Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@sorrycharlie: I would reschedule! If you get KU they will probably do a pelvic at your first appointment anyway. (That's what they did when I was just over a year- lapse in health insurance- and got pregnant with #1.) I was supposed to go in January too, but we were going to make a long distance move, and then life got in the way, and on top of that I'm thinking I want to go with a different OB this next time around so I have been slacking in looking for one. Eeek.

2. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Morning everyone.. I can't believe what I'm about to post. My spotting tapered off and for some reason I decided to test this morning. I am in complete shock!

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Anya: Congratulations again!! I KNEW this was your month.

ETA: it was totally the fertility Easter salad...

4. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@Anya: Congrats!!!!!!! So exciting!!!

As for me, I can't stop symptom spotting. I'm driving myself insane at this point and can't test for another few days! Argh this is nerve wracking.

5. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

@Anya: aaaahhhhhhh!! congratulations!!!! how many dpo are you? how exciting!

ETA: I just looked back at your posts to see your dpo. Did you continue temping after you thought you got AF?

6. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@Anya: Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!!

7. LBee

pomegranate / 3895 posts

@Anya: Congrats! Maybe there is some good luck to hosting / running the list?

8. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@theotherstark: @ValentineMommy: @eabae: @sheskrafty: @BakerBee: thank you!! I am 12dpo. Trying not to get too excited yet, because the bleeding on sat is pretty concerning. But TODAY I am pregnant!

9. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Anya: Congratulations, lady! Could have maybe been implantation spotting over the weekend? When you're ready, join us on the January due date board!

10. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@Anya: Yaaay~ Congratulations!!!

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Anya: Congrats!!!!

12. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@mfa_lady: thanks! I guess it is possible!
    @snowjewelz: @simplyfelicity: thank you ladies!

13. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Anya: When I read about your spotting, I totally thought IB based on your timeline. Congrats!

14. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@Anya: Aaaack! That's so great! Congratulations! You've given me new hope. So happy for you.

15. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@BakerBee: I think u might be right!

16. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@Anya: Congrats!!!!!

17. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@Anya: yay! congrats!!

So I have a question that I have been struggling with. I was all set to start TTC #2 this month but I just got invited for an interview for a really great job. Should I put off TTC on the off-chance that I actually get this job? Would it be terrible to start a new job already preggo? What is worse, to start a job preggo or to get preggo shortly after starting a new job? If it matters, I am in Canada and would take a 1 year mat leave. What would you do?

18. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

Congrats Anya!!!

@NerdBee: I would weigh what you would end up being more upset about in the long run. Initially DH and I figured we'd put off TTC until I was out of grad school...but then I realized in the scheme of things...a degree is NOTHING compared to a human life! It's just a thing.

But I think only you can make that decision as to where your priorities lie.

AFM...FF says I O'ed on Friday, but I'm not sure how true that is since I still had a + OPK on Saturday. I ended up temping an hour late on Saturday, so I'm afraid that number might not be right. But there's nothing I can do about it now!

If I Oed on Friday, we BDed on O and O+2. I'm sort of hoping FF is wrong so that actually BDed on O-1 and O+1 because I feel like those are better chances.

But with all the spotting I've had this month, I'm not even sure if my body would support a pregnancy if it happens.

19. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

I know I'm a little late to join this thread, but the 2WW is currently killing me, so I could use some support.

I'm currently on day 23 of my cycle (first cycle TTC#2). AF is theoretically due on Weds because my cycles have been shorter recently, but I'm going to try to not test (again) until Thursday!

@nerdbee If I were you, I'd TTC anyway, if you're really ready otherwise. I figure that a few rough months (and some awkward conversations) are worth keeping the timing you'd like between children. We're TTC#2 despite the fact that having a new child anytime from Jan-April next year is crummy timing for my job, but it's just one season, whereas it'll be a whole lifetime of having our children closer in age (than if we were to wait till August to TTC#2).

20. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Anya: Woo-hoo!!!! Congrats!!!!

21. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@NerdBee: You just have to go with your gut and what works best for your family. It is too complex of a thing to weigh in on. For me family spacing is a priority, but if a dream job opportunity came along I can't say I wouldn't let that affect it.

@marzipan: Welcome! How old is your LO?

22. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@Anya: yay congrats!!!!

23. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@Anya: congrats!!!!

24. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@Anya: Woohoo! Congrats! First May BFP and it's not even May yet - I think it's a sign of good things to come!

25. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@Anya: congratulations!! Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

26. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@MaryM: @marzipan: @Radish: thanks for your insights, ladies. It helps to hear what factors you would consider in making this decision. You all make a lot of good points and I think I will go with my gut and forge ahead with our TTC plans and deal with any consequences later.

27. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@Radish: Thanks! Our little guy is 20 months old. He's super fun these days, so we are excited to get pregnant with #2!

Good luck to us all!

28. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@Radish: @LIL BEAN: @Aria: @NerdBee: @MaryM: @Espion: @sorrycharlie: @littlek: @raspberries: @pinkcupcake: Thank you so much everyone! Praying for a sticky bean and many more to come in May

29. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Anya: AHHHHHHHHHH! what a thrilling thing to see this monday morning! i had a good feeling for you. how wonderful. Have a happy and Healthy 9 months my dear!!!!

Update on me. Feeling surprisingly encouraged during what was otherwise kind of a cynical cycle at CD14. Getting a ton of great quality CM and we DTD last night. Husband was super in the mood so it wasn't forced. I got a 2nd high today but i have what looks like an almost positive OPK so i will see how it looks later.

30. drjolene

cherry / 107 posts

@Anya: Yay!!! Congrats! H&H 9 months to you!

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@marzipan: Welcome! What is your POAS date? I can add you to the roster.

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: That's great! I am really hoping this is our month since we both had exhausting and super dissapointing cycles last month. Here's to May!

33. marzipan

grape / 87 posts

@simplyfelicity: Thanks! May 1, please! (So soon!)

34. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

May-Bee Mamas!
    1 MrsHansen82, lilyofthewest, Anya, ValentineMommy, marzipan
    4 HeartAbandoned
    6 KeepCalmCarrie, Crystal
    7 Annette, Tam
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels, MaryM
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes, sheskrafty
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    24 EABAE
    26 simplyfelicity

35. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@simplyfelicity: Can you move me to the 7th? FF has AF starting earlier than I expected, and I'll be out of town on the 8th and 9th.

Thanks!

36. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: oh honey you are so sweet to say that! A loss is so hard. Harder than BFN because you lost something. I hope you see a happy result and we get to be pregnant together!

I could find out if this month worked out as early as Mother's Day and if AF is not here I will test that day so I can be moved to the 12th.

37. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

May-Bee Mamas!
    1 MrsHansen82, lilyofthewest, Anya, ValentineMommy, marzipan
    4 HeartAbandoned
    6 KeepCalmCarrie, Crystal
    7 Annette, Tam, MaryM
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes, sheskrafty
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    24 EABAE
    26 simplyfelicity

38. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: You got it!

39. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Same here!

40. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@simplyfelicity: Thanks!

BTW...I've been reading the OPK thread you started because I'm not sure if I want to continue using the CVS brand ones I've been using.

But I also wondered if you're using fertility friend and whether or not you're taking advantage of the VIP features. I used the standard free version for years but just signed up for VIP and I like that it alerts me if it sees something odd.

I wasn't sure if my OPK on Sunday was positive or not so I went ahead and logged it positive, and FF basically said to me "Are you on crack? You can't have a positive two days after you ovulate!"

Just a thought

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee