Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@Ms.Badger: fingers and toes crossed for you !
    @Mrs squirreld: I'm using Glow Nurture. I like that they give citations for their information. HB message boards are much much better than the ones in the app though...

2. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

Pretty easy appt today. The nurse was awesome and set me up for some hcg blood draws. I know the doubling # is really all that matters, but I'm still very interested to see what number they call me with tomorrow. They also agreed to do an early ultrasound at my next appt (8w3d). I still have trouble believing I'll make it that far, but I'm trying to keep hope.

My nausea comes and goes. I never had any real symptoms with my son (other than horrible, horrible acne), so it's a weird experience for me. I've also been a little more tired and the acne has started to come back. Tonight I suddenly got very sweaty, clammy, nauseaous and weak. Not sure if it's pregnancy stuff or a cold coming on. Ick.

3. Mrs. Oyster

@Mrs squirreld: no app for me quite yet. I hated having to delete it after my mc, so I'm trying to hold off. I've heard great things about an app called ovia though!

4. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Keppa: sending you super sticky thoughts my dear!

5. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Ms.Badger: I totally get that. Having to take back the news once was just so awful, I don't want to do it again! Lightning doesn't strike twice, though I'm content to let all my (clueless, male) coworkers just think I'm getting fat, though you deserve to have nothing but the best of news to share with everyone!!

6. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

Hi Bees, so this is my very first post and I'm so excited! A little about me and my DH. I am 28 and he is 31, we just got married on May 7th and have been together for 4 years. We both wanted to start a family fairly soon after getting married but decided to wait until the end of summer to start trying due to some strategic planning (DH is gone a lot in the winter so ideally we wanted to have a spring baby). So along comes August and we figure, hey why not just see what happens. Well, my eggo is preggo! I just found out today!!! I've peed on numerous sticks and they all come out the same...a big fat +!!! DH is on a plane heading home and I can't wait to tell him!!! I figure I am due around May 24th. It's a little harder to calculate because my periods are generally 41 days apart instead of the "normal" 28.

My only symptoms so far are tender boobs and I've been feeling the occasional cramp or crab pinch kind of feeling.

I have so many other things I want to write but I have to go pick DH up from the airport now. Time to break the news!!

7. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@MsHangry: thanks I'll check that one out.
    @Keppa: I can understand that - hugs & sticky thoughts. Thanks for the suggestion though
    @Tippy0707: welcome!

8. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

We are going to tell our parents in a few weeks when we go visit ( they don't live close by) and hopefully we would have heard a little heartbeat by then - fingers crossed. I think we are just going to get DS a shirt and see if they notice! I like this one!

9. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

I'm so excited to join this board! When I had my LO in 2012, I was more active on the boards but as toddlerhood progressed, that kind of took a lot of my time! I've been lurking on hellobee during my tww but this morning I tested got my BFP! yay!

EDD: May 26
    How far along? 4 weeks
    First child? No, LO is 2 1/2
    First doctors appt: Not sure yet… still figuring out/choosing my ob
    Any symptoms? Some fatigue and mild cramping. With my first, the first symptoms were really sore boobs but this time, they have yet to be sore. I felt mild cramping for a whole week and a half before BFP though and I've been more tired than usual but I wasn't sure if I was just tired from the heat/taking care of LO1 or because I was battling a little cold….I guess it could have been all of the above!
    Who have you told? DH this morning and a couple close friends…

Did any of you experience food aversions early on? We had in-n-out for dinner tonight and I only ate half of my cheeseburger! I usually gobble it up!

10. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

@Mrs squirreld: omg that shirt is so cute! where is it from?

11. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@enjollah: isn't it!! I couldn't resist! It's from Zazzle.

12. rrachael

kiwi / 506 posts

@Ms.Badger: I downloaded the babycenter app, but I'm not super into it. It's pretty generic and definitely geared towards a first pregnancy. If you find one that you like, let us know!

13. blackbird

@Mrs squirreld: I have a carter's "big sister" shirt for E i think i'm just going to put on E and let people notice!

Some of you guys need avatars!!! It's hard to tell people apart with the stock photos.

14. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@blackbird: done and done! Thank you

Telling my family will be a lot of phone calls since we are so spread out. I had to tell DH over the phone because he travels for work. I actually haven't seen him since the BFP

15. blackbird

@MsHangry: Boo PS i like your name. I told DH via text b/c he was at the dr's office and wasn't answering my frantic phone calls. It'll be funnier in the future, I promise

16. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Done! Good call.

17. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I've been trying out Ovia Pregnancy… I'm not sure if i like it much.. too many things going on. Have you found a good one? Or remember the one you used last time?

18. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@blackbird: GL with the ultrasound tomorrow!

19. blackbird

@Ms.Badger: thanks it's at 230 central time!

20. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

Let's see how this looks...
    What do you think? Do you like this format better?

21. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Tippy0707: Welcome and CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    @Mrs squirreld: That is so adorable!!!!
    @enjollah: Congratulations! I have definitely had food aversions, even though I have had no morning sickness. I alternate between craving certain things and then being like "GET. IT. AWAY." When I first got pregnant this time, I wanted goat cheese on everything (I love goat cheese!). I was smothering it on everything, like my eggs and spinach for breakfast. A week or so later, I was like, not able to look at it in the store when I went to buy it. I haven't had it since. It's a gross feeling, but I am grateful that it's not combined with vomiting too!

@rrachael: Ditto on the baby center app. It's lame.

@Ms.Badger: Thank you for putting the calendar together, it looks great!

I just got home from being away at a work meeting. I pretty much have told everyone I work with. I definitely have a small bump by the afternoon everyday. At least this time it's a legit bump, like it's curved and slightly round even though it's small. With my first pregnancy, I didn't really have any curve at all to my belly until I was like 16 weeks or maybe more. I just looked like I was eating donuts all the time or something:)

So I'm pretty lax with telling the news. I hope I don't end up regretting that. I will be 8w on Sat.

22. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: I'll be thinking of you and your LO this afternoon:) I can't wait to hear your good news:)

23. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

@Ms.Badger: I like it! Thanks for taking the time.

Ladies, we need to breath a little more life into our board. Any ideas? I was thinking that at the end of the month, once everyone has joined, we could start introducing ourselves with a bit more detail. After all, we are going to spend the next nine months together...we should become more chummy!

24. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Bigskygirl: I think the questionnaire style posts work really well for learning about everyone, people seem more likely the respond to that structure than open ended, "tell us about you" type posts.

How far along?
    Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds?
    What type of medical professional are you seeing?
    Current symptoms?
    What type of home do you live in?
    Any pets?
    Have you bought anything for LO yet?

25. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

How far along? 7 wks, 3 days

Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds? Seot 22, first appointment and ultrasound, I presume lots of blood work

What type of medical professional are you seeing? ObGyn,
    same practice, different doctor than with L

Current symptoms? Bad acne, nausea (I definitely didn't feel this icky with L), a chubby poof that I'm not sure how long I'll be able to hide

What type of home do you live in? We currently rent a two bedroom condo but we are looking for single family homes and hope to buy by January at the latest

Any pets? Nope

Have you bought anything for LO yet? I'm bad, I bought two sets of the H&M side snap onsies (which are my absolute fave for the newborn, too scary to pull clothes over the head phase), and a set of Aden and Anais swaddles in the RED print

26. macintosh

pear / 1750 posts

Helloooo again! Love the calendar @Ms.Badger!

How far along? 7 weeks exactly

Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds? Final
    ultrasound/closeout with my RE next Weds.

What type of medical professional are you seeing? I'm going in for a consult at a Midwife practice in 2 weeks. I'm hoping that I can do a non-medicated birth.

Current symptoms? Ugh. Nausea all day long. Taking B6, but it barely takes the edge off. Terrible food aversions. The idea of cooking anything grosses me out, which sucks because I still have to take care of DH. A couple episodes a vomiting. My new plan is frozen meals until I feel better.

What type of home do you live in? We just moved into our first home 2 months ago. Love it!

Any pets? Only stuffed animals, lol! My DH had a bunch. He's kind of like a big sweet kid

Have you bought anything for LO yet? Just a onesie that I bought to give to DH 2 years ago (when we first started trying).

We told DH's family on Tues after my 2nd ultrasound,. They were really excited! My SIL was really sweet. Unfortunately my mom already spilled the beans to my brother, but he's excited to be an uncle.

27. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Good idea!

How far along? 5 wks, 5 days

Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds? Sept 26 for appt and ultrasound

What type of medical professional are you seeing? ObGyn (same as my son)

Current symptoms? Definitely very bloated. I look like I did at 14-15 weeks with my son and I thought I popped early with him! I've had a few waves of mild nausea in the last day or so, mainly when I'm hungry. But overall not many symptoms at all. I feel great. Trying not to let that make me nervous. MS with my son kicked in suddenly at 7 weeks, so I know there's still time...

What type of home do you live in? We bought our house 2.5 years ago when I was pregnant with my first.

Any pets? Yes, a cat who thinks he's a dog. (And looks like a dog - he's 17 lbs!)

Have you bought anything for LO yet? No, but I bought my son a Big Brother shirt yesterday. Figure we will use it to tell my parents after our appt next week. If this is another boy, we're not really going to need to buy anything!

28. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

@Ms.Badger: Thanks for getting this started

How far along? 5 and a half weeks

Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds? Sept 25. I will not have an ultrasound until I am between 8-10 weeks.

What type of medical professional are you seeing? OB

Current symptoms? My sense of smell has intensified in the past two days. Very mild bouts of nausea in the morning. I am exhausted and my running speed has decreased.

What type of home do you live in? SIngle family home in suburbia. We moved from our last home in AZ to our current home in IN last November. Over the winter, we remodeled in an out.

Any pets? A Chihuahua

Have you bought anything for LO yet? A pair of baby Keens (shoes). They were an impulse purchase before my BFP...I was kicking myself and feeling silly, because I was certain that we were not pregnant....again...this month. But low and behold, I was able to use them to surprise my husband with the news.

This weekend we are going to share the news with both sets of future grandparents...very nervous and excited at the same time!

29. Tippy0707

olive / 64 posts

First off, thank you Bees for the warm welcome! My sister used Hello Bee throughout her pregnancy and loved it so I thought I would join. I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you all.

I think I'm still in shock! Has anyone else felt the need to continue taking HPT's? I've taken 3 already and feel like I want to do another…just to be sure that I'm seeing what I think I'm seeing. lol

I didn't get a chance to properly introduce myself in my last post as I was on a high of just seeing the BFP and I had to rush and pick up DH from the airport.
    ***Side note: I told DH pretty much as soon as we walked in the door. I asked him if he wanted a snack and proceeded on cutting up an apple. I took one of the seeds, handed it to him and asked him to look at it (I think he thought I was crazy). Then I said "This is about the size of our baby right now…His reaction was something I will never forget.

Here's a little about me:

EDD: May 24

How far along? 4 weeks, 4 days (I think?)

First child? Yes!!!

First doctors appt: TBD. I am debating whether or not to get an OB or just stay with my GP. Do any of you other bees just use you GP?

Any symptoms? Tender boobs & cramps! From what I have read, cramps are pretty normal…but I feel cramps quiet often, I hope everything is ok. I started having cramps 7 days ago and just thought I was about to get my period. Same with the tender boobs. But when I didn't get my period after 4 days of cramps I decided to test, and lo and behold there was a BFP staring back at me. It was quiet the shock!

What kind of home do you live in? We own a 3 bed, 1.5 bath two storey home. We have been there for 4 years and it feels like we are always in some sort of renovation!

Any pets? Yes, we have a 4 year old chocolate lab.

Who have you told? Nobody yet. But I will have to spill the beans to my sister soon or else I will burst! lol DH and I are still talking about when we would like to start sharing the news with our families and close friends. I would like to wait until we have our first ultrasound before telling friends and extended family but we will probably tell our immediate family in the next few weeks.

30. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

How far along? 5w 2d according to my temps
    Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds? Sept 24
    What type of medical professional are you seeing? Midwives & MD practice
    Current symptoms? Fatigue, increased urination frequency
    What type of home do you live in? I am renting a small place
    Any pets? 2 little dogs
    Have you bought anything for LO yet? Not yet, still in the overwhelmed stage here..

Trying to make my bloat into a bump: http://gph.is/12T1AWu

31. blackbird

Everything looks great on my scan!!!

32. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@blackbird: Awesome!

33. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@macintosh: You are amazing, some of these nights I can't imagine cooking dinner dealing with the heat and the smells.

With my first pregnancy, mom my wanted to tell her sisters after I told her, I said that was fine, however, my cousin posted to facebook before I even had a chance to tell my sister. This time I made sure she was first to know.

34. blackbird

How far along? Almost 7 weeks

Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds? Had a scan today! All looks great

What type of medical professional are you seeing? An OB

Current symptoms? Lightheaded, fatigue, wearing out fast at the gym

What type of home do you live in? We own

Any pets? Two exotic mushy faced cats

Have you bought anything for LO yet? Nope! No need to, we have plenty from E!

35. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

@blackbird: That's so great to hear that everything went well at your appointment! I've been wearing out fast at the gym too… so hungry and tired after…Do you go pretty often?

@Tippy0707: haha what a cute way to share with your DH! I bet he'll think of it every time he eats an apple haha. I've also been getting cramping too. It's pretty frequent.. like 1-2x daily but they're really mild. I'm not too worried. With my first, I had TONs of boob ache/sore boobs. It was my first tell. Yet this time around they feel normal.

@macintosh: Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about your MS. It sucks. What does taking B6 do?

@Ms.Badger: Thanks for making the calendar! it looks great!

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Great news on the scan!

37. Mrs. Oyster

How far along? 5w6d

Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds? Have my 2nd blood draw to check my levels tomorrow AM (first level from 5w3d came back at 7,582...which seems good).
    Then I have my intake appt/1st ultrasound on Oct 6th.

What type of medical professional are you seeing? OB practice (different one from when I had LO, and different from my m/c)

Current symptoms? Fighting a cold, so it's hard to tell what's from what....but, some nausea, exhaustion, intense hunger at times, bad acne.

What type of home do you live in? We've owned our home for 5 years now, but just recently started looking into buying in a town nearby with better schools.

Any pets? 3 crazy cats (we had a high energy, needy border collie, but recently made the choice to re-home her with my mom - as she was very depressed and did not make the change happily when our son came along. My husband is devistated )

Have you bought anything for LO yet? No - still too nervous.

Today was the day I started spotting with my m/c....so a small sigh of relief that all was good today. I'll feel a large sigh of relief if I can make it to 7w...

38. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@blackbird: Congratulations on a great and healthy scan!

@Keppa: That's a great number! I think at 5w my beta was 1800:)

How far along? 7w6d (8 weeks Saturday! I can't believe it!)

Next doctors appt / scheduled ultrasounds? NT scan Oct 14

What type of medical professional are you seeing? OB practice

Current symptoms? I get tired, especially after eating. And I am hungrier!

What type of home do you live in? We built a house last year, and been in it just over a year.

Any pets? We have a chihuahua who has been a real turd since LO was born. He is miserable and completely antisocial. He stays in his bed in the laundry room and only comes out when he wants to be let out. Or apparently to pee on the rugs in LO's bathroom. INFURIATES us in a brand new house. We have been in touch with a Chihuahua rescue organization to place him in a child-free home. I don't want to put him in a random shelter, I want to know he's loved and okay. So we're all enduring each other until the right one comes along. I took the rugs out of LO's bathroom and he peed right on the floor. Not a lot, just enough to let me know that he didn't have to go, he just wanted to be a jackhole. It's sad because she adores him, and he hates her and wants nothing to do with her unless she has food (because she always shares with him even though he doesn't deserve her sweetness!).

Have you bought anything for LO yet? No not yet. I'm waiting to find out gender. If it's another girl, we are set! If it's a boy, we are NOT! So much of LO's baby stuff is pink - even her little Maxi Cosi car seat. So we'd have to replace a few things.

The only thing we HAVE to buy are 2 more Clek Foonfs (Gah!), but I think I have to use an infant seat first (I haven't checked yet), so we have some time before we have to buy those...We are moving LO into a Big Girl Bed, so her crib and nursery furniture will be available for LO2.

Oh and we are getting a new glider this time. I want a wingback one so when I pass out due to no sleep, I have a place to rest my head:)

39. Mrs. Oyster

@PrincessBaby: so sorry to hear about your puppy problem! How long have you had him? Choosing to re home our dog was hard (because she was my first baby) but I just couldn't stand seeing her so miserable. She loved my son when he was a newborn, but the second he started moving she was done. She nipped him once and that was really it for me. So, so hard.

40. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@Keppa: Your post made me feel better! I have had Frankie since he was a baby, and he turned 7 in January. He's been antisocial ever since he realized that LO is the center of attention, and it got markedly worse once she got mobile. She loves to go and visit him in the laundry room and that's one of the only things that will make him leave, if she goes in! She is so sweet to him, she has no idea he despises her. He has nipped at her once a few months ago, and like you, that put a layer of hardness in my feelings toward him. He hasn't done it again, but he will growl at her and she always has this confused and a little bit scared look on her face, like she doesn't understand because she loves him so much. I mean, she does mess with him and do funny things like going in the laundry room and saying "Bye, Dog!" and shutting the door and laughing. But she's never hurt him or even pulled his hair when she petted him. She just giggles to death when she pets him:) I really struggled with it, and have been debating looking into it for probably around 6 months. But when he peed directly on the floor in her bathroom a couple of times, I decided that was it. He is miserable, and I refuse to let him damage the house because of it. And I know it's not going to get any better when LO2 gets here, so we need to just do it now!

I really wish he would have adjusted better:(

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee