Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thank you! I love the tees! They made me feel definitely pregnant-looking:)

2. xmaskidjr

coffee bean / 28 posts

This is my 12 week and I'm debating when to tell my manager about my pregnancy. I'm going to have CVS this Wednesday and thinking about telling him after we get results. (Luckily, no bump shows up yet...),

My manager is already talking about my conference trip on February which I don't think I can make it. I should tell him pretty soon...

3. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

Had my NT scan today, everything looks great! I told my parents today, too, and they were not crazy about the fact that I waited so long to tell them.

@xmaskidjr: Hope your CVS went well today!

4. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Congrats on a great nt scan! And on telling your parents and getting it out there:)

We are taking our photo for our announcement tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to get it out there.

I had a weak moment today and called a couple of 3d US places to see if anyone would take a stab at looking at gender at just about 14 weeks. They won't

So we impatiently wait for 11-11.

5. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Did your tech do any nub shots or guesses? Mine did absolutely zero. Not that it matters that much. DD totally looked like a boy nub but I think that was the umbilical cord.

6. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Congrats on the good NT scan Mine is next Friday - can't wait!

I am 11 weeks tomorrow and my belly is out of control. I was huge with my son by the end - I carried all out in front - but this is insane. It's already uncomfortable

7. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: she really gave it a good look but said the leg was in the way. We discussed a few methods and she said my placenta is low and middle so that tells her nothing

8. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: me too. I am very pregnant looking

9. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Your bump is adorable!!!!

10. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Adorable! I will try to take a picture tonight.

11. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: Your bump is wonderful!

I'm so jealous of you guys with true bumps! Even though it's the second babe, I took forever to show with the last one and think it will be the same this time. I'm not tall but have this weirdly long torso.

12. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Don't be jealous yet! I am having a hell of a time hiding this thing. If work hasn't noticed the bump, someone has to have noticed I am wearing the same three loose shirts on repeat

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Here's a picture I had on my phone from last week (10 weeks). I grow torpedo-like bumps. Was the same with my son!

14. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: Yay! I'm glad someone else is bumping as much as I am. A part of me's like "what, it's so early to be showing!! GAHHHH"

15. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Right? I feel so silly when someone asks when I'm due (I haven't been hiding it on weekends) and I say "not until May!"

16. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: Dude, i hear ya. I had someone at the gym ask if i wasn't SURE i was having twins. Yes i'm sure. ARE YOU SURE? I'm really fucking positive, thanks. People sort of look at me funny when I say "oh, May...."...and they're like "So you just barely found out..." No, not really.

17. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Oh my goodness, adorable! and you're right, it is easier to hide. I haven't told work yet, so I guess I'm good on that front

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I think your bump is perfect:). You look so cute

19. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

Wow I'm so jealous of those adorable bumps! I can definitely see my stomach had changed when I get out of the shower, but I still look like I just need a diet when I put on a shirt. Hopefully I have a picture worth sharing soon.

I just had my NT scan and have been sitting in the waiting room forever to hear about the results. I'm literally the only patient here this morning. I'm sure everything will be fine, but it's hard not to feel a little nervous. Hopefully I can edit this with positive news soon.

Edit: everything looks good!

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@kick641: Good luck with your results!!!

21. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@kick641: Yay, glad your results were positive!!

22. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@kick641: Great! Congrats on the good news

23. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@kick641: yay!

@blackbird: Im glad your results look good

@blackbird: @SeptMomma12: I'm so jealous of your bumps! I carried all out front with number 1 but I still haven't gained anything with this one and my bump is just fat lol. We have family pics this weekend and I was hoping to have something!

ETA: no idea what's all over this tank top lol

24. blackbird

@kick641: Yay!!!

25. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@kick641: congrats on your NT scan results.

I too am a little envious of all these cute baby bumps you ladies are sporting. I just look like I'm getting a little chubby here at 10w2d. On the plus side, though, there are still quite a few people we haven't told, namely my work, so it does help keep the secret. I'm sure soon enough, I'll be sporting a fine baby bump. We have an u/s next week & I think that's the same day we'll get our blood test done (MaterniT21 or Harmony) for non-invasive prenatal screening.

26. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@jetsa: that's totally a bump! You look great

@GoGoSnoGirl: ditto. I'm sure we'll pop soon enough though!

Had our NT scan this morning. Measurement was 1.06 I think? He said that was normal. He says based on my age, it was about a 1 in 500 chance of downs, which just feels high! I thought if it was normal it'd be more like 1 in thousands. Oh well, we'll wait until the blood work comes back.

27. blackbird

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I would call 0.2% *very* low, statistically speaking! And yeah, anything under 2.0 is a good nuchal measurement

28. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: If I remember, my odds got way better with my son once they had the blood work back. I think the first odds you get are just generic odds based on your age. Though as blackbird said, 0.2% odds are pretty great!!!

29. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: @blackbird: thank goodness for you guys being quick and doing the calculation. You're right, it sounds so much smaller than what I had in my head!! Thank you!!

30. xmaskidjr

coffee bean / 28 posts

@blackbird: Thanks! It went well. First level FISH result came in today and everything looks good! (at least 13,18,21 and sex chromosome). We are waiting for full results in two weeks.

We were also informed that we are having a boy!

31. blackbird

@xmaskidjr: fabulous! Congrats!!!

32. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@xmaskidjr: so exciting!!
    I am shocked that we, too, could soon know the sex of our baby so early. One huge benefit to "having" to do additional/early screening.

33. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@xmaskidjr: Congrats on your boy! How exciting

34. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Yay for the cute bumps and good test results!

I feel like my nausea (and vomiting) is turning a corner. Five weeks almost to the day after it started I have had two great days in a row and am halfway through a third!
    I am 12w tomorrow so hopefully it is gone with the first trimester. *fingers crossed*

35. blackbird

@MsHangry: I hope so, too!!!!

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@MsHangry: Fingers crossed for you!

I have my NT scan on Friday. So excited to get that done so I can finally tell work officially. It's getting really hard to hide this bump!

37. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

We just had our NT scan u/s & blood drawn for non-invasive prenatal testing. Can't wait to get those results, but I am so thrilled to have gotten another look at baby! All looked good today--even measuring a few days ahead.

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: yay that sounds great!
    @SeptMomma12: I have an appt friday too. We didn't do any early testing but we'll get to hear the heartbeat.

39. blackbird

Yay for all these NT scans!!!!

40. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Hearing the heartbeat is the best. My doctor found it on the doppler at my 9 week appt - was very exciting!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee