Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: @NerdBee: Thanks, ladies!

2. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsHansen82: congratulations!!! I LOVE that two early May ladies already got BFPs!

In other news, I'm watching a friend's 3 month old this morning in addition to my 13 month old - OMG, it is insane. Of course LO would be a lot older by the time our own #2 comes along, but it is a lot harder than I expected.

3. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsHansen82: YaY!!!!! I'm so excited for you!!! Have a happy and healthy 9 months my dear.

Seriously encouraged by the quality of my cm this month which is just crazy fertile and abundant. Trying not to get my hopes up but it does seem like a good thing.

4. HellOnHeels

clementine / 899 posts

@MrsHansen82: @Anya: So exciting, ladies!! FX for sticky babes and a H&H 9 months!!

Sitting at 6DPO today. Trying to keep myself busy so I don't obsess. I got a treadmill for my birthday, so I'm trying to get into a routine of using it, as it's incredibly muddy around my house I can't walk outside. Just trying to get into a healthier lifestyle in general, focusing on me and my health. Also not obsessing over my temps or CM. It's all been helping a little.

5. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@MrsHansen82: Congrats! Yay! H&H 9 months!

6. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Fertile CM is always good! This cycle my CM was off the charts around O, so maybe it's a good sign for you!

7. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Starting to change your mind...?

8. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@MrsHansen82: congrats!!!

I am more of a periodic lurker on here. I am rooting for everyone but I honestly get grossed out reading about CM

but, seem to be right on schedule over here. woohoo!

9. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@simplyfelicity: http://www.parenting.com/article/how-cervical-mucus-helps-predict-your-most-fertile-days

That article is a pretty good overview. If you need more info, I periodically reread TCOYF to remind myself how to distinguish between what type.

Sorry SorryCharlie!!

10. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@MrsHansen82: congrats! that's exciting!

@MrsMccarthy: that sounds promising!

FF friend right now has my crosshairs placed at CD 18, however, I never had a temperature shift. On CD 23 I did get a temp shift, so I'm changing my poas date from April 28th to May 3rd. I'm surprised that after 6 consecutive days of higher temperatures that FF hasn't changed the date. It doesn't make any sense where my crosshairs are right now.

11. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@MrsB2012: can you post your chart and maybe we can help?

I had a lot of CF this morning (I'm O+2 or 3) and FF changed my solid cross hairs to dotted ones because it doesn't like seeing CF after O.

But I'm pretty darn sure I Oed!

Maybe it's reading more into your CF signs?

12. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MrsHansen82: Nope - just realizing we have a lot more work to do teaching LO to listen to "no" and baby proofing on the house. It was tough around nap time trying to corral him!!

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@sorrycharlie: Bahahaha! Yeah, its really gross when it is someone else's. I was on a different board for a little where ladies would legit post pics of it. Yep--that's why I am on HB now!

14. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

I hate googling about it because google offers pictures along with links. I wish there was a way to block the photo search!

15. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: Hahahaha...I know, right?! Why can't they just use illustrations?! Ick!

16. MrsB2012

nectarine / 2466 posts

@MaryM: I took out my secondary signs and it moved my crosshairs to cd23 now. You need to have a temp shift to confirm O so CD 18 didn't make any sense.

I'll see if I can figure out how to add my chart

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/mrsb2012

17. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@MrsB2012: that makes a lot more sense! I bet it was going off your W before.

So...this just happened. I'm hoping it's true.

18. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@MaryM: seriously teared up a little reading your fortune! I so hope it's true for all of us!

19. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@eabae: I hope so too!

20. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MaryM: oh!!!! FX!!!

21. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I'm sure when your second LO arrives your mamma instinct will help you. It was probably difficult with someone else's baby when you don't know every whine and whimper.

22. HeartAbandoned

clementine / 933 posts

Sorry I'm late to the party, but Congrats @Anya: & @MrsHansen82: !!

23. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@HeartAbandoned: Thanks! Soooo excited!!

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: Dang! That is definitely not a bad sign!

25. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Okay, so I have a question about BD timing...I am trying to decide on a plan. DH and I talked about doing EOD from around CD 11-CD 17 (I typically O either cd 15 or 16) I am also considering ED from CD 13-15.
    A part of me wants to cover more bases by doing EOD because of my CP and how that might affect my cycle and I am not using OPKs this cycle. However, another part of me is concerned about sperm longevity. DH has no known issues with it. On the flip side, I wonder if I should do a shorter ED plan because that's how I got PG before. (I did o-2, o-1 and o that cycle.)
    I figured that with all the CM talk, BD talk was a "safe" topic. Any helpers?

26. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: I suggest EOD! If you want to help things along you can use instead cups or something like thy but theoretically the spermies should survive long enough especially in good quality CM! ( sorry again @sorrycharlie you will probably need to go throw up now! Tmi and poas go hand in hand I'm afraid).

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Bahahaha! You legit made me laugh out loud! But let's be real here, it takes sex! TMI: I am never short supply of CM during FW.
    Okay, so according to FF I was supposed to O CD 16 but actually O-ed CD 15 from OPks last cycle. So, would you recommend BD 11, 13, 15, & 17 or BD 12, 14, 16, 18? I am leaning towards odd numbers but I am still so very new to all this. Thanks for the TMI help!

28. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@simplyfelicity: Maybe EOD on 10, 12 and ED from 14-17? I tried to cover a week's worth of BD this cycle... hoping that does the trick

29. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I love my husband, but last cycle, we BD cd 7-15 with one day off and we didn't want to look at each other because we were so tired of sex. I know the super early BD did nothing, but we were a bit overzealous our first cycle trying and burned out. That's why I am leaning toward EOD but I also don't want to miss out. If we do EOD, I might also "sneak in" CD 14...

30. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Fingers crossed for you!

31. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@simplyfelicity: Hahaha, yeah, that's us right now. We BDd every day CD10-12 and 14-16. Just skipped CD13, which makes me nervous! Can't keep this up month after month thanks for the good luck! - you too

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Dh and I talked and decided on ED from Cd 12-_cd 17..he didn't want to "schedule sex" before so I was nervous about bringing it up but he was like "ok!!!" I told him it would still be fun but gave us a better chance. After the CP, I think he wants a baby as much as I do. Which is different than last cycle because he just wanted to be easy, breezy. I can't believe I am excited because my Dh agreed to a sex plan, haha!

33. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Tomorrow is the start of May! everyone!!!

I'm supposed to start POAS tomorrow....but I'm only 9dpo or so then. I think I'm going to try and wait until Friday (May 2nd) or later. Trying so hard to put it off!

34. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@ValentineMommy: Good luck with waiting!! I'm only 5dpo and I'm already getting anxious to pee on something.

35. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MaryM: it's awful. I'm symptom spotting like mad and I know if I see a BFN at 9dpo it's going to send me over the edge! lol

36. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@ValentineMommy: I'm pretty sure the most common implantation day is 9dpo and that means it is likely to be a BFN, so if you do test just keep that in mind.

37. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Radish: Thanks! I'm going to push it as long as I can to POAS!!! There's just so much pressure! lol

38. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@ValentineMommy: When I'm tempted to test early, I've been referring to this chart. If less than 50% of pregnant people seem to get a BFP the day before AF...then I think I might as well save the pee sticks until chances are greater.

(or at least that's what I'm telling myself this month. Last month I went through about 8 tests. lol)

39. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Ugh! I am so unsure about my ovulation this month! I don't have any OPKs just my monitor so I can only test once in the morning. All signs are telling me that I am in peak fertility but my monitor is still giving me highs. Here was the stick in the monitor today. I see estrogen and lh looking pretty equal. Shouldn't that mean a peak?

40. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: good luck! Glad hubs is fully on board!

@ValentineMommy: you ain't put yet sister!

@keepcalmcarrie: I think your timing sounds great!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee