Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@PrincessBaby: Right?! I was just like...wow that's rude. THANKS FOR REMINDING ME. I'm totally bumping--people are asking. Great test results, though!

@kick641: I actually got my flu shot Tuesday and i went to another building to get it so that I didn't run into coworkers. The nurse not-so-discreetly made the sign of pregnancy when I asked (hands on invisible rounded belly) and brought me to the front of the line and everything. Super obvious, IMO. and my arm is still a tiny bit sore today!

2. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: I think women who make comments like that, especially pregnant women, are just being bitchy on purpose. Like to highlight how small they are by underhand insulting you. So it's not really about you looking like you may be carrying twins, it's about drawing attention to how fabulous they look.

I hate a narcissistic peep, let me tell you. I have some experience with one and I nearly come unglued with comments like that...

3. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: She's kinda like that, so i just generally expect inappropriate comments from her. But i'm leaving that gym with my new job so I don't have to see her anymore. Every now and then she just says something that makes me go WTF. There are always people like that *shrug*

4. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: Updated for the 27th!

May Mamas
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut, Princessbaby
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh, Mrs Sketchbook
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Xmaskidjr
    May 14th: Rrachael
    May 15th: Kick641, Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12
    May 22nd: Mrs Lovejou, Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Tippy0707
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl
    May 27th: Jetsa

5. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

How's everyone feeling this week? Some of us (not me) are out of the 1st tri now! Feels like it's going super fast.

We had plans to tell a few of our friends last night and they ended up telling us they were pregnant too! It was a fun surprise. There's about 3-4 couples that are all just a few days to weeks apart.

6. littlepeanut

pea / 18 posts

I'm in my 12th week now and we announced Saturday! I'm feeling better for the most part, but I'm still tired all of the time.

Hoping the best for everyone else!

7. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: that's exciting!

Im dealing with nausea every morning but we announced over the weekend to almost all of our friends it's exciting, I haven't told work yet though. My next appt is nov 7, and I'll tell after that.

8. blackbird

I think I'm coming out of the yuck feelings. My food aversions are mostly going away-I still prefer cold to hot and meat isn't high on my list, though-I'm telling my new manager tomorrow and my parents next week after my NT scan.

9. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Feeling okay over here. Totally exhausted, but the nausea has never gotten too bad. Much better than my first pregnancy where I threw up every morning from 7-12 weeks. We haven't told anyone but our parents. For some reason I'm much more guarded with this pregnancy than with my son. We just scheduled our NT scan for 11/7, so we will probably start telling after that. (Though I am a thin person and look very obviously pregnant, so I don't think it will be a surprise to anyone!)

10. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

MS has been pretty awful. Vomiting once or twice a day. B6 & half unisom helped for a week, but I worry it's effects are fading.

I have my next appointment on Thursday, so if that goes well I'm going to let my advisor know so we can plan out when & how I let others know.

I'm hoping I can get the NT scan soon, I'd like to wait until after that to make the larger announcements.

11. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I was measuring 12 weeks last Tuesday, but I am 12w3d today, and on last Tues exactly, it was like a switch turned off and I've had energy and felt great! I guess the baby decided when it hit 12w to chill out;). This weekend was gorgeous weather and we got out and did a ton of stuff and it was wonderful to feel healthy and normal and not exhausted or gross.

I'm holding out for 11-11:). I can't wait to find out gender...It seems sooooooo far away....

Also been very easy to find LO on Doppler, just to ceck on him/her.

I keep trying to wrap my head around what it will be like to have a son or a 2nd daughter. It still seems crazy!

12. blackbird

@MsHangry: oh no I know it peaks around week 10-does that sound about right? I had a rough week 9/10

13. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blackbird: it started seeming bad late week 8? Nothing near hypermedia gravidum, but all day nausea and multiple times vomiting. I hope it gets better soon! Week 10 (this week) would be great!
    My role at work will change next week and I dont think it will be easy to cover up/shove crackers in my face/run to the bathroom

I'm going to ask for zofran at my appointment Thursday.

@PrincessBaby: that is awesome you had such a wonderful weekend!

14. LC

cherry / 197 posts

I've been meaning to write this post for a while, but haven't had the time to type it up. I'm a long time lurker, not often commenter, so happy to join this great group!

EDD: May 8

How far along: 11.5 weeks

First child? No, LO1 is 2.5

Any symptoms so far? Everything! So nauseous, vomiting a couple times a day. SO ready for the second trimester!

Who have you told? Both sets of parents, my sister, my boss

My NT scan is next week, hoping to wait to publicly share until after that, but I know DH is going to want to do it this weekend, when I'm 12 weeks.

15. blackbird

@MsHangry: I think when you're throwing up every day, it's a good time to cry uncle and get some reprieve! Hope it helps!

16. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

I'll be 9 weeks tomorrow… still feeling major food aversion and constant nausea. It was the worse during week 6 & 7 but i also wasn't working out. I started up again last week and i actually felt a little better with an hour or two of no nauseated feelings. My OB said MS peaks around 9 weeks…. so hopefully it won't be too bad this week..

@Mrs. Lovejoy: We went to dinner with one of our close friends and they told us they were expecting… DH and I just looked at each other and started smirking.

@PrincessBaby: I can't wait to feel that way too! I hope this pregnancy's MS ends around the 2nd trimester though… I've heard of some moms who were sick for majority of their pregnancy. sucks...

17. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

@MsHangry: aw! hope you feel better soon! have you been losing weight with the vomiting? i've only vomited once but because of major food aversion, i've been losing weight.

18. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MsHangry: I hope your switch turns off soon:( I didn't really have too much vomiting, mainly just the constant gross nausea/sickness. I have to drive aot during the day for work so that amplified it...But from last Monday to last Tuesday, it was literally night and day. Monday I felt the usual- totally crappy, and Tues I was a new girl...And things got better all last week, I had more energy, etc. As of Saturday, I felt great again...

But all of the grossness literally just vanished in a day. Ironically Tues was the day I got a Zofran rx from my dr when I was at my appt. I never had to fill it. I haven't felt sick since. I hope yours lets up tomorrow!!!

19. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@enjollah: hopefully you have just a little bit longer and then you'll feel better:(. It SUCKS! And I'm sorry:(

20. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Sorry for disappearing ladies, needed to see that everything was ok before I came back here. And it is!! Yay! The little one was measuring perfect with a HB of 167.
    I hear you all on the morning sickness. I had to throw up in a bag whilst driving yesterday. Not pleasant! But it's a lot better than it was with DS so maybe it's a girl? I'm looking forward to that 12 week scan now and breaking the news to everyone!

21. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm glad everything looks good! I get the same car sickness now, too.

@LC: Congrats and welcome!

I finally got the hyperemesis diagnosis yesterday, after my third doctor's appointment and second hospital admittance. I'm super excited to finally gave a zofran prescription but it sounds like my morning sickness should be clearing up soon. I'm so impatient to get to 12 weeks so I can tell everyone! My doctor updated my due date to 5.10.15, so I was only a few days off.

22. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@kick641: Ugh, that's brutal. I hope the prescription works and you feel better soon. I haven't been very sick, but my doctor did mention it tends to peak around 10 weeks and get dramatically better at 12 weeks.

@Mrs squirreld: Congrats on the great ultrasound!

23. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@LC: Welcome

24. LC

cherry / 197 posts

@Septmomma12 @kick641: Thank you!

25. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

Hi all! I'm just hanging out at 9wks waiting for my next appt in 2wks. That'll be my 1st u/s at the OB's office, but I'm so happy to already have the 2 early ones behind me at the RE's office. I haven't felt too much nausea, fortunately. Some, and some food aversions, but knock on wood, no actual vomiting yet. I feel so sorry for those of you with bad nausea or HG. Glad you're all progressing well.

26. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

@jetsa: Due date twins!
    @LC: Welcome!
    @kick641: @MsHangry: So sorry to hear you ladies are feeling so poorly. Hopefully you start to feel a bit better soon!

I'm so behind, I don't even know how to catch up! DH and I got back from a little vacation in Puerto Vallarta on October 13 and like any vacation, we were so sad to leave BUT at least we had something exciting to come back to. We had our first ultrasound on Oct 16th! It was such an incredible feeling to see this itty bitty bean. The little flickering of the heartbeat was so beautiful. It made things feel so much more real. The ultrasound tech had the baby measuring around 8 weeks and she moved my due date up to May 27th, which makes me 9 weeks today! Yay!

I have been feeling pretty good for the most part; some light headedness, a little nausea when I'm hungry and some tiredness. I have to eat immediately when I wake up or else I get nauseous. Carbs seem to work best. At my sister suggestion, I have started to carry snacks with me at all times, just in case hunger strikes. I feel like I'm constantly snacking and am a bit worried I'm gaining to much weight. My sister and I are starting back at our trainer next week after a 3 week hiatus, which I'm a little nervous about because we generally go in the morning, which is when I feel the worst. How have you been dealing with MS while going to the gym? Do you just battle through it? Go at different times? Eat snacks throughout your work out lol?

27. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@PrincessBaby: Popping in to ask you, or anyone else, when you were first able to hear your LO with Doppler? I loaned my SonolineB to a friend and wanted to wait as long as possible to ask for it back (I'm a terrible liar), but I also would like to hear baby as soon as I can. I can't remember when I was able to use it last time around. Thanks!

28. FSUAliss

pea / 10 posts

Hi All! I'm a newbie and this is my first post. I'm excited to join the May club!

EDD: May 28

How far along: 9 weeks (to the day!)

First child? Yes

Any symptoms so far? Sore breasts (although it has lessened lately) and some naseau. I think I am one of the fairly lucky ones, nausea comes and goes, it's not an every day occurence.

Who have you told? Both sets of parents, siblings, a close aunt and cousin, one friend and two co-workers...dying to tell everyone else. I'll tell a few more close friends in a few weeks and plan to tell my extended family (close aunts, uncles, cousins, grandma) on Thanksgiving.

I had an 8 wk ultrasound last Friday and all looked good. We could see the heartbeat but the doctor didn't try to listen for it (she waits until 12 wks).

29. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@78h2o: Hey! I think this time I was 10 weeks:) With H, it was sooner, she was always easy to find (like maybe 8.5 or 9?). But I tried a handful of times prior to 10 weeks and this LO was just not cooperating. And even after I found LO2 once at 10 weeks, there were still occasions after that where I couldn't find it. Which is strange bc this baby is tracking ahead/bigger than H ever did, so I would think that a bigger baby would be easier. Nope. This one is a real stinker! I guess he/she is just in a spot that's hard to get the doppler to catch. I did post a youtube video a page or two back on this thread that was helpful in me finally being able to nail down LO2. I had also read an old post by Cupquakewalk (miss her!) that said that eating/drinking sugar helps because it gets baby moving and you're more likely to catch them with the probe if they're moving around. I hope that helps! The doppler was so reassuring for my first pregnancy, but this LO has definitely given me a few worried days here and there because I couldn't locate it. Now that I'm just about 13 weeks, and he/she is tracking a few days ahead anyway, it's finally gotten a lot easier. How far along are you? Congratulations btw!!! I hope you are feeling well

30. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@FSUAliss: Welcome

31. 78h2o

grapefruit / 4441 posts

@PrincessBaby: thank you! Maybe I will try to wait a couple more weeks to get the Doppler back from my friend so I don't freak myself out. I'm 8w2d - due 6/1. Totally nauseous but otherwise feeling good! Thanks!

32. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@78h2o: Yeah I would maybe try to wait if you can...Before this one I would have said go for it, but it was a lot harder this time even though I am not a rookie at this...And I know how it feels now to not be able to find it and have that heavy feeling in your stomach bc even though you know everything is probably ok, it sucks really bad to not KNOW by finding the hb. I'm glad you're feeling good and hope it stays that way

33. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

Hey Ladies!

I forgot about this site and now that it's mobile its a lot easier for me to get on! I'm 8w+5 due 5/30.

I have a son who will be one on 11-12. Ugh, having a hard time coping with that!

I had my first utlrasound at 6w+5 and measured right on track. I'm high risk, so i will be having lots of scans and appointments. I have another scan a week from today 10/30!

34. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: I'm sure it sucks to be high risk, but hopefully it will help that you get to see your healthy baby so often!

Before getting pregnant I always thought early ultrasounds looked like blobs, but now I can see the baby and they're adorable! It helped me see the baby shape that mine was moving so much. She wasn't moving at the second ultrasound and I'm sure I annoyed the tech with how many times I asked if that was okay!

Does anyone have a feeling for the gender yet? I don't feel one way or the other yet, but DH is 100% sure it's a girl. He keeps finding old wives tales to back himself up!

35. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@kick641: I had a 9w ultrasound with my son and baby was totally wiggling around. I think this time baby was just chillen. It was a transvaginal ultrasound which helped it be so much clearer. My first with my son was totally just a blob no Shape it was abdominal but we did see the HB Then too. I love seeing them wiggle so I hope baby bounces around next week !

As for gender, my pregnancy is pretty much exactly like the one with my son, and based on wives tales kind of leads me to think it's a boy. I can't wait to find out!! I was sure last baby was a girl though. So I obviously have terrible mothers intuition haha.

36. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Had an appointment today. Heard the heartbeat on Doppler also got my prescription for Zofran! Thank goodness...

Felt like such a dummy, I used the bathroom before leaving home so barely had anything for my urine sample. Oops!

I'm thinking girl, if only because DH wants a boy so badly I am afraid he will jinx himself

37. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MsHangry: Yay for Zofran

I got asked today for the first time today if I was expecting. Yep, that happened. Definitely looking really preg over here

I'm 13 weeks and my belly is probably the size it was at 20 weeks with LO 1!

38. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@kick641: Funny, my DH is 100% convinced this is a girl too. I'm really not sure. I knew from day one that my first was a boy - just had a feeling. But no feeling with this one. Totally different symptoms/cravings than the first, but I know they say that doesn't really mean anything!

@PrincessBaby: I am huge too! It's ridiculous. There's no way work hasn't figured it out.

39. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Well I have been wearing looser tops and I really wasn't into buying more ruched-side tees bc they look too maternity-ish and I wore so many of them for my first pregnancy that I got burned out, but I have to admit I was wrong. I'm probably going to buy this one from A Pea In the Pod in every color (they are buy one get one 50% off now)...I got hot in the sweater-like top I was wearing while we were shopping yesterday so I popped in APITP to see what they had and ended up wearing this out of the store before I died of heat stroke. So I admit I was wrong!

This is my 13w bump and the ruching is much more flattering to a small bump than I remembered! It makes it look definitely there...

Excuse the glitter Toms, they match my daughter's and I think it's so cute when we both have them on

40. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: that is super cute! you look great

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee