Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Raindrop: Hooray! So exciting! The countdown begins...

Ugh, my toddler woke up with a runny nose this morning. I really don't need her sick right now.

2. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Radish: I think our kids are somehow catching it from each other via the power of the Internet. E has had a temp of 102 all night. We're at the pediatricians' to get him tested for flu, even though he got vax'd. Don't want to take the risk with a new baby.

I am so nauseous, guys. Please tell me this is normal and not a sign of labor. I'm hoping it was just because I was standing in a hot room.

3. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Raindrop: Awesome!! No sheep for you!

4. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Radish: @Espion: Our boys are sick, too. Just infections thankfully, so at least they aren't contagious but it's making us very tired. DH and I took turns rocking Finn last night, and I kept thinking, "Naturally I'll probably go into labor int he morning when I've been up all night with a sick toddler & I'm exhausted." Baby boy (and my very nice husband) let me sleep in, though, and I did not go into labor. Hoping all of our kids kick this stuff soon.

5. Mrs. Blue

On another note, I just clicked on this thread and it contains the perfect video for all of us mamas who are ready to have these stubborn January babies. You'll especially like it if you're old like me and have been listening to this song since it came out.

http://boards.hellobee.com/topic/did-you-know-what-the-song-closing-time-was-really-about

Off to listen to Closing Time until I have a baby.

6. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

So here we are on our last two nights max before my scheduled induction. I'm getting super nervous! I know I'll be a wreck on Monday morning!

7. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Radish: @Mrs. Blue: Thanks!! Yeah it's getting really real.

@Espion: You remembered I wanted a horse! Yup he's definitely be a horse now. Haha. Thank you!

@MrsHansen82: *big hugs* I hope it goes well. My fingers are crossed for you!

8. Mrs. Blue

Okay, I have a question. Since early this morning, my right hip has felt like someone literally grabbed it and pivoted it to the right. When I walk, even my foot turns kind of out in the direction it feels like my hip shifted. I'm sure it's some delightful pregnancy related ache, but I'm curious if this is just what it feels like as the baby gets lower or if it's just a random pain. Have any of you felt something similar?

9. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Mrs. Blue: No clue, but I hope that it means progress for you!

10. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

11. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Blue: yes, i had that happen with both pregnacies. Always in the last couple of weeks but I don't think it was labor related. More of the baby sitting low and the joints being soft in preparation for delivery.

12. Mrs. Blue

@Pumuckl: good to know. I didn't think it was labor related (though that would be fine with me!), but was curious if it was more likely from where the baby is or just some weird pregnancy aches and pains.

13. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I hope it's a good sign for you of baby sitting low and applying pressure! It was always on the right for me too and I could feel her back on that side aswell.

14. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Ugh, the cramping has been killing me this evening. I don't want to have her today so I've kind of been trying to ignore them, but it is getting super painful and wearing me out.

15. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@Radish: Why not today? Maybe you're just gearing up!

16. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@sorrycharlie: it's my BILs birthday and I really don't want them to share one. Also, my dog is hurt and I don't want to abandon her until we can get her to the vet and checked out.

17. Mrs. Blue

@Radish: hmmmm...maybe if it's early labor, LO will wait until tomorrow to actually arrive. Sounds like it could be something, though. I'm so sorry about your dog getting hurt. That would make me feel bad, too.

@Pumuckl: If it's from baby sitting lower, so guess it would make sense that it's more on the right side because the lil" guy has been wedged on my right side this entire pregnancy.

18. Mrs. Blue

@MrsHansen82: good luck tomorrow! Can't wait to hear about our newest January baby and mama!

19. Mrs. Blue

@Snowdrop: That's fun! Although, it's a bit depressing to only have a 66% chance of having my baby by the time I'm 41w4d, which was the end date I entered.

20. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsHansen82: so excited for you momma! Have a great induction.

21. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Mrs. Blue: @MrsMccarthy: Thanks so much, I'm so nervous but really excited to meet my girl!!

22. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@MrsHansen82: will be thinking of you and sending swift induction thoughts tomorrow!!

23. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Mrs. Blue: That same hip thing has been affecting my left hip. Especially if I've been sitting. I feel like it must be because I have to sit like a dang trucker with my belly between my legs.

24. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@MrsHansen82: good luck tomorrow! Can't wait for you to meet your little one!

25. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MrsHansen82: thinking about you today! have a smooth induction!

26. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Blue: how's the hip today?

@Radish: hope you got a break from the contractions? What's wrong with your pup? Dog lover here, so I hope he's feeling better.

@MrsHansen82: exciting times! I don't think I missed an update from you, but I'll go and check (January babies have a lot of threads going on!) Hope things are going well.

27. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Happygal: I took some Tylenol and the pain all went away. I should have done it hours before, but I have been in the habit of not taking meds for the past 3 years (pregnancy+breastfeeding+pregnancy) so I didn't think of it until I remembered my doctor mentioned it.

We aren't sure what or when something happened to our dog, but she started having trouble jumping up yesterday and went into a crying fit of pain. I think maybe a pulled muscle on her left hindquarter. She is only 6 years old, so I'm hoping it isn't something serious.

28. Mrs. Blue

@Happygal: It's better actually. I think baby was just laying weird and making it hurt.

29. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Radish: medicine is a wonderful thing. Glad you were able to get some relief!

Poor doggy. Can she get to the vet today? It's so hard when you are trying to figure out what's going on with your pet. What kind of dog is she? Big, little?

Last night I had a pet freak out of my own. I woke up b/c my dog was restless and making weird noises. I thought she was going to throw up, so I ran to the door to let her out. I stood outside trying to figure out what was going on in the dark. My husband woke up and thought I had gone into labor. (Not sure why this would make me bolt out of bed and go stand outside in the winter cold, but guess that's just on his mind.) She kept making all these weird noises and I spent the next hour or so watching youtube videos about bloat and becoming convinced she was going to die.

I was in tears and told my husband we needed to take her to the emergency vet. She then farted, rolled on her back for belly rubs, and is fine. My husband thinks I've already gone into that irrational, very emotional, postpartum phase.

30. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Blue: I don't know whether to say "yeah" for pain relief or "boo" b/c it wasn't a sign of labor! How are you feeling otherwise?

31. Mrs. Blue

@Happygal: Same as I have been. I have zero interesting things to report.

32. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Happygal: Lol, glad it was just gas! She is a shih tzu. My husband should be taking her to the vet today, but I haven't talked to him to confirm he got an appointment. I was feeling very overwhelmed last night with her crying in pain, my intense cramps and a sick/needy toddler - I was like if there were ever a bad time to go into labor...

33. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@Happygal: was really worried about your dog whilst reading that then just literally lolled at how it ended. Could totally imagine my dog doing that!
    Just lost a huge bit of mucous plug (tmi) pleased to find it dud not look as disgusting as some of the google pics. Trying not to get excited because I know it doesnt mean anything but I'd be pretty happy if my night time contractions turned real this time!

34. Mrs. Blue

@Snowdrop: Hope it means something good is coming your way!

35. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Snowdrop: hope that's a good thing! I started losing mine on Thursday with blood in it and still nothing. I'm back to the mindset of it not happening in the immediate future, though, so I feel more relaxed. Just looking forward to my appt tomorrow.

Turns out my dog has a torn cruciate ligament... we will have to decide about surgery. I feel so bad for her.

36. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@Radish: oh no. Poor thing!!

@Mrs. Blue: Hope your hip feels better maybe try an ice pack over there, if it's the baby he should move away and maybe alleviate some of the pain?

@MrsHansen82: Good luck!!!!

37. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@Radish: oh poor thing. That is meant to be painful!

38. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Radish: poor sweet doggie! Glad you got it checked out.

39. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MrsHansen82: I hope everything is going well!!!

@Snowdrop: You are one brave woman for googling that...lol!

@Radish: Poor pup. I hope she heals quickly!

40. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Snowdrop: @sorrycharlie: @MrsMccarthy: @Espion: Thanks, ladies. It is about a 6 week healing period. The surgery doesn't sound like it would be worth it at the moment, guess we will reevaluate if it doesn't heal like it should. Luckily, my mom is coming once the baby is here so I won't have to stress about juggling the newborn, toddler and injured dog while recovering myself.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee