Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 moms!

1. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@LemonJack: @lilteacherbee: I'm feeling pretty good. Baby girl finally went head down 2 nights ago and it is a lot harder now. She's digging into my pelvis and ribs and I feel much more restricted. Trying to enjoy this though since this is our last and so this is the last 7 (ish) weeks I will ever be pregnant!

2. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

I have the worst cold, I'm miserable. I wish NyQuil was pregnancy friendly. Other than that things are good... still going back and forth between VBAC and RCS and time running out!

3. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@lilteacherbee: DH and I were just talking about that this afternoon. It's been harder this time around and I can only imagine what it'll be like if we do go for #3!

4. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

I am feeling a ton of pelvis/groin pressure lately! I hope it's because the head is wedged in there. I'll find out at my next ultrasound.

5. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

May 2017 Mamas
    May 1: Astro Bee (#2) , BrandNewMom (#2)
    May 3: MenagerieMama (#2)
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3)
    May 11: Clementine12 (#1) , schubr03 (#2)
    May 12: ae2 (#1)
    May 14: JessyMess (#2)
    May 17: Emsmems (#2)
    May 18: Mrs Music (#3)
    May 19: adiamond (#1)
    May 21: franconia1113 (#1)
    May 22: combatlibby (#2)
    May 24: ladymarley (#2)
    May 25: Anya (#2)
    May 26: ocean81 (#2)
    May 29: Mrs. Deer (#3)
    May 30: LemonJack (#2)
    May 31: Onyx81 (#2)

6. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@ocean81: hope you are feeling better today!

7. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

This is my 2nd pregnancy, and I'm feeling uncomfortable sooner. I passed the 1-hr glucose test, but the dr. still made me take a 3-hr test because he thought the baby was so big I couldn't possibly NOT have GD. I passed the 3-hr too, so I'm hoping its smooth sailing from now on.

Weight Gain: eeeek! I have gained 10 pounds in the last 2 weeks! That only shocking to me because I'm eating less because I have no room to put food or energy to get food. My clothes are getting tighter everywhere, and I have cankles. Any tips on water retention?

8. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@JessyMess: oh I'm so glad you passed the 3hr! So I am having the exact same experience- I gained 7lbs in 2 weeks and I was like HOW, i eat such small portions trying to manage my heartburn. Well I think it was a combination of water retention, and (tmi) being somewhat backed up after starting iron supplements. I'm really trying to work on the water retention (the swelling in my feet/legs got pretty bad at the end with my first) so I've been drinking a gallon of water a day, and trying to sleep on my left side. Dandelion tea is also supposed to help.

9. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Yeah head down!! Baby is measuring right on track. That was my last ultrasound unless I end up going over my due date again.

10. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

@Anya: Thanks! I will try dandelion tea and drinking more water. I'm keeping off my feet and sleeping on my left side. I know I can't eat much at a time because there's no room, so I'm picking small portions of healthy things. If I wasn't pregnant I'd be eating MORE!

11. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

OK guys, I had my 34 week appointment yesterday with the midwife and told her what MFM said about the baby already being 6 lbs. She laughed and said that's almost impossible for it to have been 6 lbs a week ago, but then she examined me... and she said it feels like its up to 7 1/2 lbs!!! I trust her not to exaggerate. My fundal height is 38... My blood pressure has been steadily increasing also. She said I might want to think about gentle inducing at 37 weeks if my blood pressure keeps going up. I really don't think my dates are wrong.

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JessyMess: Yikes! Are they going to send you for another ultrasound? I had my 34 week growth scan yesterday and she was 5 lbs 10 oz, so about the size of DS2 and smaller than DS1 at this point. She's measuring about a week ahead by ultrasound, but my fundal height is a few weeks behind (which surprised me because I feel huge!).

13. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@JessyMess: I agree with @lilteacherbee: asking for an ultrasound- surely that is more accurate than fundal height? What does gentle inducing entail?

14. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yep I will definitely have another ultrasound at 36 weeks. The 7 1/2 lb estimate is from feeling him, not the fundal height, and the 6 lb estimate is from an ultrasound at 32 weeks by MFM. I thought MFM was being mostly alarmist and overestimating his weight, so I'm just surprised my midwife actually agrees.

By gentle inducing she means going for walks, having sex, that kind of stuff. As of right now, I will have regular BH every 5-10 min if I'm not laying down, so I feel confident I could kick this into overdrive by just being active. If, however, the blood pressure is an issue and going for walks doesn't cut it, I would try membrane sweeping.

15. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

Somehow today is 1 month until my due date. Where does time go? I think I'm going to have a big panic attack once work finally slows down and I realize how much I have to do and how little time I have to do it.

I received a list of breast pumps that would be covered by my insurance today - I was expecting to choose between 3 or 4, but there is a list of 10, plus a smaller list of available upgrades! How did you ladies go about choosing a pump? Did you like the one you ended up with? Any duds?

16. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Clementine12: most people get the Medela pump, it seems to be the most common as far as getting extra accessories and replacement parts, etc. With my last pregnancy I got a hygeia pump and it was ok, though I have nothing to compare it to. This time I ordered a Spectra. It wasn't available to me last time but I've read many positive reviews (including some on here), so I'm hoping it works well for me!

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Clementine12: My insurance doesn't cover pumps (they are grandfathered in through a loophole 😡), so I bought a Medela PISA with my first LO. I pumped 3-4x a day for almost a year (excluding a couple months when I was on summer break) and then used the same one with my second baby (mainly a SAHM, but I pumped once a day most days). I'm crossing my fingers that it doesn't die before I'm finished pumping with this baby! I like the PISA, but I've never used any other pump. I will say, it was super helpful to have two complete sets of pump parts and extra bottles so I didn't have to wash as often.

18. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@Anya: Thanks! Looks like both the Medela and the Spectra S2 are on the list - I'm leaning towards the Spectra based on reviews, but might upgrade to the S1 since it comes with a battery. I see a lot of comments that it is bulky, but I'll mostly be pumping at home/work, I think.

@lilteacherbee: I've heard it's a good idea to have extra parts on hand, especially if you have curious pets (our dog most definitely fits that criteria), so I might order a set from Amazon for just-in-case. I'm surprised your insurance doesn't cover the pump! I thought they all had to fall in line to ACA standards within a certain time frame. Fingers crossed that your PISA keeps kicking!

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Clementine12: Apparently, if the insurance plan existed before 2010, they can be grandfathered in. I figured at some point, they would have to comply, but I checked again this year and nope! It makes me mad because it's DH's insurance and he's a public school teacher, so they insure TONS of child-bearing age women!

20. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Clementine12: I used to leave the body of the pump at work and just bring home the flanges with my pumped milk at the end of the day. That helped cut down on the stuff I was schlepping home. I just brought the pump home on weekends if I needed it. I also got an inexpensive hand pump that I could use at home in a pinch.

21. BrandNewMom

cherry / 193 posts

We must have a ton of babies by now!! What's everyone's status?

22. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@BrandNewMom: mine is still baking! I'm 37 weeks this week... but have been having tons of Braxton hicks contractions. Hoping that means she's gearing up to come out soon how are you doing?

23. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@BrandNewMom: My RCS is next Thursday at 8am! So officially less than a week left

24. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@lilteacherbee: eek! So exciting!

25. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

I'm 39+1 today and sooo impatient! LO1 was born at 39+4 so I'm going to be chomping at the bit if I stay pregnant longer than that!

26. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

Happy almost May! I will be 39+5 tomorrow and LO1 was born at 39+4 so I'm super cranky that I'm still pregnant. Apparently this baby did not read the book on not coming later than the first born! I'm even going into work tomorrow even though my leave was supposed to start because I didn't want to sit around and be grumpy at home all day.

Anyone have a favorite labor inducing trick to share?

27. schubr03

apricot / 486 posts

@MenagerieMama: hi! I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible. I feel you! I have been trying acupressure and squats and lots of walking. I'm just about to the point of using the breast pump to stimulate contractions.

28. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@schubr03: what acupressure have you been doing? I've been walking a lot and squats (though my knees make me sound like I'm 90 so not tons of those!). I've been on the verge of getting my breast pump out too but feel like that maybe makes me too crazy. DH keeps reminding me that my due date is still a few days away...

29. schubr03

apricot / 486 posts

@MenagerieMama: I don't know the axact names of them, but I'm doing the ones in the middle of my palm and then mid calf on the inside of my legs. Don't feel crazy! I'm 38+3 and I'm already going crazy!

30. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@MenagerieMama: oh no! That baby better decide to come out NOW! Haha! I'm doing evening primrose oil, red raspberry leaf tea, bouncing and sitting on a yoga ball. Sex if you can handle it (so not glamorous at this point, but DH keeps wanting to as much as he can because he knows he'll be without it for awhile. Haha!). I'm going to do acupuncture on Thursday. And last pregnancy, my midwife stripped my membranes and that put me over the edge (but I had lost my mucus plug that morning, so I think it was coming!). Good luck mama!

31. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@Emsmems: my OB stripped my membranes on Tuesday and I was 2-3 cm and 50% effaced. Apparently my uterus was unimpressed! I should find some of that tea. We've had sex too, though not as regular as would probably be helpful because my mom is now staying with us and timing gets awkward when I'm tired so early, ha!

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: @Emsmems: @schubr03: Hope you guys see some progress soon

3 days until my c-section!!

33. schubr03

apricot / 486 posts

@lilteacherbee: Obviously you are a teacher, are you still working?

34. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

38 +3 here and still pregnant!! I've been 3 cm and 70% effaced for the past week. Tons of regular toning contractions, but no real contractions with peaks that stay rhythmic.
    We were concerned earlier that he would be too big to go to 40 weeks, but he stopped getting bigger at 36 weeks.

I have tried:
    Evening primrose oil inserted
    Breast pump used
    RRL tea every night
    Sitting on my birth ball
    Spicy foods, steak dinner, A1 sauce with mac and cheese, pineapple, dates
    Foot massage

Now my strategy is to just be at peace with it and practice my relaxation techniques for labor.

@lilteacherbee: I'm excited to hear your birth story soon!! Congratulations!!!
    @MenagerieMama: I feel you on the crankiness. I won't know what to do with myself if this one goes past when LO1 came!

35. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@JessyMess: I'm glad I'm not the only cranky one! I hope my OB is prepared for a hot mess tomorrow at my appt, haha!

36. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@schubr03: Haha well I used to be a teacher (I should probably change my HB name, but I've been on here so long!). I stopped teaching after my second baby was born because I was so burnt out and I wanted to focus on my photography business. I took my last session on the 22nd and finished editing everything last week, so I'm done! With my first, I taught until 38.5 weeks (a few days before my c-section) and with LO2, we were out for the summer when I was 32 weeks (August baby).

37. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JessyMess: Thanks! I'm so ready!! I still can't believe I'm gonna have a daughter in 68 hours (not that I'm counting )

38. schubr03

apricot / 486 posts

@lilteacherbee: Okay! Well I'm glad you are able to have some time to relax and enjoy the time with your first two kids before you add a third!

I'm a teacher and currently still teaching! Plan on doing it until this baby pops out or my due date, whichever comes first!

39. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@schubr03: Thanks! We took a target trip today and I got a few crazy looks and a "wow, you've got your hands full!" My boys are 3.5 and 21 months, soooo yeah, I'm exhausted (and actually looking forward to a *bit* of a break in the hospital )

What grade do you teach? I taught pre-k/kindergarten, so I had 18 four/five year olds and I remember being sooo tired at the end!

40. schubr03

apricot / 486 posts

@lilteacherbee: I teach middle school. So I currently have 120 6-8 graders. I am exhausted at the end of the day, but really need to work until I absolutely cannot for financial reasons. Plus, I want to save any and all maternity leave for time with the baby. It is kind of funny to be this pregnant with middle schoolers, because everything that happens, every time I have to leave the room, etc. they think I am going into labor. They are all terrified of my water breaking in front of them! (Me too, BTW). So it's fun.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee