Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@mfa_lady: Yay no headaches! I wish I can say the same about morning sickness... someday though... someday.

2. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@namaste: I had it at my SIL's when I was first pregnant....it unfortunately tastes like fruit juice. Looks pretty in a wine glass, but doesn't exactly do the trick. Ha!

3. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Raindrop: Oh, girl. Fingers crossed you don't have to wait much longer!!!!

4. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@mfa_lady: Thanks! But I think headaches are probably worst than morning sickness... I mean I am pretty much incapable of doing anything with a headache.

5. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

I don't know how you team green ladies do it, it is killing me to not know *this very second* what we are having. I just had a dream where we found out it was a boy, then one where we found out it was a girl - all in the same nights sleep. Also, shout out to insomnia for letting me see 5 am. again.

6. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Radish: aw, only a couple more weeks! I'm so excited for you to find out!

7. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Radish: The only reason I'm Team Green this time is because it's #2! There was no way I could have waited to find out the first time.

8. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MapleMoose: Uh, this is #2 for me and I'm pretty sure I'm more impatient this time.

9. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

I give serious props to the team greeners! I am a crazy spaz counting down til Thursday.

10. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@namaste: I've tried the Fre brand fake wine and it wasn't very good. I've had some sparkling faux wine blends that are decent, but definitely not the same as a glass of real wine.

Agree about the Team Green ladies having some serious patience- I could not do it.
    Only two more days for me! So excited!

11. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@MapleMoose: Same here! I don't think I could have convinced DH in a million years to team green #1.

@sorrycharlie: @Radish: I love the anticipation of Christmas almost more than opening the presents, so this is right up my alley! Plus, I'm having a scheduled section...it takes the mystery right out of birth. I already imagine how amazing it will be for DH to tell me if we have a boy or a girl.

12. sorrycharlie

@Espion: hahah! I love the anticipation of Christmas too - but I always without fail give someone their gift early (usually DH). bahaha. we're so bad.

13. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Radish: Haha there goes my theory!

@Espion: I know exactly what you mean!

14. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Espion: Ooh, never thought about the lack of surprise in a scheduled c-section. & @MapleMoose: I still think it is awesome that y'all are doing it, I just know that I couldn't handle another 5 months of this kind of anticipation - I drive myself crazy.

@sorrycharlie: Yeah, I always get so excited when I feel like I found the perfect gift that it is so hard to wait.

15. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Radish: @sorrycharlie: For me it is usually worse I think of something and then instead of remebering it I either forget it or get it right away and gift it right then and there. Yup, you guessed it that leaves me reeling for gifts all the time.

How was everyone's weekend?
    Ours was nice, my parents were here (not our place but in the area) and we spent some time with them saturday and had breakfast together on sunday before they left again. It was nice and quiet and chill.

16. sorrycharlie

@Pumuckl: fun! I love easy weekends!

we went to the children's museum saturday morning, DH had a rare weekend day off. it was so much fun! we're asking for a membership for her birthday.

17. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Pumuckl: I had a 1/3 of a root canal Friday and it rained all weekend, lol!

It actually wasn't that bad. A childhood filling had damaged a nerve, so the RC was necessary, but not preceded by any pain or feeling like I didn't brush my teeth enough, heh. (I feel like going to the dentist is an automatic guilt trip.) Plus, I got to hang out with my favorite baby all weekend.

I go back to finish the RC this morning, and work this afternoon. Good times.

18. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

Saturday LO spent the day with my dad while I worked on a craft project I need to finish up. Yesterday was a pretty typical day with unbearable August heat.

19. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Our weekend was crazy but fun. We met up with college friends and their kids (4 couples and 6 kids under 3 total!) in PA. We hit up Sesame Place, Camden Aquarium, Please Touch Museum and the Philly Zoo. Definitely not a relaxing weekend but it was great to see everyone and the kids had fun.

If you are ever in Philly, the Please Touch children's museum is definitely the best we have been to!

20. Mrs. Cheesecake

blogger / kiwi / 588 posts

@MrsHansen82: Congrats! Little girls are so fun!

@Radish: Team Greener here! I think of it as knowing that I am going to get a present at the end of 9 months but I get to peek at it every so often and guess what it is. We were team green with LO #1 and were debating if we should find out what LO #2 would be. But I like surprises so this isn't too difficult for me, it's actually really exciting!

21. Mrs. Cheesecake

By the way, my 3-hour GD test results came back and they are normal! I am eating a chocolate croissant today in celebration of the results!

22. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@Pumuckl: chill weekends are the best!
    DH was out of town all weekend, so I just did a bunch of cleaning/sorting around the house and watched trashy TV.

@Espion: hope the rest of your root canal goes smoothly!

@MrsTiger: 6 under 3? Eek! Sounds like you need a weekend to recover from your weekend

@jojepie: that's great! glad your results were normal!

23. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@jojepie: It will be fun come January seeing what you ladies have! Awesome about your GD results!

24. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@jojepie: Congrats on your results!

My weekend was pretty tame. We went to the movies and church as usual. It was so hot yesterday so it was impossible to do anything.

Counting down to Wednesday's anatomy scan!

25. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@charmed: Thank you! I spent the last hour chanting, "please be done, please be done" in my head. Thank goodness I had my headphones. Not the worst thing I've ever been through, but it is definitely not a fun experience.

In better news, I think I got walloped by the baby last night. I haven't felt much movement, maaaaaaybe a flutter here and there, but last night I think the kid was testing for weak spots.

26. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jojepie: Mmm that sounds like a great way to celebrate

27. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@jojepie: yay for no GD!!

I'm so behind on this thread.

28. sorrycharlie

@jojepie: yay!! no GD is great!!

in other news, due to a babysitter confusion, my anatomy scan is now thursday MORNING instead of afternoon

29. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Espion: Oh man, I've been calling my kid Pele because it's seriously kicks (and/or punches) extremely hard. I miss the days of the soft flutters but it's fun to know that the baby is moving.

@sorrycharlie: YAY! I'm so bummed my appointment is at 2:30 on Wednesday but I'm holding on. We've got this.

30. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@sorrycharlie: I'm so excited for your scan! Are you still thinking boy?

@namaste: hate to say it, but the kicks get even worse!

31. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

My appointment is at 2:10 tomorrow - less than 24 hours to go!!

Does/did anyone else have to drink a bunch of water and not go to the bathroom before their appointment? I'm a little scared I'm going to have an accident while they're doing the ultrasound

32. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@oliviaoblivia: So I've heard lol I'll save my complaints for later

33. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@charmed: I didn't have any water requirement for mine.

34. Mrs. Cheesecake

@charmed: Last time I had an anatomy scan for LO#1 I had to drink a certain amount of water so that my bladder was full during the scan. Apparently it helps the ultrasound tech with taking measurements of your baby because your baby is less curled up. But even though I drank the prescribed amount (I was about to pee in my pants while walking around the freaking hospital trying to find the room!) The tech said I drank too much water and made me pee mid-ultrasound. I was pretty annoyed considering that the tech was pressing on me for like 30 min before she even said anything. UGH!

35. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@charmed: Nope, my doctor doesn't tell us to drink or not go to the bathroom beforehand - in fact we pee in a cup before it. Last time my only issue was that between all the pressing on my stomach and laying on my back I got really lightheaded.

@sorrycharlie: Yay!!

36. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@charmed: I didn't have to drink any water before my scan.

37. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@jojepie: Yay! So happy for you. I wish GD on no one!

38. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@charmed: I was asked to urinate before my scan, I think because they did a vaginal sono first to check the cervix. I was not happy about that because I thought I was done with the transvaginal ones lol.

@namaste: have you felt any kicks to the bladder yet? Those are the worst for me because it makes get this sudden urge to pee for like a second after the kick, I really don't like those ones hehe

@sorrycharlie: good luck with your scan!!

@jojepie: congrats on the good results!

39. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@pmrlady: Yes! Kicks to the bladder are the worst.

40. sorrycharlie

@charmed: yup. I have to drink I think 32 oz an hour before hand. um, and then not pee for almost 2 hours? wtf people? I don't remember how I did it with my 1st but I didn't pee, I know that! LOL!

@oliviaoblivia: I think girl! I've thought girl since the NT scan. I will be shocked (but happy!) if it's a boy!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee