Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Thank you ! She'll be 2 on 12-4:). She'll be right around 2yrs5mo when DD2 gets here....

@blackbird: Thank you!

2. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@PrincessBaby: what a cutie pie! Yay for two cute little sisters!

3. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: yay, congratulations!!! And put that pic back up! (I really need to just suck it up and go gold)

4. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: thank you!!!
    @Mrs. Lovejoy:

5. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

@PrincessBaby: aw congrats on the baby girl news! I don't have a sister but many of my close friends do and the bond/relationship between 2 sisters is so special and unique! I'm often envious! And an additional plus is that you can pass down lo1's old clothes!

@GoGoSnoGirl: I cant believe you found out you're having a girl already! I believe we have the same due date! It makes me put a lot of hope into my 12 week appointment tomorrow. Congrats!

Update: my constant nausea has decreased from all day to only in the evenings. It sucks but I guess it's somewhat reassuring that the baby's still alive and growing in there. I have my 12 week checkup tomorrow and then my NT scan on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to getting another glimpse at our little bean! I haven't switched to maternity pants yet cuz things still fit and aren't too snug yet.. But at the same time it's cuz I still have food aversion, especially during dinner. I still drink a glass of tea or two once a day and have been trying to keep up with exercise at least 2-3x a week. LO1 is going through major sleep regression so our sleep at night has been sucking! I hope he gets his act together soon cuz mama needs her rest before LO2 comes! We're finally going to tell my in laws the news later this week when they're in town. I have a feeling MIL may have negative feelings of keeping the secret for so long.. I told my mom at 6 weeks! Anyway, glad to see that everyone's doing good for the most part!

6. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@enjollah: maybe she'll just buy that you wanted to tell her in person hope you feel better soon!

7. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: Oh my goodness. The cutest! She's beautiful

@enjollah: good luck at your appointment tomorrow, let us know how it goes! And glad you'll be able to tell your in laws, will be nice to get it off your chest!

I found out at my appointment today that I have a UTI. I've been so incredibly uncomfortable for the last few days, but apparently I've had it since halloween! (so about a week and a half). They called after my last appointment after discovering it and left a voicemail, but I never listened to it. They even had my prescription filled, I just never knew :(.

And apparently I'm a glutton for punishment today because I just spontaneously snipped the ends off LO's binkies and she's now crying in her crib. I really want to get rid of them, but I'm not sure why today? Please day, just be over!

8. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@enjollah: Well good luck at your 12w appt & NT scan. To warn you, we got our news about having a girl via the blood test Verifi (non-invasive prenatal testing). I'm an AMA (aka old, lol) mama, so they recommend it instead of NT scan alone & amnio/CVS later on. We opted to learn the sex while they were testing other genetic markers. But yeah, so cool to know so early--both the sex & that our risks are less for defects given the negative findings.

@Mrs. Lovejoy: sorry you have a uti... That's no fun at all! Hope you get over it quickly with the Rx. I just learned they are common in pregnancy at my appt yesterday when I asked why I'll need to do a pee test at all of my appts.

9. blackbird

@GoGoSnoGirl: I LOVED knowing early with E. It was like a fun little secret to know for so long and after having two losses, it helped me come to grips that I was having an actual baby, not just a conceptual one

10. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@blackbird: agreed!! Knowing the sex has made it even more real than have the 3 u/s's we've had already.

11. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Ugh let me know how the pacifier thing goes. We really need to do that before baby comes, but I am totally dreading it. We had been talking about "leaving it for Santa" but then he was freaking out anytime he saw a picture of Santa, or even heard the name. So that kinda backfired!

@blackbird: Are you finding out the sex early with this one too?

12. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: Nope, I'm not eligible this time around. I have to wait until 20 weeks just like everybody else!

When are you guys dropping pacis for your first kids? I sort of just don't want to do it before the baby comes because she'll need it/want it then....I have reduced it to bed time/nap/car rides. She can play with them but if they go in her mouth, i pull them out and hide them. So maybe when she's a little over 2? I dunno

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: LO turned 2 in September, and I think we are going to take it away sometime over the Christmas break. I want it gone before baby, and I feel like it's starting to impact his teeth. (I have been putting off the dentist visit for that reason!) DH and I are both off for a week over Christmas, so if we have some bad nights, maybe it won't feel so bad. We got rid of it in the car about 6 months ago, and it wasn't bad, but he is super attached to having it at night. It's been frustrating because he dropped it himself at day care when he moved to the toddler room - said "No, I'm big boy!" the very first day at nap. But he refuses to do that at home:(

14. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: Boooo. I think we're thinking between 2 and 2.5 like your LO is, too. I don't know if she's more attached to the stuffed animal or the paci portion.

15. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Can you cut the stuffed animal off? I know I've seen people do that. I know I'll probably use a paci again with this baby because they are miracle workers, but ugh, so stressful to get rid of!

16. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: we inadvertently did that b/c one of the wubbanubs tore and she was mostly confused and scared of the headless giraffe, LOL

17. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Haha. I don't blame her, that does sound scary

18. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: @blackbird: I don't want to speak too early, but last night wasn't too bad. We snipped the ends off of a few that we left in her crib. She kept dropping them out of her mouth and was clearly confused. After we put her down, she did cry on and off for a bit (which she rarely does when she's that tired) , but eventually fell asleep! I'm nervous for nap today, but hoping it goes well. She has a little bit of a cold so DH felt bad, but I keep telling myself that it will be better for her to be able to fall asleep without it once her cold gets bad.

19. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: We are going back and forth between snipping or just going cold turkey. I saw this "weaning system" from One Step Ahead that looks interesting, but maybe I am just giving this too much thought! How old is your LO?

20. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Ooh, I'll have to look that up! She is 17 months.

21. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: yeah she kept taking the paci head and sticking it on the giraffe like wtf. I ended up buying her a replacement and last night, she kept holding it out to me, like WHO IS THIS IMPOSTER YOU BROUGHT ME. But then decided he was acceptable

22. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: haha that sounds really cute actually. Isn't it funny how much they notice those things?!

23. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: ok so I crash-coursed in nub theory the past few days before my gender u/s and I'm voting girl for your nub because it doesn't look "on the rise" to me and it looks kind of long and skinny- and it seemed like the girl nubs are longer and skinnier and straighter? But again, I'm TOTALLY no expert at all, I'm just leaning girl for you! If you post your photo on babynub.com and the gestational age, you'll get opinions from "nub experts" who are usually u/s techs:). They were totally right for my DD2 this time fwiw:)

Our leader for a name right now is Sawyer Rose. Anyone else have names picked out?

Also in one of my dr's offices yesterday, a nurse I usually don't see heard me talking with someone else about the baby and she said, "Oh I didn't know you were pregnant! Well now that you say that, I can see it in your face..."

Womp. Womp.

24. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Thanks! I am sorta feeling girl for this one as well, but I don't know if that's just because I already have a boy and would love a little lady! I definitely may try that site. Love that name, by the way. DH refuses to discuss names until we know gender. Oh and there was a woman in my office last time who used to say almost every time she saw me "Wow, your face is really getting fuller." Some people just need to shut up!

25. littlepeanut

pea / 18 posts

Congratulations everyone! I haven't stopped by in a while. Just had my 16 week appointment this week and scheduled the ultrasound, you know ... THE ultrasound for the second week of December. It's going to be hard, but my husband wants us to wait to find out with everyone else at our gender reveal party two days later. I'm so impatient, I want to know now!

Edit: Oh, I wanted to ask everyone. This is my first LO - I'm just wondering when did you start or have you started feeling anything yet? I feel a lot of bubbles, but I'm not sure if it is gas or the babe.

26. xmaskidjr

coffee bean / 28 posts

I was also torn between a girl and a boy since we already have DD. I came from family with 3 girls and really appreciate bonding between sisters which gets stronger as we age. On the other hand, in my side of family, we never had a boy/nephew... so this will be very exciting for us.

I'm still waiting for the full panel result from CVS, which should be coming in any moment. Hopefully, I'll tell my boss next week!

27. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@littlepeanut: I started feeling a good bit of movement today, actually. Before today, there were 3 or 4 times where I told me husband, "I think I just felt the baby!" But then it didn't happen again so I wasn't sure! But after we just ate dinner, I'm definitely feeling it. It feels like little bubbly jabs? Flutter jabs? It's hard to explain!

28. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

can you guys see a nub in this photo? I don't think I really know what it is
    (@SeptMomma12: @PrincessBaby:)

@littlepeanut: I don't think I've felt movement yet, but I'm only 13 weeks. The midwife said second time around usually starting at 16w, a little later for first. But it definitely could be, the numbers are just averages!

29. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: It looks like MAYBE there is a nub under that white line. And if that's it, I'd say it's pointing up, which supposedly means boy. But I really have no idea! You could definitely try posting it to that site @PrincessBaby: listed above. I looked around for a while and they seem to know what they are talking about. I posted mine, but they said they can't tell because it's only showing part of the nub

@littlepeanut: I started feeling my first LO inconsistently around 16 weeks, which I think is pretty early for the first. I have had a few questionable "bubbles" with this one, but nothing I'm totally sure is baby. But I'm only 13 weeks now.

30. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I still get confused about which white line is the nub, but definitely try that site babynub.com...They actually were very helpful in me figuring out what is what! I thought my LO's nub was the umbilical cord, lol.

@SeptMomma12: They're super knowledgeable, right? Well that's a freakin bummer though that they say they can't see the whole thing:( Clearly I'm such an amateur bc I was all, "It looks girl!" And they're like "Um it's not all there!" lol...Did they give you any type of guesses at all?

31. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: One person guess girl but the others all said 50/50

32. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: Well, crap

33. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Got a few more girl guesses. I kinda hope they are right! Would be perfectly happy with another little boy, but I'd really love to have one of each. Guess we will know in January!

34. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

At my regular check up yesterday, I didn't see a hint of a nub BUT today at our NT scan the doctor zoomed into the legs, gave my tummy a little jiggle with the ultrasound, and I think we're having a boy!!! I know it isn't 100% but a high percentage.

35. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

So exciting that we're all starting to at least get some hints at sexes of these little sweethearts!!

I bought my first maternity clothes tonight! Found some screaming deals at a consignment shop. Lots of $4-12 items & walked out with 7 tops, a dress, jeans & a jacket, plus a new fleecy baby blanket for under $75 total. Score!

36. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: Oh I love that name!!! It's beautiful, but also has that gender neutral side to it which makes it perfect! And, ugh, I hated when people said that with LO1. "Aw you look great, you only grew in your belly!... and your face". So weird that people think that's ok. At least you're teeny tiny, and I'm sure it's not bad.

@SeptMomma12: I posted it last night! Everyone says boy but that it was still too early to be predictable (it was just over 11 weeks). So bummer to it not being predictable, but yay if it's right! Though I really don't have a true preference.

@enjollah: Glad your NT scan went well! Fun that they got a good nub shot!!

@GoGoSnoGirl: I know! It will be so fun once those of us that want to know do. And good job on your deals! Somehow I got away with like 10 pieces of clothing for the first pregnancy, but I can already tell that won't be possible this time. I need to find some more!

37. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: That's great! I ordered a bunch of stuff from Gap this week when they were having 40% off. My son was born in September and it was so much easier wardrobe-wise to be pregnant in the spring/summer. I never even bought pants - just lived in sundresses. That's not going to work this time

What are you ladies in cold areas planning to do about a winter coat? My puffer coat is already getting hard to zip, but I'm having a hard time justifying spending a lot of money on a maternity coat just for one winter.

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I know, I wish I had one of those scans where they could definitively say what it looks like. When will your anatomy scan be? January seems so far away

38. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: The Friday before Christmas! It feels far away, but it shouldn't be that bad. January does feel far away! bummer. But, I bet the holidays will make it go fast.

39. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Our hospital won't do it a day before 20 weeks, which of course falls over Christmas break. So we have to wait til 21 weeks. You're right, I am hoping the holidays work as a distraction!

40. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Ah, gotcha. Well hoping it flies by!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee