Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2019 Moms!

1. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: my hubby loved feeling our daughter so I asked if he was excited for this time and he said "not really. I've actually held one of our kids now so it's not that exciting" šŸ˜‚

@Jess1483: that's crazy early! Makes me feel a bit less crazy though that I can sometimes feel him from the outside though. He's been super quiet today. Makes me so nervous

@magnolia: I'm good. Tired following around a 3 year old but definitely feeling better in the second tri

@paigeface: having that envelope is so hard! What are you doing to find out?

2. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@MamaBear87: I fell on my 6 year-old's school playground on Monday--hard! Then I went straight to teaching a classroom of 3 year olds. I can almost always feel her kick if I'm still, but there's just zero chance of me being still at preschool, so I was stressed out for hours until I could be still for long enough to feel her again. Since then, I've heard the heartbeat and all is well, but it really is scary!

3. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@magnolia: I am not sure what to do or how long I will last with the envelope in my hands before ripping into it. I wish I had better self control. My husband doesn't want to do a gender reveal and I am not sure if I want to either because I am afraid my reaction won't be great! HAHA

4. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: No plans to do anything to find out so far and we might just open the envelop together just my husband and I (maybe my mom too because she is dying to see if she's right!) If anyone has any good ideas for a small gender reveal I'm open!

5. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@paigeface: hahha! Iā€™m not a big gender reveal person. I didnā€™t even have my husband listen in when my midwife called me with my NIPT results because I just wanted to find out. Maybe you can just plan something nice for yourself after?

6. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Jess1483: ugh I work in a school also and Iā€™m constantly getting bumped into by kids. Hope you are feeling better !

7. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: this was me. I didn't want to find out in front of people. It was fun to open the envelope with my hubby though!

@Jess1483: it's the worst when you don't feel them for awhile

Any one else have terrible sciatic and hip pain whenever you have sex? It sucks so much. I have no drive while pregnant and then whenever we do I hurt so bad the rest of the day. I feel so bad for my husband!

8. Kat5

pea / 15 posts

At 18 weeks this week, I am FINALLY certain that what I am feeling is the baby moving. That has definitely been the most exciting part of my week. Hopefully it won't be too long before my husband can feel it too?

@paigeface: I'm impressed with your patience! I couldn't even wait for my husband to find out the NIPT results. Since my in-laws don't know you can find out so early (this is the first grandchild on both sides), they haven't even asked us yet. We are planning revealing to them on Christmas that it's a boy. I have my anatomy scan next week, so I'm hoping I'll have a decent ultrasound to accompany the "It's a Boy!" frame I bought for the occasion.

@MamaBear87: It's not terrible, but yeah I do have some sciatic pain after. At first, I wasn't sure the two were connected, but I am now. Hopefully yours will improve!

9. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Kat5: we couldn't feel my first from the outside until like 22ish weeks...I did have an anterior placenta with my daughter. This pregnancy I've been able to feel the little guy from the outside since last week at 17 weeks.

Unfortunately last pregnancy it just got worse so I'm not holding my breath that it will improve at all šŸ˜£

10. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@Kat5: aw itā€™s so magical to feel those baby flutters .... kind of makes all the horrible pregnancy symptoms worth it

@MamaBear87: Iā€™m sorry to hear about the sciatica .... I have no energy for sex... poor DH

I woke up with a crazy leg cramp on the back of my calf at 2am and was limping around all day today . So happy itā€™s friday. This weekend is my sonā€™s birthday so I hope my leg gets better tonight...

11. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: I get the leg cramps if I stretch wrong. The moment they happen if you stretch your toes up instead of down they'll usually go away with no further pain. They suck so much though!

I have zero appetite for sex and then feel so bad when he gets me in the mood and after I'm dying šŸ˜‚ oh pregnant sex

12. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

How's everyone been feeling? How are your appointments going?

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: I'm feeling pretty good these days. My pelvis hurts and I have sciatic pain but it's gotten better as baby moves out of my pelvis. I'm feeling daily movement too so that's amazing.
    My anatomy scan is Thursday! I can't wait, haven't seen this guy since 8 weeks!

How are you feeling?

14. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: So so exciting! I think I have felt a few tiny kicks or flutters but nothing big yet. My anatomy scan is 4 weeks away. I am still really exhausted which is funny because I thought I'd start to get some of my energy back at 17wks. It hasn't come back yet!

15. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@paigeface: feeling yucky today. I overdid it for my sonā€™s birthday weekend. Iā€™m getting to the point where picking him up is uncomfortable. I had bunch of (tmi) cramps and gas today and I hadnā€™t felt the baby move in awhile so I was freaking out a bit. But then my tummy felt better and she started moving around a lot. Maybe just wedged in a strange place ... or sleeping

16. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@paigeface: hope your energy comes back soon! Mine comes and goes. I always want to go to bed at 8pm but then wake up way too early

17. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: hope your anatomy scan goes great!! So exciting. Mine is scheduled for 12/31. Just not looking forward to the ā€œfull bladderā€ part

18. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@magnolia: I am in bed right after dinner! Usually asleep by the time our 3yo goes to sleep at 8:30pm! So cool you are feeling the baby. I wish I was! I hope you're feeling better

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

No anatomy scan today šŸ˜­ the tech is out sick. Have to wait until Saturday now. So not good at this waiting thing

20. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: they didn't say anything to me about a full bladder. I think that's just for the early ones

21. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@magnolia: They told me I don't have to have a full bladder for the anatomy scan. Mine is next Thursday.

22. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: I am not good at waiting either (as you can already tell from all my gender posts haha!) Such a bummer you have to wait! Is it this Saturday at least?

23. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: no its tomorrow. I would have lost my mind if they'd made me wait more than a week.

24. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: Whooo! They pushed mine back until second week of Jan since my doc is on vacation until then

25. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: that sucks! Does your ob do your ultrasounds?

26. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

My scan went great. Baby boy was moving all over! Head nestled right into my cervix (had to do TV to measure my cervix šŸ˜‚), posterior placenta and his legs are already up above my belly button.

Love the ob that does our ultrasounds. They gave us an extra picture for my daughter and it's just so nice to go somewhere that isn't crazy rushed

27. magnolia

persimmon / 1168 posts

@MamaBear87: oh my goodness!!! So cute ! Itā€™s still astonishing to me how cute they are even in utero! How nice your ob does them too. I have to go to another site (although itā€™s reallly fancy/posh location so I kind of enjoy it) ....

@NCSUchick27: I donā€™t know why but they told me to have. Full bladder for my anatomy scan in two weeks! So weird

28. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@magnolia: oh I also have to go elsewhere. My midwives don't do ultrasounds (they do have an old school machine for cases of not being able to find the hb with doppler though). We go to the really hippy ob in town for all ultrasounds, they just also are a small laid back practice. I have a midwife appt on Wednesday to go over results but everything looked fine

29. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@MamaBear87: So cute!

30. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: He's super particular and likes to do all of his own ultrasounds which I like because he's the best! Baby boy is a cutie!

31. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@SupernovaJ: thank you! I think he's pretty dang cute too.
    @paigeface: thanks! Hopefully your wait for your scan goes quickly

32. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

DH and I decided to have the doctor write down the gender and put it in an envelope for us but not tell us in the room. Do they turn off the screen when they get to the gender parts?

33. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@paigeface: I would make sure you tell them before they even start the us that you don't want to know in the room. I know someone that they put the transducer on in exactly the wrong spot and they found out at the beginning so don't look when they first start. And yes our tech said she would have turned off the big screen if we didn't want to know

34. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

@MamaBear87: thank you! SO good to know. Our baby has stayed right smack dab in the middle to so I could see this happening.

35. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

Our anatomy scan is at 2:30 today. I am excited about seeing baby girl. We haven't seen her since 10 weeks. Hopefully everything looks good.

36. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

@NCSUchick27: mine is this morning! Hope everything looks great for you!

37. NCSUchick27

clementine / 995 posts

@Jess1483: I hope everything looks great for yours too!

38. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NCSUchick27: @Jess1483: hope everything looks awesome! It's so fun to see the babies again!

39. paigeface

kiwi / 529 posts

hope everyone's scans go wonderfully today!

40. Jess1483

nectarine / 2641 posts

Baby flipped 3 times during my ultrasound and was quite uncooperative about moving her hands away from her face, but the tech said things look good (of course, we have to wait for the radiologist) and we got this peek-a-boo shot finally (thank goodness for a patient tech!)

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee