Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

I am 11 weeks tomorrow and we are planning on announcing in the next couple of weeks! I can't believe it! Our announcement will be LO in this Thing 1 outfit with the caption saying: Thing 2 Arriving Early May 2015!

I ordered my daughter this Thing 1 outfit today and I'm going to do her hair in pigtails with blue marabou/poofy bows in it:)

Is anyone else getting ready to come out with the news?

I have my NT scan on Tuesday and I'm really nervous....I hope everything looks healthy:) I'll feel ready to announce if everything goes well:)

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@PrincessBaby: my NT scan is in 3 weeks and we will announce. E has a big sister shirt I'll get photos of her in. Not sure what else to do!

3. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Did you do the Triple Screen with your first LO? I did with H and her chances of DS were 1/10,000. I'm worried that with any number not as good as that, my anxiety will take over and I'll be scared. I don't think I got the actual number until 15 or 16 weeks, but still...It's on my mind and I'm wondering how others deal with or prepare for possibly worse ratios...I'm older now, so I guess I'm just naturally expecting it to be worse. I wish so much I could get the damn MaterniT 21 and knock it out. Someone who has anxiety like I do should just automatically qualify for it.

4. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: no I had a CVS so I had a full panel of shit ran. Her fat neck and my hormones gave us a higher chance of problems

5. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Gotcha! So is it triple screen for you this time?

6. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: is that just the NT scan and blood test? Yeah I'm having that. If the risk is higher, I'll have the maternit21 test done.

7. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

TMI
    So a "fun" new symptom for me the last few days has been insane nose bleeds. My nose has been slightly dry anyway, but anytime I touch or blow my nose - huge gushes of blood. It's kind of crazy. And not really all that fun when I'm somewhere that there's no tissues nearby. It seems like, from everything I've read, that this can be fairly common and not cause for alarm as long as I can get them to stop fairly quickly. But a few more days of this and I might be calling the OB just to double check.

8. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: I had a very friable cervix with my first LO, so I have a feeling (or at least I'm hoping) it's somehow related to that again. The doctor called me this afternoon and said the ultrasound was "perfect," so I shouldn't worry about some spotting, but it's so hard not to. I just wish it would stop

@Keppa: I had TONS of nose bleeds with my first pregnancy. Not a fun symptom to deal with but definitely very normal. My doctor said it had to do with all the extra blood flow. Not sure where you live, but if it's getting cold where you are, the heat always dries my nose out, which leads to bleeds.

9. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I know it is so hard - I HATED seeing the spotting/bleeding and I literally dreaded going to the bathroom bc I was so scared of what I would find, even though I knew good reasons for finding it. I was still always worried. So that's zero help, but I totally feel you:( That was another reason I loved the Doppler so much, I would just go root around and make sure LO was still okay if I had some spotting. The crazy thing about cervical irritation is that you don't feel any irritation:( Which it'd almost be nice to have so you could be like "Oh I feel irritated! No wonder I have spotting!" But as soon as I stopped the Crinone, I never had it again. And if my husband and I DTD it would always make it worse...I actually had a tiny speck or two of brown a week and half ago and the doctor said it was from that because it showed up about 2 days after. I am not on Crinone this time, fortunately. So that was enough by itself to do it, so I'm just throwing that out there in case that could be a reason for you too. My OB said that sex would never cause m/c no matter how much it irritated the cervix or how much spotting it caused, so that was good to know.

10. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@PrincessBaby: I just ordered a Doppler yesterday! Thanks again for sharing the info on yours. Can't WAIT to get it early next week & try it out.

11. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: I hope you enjoy it!

Just another quick tip that I learned this weekend...I couldn't really find the baby on Fri or Sat and I read somewhere to eat sugar/drink juice so the baby would be moving more and you'd be more likely to run across it...I had been doing it at night after LO was asleep and a long while after I'd eaten anything, so today I tried it after a glass of OJ and I found the HB pretty quick. It was a relief bc I was trying not to worry, but I've had a mild stomach bug this weekend, I'll spare you the gory details, and I was worried about LO in there. And I felt like my belly has shrunk in the past few days, but that could be a by product of everything exiting my body very quickly:( So I almost cried when I heard it!

The only thing I am not sure about with the Doppler is which channel is best for counting the heartbeat. I can't really get it to register that great unless the baby is being still and it's not going in and out. I know it was the baby and not my heartbeat, but I wasn't able to get a count and then my daughter ran over to the sofa where I was doing the Doppler and started showing me where my eye was with a princess wand, so I had to shut it all down before I lost an eyeball

12. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@PrincessBaby: I've never used a handheld, so I have no advice but your post made me chuckle.

13. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm sorry you've been sick, but I hope you get better quickly! We received the Doppler yesterday, but I wasn't able to find baby. I am not yet even 8 wks (Tue is 8) & the insert says recommended for use from 12 wks, so for now maybe I'll try weekly. Thanks for the additional tips, though.

We are going to share our news tonight with DH's family at dinner. We see them weekly, & it feels challenging to keep our secret from them. I've told my Mom, she told my sister, & I've also told my Dad & a close friend who also went to my RE. Even though we are still a little nervous, I'm really excited to announce, because I think it'll further validate that we are pregnant & we need all the prayers & well wishes we can get for our rainbow baby.

14. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

@PrincessBaby: I never know which setting to use on the doppler either. I can always pick up the baby's heartbeat, but I've had a lot of trouble trying to get it to actually read the heart rate correctly. I'm guessing it's just because it's too small/low?

We saw my 2 BIL's and their GF's today to do some apple picking with LO. One of the couples already knows that we're pregnant because we were on vacation with them right after we found out. I toyed with telling the other couple today, but something just keeps holding me back. I don't think DH understands...he really wants to tell his family. I'm just not interested in un-telling a bunch of people. With each passing week I feel closer to being comfortable...I just wish I was already there.

15. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: That idea (thing 1, thing 2) is so stinking cute!! How fun, especially around the holiday.

@Keppa: Argh, those nosebleeds! I remember them from LO1, all too well. Mine came really bad when it got drier out too. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse for you!

Our first ultrasound is tomorrow and I am so anxious/excited. I feel like I've seen so much my friends have been through in the past two years that I'm so much more nervous. Trying to remain calm and expectant that everything will be fine.

16. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Hope your ultrasound went well!

17. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thinking of you and hoping you had a great u/s

Had my nt scan this morning...All was well, nuchal fold was 1.something and nasal bone was present, so that's good news:). Baby looked so much more like a baby than just a couple of weeks ago! I'm still measuring a few days ahead at 12w today. Maybe that's why I get SO HUNGRY, the baby is huge lol. LO1 was always my dainty little princess, and I didn't have this ravenous hunger with her.

The baby was all over the place, rubbing his/her eyes and putting hands in mouth. It was soooo cute!!!

And I didn't think I had gained much weight but I was still nervous bc I feel like I eat all carbs due to food aversions to anything green. And I get so hungry that I eat stuff that is way outside of my normal realm of healthy. But I've gained 3lbs, so I'm happy with that for 12 weeks. My OB office seems super anal about not exceeding 25-35 lbs, so they made me a little paranoid about getting on the scale today:/

18. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I had my first ultrasound yesterday and I felt the same way beforehand. It was a huge relief to see a normal (so far) baby in there! I definitely feel a lot more excited about this pregnancy now. Hopefully you feel the same way after yours.

19. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@PrincessBaby: Congrats on the good NT scan! I'll be 9 weeks on Thursday, so mine still feels so far away:( I haven't even scheduled it yet.

20. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: @PrincessBaby: @kick641: Thank you!! Just got back and it went great! Saw the babe, and the heartbeat (170).

Now, we're trying to decide if we're going to do the NT scan. Did you guys/ are you planning on it? I'm so conflicted. I didn't for the first, but am just all around more worried about this one.

@kick641: So glad your ultrasound went well!! It was incredibly reassuring.

21. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: Just scrolled up and saw you already talked about your NT scan. That's great news!

I don't know much about the measurements; is it more that they'll tell you if something is off?

22. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Great! Yes, we did the NT scan with our first and will do it again. I figure it's another excuse to see the baby, plus the high-level ultrasounds are so cool. But I'm also the kind of person who wants to know if there's anything wrong.

23. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: we didn't for the first and we won't for this one.

24. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Hey ladies, I just updated the list for us, since my due date has changed since the original list! It's been a while since we posted it

May Mamas
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut, Princessbaby
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh, Mrs Sketchbook
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Xmaskidjr
    May 14th: Rrachael
    May 15th: Kick641, Keppa
    May 18th: MsHangry
    May 19th: Jetsa
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 21st: Septmomma12
    May 22nd: Mrs Lovejou, Doodlesmama
    May 24th: Tippy0707
    May 25th: Mrs Squirreld
    May 26th: Enjollah, Gogosnogirl

25. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: my due date is now the 27th

26. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@SeptMomma12: I am having an ultrasound tomorrow to decide my due date, so I might have an update then!

27. blackbird

I got asked if I'm having twins today. And am I SURE?!?! Screw you

28. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: So glad you had a great u/s and baby is doing so awesome!!! Oh and btw, yes - the measurements have a predetermined range and they'll tell you there what they're looking for. I think they want it smaller than 3.5 (cm?mm?) wide. A wider measurement would be a soft marker and I think would give you the option of doing further testing.

29. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: OMG what a jackhole!!! Did you know the person?

30. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Oh and just in case anyone else is prepping for their NT scan, I guess it takes a week for the bloodwork to come back and then they combine those results with the actual scan results/measurements and they assign a ratio for likelihood LO has each abnormality. I should have this by Tues. My scan measurements were good, I'm just still nervous. Because that's what I do. Get nervous, anxious, and worried. I'm EXCELLENT at all three.

31. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: my parents keep asking this and when I tell them nope only 1 HB they say oh it's too early the other baby could be hiding....thanks thanks a lot

32. blackbird

@PrincessBaby: yeah the coach at my CF gym who's 10 days ahead of me. I told her "well this is my fourth pregnancy so....yeah I am showing a lot". I've only gained half of what I did with E, too!

@jetsa: gah no! No secret babies!

33. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Wow. Someone needs a slap*slap*slap

Good news! Already got my first trimester screen results in this morning! Less than 1/10,000 chance for both Trisomies 18 and 21 so that was good news!

I posted bump pics on the May bump thread. I hope some of you guys will do the same!

34. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: right?!? I have a 13 month old at home, one more is plenty

35. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@jetsa: Is it even possible for another baby to hide? It felt like my obgyn got a pretty good look in there!

Also, today is the first day my bump looked like a baby to me and not just bloat! I've actually been kind of jealous of all you working on your second+ pregnancy because you have defined bumps and I've just looked pudgy so far.

Is anyone else getting their flu shot this season? I got mine this morning at work and the nurse said something loudly about me getting a special version of the shot because I'm pregnant. I haven't told anyone at work yet, though! Oops, cat out of the bag now. She was just trying to be chatty. My boss is super far out of the loop when it comes to gossip, so I think I can still wait to tell him at our meeting next week. What would you guys do?

36. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@kick641: my mom was an ultrasound tech for 3 years so I suppose.

37. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@kick641: I had the flu shot this week...You don't need a special shot, the normal one is fine, pregnant people just can't do the nasal version bc it's live flu virus.

38. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@PrincessBaby: I'm guessing that I got an inactivated one and everyone else got a live activated one, since laiv flu vaccines aren't recommended for pregnant women.

39. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@kick641: Oh no! I was supposed to get my flu shot today at work, but they sent out an email last week saying they wouldn't have the preservative-free one for pregnant women, so I cancelled. Got it at the doctor yesterday. I would just hope no one really heard her and wait to tell your boss as planned.

I'm hoping to make it to 14 weeks before I tell work, like I did last time, but I really don't know if that will be possible! I'm only in the office 3 days a week and am wearing the same 3 loose shirts over and over again each week. I actually lost a few pounds at the doctor yesterday (kinda shocking given the sweets I have been craving), but not in the belly area for sure. There's a legit bump.

40. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

My OB was out of the vaccine so they directed me to just get one at CVS...I had asked the nurse if I needed a certain one and she said no, just get the shot and not nasal. I actually ended up getting it at one of the Allergists offices I call on for work (I'm a drug rep) and I verified with him that I could get it from them being pregnant and he acted like it was no big deal. Oh well, hope I didn't do anything bad for baby!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee