanted a boy SO BAD for my first and I feel like the biggest asshole mom in the world for that, because I have such an awesome DD and she is totally my buddy:) So I'm trying to avoid hoping for one gender but I'm just going nuts over here.

So see? Nothing to share other than rattling on about gender. We find out 11/11. TUESDAY.

And we haven't even formally announced yet. Sadly, we just haven't had time to do our little Thing 1/Thing 2 photo shoot. We were going to do it last week but LO got HFM and felt like crap, and I've traveled for work this week, so it's looking like this weekend!

Hope everyone is feeling well:)

4. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Saw baby #2 again this morning and it looks great. My office now does a short ultrasoubd at each appt instead of the Doppler which is pretty cool but I've seen a few things online about the unknown safety of ultrasounds so I'm conflicted lol. I had a chai tea latte on the way to the appt and it was a huge jumping bean she could barely get the heartbeat! When she got it, it was 180 which is crazy high! My sons never got higher than 155

5. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blackbird: I know.. I always check but then don't write anything.
    @PrincessBaby: awesome that you get to find out next week!!
    @jetsa: wow, I am jealous about the short US each appointment.

My big appointment next week is also 11/11 but it is with the orthopedist. Hopefully I can start bearing weight again on my right leg. It will be 8 weeks non-weight bearing and I'm ready to be done with crutches.
    I have started being more public with the news but we aren't planning on any Facebook announcements. It feels weird to suddenly tell people this huge secret!

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I am so jealous that you will know gender in just a few days! I scheduled my anatomy scan today for January 6 - still SO far away. Our hospital will not do them before 20 weeks and my 20 weeks falls between Cheistmas and New Years, so we have to wait

@MsHangry: You poor thing on crutches! I already feel off balance, my belly is so big. Fingers crossed you get good news!

Had my NT scan today and everything looked good Baby was literally pushing off the sides of my uterus and doing flips. Was so funny! My son was never super active so maybe this one is making up for it. I was really hoping for a good nub shot, but almost all the pics she gave us are close ups of the head. Just got this one that I'm not even sure has a nub. Any experts?

7. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I am terrible at nub theory:( My daughter had what looked to be a boy nub, and our u/s tech at our NT scan said she was like 75% sure it was a boy. Definitely a girl, so that rubbed me the wrong way about the nub theory. Also, this time, my tech put some quick videos on a cd for me to share with my husband since he was away at work for my NT scan, and I slowed the videos and tried to take photos to get a nub and it basically boggled my mind at how any movement changes what's visible or how it looks so much. And I knew that the cord was in between baby's legs bc the tech told me and turned on the blood flow "button" to show me, so when the baby was moving in the video and I was able to watch it slow-motion, the cord was moving too and I couldn't tell what was cord for sure or what may have been nub. So I gave up. Sorry I'm not more help! By the same token, I'm obsessed with Ramzi. And anxious to see if it's right for us bc my placenta is on my right which according to ramzi is boy!

Congratulations on a good nt scan!

8. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MsHangry: I can't imagine being pregnant and on crutches! I hope you are healed enough to bear weight and lose them!

9. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@SeptMomma12: congrats on the great NT scan!

I am of no help with the nub theory, sorry!

10. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@kick641: no announcement yet, but I need to soon, because me trying to hide this thing just makes me feel fat!

@jetsa: that is amazing that you get an U/S at every appointment! Yay to see your jumping bean

@MsHangry: that's how I felt last time and this. Like it's awkward to share because maybe it's so personal? Ah I don't know, I'm not much of an over sharer anyway.

@SeptMomma12: so glad your scan went great! Adorable little one! No idea on the theory, wish it was easy and reliable!

11. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I am officially retiring my pre pregnancy jeans as of yesterday. They are now digging into me and I am moving on to maternity jeans. A pair I wanted was sold out everywhere online in my size, and I ran across a site called Pickles and Ice Cream that I'd never heard of before that stocked them, and found a coupon code for 20% off with no designer exclusions. So I was able to get the J Brands I ordered for a great price:) If anyone is interested, the code is BELLE. My jeans from my last pregnancy are full belly band, and I'm excited to try the under belly ones...The belly band shows through my tees and itched me a little:)

Farewell, jeans. See ya next summer

15 week bump

12. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: That is the best name for a maternity store ever And you look great!

13. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Thank you! I'm definitely feeling heavier/bigger! My boobs - Gah! I've also got to get bigger bras. I'm getting that attractive double boob on each side where the cup will cut into me if I'm not readjusting it all the time. It's all happening now, lol...

14. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm actually jealous. I have small boobs and they have not grown an inch with either pregnancy. I feel like I'm getting cheated!

15. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I feel like mine JUST blew up, like in the past week! They are still really tender, that has actually never let up (and I can't remember if it was that way when I was pregnant the first time?), and so I've felt really sensitive to the fact that I'm crammed into my bras this past week...I know you are slightly behind me so maybe next week or the week after you will wake up with a huge set of knockers

Fingers crossed:)

16. blackbird

Yeah i moved in maternity pants a long time ago and outgrew my bras already. Sigh. I've gained a good amount less than I did the first time around, but it's like my body wants to jump right to a 5 month bump and chill out there for a bit. I'm wearing the turquoise dress that I wore to E's first birthday and it's tighter around my chest than it was so it probably won't be worn much longer! Oh well.

17. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

I am the opposite 2nd time moms, I'm smaller than last time and I'm nowhere near ready to wear maternity pants. I lost a pound at my appt but I'm wondering if quitting nursing will turn that around. I've have a small appetite which is the opposite of last time too.

18. blackbird

@jetsa: my appetite's also small compared to the first time around! So crazy how different they are

19. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: it's insane, I eat 6 times a day to avoid nausea but small meals!

20. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

My appetite is insane with this one. And so unhealthy! With my son, all I wanted was fruit and cheese. With this one, all I want is chips and candy. And Chipotle. I didn't know it was possible to eat as much Chipotle as I am eating now

At my last appt (9 weeks), I hadn't gained any weight, but who knows how long that will continue with this appetite.

21. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@SeptMomma12: oh, I love Chipotle & just realized they opened one near my work... I'm sure I'm going to be there a lot myself!

I feel so chunky, but not "bump-y" still. By the scale I've only gained 1-2 lbs but feel big. I've been living in stretchy pants this last week. And my breasts are much bigger than they were. My husband loves it & if they weren't so uncomfortable, so would I!

22. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

Ah, I'm right on the same page with those that are ravenous. I so wish my appetite was smaller. But my belly wants to be FULL all the time and it's not happy unless it is. I haven't weighed myself in two weeks and I'm a little nervous. But, hopefully not more than 1 - 2 lbs. Moved into maternity jeans this morning and just like last time I'm wondering "why did I wait so long?!". Glorious maternity pants.

23. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Work knows and was great about it as always! Phew, that announcement had me nervous

24. blackbird

yay! So nice to have that over with!

25. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: exactly, nothing to be nervous about yet I was. They just wanted to make sure I was coming back lol.

26. blackbird

@jetsa: psh i was super nervous to tell my new boss (considering it was my second week of work) but he was just psyched and wanted to know how long I'd be out. Such is life women having babies and such

27. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: haha yea, I'm the only employee with less than 15 years experience and under 40 so they haven't dealt with it much. Most of my coworkers kids are grown, the only 2 young ones are 7 & 8

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Nice! I think I am going to tell my boss tomorrow. I know he has already figured it out (he figured it out last time and I wasn't even showing at all), but I'm still nervous.

29. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: Awesome! I was going to tell my boss today, but he was on PTO. Hopefully tomorrow!

@SeptMomma12: Let me know how it goes! Hopefully we both go through with it and they're excited and supportive

30. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

I told my boss this last Fri & was so nervous!! She was great--even emotional!--but then followed that up with a story about how excited she was to get back to work after her mat leave. May have a hard time finishing my conversation with her as I progress about wanting to go to part time & strictly working from home at the very most!!

Also, today met my ob who was great, heard the hb on their Doppler, AND got our Verify results: baby looks normal & it looks like we are having a !!

31. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: Oh my goodness, congratulations on your little girl!!!!! That is wonderful news!!!! How awesome to already know! Is this your first? I tried to look back and find your info but I couldn't...I have a DD and I am so glad I had a girl first - she is my Little Buddy/Mini Me/Partner in Crime! Just to drive my mom nuts I always say, "DD is my homey!" bc my mom hated when Beyonce said that about Blue Ivy- she thought it was dumb - and so I say that all the time to annoy her but it's totally true:)

We have our gender u/s at 11:30am est and I am nervous. I have thought boy all along, but I think that Ramzi theory may have swayed my thinking. And I thought my daughter was a boy, so clearly I am no psychic.

My husband, who is always right about things (annoying! haha) says he thinks girl, and the baby has a very girly nub at 12w scan (I thought the nub was the umbilical cord, but it turns out I have no idea what I'm looking at). So for the past couple of days I am hard-core doubting my gut feeling and am thinking we are going to get girl news today.

I actually posted my u/s photo on one of those gender expert sites, and got a lot of girl responses too. They did say that 12w was early and it could still rise, but I don't know.

I also have researched Ramzi heavily and basically the "study" that is based on 5000 ultrasounds that shows 97% accuracy can't really be verified bc it's not peer-reviewed or in any medical journals. It's a paper he published, based on his findings. I'm not saying it's baloney, but as a drug rep who loves data and clinical outcomes, it crushed my hopes of the Ramzi theory being totally legit and is making me doubt that my right posterior placenta means boy.

Ok I am just rambling to avoid getting dressed for work:) Hope everyone has a great morning and I'll let you know if we're Team Pink or Team Blue!

32. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@PrincessBaby: yes, this will be my first LO! I've been waiting to see your result here, today, too.

33. blackbird

@GoGoSnoGirl: Hooray! That's so exciting!!!

34. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: it'll be fine!
    @SeptMomma12: haha mine had no clue but oh well.
    @GoGoSnoGirl: so exciting about having a girl! I cut back to 4 days with my first and I love it.

35. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: Congrats on your girl! How exciting!!!! I am dying to know what we are having, but have to wait til January 6

@PrincessBaby: Good luck today! Make sure you update us

I ended up having to work from home today, so I won't be able to talk to my boss til tomorrow...

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

I tried to update the list to show the genders we know, and added in a few ladies who joined a couple of pages back. Hopefully this is correct!

May Mamas
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut, Princessbaby
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh, Mrs Sketchbook
    May 8th: LC
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Xmaskidjr
    May 14th: Rrachael
    May 15th: Kick641, Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12
    May 22nd: Mrs Lovejou, Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Tippy0707
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Jetsa
    May 28th: FSUAliss
    May 30th: BabyPenguinXO

37. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Updated for your GIRL!

May Mamas
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut, Princessbaby
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh, Mrs Sketchbook
    May 8th: LC
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Xmaskidjr
    May 14th: Rrachael
    May 15th: Kick641, Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12
    May 22nd: Mrs Lovejou, Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Tippy0707
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Jetsa
    May 28th: FSUAliss
    May 30th: BabyPenguinXO

38. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Thank you! I thought I wanted a boy more but I am so excited about my 2 Girls! I can't believe we're going to have TWO of them running around! LO is going to LOVE having a little sister and I'm so excited to see them buddy up:). I love my gorgeous girl so much, what a huge blessing to get a 2nd one:)

And just for fun, I wanted to share our announcement photo we did over the weekend:). I'll take it down soon:)

THING 2 ARRIVING SPRING 2015

39. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: She is adorable! How old is she?

40. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: adorable! Congrats!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee