Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2019 Moms!

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jess1483: she's adorable!! (My daughter was notorious for having her hands over her face, she even delivered with one on her face, thanks kid!)

Glad your scan went well!

2. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@Jess1483: So cute! I am glad everything went well!

Baby girl looked great at our scan today! The Dr. said she didn't see any issues. Baby was frank breech, but the Dr said that is common and she has plenty of time to turn.

3. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: so cute!
    My first was breech until about 26 weeks. Dr was never concerned and she turned well before it would have been. Having one head down from the beginning breech is more comfortable šŸ˜‚

4. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I'm going to start the FB group finally. Can everyone post their names on my hellobee wall? I'll invite you and then once everyone is in I will make the group secret. Currently it's closed so all people will see is my name since I'm the admin

5. Tilia

pea / 9 posts

Glad your scans went well today! I'm loving seeing these photos already since I bring up the rear with a May 30 due date.

6. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Tilia: I had an end of the month due date with my first. So hard to watch everyone else do everything first

7. Tilia

pea / 9 posts

@MamaBear87: Right? :). I debated joining the June group, but my daughter was a few days early and my son came three weeks early so I figured May is more likely than June!

8. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Just got a call from my doctorā€™s nurse. She said the ultrasound showed a single echogenic focus. As far as I can tell, the only really ā€œbadā€ thing this could be is a marker for DS, but my NIPT test came back negative, so itā€™s unlikely. She offered a referral to the high risk doctor for a follow-up, which I took. Hopefully they will call to set that up soon. In the meantime, hereā€™s hoping itā€™s nothing. Iā€™d appreciate prayers/positive thoughts/ good stories.

9. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jess1483: especially with the clear nipt I wouldn't worry at all. They think that way more babies have these before around 20 weeks than they used to think just because ultrasounds are so much clearer now. Sending good vibes your way anyway but a single soft marker should be no big thing. I'll bet it's gone before your higher level scan šŸ˜Š

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

I have an extra midwife appointment today because I've got a nasty ingrown hair, I think, but I had a staph infection in college so anything this painful that pops out of nowhere freaks me out. Just want to make sure it's no big deal, especially since we're leaving on vacation next week. Thankfully my birth center is cool and had zero issue getting me in to make me feel better

11. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@Jess1483: thoughts and prayers that it is nothing especially with the clear NIPT!

@MamaBear87: hope you feel better soon. Always good to get a second opinion and make sure its nothing. I would!

I am still so exhausted over here and now starting to worry maybe my iron levels are low? Have not been eating a ton of meat since getting pregnant as it just doesn't sound good. Taking the prenatal though! The second trimester energy boost has not come and I am still just as worn out. Is this common in second pregnancies? I'm 20 weeks on Saturday and was hoping for some energy back!

12. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: I'm way more tired with this pregnancy in general. I think it's having an existing kid, I hardly ever get to just rest šŸ˜‚

13. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Jess1483: dropping in to say I had this with #2. They told me soft marker for DS but I had passed the NT as low risk so wasnā€™t too worried ... we did the NIPT then (18-20w) for peace of mind. So if you already passed NIPT as low risk I bet itā€™s nothing! We did a follow up ultrasound at 23-24w and it was gone so we just got an extra look at baby.

14. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

I had such a hard time getting up for work this morning and kept falling back asleep. When I finally got up I was so dizzy when I sat up I had to lay back down. The dizziness didn't go away for about 10 mins. I was extremely nauseous too. Has anyone had this happen to them? I did put a call in to the nurse because I am a little nervous since I have never felt this way before. Waiting on a call back.

15. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: normal. You likely just had a weird drop in bp, which can happen with all the extra blood we're pushing around. Or you had a hot flash. Neither fun but normal for pregnancy. Never hurts to call though

16. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: Thank you! You were exactly right. Nurse went through my chart and says I already have low BP and need to make sure I am drinking tons of water and eating snack before bed. Man that was not fun! Upping my water intake today and making sure to eat small frequent meals.

17. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

I had a regular 21 week appointment yesterday, and everything looked good. This was the first time they measured my fundal height, and apparently I am measuring big. I have only gained 4 lbs though. Baby was measuring in the 72 percentile at the anatomy scan. Dr said they will probably do a growth ultrasound at around 28 weeks if I continue to measure big.

18. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: I get the dizzy nonsense occasionally. Make sure you sit down immediately if it happens when you're up. Then if you can have someone else grab you water and a snack. If no one is around stay down until it goes away.
    I started a plant based protein shake yesterday to try and help with more protein to get my body more stuff (my body seems to be ignoring itself to take care of baby. Hence all the terrible skin issues šŸ˜£)

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: I measured ahead occasionally last pregnancy and had an 8lb baby, just slightly above average, so don't put too much stock in that. My midwives this time don't even do fundal height measurements because everyone's anatomy is slightly different and it's not a very good indicator. But yay for extra scan to see baby!

20. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jess1483: just saw your update. I hope everything resolves - have you heard from high risk doctor?

21. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@paigeface: hope you are feeling better! Dizziness is the worst.

22. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

I had my anatomy scan today and baby girl is doing well. Sheā€™s measuring 19th percentile so I have to go back in 4 weeks for a follow up growth ultrasound.

Hope everyone has a great New Years! I stayed up late watching a movie last night and now Iā€™m really tired so I doubt I will make it to midnight tonight

23. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@bhbee: Thanks for dropping in. This is probably the first time Dr. Google has ever been reassuring. It sounds like the chances are really good that it's nothing.

@magnolia: Thanks for checking. I finally called today and they have me doing an ultrasound next Wednesday. So I will know more then. I feel pretty calm about it, but my husband leaves to go out of town next Monday and will be gone for two weeks, so that's a bummer. I'm trying to just embrace this as another chance to see baby girl, but I wish my husband could be there just in case.

24. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jess1483: do you have close friend/sibling/parent that lives close by? I had to have weekly ultrasounds through my 3rd trimester that basically determined if I was staying pregnant that week or not. My husband couldn't make all of them, but my sister tried to come to all of the ones he couldn't. It hells having someone other than medical staff there when the news could be good or bad.

But definitely take it as an opportunity to see baby. That helped with the stress for me; and everything turned out fine, only had him a week early, and he never had a problem during our hospital stay or after related to what they were monitoring.

25. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Sams Mom: My parents are in town, and I'm super close to my mom, but for some reason, I don't really want to even tell her about this (I haven't mentioned the ultrasound finding at all). I'll have to decide whether I want her there or not.

26. Sams Mom

grapefruit / 4492 posts

@Jess1483: my mom is a notorious Google-er, and that would stress me out. So I just told her that they're following up on something that might be a problem, and we will address the problem if it is a problem.

Thankfully she went with it and would just ask if we were ok that week. (She also told her boss that any given Friday between now and me having a baby she might be leaving the office and they'll have to figure it out šŸ˜‚)

So maybe just ask your mom too attend the extra scan and tell her it's just to double check something that MIGHT be a problem.

27. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@Sams Mom: I might do that. I think my problem is the opposite. My mom is a bit of a pollyanna. When I was pregnant with my m/c, I just knew something was off. I told her and she was a bit dismissive (in a kind way--"oh, I'm sure everything is fine.") Which made it even harder when the news was really bad. But I'll definitely give it some thought.

28. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

Just came to update you guys we found out today at our 20 week scan that it's a GIRL! my feelings were actually right this time around. really thrilled!

29. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@paigeface: awww!!! Hooray! Congratulations thatā€™s so exciting

30. Tilia

pea / 9 posts

@paigeface: Congrats!!

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: congrats on a healthy girl!!

32. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: @Tilia: @magnolia: Thank you all so much!

33. Tilia

pea / 9 posts

@paigeface: I have my anatomy scan next week and I'm anxious to find out what we are having. At first I wanted to wait, but my husband really wants to know. Now that we have decided to find out I really want to know

34. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@Tilia: I wanted to wait too since its our last (we have a 3yo boy) but I couldn't look at all the fun stuff anymore and not know! My husband has wanted to know from the start so we had them seal it in a envelope and we opened it together after the scan. It was a special moment between just the two of us. I feel really relieved to know! I am glad I didn't wait but that's just me.

35. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

Mamac626: May 5th
    Kat5: May 7th
    Mamabear87: May 7th
    Nicollette1189: May 7th
    Jess1483: May 9th
    Ncsuchick27: May 10th
    Ms_sc: May 15th
    Paigeface: May 18th
    Luminescence: May 23rd
    Magnolia: May 25th
    Berly: May 28th
    Tysonja: June 1st

Updated! Let me know if I missed anyone

36. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Phew. Okay, I just had the longest ultrasound ever. Updates:

1. EIF is still there, but no other DS markers present. He basically likened an EIF (in isolation) to a freckle. Not technically "normal" but not necessarily a problem. It basically didn't change my odds of DS (which were <1 in 10,000) from the NIPT screening. I had also read that it's more common with Asian mothers, but it never mentioned baby's ethnicity. When I told the doctor that my husband is half Japanese, he said that probably contributes.

2. He did detect a velamentous insertion of the baby's umbilical cord to the placenta. He said it isn't a huge deal, but that we will need to monitor her growth, so another ultrasound at 28/29 weeks, and potentially more after that. They probably wouldn't let me go past 40 weeks, and I may need non-stress tests as we get close to 40. It could also cause problems in labor so I shouldn't labor at home and should remind the doctors during delivery if I can remember it.

So now I'm thankful for the EIF for alerting us to this It shouldn't be a problem, but I'm glad to know we're watching it carefully.

37. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jess1483: wow thatā€™s a lot! .. how are you feeling? Did you end up going to the appointment with anyone ?

Iā€™m frustrated because I had a high blood pressure reading at my appointment a few days ago and now I have to take it everyday. I think I have white coat syndrome but I have also gotten a few high readings at home. Iā€™m trying to eat better and exercise. Itā€™s weird because Iā€™ve never had blood pressure problems in my life

Also wondering if itā€™s too early to have Braxton Hicks contractions? Iā€™m 21 weeks and my stomach/uterus has felt kind of hard a few times in the past 24 hours. I donā€™t remember when they started when I was pregnant with my first

38. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@magnolia: I ended up going by myself. I think it was the right choice for me. A few people knew (I needed a sub for my class and I told a couple friends), so I was able to update them soon after. I feel okay. This seems totally manageable and right now it hasnā€™t affected babyā€™s growth in any way. The doctor almost told me about it as a throwaway, so he didnā€™t seem concerned. Iā€™ll talk to my own doc at my appointment next week, but Iā€™ll take the known over the unknown

39. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Jess1483: sounds like mostly good news! My friend had that type of cord issertion issue and other than some extra ultrasounds she and baby had no issues. Fingers crossed you have the same experience!

@magnolia: I had high readings at my ob most of my first pregnancy. I kept track at home and it was always normal so if you're getting some high readings I would definitely keep an eye on it. It is likely just the extra load pregnancy is placing on you making it high.

I've been getting bh since like 16 weeks occasionally. They suck way more this time somehow.

Anyone else just feel so achy already? I'm already waddling at home some just because my pelvis hurts so much and I'm so grouchy to my 3 year old. Trying to enjoy this pregnancy but it's hard when just getting up and walking hurts!

40. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@Jess1483: Thank you for the update! Thinking of you and glad that everything is on track with baby.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee