Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 moms!

1. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MenagerieMama: glad you are ok now!!

2. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@MenagerieMama: not ridiculous! I wish had the urge to nest. I also want to wait until I have a dresser to put the clothes in!

3. schubr03

apricot / 486 posts

24 weeks today! Isn't that the vitality point! Wooo! Feeling okay lately. Definitely feeling a lot of kicks and movement. But feeling some BH too. Especially today. Feeling crampy all day. And I have been sitting and drinking lots of water today!

Another random rant that makes me annoyed. People always ask me how many months I am, and I never know what to say. LOL! I always go off of weeks! So I found out today that I am 5 months and about 1 week or in my 6th month!

4. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@schubr03: I like to give my husband pop quizzes to see if he knows what week/month is it and I swear he's guessed "19 weeks" every week since 15.

5. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

May 2017 Mamas
    May 1: Astro Bee (#2) , BrandNewMom (#2)
    May 3: MenagerieMama (#2)
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3)
    May 11: Clementine12 (#1) , schubr03 (#2)
    May 12: ae2 (#1)
    May 14: JessyMess (#2)
    May 17: Emsmems (#2)
    May 18: Mrs Music (#3)
    May 19: adiamond (#1)
    May 21: franconia1113 (#1)
    May 22: combatlibby (#2)
    May 24: ladymarley (#2)
    May 25: Anya (#2)
    May 26: ocean81 (#2)
    May 29: Mrs. Deer (#3)
    May 30: LemonJack (#2)
    May 31: Onyx81 (#2)

6. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@schubr03: Yay! I hit viability yesterday!

7. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@schubr03: before I had my daughter I thought it was so weird pregnant women measured how far along they were in weeks, but now I never know about how many months! Same with kids... before DD I'd be like just say she is 1, not 15 months! I get it now

8. BrandNewMom

cherry / 193 posts

Guys, there are THREE May babies that have already been born in my other May 2017 birth group!
    2/3 are totally fine, stable, breathing on their own. The last one sadly didn't make it (born at home).

How far along are you?: 26+0 today!
    Boy, girl, or team green?: Team Green!
    Have you decided on a name?:
    Boy names:
    Joseph Ryan
    Ryan Augustus
    Girl names:
    Madeline Rosalie
    Josephine Rosalie
    What are you looking forward to in the near future?: I really want to sniff a baby. Like, a lot.
    How are you feeling?: Good! Finally not sick. Having some pretty bad sciatica, but got a Fitsplint and that's REALLY helping (I work out 1-2 hours 5-6x a week, so it's crazy high impact)
    What are you craving?: COOKIES. And pizza. Mostly cookies.
    Are you nesting?: A little! I can't remember who was asking, but I washed and went through all DD1's clothes until 6-9mo and got rid of stuff I won't use. And since we're Team Green, I hit up a local consignment sale and picked up a bunch of boy clothes from NB-6mo. I mean, outfits were $1/ea, no stains, EUC and less than 3 years old to be consigned.
    I have a problem and that problem is cute baby clothes.

9. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

This suppressed immune system is killing me. I'm getting over the nastiest stomach bug right now. Luckily for everyone else, I was the only one in my family to get it.

10. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Anya: Ugh, I'm sorry! That is the worst. Hope you are 100% soon.

Does anyone have weird discharge? I had some this morning and it freaked me out. I also had a normally scheduled appt and my midwife didn't seem concerned. It seems to have stopped....

11. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@ocean81: weird how? I've noticed some days I have more, sometimes less. Have you had sex recently? That can change it too!!

I just had my 24 week appt and glucose tolerance test. They said if I didn't hear from them that it was all normal! I haven't heard so I guess that's good! I was, however, measuring at 27 weeks!! I hope that's just an off measurement or a weird growth spurt and not a huge baby!! Yikes!

12. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@BrandNewMom: Wow! I have several friends who have had 23-25 week micropreemies and it makes me a little nervous until I get past that point.

@Anya: Hope you're better soon! Having taught preschool for years, my immune system is usually pretty good....except when I'm pregnant. Both of my boys have sinus infections and I'm feeling pretty terrible too.

@Emsmems: Mine told me I wouldn't hear anything either, but I always tell them to call anyway (I'm curious since I had GD with DS1). My glucose test is next week and I really hope I pass! FWIW, I had two pretty big babies and one GD pregnancy and one non-GD pregnancy, so I think some babies just have to be on that end of the curve!

13. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

Passed my glucola test yesterday! I'm glad because I have a huge sweet tooth and love carbs and it would have been a miserable 3 months. One more week of the second trimester! Is it bad that I am sooooo over being pregnant already?

14. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MenagerieMama: nice! I have mine at my next appointment.

I can't remember, do you fast for the GD test? I forgot to confirm with the nurse on my way out last appt.

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: Yay!! Mine is Friday 😬

@Anya: I don't have to fast for the one hour test, only the three hour!

16. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Emsmems: It only happened once and I think I know what happened. I'm a lunatic, never mind

@MenagerieMama: Yay! Congrats.

@Anya: I didn't fast with the 1 hour last time, but I did with the 3 hour.

My glucose is on the 28th. I failed the 1 hour with my daughter, but passed the 3 hour. Dreading it because I literally had to lay down in the lab as I was going to pass out (for both 1 and 3!) It was so embarrassing!

17. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@ocean81: mine is the day after!

So I went looking through old threads from when I was pregnant with my daughter and apparently I did NOT fast (will still call to confirm that it's the same procedure this time) and also I complained on multiple threads about how miserable I was after finishing the drink So I will definitely bring something to eat right after the testing is done in order to avoid the same misery this time!

18. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@ocean81: I didn't technically fast, but mine was at 2:30 in the afternoon! My office recommended eating no or low carbs and sugar 4 hours before my test. So basically just protein! I just ate breakfast late and like, 10, and then Nothing afterwards.

19. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Anya: Yes, definitely bring a snack for afterwards! I always feel terrible when it's all done. The 3 hour was especially awful because my veins are tiny and apparently roll around, so they stuck me a million times trying to get blood throughout the test.

20. Onyx81

coffee bean / 25 posts

I have been MIA, but I am going to try and catch up with everyone!
    How far along are you?: 24 Weeks
    Boy, girl, or team green?: Girl
    Have you decided on a name?: I think so. I think we are going to go with Gwendolyn.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future?: Getting the new floors completed in the bedrooms, so I can get my son's "big boy room" in order and start the baby's room!
    How are you feeling?: I am feeling ok. Some days I feel crappy still, but overall, I am ok.
    What are you craving?: Sweets
    Are you nesting?: Ehh.. Not really. I wish I was though because I have a lot I need to do!

Ok, I am going to try and read through all I have missed and catch up!

21. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

I've been MIA too!

How far along are you?: 27 weeks!

Boy, girl, or team green?: It's a BOY! 2nd boy!

Have you decided on a name?:
    Henry William, I don't like the nickname Hank. I love the nickname Wills, but not the first name of William.

What are you looking forward to in the near future?: The weather getting warm which will motivate me to nest.! I can't wait to smell Dreft baby laundry detergent again. Also, snuggling the baby.

How are you feeling,?: Mood swings! Its not helping that my husband is travelling for work or grad school 50% of the time, and I miss him. I feel needier this pregnancy than my first. The nausea is better, but I'll still get sick if I eat something not bland. I'm taking ballet class 3x/week, but I'm still gaining weight much faster this pregnancy.

What are you craving?: Chicken cheesesteaks with pickles and ketchup. French fries if they're not greasy. Doughy things like bagels.

Are you nesting?: I want to, but I need my husband to clean his stuff out of our baby's room, and I need to get the urge. I have plans to rearrange much of our house and pinterest boards and timelines for the whole project. I'm just not actually doing it right now.
    One thing I noticed, I'm much more concerned this time around with making sure I have practical things that will make MY life with a newborn easier. I want more things like postpartum outfits and a cosleeper. I'm not as interested in the cute baby clothes this time around.

22. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

@Onyx81: I adore the name Gwendolyn! G names for girls are the top of my list.

23. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@JessyMess: congratulations!
    That's awesome that you do ballet- I used to live near an awesome adult ballet studio that I loved but now I have to get my fix from barre.

24. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

May 2017 Mamas
    May 1: Astro Bee (#2) , BrandNewMom (#2)
    May 3: MenagerieMama (#2)
    May 10: lilteacherbee (#3)
    May 11: Clementine12 (#1) , schubr03 (#2)
    May 12: ae2 (#1)
    May 14: JessyMess (#2)
    May 17: Emsmems (#2)
    May 18: Mrs Music (#3)
    May 19: adiamond (#1)
    May 21: franconia1113 (#1)
    May 22: combatlibby (#2)
    May 24: ladymarley (#2)
    May 25: Anya (#2)
    May 26: ocean81 (#2)
    May 29: Mrs. Deer (#3)
    May 30: LemonJack (#2)
    May 31: Onyx81 (#2)

25. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

I have gone into major nesting mode! May be because I'm feeling the pressure to move my son into his new room before we can do anything to the nursery (DS's current room). This weekend we had no plans, so we worked on DS's new room! Got all the old furniture cleaned out, and now building the new (IKEA) furniture! I'm so excited! It's finally coming along, after talking about it for months!! (Since we found out we were pregnant again, basically!)

26. JessyMess

grape / 99 posts

@Anya: Cool!! How do you like barre? I heard it helps with the pelvic floor strengthening. Whenever DH talks about moving, I'm like "but I can't leave my adult ballet studio!"

27. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@JessyMess: I mostly do yoga but I take barre every once in a while- I like it a lot. I have crazy dreams all the time of doing across-the-floor work (or semi-nightmares of not being able to jump!) LOL. There's no replacement for that!

@Emsmems: that's great! How does he like his new room?

Sooo I'm about 25 1/2 weeks now and I've only taken one bump photo, at 20 weeks. With my daughter I took one once a month 🙈. Second child problems! I snapped this one quickly tonight, but i feel like I need to make an effort to get a few 2nd and 3rd tri pictures, for memory's sake.

28. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Anya: I know what you mean! I took a bump pic every week last pregnancy, I think I've taken 4 total this time. Haha. DS isn't in his new room quite yet, still needs some finishing touches, but it's close! He seems pretty excited though!

29. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@JessyMess: Congrats! We needed another boy in this group

@Emsmems: Yay for being productive!! I still need to work on her nursery, but she'll be in our room for at least a few months, so my motivation is lacking I did move my boys in together a few months ago, so at least that's done.

@Anya: Haha same here- I've taken exactly one, at 20 weeks! With DS1 and DS2, I started at 11-12 weeks and took one every week (even though I skipped a few here and there with DS2). Poor third baby lol

30. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@lilteacherbee: at least i set the bar low the first time by only doing once a month I'm going to try to get one at 28, 35 and 40ish.

31. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@JessyMess: I'm so jealous of your ballet classes! I was pre-pro as a teenager and minored in dance in undergrad but basically stopped dancing after starting med school. I would love to find an adult studio to get back into it at some point!

32. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Anya: Cute bump! I never took bump photos with P and haven't with this pregnancy yet either, oops.

@Emsmems: I'm waiting to nest. When does that happen? My husband finished stripping wallpaper in the baby's room, so I just have to pick a color to paint. I'm excited for that! We aren't buying a crib until we see if DD is ready for a real bed by the time the baby moves into his or her own room. We found a dresser that I love, so I just need to find a chair that will fit in a small space and we should be good to go.

33. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@ocean81: I think it's different for everyone! I feel like the "nesting bug" has hit me earlier this time. But I'm 27 weeks tomorrow so maybe it's the looming third trimester that set me off? Makes me feel the pressure to get things done before I'm huge and uncomfortable and can't move as well

34. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Anya: Haha I was going to do 20, 25, 30, etc and that didn't happen Maybe I'll try to do one at 30 weeks at least?!

Found out yesterday that I passed the glucose test and they scheduled the c-section for May 4th! Just a little over 11 weeks left

35. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@lilteacherbee: oh man, DH reaaaaaally wants LO2 to be born May 4th! He's a nerd I'm due the 3rd but I'm actually rooting for an April baby! That's so awesome to have a date.

36. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@Emsmems: I always tell myself I will clean / organize at nap time, but end up just being lazy!

@lilteacherbee: Congrats on passing! I'm still up in the air on a VBAC / RCS. I am thinking I will schedule and RCS for 39+ weeks and then if my body decides to go in labor by itself, I will try for a VBAC (assuming I'm still a good candidate by then) What will you be for your RCS?

37. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: Haha! That was DH's first thought when I told him the date

@ocean81: I'll be 39+1 for the RCS. With DS1, I was 39+4 and DS2 was 39+3. I've never gone into labor before the scheduled dates, so who knows when she would actually come if left without any interventions!

38. ocean81

apricot / 431 posts

@lilteacherbee: May 4th sounds like a wonderful birthday (That was also my first thought too and I'm not even a Star Wars fan, haha) I never went into labor with my daughter (found out she was breech at 39+2). I'm curious to see what will happen this time!

39. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

I forgot to add that I had an extra ultrasound today to make sure my placenta moved (it did! All looks good). Baby sister (as LO calls her) is measuring over 3 lbs and I'll be 29 wks tomorrow. And we got a sneak at her face!

40. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MenagerieMama: so cute!! I've never been able to get a good face pic, my babies always have their hands over their face at every US.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee