Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@LIL BEAN: good news! What makes you think you O'd later?

@sheskrafty: @Tam: welcome to the list

2. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

I think I'm moving my POAS date to May 8th! Temp was back down to 97.3 this morning and when I looked at my thermometer, I realized I misread it for yesterday too--97.4 instead of 97.6. So, it looks like I still haven't O'd (not too surprising since it's CD18 and I usually have a 30ish day cycle).

3. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

May-be Baby POAS Dates :
    1 MrsHansen82, lilyofthewest, Anya, ValentineMommy
    4 HeartAbandoned
    6 KeepCalmCarrie, Crystal
    7 Annette, Tam
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels, MaryM
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes, sheskrafty
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    23 MrsStar

4. Brawly

cherry / 173 posts

@pinkcupcake: May 10 is my birthday! So I promise it will be a lucky one!

5. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

so I was supposed to have my annual back in January (oops). My OBGYN sent me a letter saying he needed to reschedule and to call to pick a new appt. I totally forgot.

Well I was able to get an appointment - the only appointment I can find a sitter - and it's the 19th! In all likelihood I'll have my period, so should I reschedule it, or leave it in case I get KU?

6. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@sorrycharlie: I would reschedule only because if you aren't pregnant it will be a pain to reschedule but if you are you can stil make the new one with no problem.

7. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Hi May Ladies! I am going through a very early (4 weeks) miscarriage right now but I am trying to be hopeful and optimistic, so I am role calling. I had a sinking suspicion for a couple of days but it all came to a head today. I don't know why but I keep thinking about how April showers bring May flowers,

Cycle day // CD1

Cycle # // 2

Ovulation & POAS dates // According to FF, I should be ovulating May 9 or 10th and POAS May 26th

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // Last month was my first TTC and I dove in headfirst doing everything but temping. I POAS way too soon and got my hopes up after getting + for a few days just to lose it, so I am just going to wait for AF. The heartache is not worth it. I might use OPKs just to make sure I am ovulating after all this. I am not sure. My general plan is to do what I originally wanted...be easy, peasy and not allow this to take over my life. BD EOD from CD 10 to CD 18 and wait for AF. I have learned my limitations and how taxing this is.

Chart link / none

8. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@simplyfelicity: so sorry for your loss. Best of luck to you this cycle

9. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm so, so sorry to hear that. i wish you didn't need to join in the May group, but I'm hoping this is really your month. Like you, I'm waiting to POAS until AF is due.

10. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@simplyfelicity: sending alot of love your way honey! I hope that your rainbow is waiting for you at the end of this month.

I got a low on my monitor today but a blob of good EWCM on CD11. I normally ovulate around CD15 or 16 so I'm not sure what to make of it.

11. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Anya: @keepcalmcarrie: @MrsMccarthy: Thank you, bees. I am wishing you sticky sticky babes this month, too!

12. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

May-be Baby POAS Dates :
    4 HeartAbandoned
    7 Annette, Tam
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels, MaryM
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    17 Raspberries
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    26 simplyfelicity

13. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

@Brawly: oh yay! here's to hoping!

Got a on my OPK yesterday aftn! FX

14. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

Hello! I'm role-calling for May. It's my birthday month, so hopefully that's lucky!

Cycle day // CD1

Cycle # // 6

Ovulation & POAS dates //O - May 8, POAS - May 22

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // keep on keepin' on! Continue with naturopath and acupuncture and supplements. Lots of BD. Will continue with OPKs but I never really get a positive. I was taking saliva samples every 3 days through my last cycle, so I'll send those along for hormone analysis. We might visit a fertility clinic just to cover bases. But I'm excited by the results my Naturopath is getting- my cycles are shorter (28 days for the first time EVER!) and my temps are stable. So... As I said... We're just gonna keep on keepin on! Some meditation, positive thinking, and faith in the universe for good measure.

Also, the weather is improving so I'm focussing on getting out and being more active, maybe lose a bit of winter weight!

Good luck- here's to a bunch of May BFPs!

15. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@LIL BEAN: I'm so sorry you had to roll over to May but I hope your birthday month brings you lots of luck! glad you are getting good results with the naturopath

16. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@simplyfelicity: Really sorry to hear this! I hope this is your month. It sounds like you have a good approach on how to process & keep your spirits up.

17. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

I saw a temp jump this morning so I am officially 1DPO. I suspect this might not be our month because I wasn't sure exactly when I would O, so I think our timing wasn't quite right (too early). But we will see!

18. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Well I just unexpectedly started AF at 10dpo/CD24. I am devastated. I was bracing myself for a disappointing outcome next week but I wasn't prepared to have to deal with it today.

Would someone else mind managing the roster for a while? I'm not sure whether I'll be rolling down to try again in May or not.

19. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@Anya: oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. What's with our equally crazy short cycles right now?! Big hug for you!

20. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

Dh is CONVINCED this is our month. I keep telling him not to get my hopes up (I'm trying to keep the disappointment down!!). I'm about 4dpo.

Yesterday, I woke up with swollen gums for no reason. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and I've all mild achy cramps all day. Is it even possible to have symptoms this early?

DH swears these are the same symptoms I had when we conceived our first, but I honestly don't remember at all. Ugh. I hate waiting!

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm sorry to hear about your loss

AFM...I'm not really sure what's up with me. I had my follow up with the doctor yesterday to check out some monster cysts I had (one was 3 cm, one was 5. 5 cm didn't seem so big until I googled the conversion!).

Well, the one on the left ovary went away, but I had a new one on the right that was 5 cm. At least I know I haven't been imagining pains over there!

But I also asked him about my weird spotting between AF and O. He said it could be from the cyst, or could be my hormones still out of whack from the MC in January.

But he was very positive that my cycle lengths are more normal than they've ever been, so said we'd just follow up in two months and hopefully it's all sorted itself out by then.

He said the giant cyst could have been "exuberant ovulation" about to happen since I am waiting for O (got my first OPK after the appointment and got one super positive this morning)

I wasn't going to push TTC this month since I felt so out of whack, but DH and I were conveniently both home last night, so I guess we'll see what happens! I'm expecting to O tomorrow if I haven't already today. My temp was up this a.m. but not quite enough to get cross hairs.

22. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

Hi ladies! I'm bored so I thought I would aka: when would EDD be if you got pregnant this cycle?

Mine would be Janurary 20th of I ovulate when expected!

Still having a ton of EWCM and just go my first high on the monitor today so I think we will BD tonight if we are in the mood. Taking it super easy tonight so if I get any resistance from hubs or if I feel too tired I am not gonna bother. I really desperately want to be pregnant but I need a break from the stress of timing and what not.

23. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@MrsMccarthy: jan 24 here!

24. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Jan 11th here!

25. LIL BEAN

cherry / 166 posts

@MrsMccarthy: January 29th!

26. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Thank you everyone for your sweetness. It has been one crazy week...I am trying to look forward but with optimism. I can get pregnant (and the first cycle after BCP)--and DH and I did everything we could. It's really all in God's hands. It just wasn't viable.

There are so many reasons why a May or later baby would be better for DH and I: giving birth so close to Christmas day, not being able to get better insurance for my delivery (it would have to begin Jan 1,) my maternity leave would work much better, I would't have to go through awful morning sickness during my last month of teaching...yada yada...It's still hard though.

I am battling so hard wanting to do OPKs but that's really what sucked me in this past cycle and, by that point, it was all over and I was obsessed. Unfortunately, I am all or nothing kind of person. DH is the balanced one for us. Luckily, I took lots of notes on FF, so I am going to use that data for this cycle.

So, my mantra this month is "no stress, just sex." Anyone else taking a more "chill" approach?

(sorry, this is so stream of consciousness--I just have so many thoughts circling around...)

27. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Anya: I am not sure if you got someone to update it, but I wouldn't mind taking over for a little while. Might be a nice distraction during my m/c. Also, I am so sorry AF showed up early.

28. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@Anya: I'm so sorry Take some time and treat yourself! If you join back in later for May, we'll be so happy to see you again.

@MrsMccarthy: Mine would be January 13!

29. Bea

kiwi / 578 posts

Cycle day // CD1

Cycle # // 7

Ovulation & POAS dates // 8th & 24th

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // Temping and TRYING to relax. I would have never believed how obsessive this ttc stuff could get.

30. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsMccarthy: January 25th, although it will be an elective c-section and the 25th falls on a Sunday.

I'm going to start OPKs on Monday or Tuesday!! (I've never used them before.) I'm supposed to ovulate around the 3rd or 4th.

31. angelachase

apricot / 306 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm a teacher too And I agree, a May pregnancy is ideal for our schedule! Going through most of the first trimester blahs over the summer, then being able to pretty much call the school year a wrap in February!

32. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

May-be Baby POAS Dates
    4 HeartAbandoned
    7 Annette, Tam
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels, MaryM
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    17 Raspberries
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    24 EABAE
    26 simplyfelicity

33. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@angelachase: Hey a fellow teacher! With my CP, my due date would have been Dec 31-Jan 1 which would be difficult as our plan is to take the rest of the spring semester and the full fall semester off and start up again Jan 2016, but... I only have so much time I can take off.

34. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@Espion: Which are you using? I used $store OPKs but even those add up!

35. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@eabae: Oh I hear ya! After a crazy obsessive month that ended in a CP, I HAVE to find a balance. TTC is such a slippery slope!

36. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Mine would be January 31st!

37. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm using First Response, because we won't be able to try again until late Julyish. If it comes to that, I'll get the cheapies!

38. pinkcupcake

cantaloupe / 6751 posts

Soooo... I got a OPK on Friday afternoon around 2pm. We BD-ed that night (Friday) but couldn't ystdy (Saturday). Took another OPK a couple hours ago today and got a blank.

Do you think I have a shot with just one BD session in my fertile window this cycle? I think clearblue says you ovulate within 25-36 hours after getting a smiley. Do you think it's worth BDing again tonight?

39. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@pinkcupcake: Once is all it takes. Sounds like good timing so I wouldn't worry about it too much. I probably would tonight, but that is because I hate wondering later what if we DTD that night. I think you are fine either way, though.

40. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@pinkcupcake: Sounds like good timing. All you need is one swimmer! Are you using the digital advanced or just the regular digital? Apparently, its better to bd before o as those guys can live a loooong time. Best of luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee