Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@PrincessBaby: welcome back and congratulations!! It's great to see you bebopping around the bee again! H will make a great big sister!

2. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Thank you so much! H will be 2.5 when "Deuce" gets here....My heart just explodes when I think of her being a big sister! She's so sweet:)

3. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Ms.Badger: My first doctor's appointment isn't until October 13th, so I've got a while before I'll see anything if this baby! I hope it speaks well of this practice that their first available appointment was so far away.

Congrats to PrincessBaby! I'll wait to update the list until we hear back about your appointment.

4. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@PrincessBaby: ahh glad you are back! I did a double take at first!! congrats friend

5. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@kick641: Thank you! I'll let you know! I just have to survive the next 24 hours:\. The reason I get an u/s so early is actually just because I had a couple of issues in the past that give me pregnancy anxiety, and my OB is pretty much doing everything she can to kind of babysit me so I don't worry. Very nice of them to be so kind to me:). I'm praying so hard for a good update tomorrow!

@sorrycharlie: thank you so much!!! I hope everything is okay tomorrow and I'll get to stay around the pregnancy boards:)

6. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@PrincessBaby: Welcome back and congrats!

7. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

Still can't quite believe that I'm pregnant, and I'm still so hesitant to celebrate for fear of an early miscarriage. Nonetheless, I will join because it is far to early to share the news with anyone but the bees!

@kick641: Good idea using the form. I will do the same

EDD: May 16
    How far along: 3 weeks ?
    First child? Yes!
    First doctor appointment: Sept 25
    Any symptoms so far? Maybe a little more tired than usual and my skin texture is AMAZING!
    Who have you told? My husband
    So happy to be here and get to know you guys

Did you ladies get blood tests done?! My OB office thought it was odd for me to request that I get one, so I said it wasn't necessary. My POAS sticks aren't getting much darker and it makes me a bit nervous...I thought a blood test might ease my mind. Silly?

8. autumnlove

hostess / wonderful watermelon / 39513 posts

@PrincessBaby: Welcome back! Congrats too!

9. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@PrincessBaby: welcome back!!! Congrats!'

10. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Was planning not to join until after my first appt, but oh well, here goes. Happy to be joining everyone for the next 8+ months!

EDD: May 16
    How far along: 4 weeks, 4 days
    First child? No. LO will be 2 tomorrow!
    First doctor appointment: Sept 26
    Any symptoms so far? Some cramping on and off. And getting winded very easily walking around.
    Who have you told? DH. And my dermatologist! (I happened to have an appt yesterday and I had melanoma during my first pregnancy, so he will want to monitor me more closely.)

@Bigskygirl: With my first pregnancy, my doctor did blood tests just because I had a lot of early bleeding. With this one, they just said they will see me anytime after 6 weeks!

11. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@PrincessBaby: @Bigskygirl: @SeptMomma12: Congrats!!!

12. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Bigskygirl: @SeptMomma12: congrats ladies!!!

13. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Bigskygirl: I'm so jealous regarding your skin, mine looks like I became a teenager again. No blood tests, but I will get an ultrasound at 8 weeks to make sure everything is progressing correctly

14. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Ms.Badger: Mine too! I am convinced work is going to figure it out just by my skin alone.

15. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@SeptMomma12: @Ms.Badger: Me too! I'm kind of glowy but I also have two giant zits right now. I can't use my normal products, anymore, either, so I'm expecting it to get worse. Boo.

16. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: @autumnlove: @BandDmommy: Thank you all so much

@Ms.Badger: Thank you! I'm over the moon for you! Congratulations!!!!

I am just continuing to try to survive the next 13 hours or so until my ultrasound. I will let you guys know the verdict tomorrow.

17. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@PrincessBaby: I have to delurk again and tell you congratulations!!!! H is gonna be such a sweet older sister.

18. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@PrincessBaby: yay, you're back!! Congratulations!! Hope you're well

19. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

As of last night I hadn't POAS yet, but I came to this thread and saw all the wonderful first batch of mamas for May 2015 and immediately got so excited for a chance to be one of them.

Well, this morning, I got a pretty little sign!! It's still soo early, and no one knows yet. But, I wanted to share here!

20. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

Just popping in to say we have a heartbeat! 141, 6w6d! We're stoked! I'll "join" officially when I get home later:)

I wonder about heartbeat and gender...H's HB at 6w2d was 128 and as she got bigger, her norm was 160-170. So the high HB ended up being true for her, but I guess it was low in the early days bc it had only just started beating a couple of days prior. I'm wondering how long it takes for the HB to get to it's regular rate. Like if 141 is a regular rate since I'm almost 7 weeks. Or if that's still a "just starting out" HB.

Sometimes I wish I was friends with an u/s tech.

21. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Congratulations!!!

22. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Congrats!

@Princessbaby: Yay for a good ultrasound! My son never followed the heartbeat and gender thing - was always above 160.

23. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: congratulations!!

@PrincessBaby: DD1 always had a 160 heartbeat. DD2 was around 145 at our 12 week ultrasound. Thought we were going to have a boy for a while but she's definitely a girl!

24. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

Congrats May Mama's!! DS1 was born May 2 2013 (on his due date ) May is a perfect month for a baby!

25. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

May Mamas
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut, PrincessBaby
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 15th: Kick641, Keppa
    May 16th: BigSkyGirl, SeptMomma12

TBD: Mrs. Lovejoy

I think this is right so far. Hopefully this list will keep growing over the next couple of weeks!

26. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@kick641: Thank you for tracking!! I think EDD is May 22nd!

Congratulations to everyone! So thrilled for y'all

EDD: May 22nd - freakishly the same EDD as DD (who was born on May 25th 2013)
    How far along: 3 weeks, 6 days
    First child? No. DD is about 15 months!
    First doctor appointment: No idea. Haven't even called yet.
    Any symptoms so far? Lightheaded. Hungry. Oddly energetic (I was soo exhausted 1st tri last time. I'm sure it will hit soon).
    Who have you told? No one! Wee, I'm excited to tell DH tonight.

Does anyone else not really believe it yet? I don't know why, but I can't really believe it until a few more weeks out.

27. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Congrats!!! Have any special plans for telling your husband?

28. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I'm still having trouble believing it because my symptoms are so minimal. It would be cute if your kids had the same birthday, but I feel like that would cause lots of bickering as they grow up!

29. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Ms.Badger: I have no idea! I went to Carters over lunch to look for a "big sister" shirt or onesie for LO, but they didn't have any : ( I think I might just give her something (a note or something similar) to walk over to DH.

@kick641: Yes! Exactly how I feel.. but I guess it makes sense since we're early on. Also, yeah I am sure they would want their own celebrations. DD was a few days late, so perhaps this one will be a little early to give them some time of their own

30. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Welcome and congratulations!

31. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

When will this feel real? I keep taking tests every day fully expecting to see one go stark white.

Another question for you bees...will you be taking DH to your first appointment?

32. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@MrsMccarthy: @LovelyPlum: Thank you!!!!

@oliviaoblivia: @SeptMomma12: Oh good to know that it's not a rock solid theory:) I really have no preference for boy or girl...I think it'd be so amazing to get the new experience of a sweet little boy, and I love our little boy name! But I am very close to my sister, and would love to see two little girls running around my house:) I'm just so curious to know who's in here!

Okay so I'm 100% joining:

EDD: May 2nd

How far along: 6w6d

First child? No. DD is 21 months.

First doctor appointment: Today and Deuce had a beautiful little heartbeat and measured right on track with my CBE smiley face:)

Any symptoms so far? I just have food aversions all over the place. Something will be the most delicious thing ever one day and the next day I'll think of it and get grossed out. I never had MS with DD, so I'm hoping for the same with this pregnancy. My mom never had MS with any of her 3 pregnancies, so maybe she passed a very handy gene on to me:)

Who have you told? I am sucking at keeping it quiet. Our whole families know. And I blabbed to a couple of friends. And after seeing the heartbeat today, I basically want to tell everyone. Today I shared it with a couple of girls that I'm very friendly with at work. Oh and I told my boss pretty much immediately. I am friends with his wife who is also pregnant, and I knew that if someone went wrong it would affect me and he'd have to know what was going on anyway. Yeah, it's pretty much the worst kept secret ever.

I never thought I'd be bummed about NOT being Advanced Maternal Age, but after today's visit I kind of am. I will deliver 2 months before I turn 35, so I am not eligible for MaterniT21 or Harmony. I had been really eager to do one of those and KNOW that everything was okay, but it looks like it'll be the NT scan and Triple Screen. Oh and another bonus would have been finding out gender so early, but we'll just do an early elective u/s like we did with DD and have some fun getting them to tell us at around 15 weeks.

Is anyone else doing any exercise? I have been a total slacker with exercise since finding out just due to exhaustion. But last night I did one of my PiYo dvd exercises and I was pretty proud to have forced myself to get on the mat. I had so much more energy with my first pregnancy!

33. dookie32

kiwi / 538 posts

Hi everyone! I don't get to spend much time on the boards anymore but wanted to make sure I added myself to the May 2015 list :)!

EDD: May 15th
    How far along: 5 weeks tomorrow
    First child? No- I have a son who is 2 1/2
    First doctor appointment: Haven't made it yet!
    Any symptoms so far? Not really anything except my skin looks awful. I was on Accutane when I was in my 20s so I haven't had a zit in years and now I look like a teenager again!
    Who have you told? Only my husband- we won't tell anyone else until after our first ultrasound

34. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Bigskygirl: Yes, DH is going to come to my first appt. They already told me we'll have an ultrasound, so he wants to be there for that. He actually came to almost all my appts with my first pregnancy, but there was really no reason at all for him to be there!

Ladies, I am SO bloated. I legitimately look a few months pregnant. Even DH agreed. Anyone else on the 2nd pregnancy finding that also? I have moderate diastasis recti (stomach muscles separated) from my first pregnancy - my son was enormous and I am not - so that probably plays a big role, but OMG, I feel like there is no way I can keep this a secret for another 2 months!!!

At least that's a symptom though, I guess...otherwise I feel no different right now!

35. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Bigskygirl: DH will come to all appointments with utlrasounds, just like last time. Our first appt, at 8 weeks, will have an ultrasound. Even without the ultrasound, it may be good for your DH to be at the first appt where they go over everything in family history.
    @PrincessBaby: Such a great, strong heartbeat! Totally not exercising and feeling a little guilty. My friend who's 18 weeks is going to yoga on Saturday and I feel like I should join her, so maybe....
    @dookie32: Congrats!!!!
    @SeptMomma12: So, So bloated. I feel gross! Luckily, I think the bloat is staying the same, not expanding, so it's giving me hope that I won't be obvious for a few more weeks at least.

36. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

@PrincessBaby: I am still exercising...running three times a week and doing hiit or barre on the other days. I will be running a 10k in October 4, so I have to keep training.

Dr advised me to keep it all up, as it's healthy for the baby too!

37. xmaskidjr

coffee bean / 28 posts

Hi, everyone. I finally bit the bullet and registered HB...

EDD: May 10
    How far along: 5w5d
    First child: No, we have 16 month old daughter from previous IVF. They are going to have very close birthday, like within a week.
    First doctor appointment: We did FET so first appointment was two weeks ago. We just had first ultrasound this Tuesday.
    Any symptoms so far: No so much. I didn't have morning sickness with my first one so I hope it's same for the second.
    Who have you told: My husband, my side of family and one friend

Very nice to meet you all!

38. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Bigskygirl: Yes! I think DH will come. He came to most at the beginning and ends last time around.

@PrincessBaby: I'm totally feeling the same thing about worst kept secret. Last time around, we waited until 17 weeks to tell everyone (other than waiting on a raise, I have no idea why... It was just kind of fun to have a secret). This time, I want to tell EVERYONE. I want an U/S or to hear the heartbeat first, though. Congrats on yours!

@dookie32: @xmaskidjr: Congratulations to you! welcome to the board

39. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@SeptMomma12: I was looking at bump pics with H and I definitely have like a 10 week bump. At 7 weeks. My husband got home last night after being away a few weeks for work and he totally thought it was adorable that I already have a small bump. He put his hand on my stomach right away and was surprised that he felt something, he wasn't expecting anything to be there, haha (I was wearing a flowy top so he couldn't see). Yep! Already there!

@dookie32: Congratulations!!!!

@Bigskygirl: Wow a 10K next month! My sister is a serious marathon runner and I am in awe of her and people who have the willpower to push themselves to constantly train for such rigorous runs. My sister runs so many miles each week, I can't even believe it. You go, mama!

@xmaskidjr: I didn't have MS with #1 either, so I'm hoping we both manage to avoid that! Congratulations!!! And welcome:)

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Do you think once you have your first u/s you will tell people? I feel like I'm insane to totally come out with it so early, but I just don't have the same fear that I had when I was pregnant with H. I normally have so much anxiety about things in general, and I definitely was a worry wart with H, but this time, I'm just not, and I don't know why. Then I worry myself that I"m going to jinx things by not worrying

@Ms.Badger: Is yoga normally your workout? I love yoga - heated yoga is my heart, but obviously that's out for pregnancy. I bought the Beach Body PiYo dvds and I really like them! They are a good workout, but I don't feel like it's super rigorous - it's just right for pregnancy and a good balance for me to feel like I'm doing myself and the baby good without pushing things to the limit. And I modify things for sure, I don't do any of the ab stuff like the planks or burpees. Which I'm not really too sad about!

40. rrachael

kiwi / 506 posts

Hi ladies! I never joined my due date board last time around and I totally regretted it once my lo was born, so here I am! I'm so excited to go through this journey with you all!

EDD: May 14
    How far along: 5w2d

First child: No, we have a daughter who was born in December 2012! They will be almost 2.5 years apart

First doctor appointment: I haven't scheduled one yet but I'm hoping to this weekend.

Any symptoms so far: Just a little bit of queasiness. I had major food aversion my whole pregnancy last time, so I'm hoping I avoid that!

Who have you told? We told our parents a few days after we found out. I also told a few of my coworkers because I can't keep a secret from people I'm with all day long

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee