1. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Haha the days is not over!

2. CatchAFallingStar

nectarine / 2806 posts

@HappyBaker: wow! Very encouraging

3. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Espion: @Happygal: Just got the call for my c-section date. The only date they had open was 1/24 at noon! It's a saturday. I'll be 39w3d.

I actually asked for 1/21 (OB will be in the hospital and could over see the c-section) or 1/22 and she said no sorry that's the nurses strike high time.

I did confirm that if I had enough fluids they would try the ECV again and also if the baby was just naturally head down they would induce. So looks like I'm having a baby that day.

Now it's super real!

4. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@Raindrop: So exciting! Let the countdown begin!

5. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

Ladies, I've decided that going into labor naturally is a myth and you all are lying!! I have my 41 week appointment today and I'm trying to decide when to set the induction for. I am so freaking done being pregnant but I really do not want to artificially start things only to have them stall and need a c section or just be in more pain than necessary. So disappointed right now.

6. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@MrsHansen82: *big hugs* So sorry lady that you are going through this!

7. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@MrsHansen82: lots and lots and lots of hugs. Good luck at your appointment. Hope the second sweep helps things along. xo

8. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsHansen82: so sorry you are still
    waiting! Perhaps you can ask for an induction middle of the week that way you will be at the half way point between 41 and 42. Are you certain your due date is accurate? Take heart, a lot of people dont deliver on their due date. This article kind of sums it up best http://www.fitpregnancy.com/pregnancy/pregnancy-health/giving-birth-your-due-date-do-all-40-weeks-matter
    I hope it's soon!!!

9. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsHansen82: sorry things aren't happening for you. Have you had any dilation/effacement?

10. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

@Espion: Pregsomnia is the woorst! Hope you get better rest tonight.

@bhbee: I would definitely be happy to follow your lead on this. I haven't really had much f anything going on today, so we shall see if hems just a night owl and only gets moving after y bedtime (which I am totally fine with, for the record, if he'll just make it the real deal!).

@Mrs. Confetti: It's the pineapple!! Get to eating, friend!

@Radish: Blood tinged sounds promising! You are not allowed to have a baby early, though, because none of the rest of us are going to be as diligent about keeping up with the due date & new babies lists!

@CatchAFallingStar: Good luck! Being at a 4 already is such a fantastic start for an induction, I you even make it to tomorrow morning.

@SleepyMonkey: Wow, that sounds really promising! All is quiet for me after I woke up this morning, but I'm willing for things to pick up and make our kiddos birthday twins! Fingers crossed for you (and me)!

@Raindrop: Yay for a baby day! Hope LO turns, but it's still exciting to know either way you'll soon have baby snuggles!

@MrsHansen82: Ughh, I'm so sorry! I know a teeny bit of how you feel. The boys were born at 36 weeks, but I wa measuring 8 weeks ahead and was so big and miserable that I just wanted them out no matter how it had to happen. The good news is that at 41 weeks, your induction will probably go pretty smoothly if it comes to that. Really, really hoping that you go into labor like now!

11. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

Okay so I just had my appointment and we are at the NST right now. She set the induction for Monday at 4:00pm. The appointment itself went awfully though. My doctor had to leave the country for some sort of emergency (she's from India) and I had to see a doctor ive never met before. The whole thing was kind of awkward and the room was teeny and super hot. So she checked my cervix - 3.5cm and 90% effaced. That's good news. She stripped my membranes too. It didn't hurt as bad this time, but while I was sitting there waiting for her to schedule the delivery on the phone with L&D I started getting super faint and dizzy like I was going to pass out. I thought it would pass but then my vision started to go white so I had to lay down and she hung up the phone to tend to me. She called the medical assistant in to take my vitals. And of course I just started crying on the table with no pants on, just a drape covering me. Thank God DH was there with me. All I can imagine happened was the combination of fearing the induction, new doctor, membrane sweep cramping, and the room being so hot. It was so embarrassing. Anyway, the good news is that she assured me the induction is likely to go well since I'm already progressed a lot. Hopefully I won't have to go that far, but it's nice to know I have a better shot.

12. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@MrsMccarthy: Positive on my due date, I was tracking and taking ovulation tests. But I should have expected this, my mom was 11, 7 and 16 days late with my siblings and I.

13. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

I'm getting more confident that what I'm experiencing is my bloody show. No other real signs of labor, though. Maybe some increased pelvic pressure.

@Mrs. Blue: Haha, I'm sure I would still manage to find the time.

14. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@MrsHansen82: that sounds so awful! big hugs mama. 3.5 is great though, after 24 hours of pitocin I didn't make it much more than that with DD1. I'd bet your induction goes really quickly.

15. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsHansen82: Aww, sorry it was such a rough appointment! I wouldn't be surprised if you didn't make it to Monday, though.

16. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsHansen82: you are a great candidate for a smooth vaginal induction! Effacement matters more than dilation with the first so it sounds to me like you are close!! I hope tonight is the night. I'm so sorry you had such a bad appointment.

17. Mrs. Blue

@MrsHansen82: 3.5 cm & 90% is fantastic! Sorry about the rest of the appointment, though. Sounds miserable!

18. Mrs. Confetti

I am having visions of myself being the last one standing in this January babies group. After never going into labor last time and going 2 full weeks past due, the prospect of suffering through 2 bonus weeks of this sh*t is starting to sink in. Blahhhhhh.

19. cheesehead

cherry / 134 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: I'm right there with you!! I'm guessing I will be late too. With my first I went to 40w3d, but lo was having some heart rate issues do was induced then......but no actual signs of labor. I'm mentally preparing for going the full 2 weeks.

20. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@SleepyMonkey: @Pumuckl: @Mrs. Blue: Thank you ladies! I was seriously holding on by a thread today. Thank goodness DH was home. He made me a perfect grilled cheese and let me sleep for two hours.

@MrsHansen82: I can't remember where I read this, maybe the membrane sweep thread(?), where a lot of women had a vasovagal type reaction to cervical checks. I hope this is the one that gets things going for you!

21. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@oliviaoblivia: @Radish: @MrsMccarthy: @Espion: Thanks ladies, I calmed down a lot after getting home and I'm just happy I only have to wait through three more days maximum before getting things going.

22. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Radish: oh exciting! Hope it'll start soon for you.

@Mrs. Confetti: hugs he'll get here at some point!

@MrsHansen82: oh wow what an awful appointment. Hope LO will decide on its own terms before Monday when to make the grand entrance. It can go so quickly! FX

23. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Espion: thank god for amazing husbands. Hope tonight went better for you.

24. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

JANUARY MAMAS!!
    Due Dates
    January 8th: MrsHansen82 (#1)
    January 10th: Charmed (#1)
    January 13th: CatchAFallingStar (#1)
    January 16th: Oliviapope (#1)
    January 18th: Mrs. Blue (#3)
    January 20th: Gigi2 (#1)
    January 23rd: HappyGal (#1), Mrs. Confetti (#2)
    January 25th: Espion (#2), JCCovi (#2)
    January 26th: NerdBee (#2), Pepperland (#1)
    January 28th: Raindrop (#2)
    January 29th: jojepie (#2), cheesehead (#2)
    January 30th: Snowdrop (#1), Radish (#2)

JANUARY BABIES!!
    December 23: Henry (Cupcake)
    December 29: Aya (namaste) , Camilla (oliviaoblivia)
    December 31: Julia (pmrlady)
    January 2: Eleanor (mfa_lady)
    January 5: Logan (HappyBaker)
    January 8: Elliott (Meowkers)
    January 10: J (Pumuckl), Henry (keepcalmcarrie)
    January 12: Baby Girl (MapleMoose)
    January 13: Henry (bhbee), C (sorrycharlie)
    January 15: J (SleepyMonkey)

25. Mrs. Blue

Had my (almost) 40-week appointment today. Still no progress from last week. Wah wah wah. I have an appointment next Friday, & then we'll set my section date for sometime after next Friday.

26. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Mrs. Blue: that's all... I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

27. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Boo. Sorry.

28. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Sorry, that's a real bummer. There's still some time though.

29. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@MrsHansen82: *big hugs* sorry for the bad appointment! I'm glad your DH was with you.

@Mrs. Confetti: Awww!! I hope this baby comes sooner than your first!

@Mrs. Blue: Darn it I was hoping you would have a baby today!! So you would have your nice birth date. I hope that you go into labor before your next appointment.

30. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: @cheesehead: You never know ladies. I was induced with zero labor signs 10 days late last time. This time I almost didn't make it to the hospital because labor was so sudden and progressed so quickly. I honestly had zero signs earlier that day. And I was a few days early. Never would have imagined that.

Sending everyone labor thoughts! Let's meet the rest of these babies!

31. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Blue: waah is right! I'm still holding out hope though for you. It's going to happen!

@Espion: a perfect grilled cheese can restore everything back into balance. That might be a meal I request while I'm in the hospital. With french fries. Mmmmm.

@MrsHansen82: oh dear. I'm sorry! But don't worry--I can promise you weren't the first pregnant women they witnessed be overcome with emotions.

32. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

39 week appointment today and they didn't even bother doing a cervical check b/c this baby is so obviously breech. Non stress test showed her heart rate is great. We're still a-go for the 22nd! It's a bit surreal.

Suggestions for what to do on our last weekend as a "just the two of us" couple? Right now my husband is napping and I just finished a work project. We have plans to clean and organize and get things lined up for the 22nd, but I feel like we should do some fun stuff, too!

33. Mrs. Confetti

@MapleMoose: thank you this is so so reassuring

34. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Happygal: I'm kind of jealous you have an end date. I am so on edge with this bloody show business and I really would prefer to just have a set plan to look forward to and enjoy the weekend.

35. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@charmed: How are you doing? Is your induction still set for the 18th?

36. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Happygal: DH and I have been having a lot of dinner and lunch dates and trying not to worry about spending money. It will be a while before we get to do it again!

37. Mrs. Blue

@Happygal: I recommend a movie at the theatre and a nice restaurant! Both are things that we can only do when we have a sitter now. I miss going to a movie!

38. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Half our babies are here!

JANUARY MAMAS!!
    Due Dates
    January 8th: MrsHansen82 (#1)
    January 16th: Oliviapope (#1)
    January 18th: Mrs. Blue (#3)
    January 20th: Gigi2 (#1)
    January 23rd: HappyGal (#1), Mrs. Confetti (#2)
    January 25th: Espion (#2), JCCovi (#2)
    January 26th: NerdBee (#2), Pepperland (#1)
    January 28th: Raindrop (#2)
    January 29th: jojepie (#2), cheesehead (#2)
    January 30th: Snowdrop (#1), Radish (#2)

JANUARY BABIES!!
    December 23: Henry (Cupcake)
    December 29: Aya (namaste) , Camilla (oliviaoblivia)
    December 31: Julia (pmrlady)
    January 2: Eleanor (mfa_lady)
    January 5: Logan (HappyBaker)
    January 8: Elliott (Meowkers)
    January 10: J (Pumuckl), Henry (keepcalmcarrie)
    January 12: Baby Girl (MapleMoose)
    January 13: Henry (bhbee), C (sorrycharlie)
    January 15: J (SleepyMonkey)
    January 16: Quinn (CatchAFallingStar), Baby Girl (charmed)

39. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

I just got a call this morning! That the nurses strike is somewhat resolved and they will not go on a full strike this week. So my c-section was moved to the orginal date my OB wanted 1/21 - I'll be exactly 39w and she can proform my surgery. I'm actually pretty excited to have my OB do the surgery because last time I gave birth it was between 3 OBs that I didn't know. They were all really nice but it's just not the same relationship you have with your personal OB. Still not looking forward for a c-section but having my OB there will be more comforting. Now I can meet my baby boy a few days earlier!

40. Mrs. Blue

@Raindrop: Glad it got resolved, at least for long enough to get you in on the 21st! It was really nice to have my OB that I knew and loved do my c-section last time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee