Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Radish: Don't worry. I only barely hate you for that.

2. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

I just got a call that they want to schedule my c-section for 1/21-25 (due date 1/28) but the lady said they are fully booked and will call me back when there is an opening.

It's getting more real!

3. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MapleMoose: @bhbee: @sorrycharlie: DANG, women. I'm off for 12 hours and look what happens.

@bhbee: My first thought was duuuuuuuude! I need a fortune cookie!!

@sorrycharlie: Your little bit is just beautiful!! I'm loving seeing the sibs together!

@MapleMoose: Wow! So quick!! Congratulations on your little girl fellow team greener!!

4. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Raindrop: I'm technically scheduled for 1/22!! Hope your little babe is working on flipping around, though!

5. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Raindrop: Ohh! You should go on the 22nd! Then three of us would have c-sections the same day!

@MapleMoose: @bhbee: @sorrycharlie: congrats, congrats, congrats! Hope you all had wonderful nights with you new babes! Are you all sharing names? Pictures? So exciting!

Love seeing that list grow and hearing the news of healthy moms and babies.

6. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Happygal: here is our henry - sorry if pic is gigantic! Looks just like big sis here when she was new. She is coming to meet him later today.

7. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@bhbee: so adorable!

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@bhbee: ahhh what a cutie! I bet big sis will be really, really excited!

9. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@ballerinabee: haha that is awesome!!

@bhbee: aww

10. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@bhbee: so sweet! C's first meeting with big sister was one of the most magical moments of my life. I'm looking forward to hearing how it went for you all!

11. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Espion: @Happygal: Yes that would be great! *crosses fingers* My husband is funny... he's like fully booked? What does it mean if you can't schedule one. I'm sure something will open up ... Well I think. I'm going to see my OB today hopefully she will help with that.

@bhbee: Super cute!!

12. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Raindrop: this was so my husband. He had picked out a date to share with a family member and thought it was just perfect. I told him it wasn't like making a dinner reservation at a restaurant, but he was so confident. He was crushed when they scheduled it 6 days later.

@bhbee:

13. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Happygal: LOL!!

14. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Such a quiet day compared to yesterday. I had some raging pregnancy hormones going on last night - hot flashes, insomnia, nausea. Now I'm super fatigued from it all and very much look forward to bedtime.

@Snowdrop: how's it going, due date twin?

15. Mrs. Blue

@bhbee: Adorable! Love his blanket, too!

16. Mrs. Blue

I call dibs on tomorrow. It's the last easy date to remember: 1/15/15. I also would have accepted 1/1/15, 1/5/15, or 1/11/15.

17. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

Just got back from my 38 week appointment. Still stubbornly head up and transverse. I have been doing the spinning baby stuff about half the time and just generally resting the other time. I'm not sure if I should step it up.

My OB did tell me why they haven't schedule my c-section yet. It turns out there is a nurses strike happening like right now so they are trying to push any "un-needed" appointments aside. She said that I do need this though so if they don't give me a date for my c-section by friday that I need to call her so she can push down the pipeline. She definitely wants me to have it next week.

Just my luck that I need a c-section during a nurses strike!! I'm adding this to the list of things to tell LO #2 when he's older about this pregnancy.

18. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Haha I'm totally a date/numbers person too! Good luck tomorrow.

19. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@bhbee: such a sweetie!!!!

20. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Raindrop: a strike makes for a dramatic story! Medical care stuff can be so frustrating. My doctor isn't allowed to do breech deliveries, but this will still be considered an elective c-section. No sense.

This baby is feeling more breech than transverse, although night time is her witching hour when she puts on a show. I put something cold at the top and a heating blanket below while in a breech tilt the other day. She definitely was getting her head away from the cold, but wouldn't fully commit. I'm so curious as to whether we're going to discover an obvious reason for this when they do a c-section.

I'm going to try to get to the pool, do some walking, and as a treat, a prenatal massage. Maybe me being really relaxed will make her want to spin around!

21. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Happygal: Good ideas!

One of my friends did try a few things outside of ECV (she felt that was risky) and nothing worked for her. Her baby had the cord wrapped around her neck she was glad she didn't do the ECV. She felt her c-section was meant to be.

I'm thinking the reason for mine is my palcenta pervia issues ... I'm just guess but maybe babies like their heads away from the palcenta and since mine is kind of close to the cerix he's staying away? Though there are plenty of people that had palcenta pervia (resolved) with head down babies so there goes that theroy. I debunk my own theroy as I was writing this. Haha.

22. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@oliviaoblivia: it really was magical! LO is almost 3 so can really say some sweet and funny things. I hope the video we took comes out. Also funny: I put him in real clothes and she was dressed up - first thing he pees right through his outfit and hers on my lap! It was so strange how big she seemed and heavy. But no words for the feeling of two little people I made on my lap and cuddling.

23. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

IN-SOM-NIA!!!! I shake my fist at you. Ugh.

When DH wakes up, new rule. If I fall asleep on the couch, for the love of all that is good in this world, do NOT wake me up to "go to bed". It is 3:30 am and I'm tempted to tell him now...

24. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Espion: For real. I actually had a decent nights sleep last night, hooray.

We are about halfway through the month, ladies! Now to get through all the babies!

25. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Radish: yay! For good sleep! Maybe I'll get some tonight. He woke me up at 11:44 pm. I never got back to sleep.

26. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Blue: @Raindrop: another number girl here. We got a great date since dates are written in dd/mm/yy order here. So J's birthday is 10/01/15. I guess it's an anagram, same spelled forward and backwards.

@Espion: oh no, I hate pregnancy insomnia! Hope you can catch up tonight.

@bhbee: yes on the giant and mouse thing. B just seems soooooo big and heavy suddenly. Glad your introduction went well!

27. Mrs. Blue

@Pumuckl: @Raindrop: glad I'm not the only numbers person! The boys birthday is 3/11/13, so I feel like they should all have easy birth dates now!

So last night, I reeeeaaally thought I might actually get to claim the 1/15 baby. I had a couple things late yesterday evening that made me suspicious. I went to sleep about 11, but then woke up for no apparent reason after 45 minutes. I was a little crampy (the constant kind-not in waves), but nothing too interesting. I finally fell asleep again at 1 but again woke up 45 minutes later. As I was laying in bed, I realized the cramps (low abdomen and low back) were coming in waves so I kind of started watching the clock. They were exactly every 10 minutes. About 3:00, I thought it might be more comfortable to not be laying down, so I went and sat on the exercise ball and walked a bit. They lasted a little longer and then just disappeared. On a positive note, it meant I did get to sleep from 3:30-7, but I was so bummed. This kid psychs me out every single time. I'm going to be the mom that gives birth on the side of the road because I won't believe I'm actually in labor when it finally happens and I'll refuse to go to the hospital until I've had contractions that are 5 minutes apart for a day...

28. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Mrs. Blue: sooo I had that kind of labor Sunday night and a baby Monday night. I know it can start and stop for days but I think it's a really good sign! And trust your body if contractions heat up - I certainly wasn't expecting a labor 1/4 my first in length. Fingers crossed for you!!!

29. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

Maaaaaybe starting to lose my mucus plug today. Really hoping it is (no blood tinge or anything), and it's a sign for labor soon (or at least sooner than 42 friggin weeks).

30. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Mrs. Blue: the day is not over! Maybe last night gave you a head start and thing will go quickly.

@Mrs. Confetti: I also suspect some mucus plug loss. It is blood tinged but i think it's more likely late spotting from my cervical check Tuesday. I'm not putting too much stock in anything right now... It could all mean something and nothing at the same time.

31. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@bhbee: so adorable!!!

32. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

Well, ladies... I'm going in at 7:30 tomorrow morning for my induction. Pretty nervous and excited. I was dilated to a 4 yesterday, so hopefully that's good. I'll keep you posted! XO

33. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: good luck! I started my induction with LO1 at 3 cm and it was so smooth and relatively quick. Who knows, you might not even make it to it.

34. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

Another one here with a few hours of false labor! Contractions were from 5:30-11am about 8-10 mins apart. Now they are 20 mins apart. A little bit of blood too. Dr said that next time they start up, don't waste time and get to the hospital because second labors can go super fast. @Mrs. Blue: we could be be due date twins!! We are almost there!! trying to rest up now because I got about 3 hours of sleep last night because my cough was keeping me up. I may have cried a bit because I was so miserable and tired.

35. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: good luck!!

36. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@Espion: oh my goodness! You poor thing with the insomnia. You must be exhausted. hoping tonight is more sleep filled for you.

37. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@Radish: how quick? I love a positive induction story!!

38. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: my induction started around 11 am and I had her at 7:48 pm. Pitocin, doc broke water, epidural and steady progress. Started pushing around 7 I believe.

39. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@Radish: awesome!! I hope mine is similar

40. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@CatchAFallingStar: Good luck! While I wasn't induced this time I feel like I sort of was - my water broke on its own but then my contractions totally stopped. I started Pitocin at 11am and delivered at 2:30pm so really fast! It went way better than I thought it could. And I was only at 1-2cm when I went in!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee