Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 moms!

1. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: So cute!! Glad the placenta moved! I have a growth ultrasound Friday at 28 weeks, so I can't wait to see how squishy she looks compared to earlier ultrasounds (and see how big she is- both of my boys were 8-9lbs at 39 weeks!)

2. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

How did you guys go about picking a pediatrician/family doc? My midwife mentioned I should be doing this and I'm a bit lost on where to start. I don't know any other mom's in the town I live in since we moved pretty recently.

3. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Clementine12: my husband asked his coworkers with kids for a recommendation. One was near our house so we called them and they had us come in one evening to meet them and go over their policies and answer any questions. I think a lot of pediatricians will do similar new patient meet-and-greets.

4. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

May 2017 Mamas
    May 1: Astro Bee (#2) , BrandNewMom (#2)
    May 3: MenagerieMama (#2)
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3)
    May 11: Clementine12 (#1) , schubr03 (#2)
    May 12: ae2 (#1)
    May 14: JessyMess (#2)
    May 17: Emsmems (#2)
    May 18: Mrs Music (#3)
    May 19: adiamond (#1)
    May 21: franconia1113 (#1)
    May 22: combatlibby (#2)
    May 24: ladymarley (#2)
    May 25: Anya (#2)
    May 26: ocean81 (#2)
    May 29: Mrs. Deer (#3)
    May 30: LemonJack (#2)
    May 31: Onyx81 (#2)

5. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Clementine12: I found ours through word of mouth (my sister took her kids there) They do have a "meet the pediatricians" night where you can find out more about the practice and doctors. I think most places have something similar. Can you ask your OB/MW for a recommendation?

6. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@ocean81: I did ask, and the place looks great - but a little more digging and I found out that one of their doctors recently had his license suspended for inappropriately touching a teenager. He's obviously not working there anymore (and I don't know the whole story) but it doesn't give me confidence in the practice!

7. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Clementine12: Yikes! That would turn me off as well. Can you join a local Facebook mom group in your area and ask for recommendations? (Check out Big Tent and then see if your area has a group) Or good old google and then make some phone calls and see if they have any open house nights or times when you can "interview" pediatricians?

8. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Clementine12: we also asked people at work with kids. But you could also post on Facebook for your local friends. Our dr is a family practice MD, (so not just a pediatrician) and she came highly recommended from a few friends. Luckily, she was accepting new patients at that time (she's not anymore)!

9. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Who else is suffering from heartburn? I tried these new alka seltzer gummies and they are my go-to now! They aren't chalky and actually taste pretty good. Tums makes a gummy/chewie one too but I thought it was gross and not any less chalky then the regular tums tablets.

10. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Anya: yes! I just bought those at the store! They are actually quite tasty! I'm a fan!

11. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Anya: I guess I'm lucky because I've had heartburn probably only a few times in my life 🙈 I just have tons of headaches now. Those look good, though!

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

I had a growth scan yesterday and baby girl is measuring 3 lbs! I have one more at the end of March at 34 weeks. Next month should be exciting with my shower and then getting her nursery together. Only 75 days until baby day

13. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Anya: thank you! Going to try these. My heartburn is SO painful and it comes randomly, I have no idea what sets it off.

14. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@ocean81: at my last appt I was talking to the dr about it and she was like "what foods are causing it? ...I don't even know why I'm asking you that, the biggest trigger is just eating while pregnant."

15. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

@Anya: Yay!!! I'm eating 10 tums a day it feels like. I will try these.

16. schubr03

apricot / 486 posts

@Anya: you can actually take a pill daily called Zantac to avoid heartburn. It's an over the counter med. I have the generic Walgreens version, WalZan. My OB recommended it. I don't take it every day because it hasn't been a daily occurrence. But I've been taking the Zantac with a tums or something similar to deal with immediate and long-term effects.

17. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@schubr03: I do have Zantac but I don't like the way it makes me feel so I don't take it frequently. It feels it dulls the heartburn but doesn't actually eliminate it so I get a weird pressure feeling in my esophagus.

18. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

I just had another scan, and they're concerned that the baby is huge. He's 3#12oz at 28 weeks, and they said a typical weight would be 2#6oz for this gestational age. I have to go straight to the 3 hour glucose test now. His head and stomach are measuring big, so I'm hoping it's just constitutional and not GD. I just don't know how I'm going to push out a gigantic baby. DS was only 8#3 at birth, and he felt pretty huge when he was coming out.

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JessyMess: DS1 was pretty big (8lb 13oz at 39 weeks) and I did have GD. I went back and checked and he was 4lb 1oz at 29 weeks. DS2 was on the bigger side, but not as big (8lb 3oz at 39 weeks). He always measured about half a pound less than DS1 did on growth scans and I didn't have GD with him. I just make big babies with huge heads (90+ percentile). I had a growth scan last week and baby girl was 3lbs exactly at 28 weeks.

Fingers crossed you don't have GD and just make bigger babies!

20. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

@lilteacherbee: Thank you!! Your numbers make me feel so much better! I don't like the MFM where I have to go for scans. They're a tad on the alarmist side. I feel better.

21. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JessyMess: You're welcome! I go to MFM too and I remember after that particular scan with DS1, the tech almost had me in tears because she made it seem like it was my fault (even though I had *just* been diagnosed with GD the week before). Most of the techs I have are amazing, but sometimes they stress me out even more. FWIW, when I had GD, I was pissed for awhile, but it ended up not being so bad. I hated watching everything I ate, but once I got used to it, it became second nature. Plus, it went away after delivery, so I only had to deal with it for less than 3 months (and I haven't had it with any subsequent pregnancy!).

Try not to worry too much. Some babies have to be on the bigger end of the curve, you know?

22. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Having a very productive baby day over here! I completed my glucose test and ordered my pump!

Oh and my feet have started puffing up at night... just in time to usher in the 3rd trimester.

How is everyone feeling?

23. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Anya: Yay! Hope you pass! I'm not swollen yet, just exhausted all the time.

I'm 30 weeks today, which is crazy! My sprinkle is next weekend, so that's exciting. I'm getting emotional about my toddler becoming a big brother (I did the same with my oldest and cried for weeks ). He's only 18 months and he seems like such a baby to me still.

24. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

@Anya: I just put hydrocortisone cream on my toes because the puffing up was making them itch. I have to put them up around 7 PM.

Great News: I PASSED MY GLUCOSE SCREENING!!!! No GD for me!!!
    I had some girl scout cookies to celebrate of course.

@lilteacherbee: I'm getting emotional every day about everything. Its always in the evening, and its the same routine. I just start having tons of feelings and my husband laughs at me. That's when I know its time to go to bed

25. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@JessyMess: yay!! I failed the one hour so I had to take the 3 hr last week and I just found out I passed that one!

26. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

@Anya: Wooooo!!!! Such a relief! I'm so glad to hear!

27. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Anya: Yay for passing!

My c-section date is scheduled, if needed. I'm kind of hoping I go into labor on my own before that. I feel guilty for having a RCS as I'm a good candidate (as of now) for a VBAC. My daughter was breech so there is no reason to think I won't have a normal labor. Ah.

28. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

How is everyone feeling? I'm just starting to really feel the effects of the bump (which finally showed up and stopped looking like a big lunch - excuse the dirty mirror here!) - heartburn and achy hips. I count myself as very lucky that things have been easy for me so far. I'm so grateful it's feeling like spring around here!

@JessyMess: I got a mini-lecture at my 30 week ultrasound that the baby was looking big, too. No GD, and I've been pretty healthy in my eating/activity too! I wasn't sure how to take that news. She said the measurements for the legs/torso were long, so I might have a tall baby with a big head - who knows at this point?

@lilteacherbee: How did your sprinkle go? What was it like? I'm going to be hosting one in the fall and would love some tips!

I'm in the middle of a birth prep class at the hospital and have taken a breastfeeding class (it was fascinating!). Finally got the nursery painted (my mom painted a wall with trees - it turned out so good!) and we're slowly getting things together. I work in the tax world so my free time is super limited right now, so everything I can cross off my list is helping me feel even better. What do your nurseries look like? What differences are there between first and subsequent children?

29. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Clementine12: the nursery looks amazing!! Ours was a light green and turquoise for our son, so we added purple this week to make it more girly. I'll take a picture when it's not a mess!

I am also feeling the restriction of the bump. Can't bend over, having to slow down. Baby girl likes to hang out sideways still so that's been weird (my son was head down and in my pelvis the whole third trimester) but she doesturnand go head down too so hopefully she will go that way and stay before she runs out of room!!

I can't believe we are in the single digits for weeks left! It's getting real!

30. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Clementine12: great bump!

I keep doing things like accidentally squishing myself against the kitchen sink because I forget I have a protrusion.

31. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Clementine12: Cute!! Our nursery is coral, navy, and gray. DH finished painting last weekend and we've been moving in furniture and organizing this week. I'll have to take pictures soon!

My sprinkle was great! Small with just family and close friends, but that's how I like it (I hate being the center of attention ) We got some stuff we needed and of course, lots of baby girl clothes!

48 days left for me!! Crazy that in 7 weeks, I'll have a baby (and 3 total kids )

32. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@Emsmems: Baby gymnastics are so fun Does your bump look different when the baby is in different positions? I get lots of kicks up under my ribs and the baby has been head down at all appointments, by sometimes the bump is lopsided.

33. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@lilteacherbee: I love that you know how many days are left! Crazy to be thinking in days instead of weeks or entire trimesters! It must be exciting to decorate and collect items for baby girl when you're used to boys.

34. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@Anya: haha I love this! I scoot up to my office desk too far so my belly is resting against it, then get lots of kicks (I guess because the baby doesn't like that )

35. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Clementine12: yes. When she is sideways, my bump looks smaller (outward) and wider side to side. When she is head down, my bump sticks out more!

36. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Clementine12: Yes! It's fun, but still so weird to have pink stuff everywhere I'm so exhausted and feeling done already. She's definitely my last, so I'm trying not to wish time away, but it's been harder this time around with two little ones! I also sleep horribly while pregnant and significantly better with a newborn, so there's that too.

37. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@lilteacherbee: isn't that the funniest thing? I remember vividly how GOOD it felt to sleep after my daughter was born- even with frequent wakings, the quality was so much better than during pregnancy. I also for some reason became a stomach sleeper after giving birth (never was before) so I am really missing that!

38. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

How's everyone feeling and doing? I can't believe we are so close to having our babies!!

39. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@Emsmems: Feeling okay. Just so much more exhausted this time around, and my stomach feels so heavy! It's uncomfortable.
    How are you feeling?

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Anya: Yes! I just flop from side to side all night and it's so uncomfortable. I'm usually a stomach sleeper too, so I miss that!

@Emsmems: I'm okay, just tired and feeling huge. I have 39 days until my RCS and the countdown helps remind me that this won't last forever!

@LemonJack: I've been exhausted for months now. Subsequent pregnancies are definitely harder than the first time around! My boys are almost 3.5 and 19 months and by the time it's bedtime, I can't move!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee