Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

MAY-be this is our month? May 2014 POAS thread

1. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Anya: congrats!!

2. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: Nice! I have been using the regular version but I put a lot of notes in the first cycle, so I am going to use that this month. It's a pretty nifty site!

3. googly-eyes

GOLD / pomelo / 5737 posts

@Anya: congrats! What great news!

4. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@simplyfelicity: I like that in the VIP version it sort of "interprets" your notes.

I stopped listing symptoms and what not because I wasn't sure it was worth the time I put into it, but with the paid version it'll tell you how often people with your similar symptoms end up with a BFP...so that's kind of fun!

5. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@Anya: Congrats!!

6. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: Sounds really cool but expensive!

7. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@simplyfelicity: Yeah. I was torn on spending the money. But I figured we're more serious about TTC now than we have been over the last two years when i used the free version so it might be worth it.

And I think I hoped it would sort of karmic that once I spent the money on something like that, I'd end up knocked up and not needing it. I only signed up for three months to see if it really would help or not.

8. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@simplyfelicity: I use the VIP version and I bought it for $25/year- if you keep your eye out they run a special every so often

9. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@eabae: hi sorry I just saw your eta! I stopped temping on Saturday. I'm undecided if I'm going to start up again, I don't want to tempt myself to over analyze any changes

10. Annette

cherry / 203 posts

@anya congrats to you! A wonderful start to May BFPs!

@nerdbee I just had a similar situation where I was applying for a 6 month contract which was a promotion from my current job. I was struggling on whether to wait but decided to continue TTC anyways. I didn't end up getting the job so I was really glad I didn't wait another month or it would have been so much more disappointing. I say good luck on both the job and BFP

11. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@Anya: CONGRATULATIONS! What a beautiful way to start off the May board - a little extra early

I think I'm 7 DPO over here. I am so tempted to test early - but I probably shouldn't. I really want to wait, but I don't think I can wait until May 6 (15 DPO?! No way. That's what FF suggested). Could someone move me to May 4 on the roll call?

12. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

May-Bee Mamas!
    1 MrsHansen82, lilyofthewest, Anya, ValentineMommy, marzipan
    4 HeartAbandoned, KeepCalmCarrie
    6 Crystal
    7 Annette, Tam, MaryM
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes, sheskrafty
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    24 EABAE
    26 simplyfelicity

13. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I gotcha.

14. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@Annette: thanks for weighing in! That is such a good point. I would be extra crushed if I didn't get the job AND waited another month for no reason. Good luck to you too!

15. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@simplyfelicity: thanks lady!

What are some fun things to think about during the TWW? We've covered due date... what about name ideas? Anyone willing to share?

Mine are:
    Anna Elizabeth
    Benjamin Peter

16. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: is your LP usually that long? I couldn't wait that long either!

DH is a junior, so if we have a boy it'd be Charles Alan. DH goes by Charles so I like Charlie or Chaz as a nickname

He says I have full control on girls names because of that, but we'll see if that happens! I like Virginia (Gigie) after my favorite aunt, and either Ruth or Jane as the middle name. If DH hates Virginia, maybe Ruth Virginia. I always liked the nickname Ruthie.

17. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

And I love your names. Obviously I'm a fan of classic names

18. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@keepcalmcarrie:
    We like: Madeleine Camille
    Liam D'arcy (D'arcy is a family name.)

Hopefully, we get our sticky baby so we can use one!

19. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MaryM: Ruthie is adorable.
    @keepcalmcarrie: I love Benjamin but that is what my sis is naming her bun in the oven.

20. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@MaryM: @simplyfelicity: I love both of your names as well! D'arcy is a family name for us too So is Watson, and I tried to suggest that as a middle name, but DH said it reminded him of Sherlock Holmes (and after that, I couldn't get it out of my head either).

ETA: @MaryM: no, my LP isn't usually that long, but it was last cycle. Which, of course, made me convinced that I was knocked up! I'm taking B6 daily, because my LP for awhile was just 10 days... but I think it's making my cycle wonky. I hope it can't hurt!

21. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@simplyfelicity: Camille is a family name for me too. I love it!

22. MrsStar

nectarine / 2994 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: We've had our names sorted for a few years now boy: Lucas Anthony, girl: Aubree Jade

23. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

I peed on my first OPK today! lol

I have no idea what we would name a baby. We liked Lily if we had had a girl the first time around. We'll be team green for this one, so it will be fun thinking about names for a boy and a girl!

@MrsStar: I like Lucas!

24. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

Anyone a CM expert?

25. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@simplyfelicity: sorta; what's your question?

26. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

OOoomy gosh!! I caved and tested two days early, at 1:30am, 4 hour pee hold.

27. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

28. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@MrsHansen82: WHOOHOOOO!!! Congrats!!!

@keepcalmcarrie: Annelise Mae for a girl. No idea if we had another boy!!!

The waiting is killing me!

29. sheskrafty

persimmon / 1165 posts

@MrsHansen82: Congratulations!!!!

30. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@MrsHansen82: congrats!!

31. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@MrsHansen82: EEEEEKKKKK! So excited for you!!! Our first April Mama!

So your peak cervical fluid day (as in the last day of fertile cm before it gets tacky again) is that typically the day before you ovulate or the day you ovulate?

32. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

January/February Mamas
    Anya MrsHansen82

May-Bee Mamas!
    1 lilyofthewest, ValentineMommy, marzipan
    4 HeartAbandoned, KeepCalmCarrie
    6 Crystal
    7 Annette, Tam, MaryM
    8 angelachase
    9 HellonHeels
    10 pinkcupcake
    14 MrsMcCarthy, Gigi2
    15 SorryCharlie, Radish, Espion
    17 Raspberries
    18 Happybluebird, Googly-eyes, sheskrafty
    20 DrJolene
    21 NerdBee
    22 LIL BEAN
    23 MrsStar
    24 EABAE
    26 simplyfelicity
    31 Aria

33. MaryM

pomelo / 5129 posts

@simplyfelicity: I'm pretty sure the peak is the day you ovulate. After ovulation is when you start drying up again.

@MrsHansen82: YAY!!!

34. raspberries

pear / 1955 posts

@MrsHansen82: Woohoo - congrats!

35. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

@MrsHansen82: Congrats!!!

36. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

@MrsHansen82: woohoo! Congrats!

So exciting to see bfps already!

@simplyfelicity: I agree with MaryM that peak cm is on ovulation day because ovulation dries up cm.

37. Aria

persimmon / 1121 posts

Well I was holding out hope that I wouldn't be joining the May group, but that's not happening so here goes:

Cycle day // CD 37 (but CD 1 will be here Thursday)

Cycle # // 4 (month 5)

Ovulation & POAS dates // ??? I have been having crazy cycles since January, but they've been getting shorter each cycle. I'm crossing my fingers for a 30ish day cycle, but we'll see. Just put me down for POAS May 31sth, though I may not end up testing until June.

Baby # // 1

Your game plan this month // BD more! Still using OPKs and temping

Chart link // NA

38. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Anya: @MrsHansen82: Congrats!

I'm also down for 5/1 but peeing on things in April -- so far all negative. I have a feeling I'm more likely to roll down to a late May POAS, but, I am still hoping to join you as another last minute April/pre-game May

39. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MrsHansen82: congrats!!

40. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@Anya: wow congrats!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee