Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. sunflower123

apple seed / 4 posts

Hi ladies! I have been lurking for the past year or so as we have been TTC and am happy to join this group now!

EDD: May 20th
    How far along: 4.5 weeks.
    First child? Yes!
    First doctor appointment: October 15 (8 wk prenatal appt/ultrasound)
    Any symptoms so far? Mostly increased sleepiness, frequent burping (so embarrassing!) and soreness in boobs.
    Who have you told? My husband and I have each selected two people to tell and I told a close work friend and my sister. We are thinking about maybe telling close family in a few weeks as we will see everyone in NY for the Jewish Holidays. To be determined though...

2. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@rrachael: @xmaskidjr: @dookie32: @sunflower123: Congrats!

3. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

May Mamas
    May 1st: Poprocks7911
    May 2nd: Littlepeanut, PrincessBaby
    May 4th: Ms. Badger
    May 7th: Macintosh
    May 9th: Blackbird
    May 10th: Xmaskidjr
    May 14th: Rrachel
    May 15th: Kick641, Keppa, Dookie32
    May 16th: BigSkyGirl, SeptMomma12
    May 20th: Sunflower123
    May 22nd: Mrs.Lovejoy

We're gathering a great group of ladies!!!

4. Doodlesmama

coffee bean / 49 posts

Hi Everyone! I am feeling excited and nervous to be joining the May 2015 Mamas!

EDD: May 22
    How far along? 4 weeks
    First child? Nope, number 2!
    First doctors appt: Umm, I'll call on Monday.
    Any symptoms? Everything smells weird.
    Who have you told? Husband, Mom, Sister, and In laws (although I wasn't happy about this, wanted to wait a bit)

5. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Longtime lurker, first time member...
    Was too much of a chicken to join the TTC boards, but I'm biting the bullet now!

EDD: May 18?
    How far along? 5 weeks tomorrow
    First child? Yes
    First doctors appt: September 29
    Any symptoms? Fatigue
    Who have you told? Husband, two friends and my Dean (I went to her for advice before TCC. I needed some unofficial guidance of how to proceed once we were successful)

6. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Doodlesmama: @MsHangry: congratulations and welcome ladies!!

7. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sunflower123: congrats and welcome!!

8. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Welcome to all the new May mamas!

9. rrachael

kiwi / 506 posts

@Ms.Badger: thank you! Congratulations to you too!!

@Doodlesmama: what part of sd are you in? I live in north county

10. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

Congrats to all the new mamas! I was worried this would be a small group but there are so many people now! I spent all weekend at a family bar mitzvah and missed all the action. I ordered tonic water with lime slices and pretended I was drinking something alcoholic at all the events. Thankfully that's the last family event before thanksgiving, lol.

11. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

Battling a silly dilemma this week about keep the pregnancy a secret. Hubby and I had planned, even long before we started trying to get pregnant, that we would keep a pregnancy a secret from EVERYONE until at least 10 weeks. Wwwweeeelllllll, his parents have decided to visit NEXT week. I will just be entering my 6th week and we don't have our first Drs apt until next Thursday.

There is little-to-no way that they will not be suspicious while staying with us. To make matters worse, my parents will be furious if they are not the first to know. To those of you that think this sounds silly, you just haven't met my folks This means that I may have to spill the secret to them even before my inlaws arrive.

I am sooo hesistant to tell anyone...I'm not even excited. I know this sounds so odd, but I just keep waiting for something bad to happen. Every twinge and cramp has me worried that I will miscarry any day.

Have any of you had to spill the pregnancy secret before you were ready?

12. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@Bigskygirl: We will probably keep it a secret from my folks until a few weeks after my MIL, under the guise of "wanting to do it in person". But that being said, I am not spilling any beans before a scan!

Why would your in-laws be suspicious, though? Are you really sick?

13. Mrs. Oyster

blogger / apricot / 427 posts

5w3d here. I have an appt to meet with a nurse tomorrow, probably just for piece of mind following my previous m/c. My m/c started with spotting last time at 5w6d (and then carried on until I finally m/c at 7w) - so this week is filled with anxiety and anticipation for me. Truth be told, I'm terrified, but trying to cover it up and think as little of it as possible.

14. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Coming into the group at the tail end of the month!!! Still shocked! I'm going to read back through this thread to get to know everyone but here's me

EDD: May 25
    How far along? Roughly 4 weeks
    First child? Nope #2, LO#1 turns 1 on Friday!!!
    First doctors appt: Nothing booked yet, will call next week I think.
    Any symptoms? Don't think so.
    Who have you told? Husband & LO#1 not that he understands lol!!

15. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Bigskygirl: How will your parents know if your in-laws find out first? Can you trust your in-laws not to say anything? We told my parents at 6 weeks with my first, but didn't tell DH's parents until 11 weeks. It's honestly never come up that my parents knew so far in advance, though we did ask my parents not to share that they knew so early.

We weren't planning on telling anyone yet, but I saw my sister on Saturday and she said "So, when are you going to tell me you're pregnant?" Said she just knew when she saw me. Hoping to wait til our doctor's appt on 9/26 to tell my parents!

16. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Keppa: Will keep my fingers crossed that everything goes well with the nurse tomorrow!

@Mrs squirreld: Welcome!

17. blackbird

Does anybody have scans coming up?? Mine's Thursday!

18. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

@blackbird: My doctor doesn't schedule a scan until 8-10 weeks...so I have several weeks to wait

19. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@blackbird: mine is Monday!!!!

20. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

@SeptMomma12: Haha! It seems logical that my folks may not find out if they weren't first, however, there is a TON of jealousy my relationship with my inlaws. Given that they will have visited, the first question my parents will ask is whether we told them first. I would have to lie...and that's never a good option for me.

@blackbird: My inlaws will know immediately because they are on vacation and wanting to go wine and bourbon tasting. They also usually have drinks in the evening. It will seem odd to them if I am always obstaining. Hehe, no they are not lushes!

21. blackbird

@Bigskygirl: BOO! The only reason I'm getting one so early is b/c of my history. I my office

@Ms.Badger: SQUEEE! So soon!

@Bigskygirl: hmmm yeah....you may have to get super sneaky. Maybe you have plans the day they go booze tasting. I keep O'douls in the garage and I poured it into a glass the other night when we had guests over. Nobody asked what kind of beer it was

22. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@blackbird: are you at all scared for twins? I read that "you're developing baby is the size of a...." Thing and for 6 weeks it was all about how it might be twins! Can't lie, I'm a little scared, hopefully just one little one at a time for me

23. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Next Friday! Could have scheduled it as early as Monday, but it didn't work for DH. Now I am regretting that!

24. blackbird

@Ms.Badger: bahaha. No i think it would be HIGHLY unlikely. I still have ZERO morning sickness. I don't think I'd mind at all, honestly. We'd manage somehow. Since I want 3 kids, it'd be kind of nice to knock them all out, though

25. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: OMG that is brutal. That weekend would do me in, LOL.

26. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

What symptoms are you ladies experiencing (include the week of pregnancy)? This is my first, so I am still trying to parcel out pregnancy- from non-pregnancy symptoms...

27. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@Bigskygirl: not many yet! Only about 5 weeks along. Occasionally I've been nauseous, and the need to eat is urgent, rather than whenever is convenient. My first pregnancy I was EXHAUSTED. So, I'm a littler nervous for that to come.

Oh, and my face is a disaster. First pregnancy it was so clean and perfect (first time in my life). Now, I look like a high schooler. I just scraped a scab off a zit and the Director of HR walked into my office asking why I had my hand pressed against my face.

28. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@blackbird: @Ms.Badger: @Keppa: Yay, your appointments are all so soon! Let us know how they go!

29. blackbird

@Bigskygirl: Fatigue, my boobs hurt, I get lightheaded when i stand up too quickly, my heart rate skyrockets quickly at the gym, and acne. Lord my forehead looks bad. No morning sickness yet.

30. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@Bigskygirl: Such bad acne. My forehead looks like cobblestones. I got my first taste of morning sickness this weekend, and it rapidly got worse. I spent half of last night dry heaving and haven't been able to keep anything down today. I bought some b12 and I'm hoping that I can keep it down long enough to help. Water doesn't upset my stomach yet so I am downing it to keep hydrated. Sore boobs. Definitely moody. I actually had to tell a friend at work I was pregnant so she could help deflect when anyone asks about me being sick. I'm pretty sure half the department has suspicions now.

31. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@Bigskygirl: I have terrible acne, I get dizzy when I stand up most of the time, sometimes it's really bad and I have to sit down or I'll faint, I'm starting to have naseau at least once a day (thought I would throw-up today, but I didn't), and today it feels like I had a really great ab work-out yesterday (i didn't and haven't in quite a long time).

I am so scared I'm going to show super-early. I've told immediate family and some close friends, and plan on telling more distant family after the ultrasound on Monday, but I was hoping to keep from telling work until after 12 weeks and the NT screen looks ok.... I may not have that option.

32. blackbird

@Ms.Badger: Um, i am obviously pregnant at 6 weeks. Everyone at my CF gym knows. Photographic proof. I am slowly coming to grips that I won't be able to hide.

33. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Bigskygirl: Really no symptoms here at all. (I'm 5 1/2 weeks.) I've had a few cramps and maybe my boobs are a little sore, but that's it. Makes me kinda nervous. MS didn't start with my first pregnancy til 7 weeks so I know there's still time, but I would sorta like to feel something now just to know this is real. (You can all remind me of this statement in a few weeks when I'm complaining!)

ETA: I guess I am forgetting the bloating. I look several months pregnant by the end of the day. DH pointed it out last night and I think he felt bad when I told him the baby is only the size of a sesame seed!

34. Bigskygirl

cherry / 133 posts

@SeptMomma12: You and I are currently due date twins and I have the Exact same (albeit minimal) a mptoms...and thoughts. I'm a little crampy, I have slightly sore boobs and I might be a little more hungry. Otherwise, nada!

35. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Bigskygirl: Must be a May 16 thing

36. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@blackbird: Thank you, I thought I was crazy thinking how pregnant I look, I swear I look similar to 16 weeks with L at 7 weeks now. Now with my belly feeling sore and stretchy today, I think I'm a lost cause. Have you decided when you'll tell people?

37. blackbird

@Ms.Badger: DH's moms bday is at the end of sept so provided all looks well, we'll tell family. We'll tell my folks in oct when we see then. I am not telling anyone at work because I am starting a new job soon. Second babies are no joke! So much for being fit heh.

38. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@blackbird: I don't think I'll have any scans til around 7 weeks... so a while to wait yet! Can't wait to see that little heartbeat though
    @Bigskygirl: Symptom-wise I am super crampy, I remember being the same with DS, my lower back is also really sore but not sure if that is related. I'm dreading morning sickness, I had it from about 6 weeks to around 20 weeks last time and had to be medicated. I know every pregnancy is different so I really hope I don't have it as bad last time.
    @Ms.Badger: @blackbird: I'm dreading showing early too, I'm a bridemaid in a wedding when I'm about 11 weeks so I'm praying the dress will fit! It kind of flares out at the belly so fingers crossed!!

39. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Has anyone got a pregnancy app on their phone?... I had one last time and loved it for keeping track of everything, but can't remember what it was called.

40. Ms.Badger

clementine / 918 posts

@blackbird: I never got back in shape after L so at least I'm not losing something I worked hard for, but it will also probably kick my butt as this pregnancy progresses. I was in pretty good shape when I got pregnant with L and things were still tough.
    I'm going to take it week by week but if things get obvious I'm just going to have to announce at work earlier than planned. They are going to be so excited and the news I think will spread around like wildfire, I just fear having to give them all bad news later.... I'm so sick of telling people bad news and them feeling sorry for me. Fingers crossed no bad news this time around!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee