Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

Hey everyone!! Thank you for checking in on me. Been afk for a while. :). Every thing is great with the baby. It is another boy! We kind of wanted a girl but pretty happy it is a healthy boy.

One small problem with me is that I have a placenta previa. Does not harm the baby in any way. But it means that the babies placenta is blocking my cervix which could cause preterm labor and if it does not resolve I might need a c-section. The doctor on call that looked at my u/s said that he is sure it will resolve. For my case he thinks that I have a 99.95% of it resolving. I don't mind the csection. I am just happy it does not harm the baby. I do hope it does resolve. I won't know for another 8 weeks when the do another scan.

Because of this I am on again modified pelvic rest. Even though they think it will resolve on its own they said not to temp fate and to take it easy. No lifting and walk as minimally as possible.

Edit: Just remembered they changed my due date. I am now 1/28/2014. They claim it will be the last time they do this... Maybe.

2. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Raindrop: sorry to hear about pelvic rest but thrilled about your boy! Congrats!!

3. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@Raindrop: same boat with another boy and kinda hoping for a girl. Nice to hear I will have another outnumbered mama to commiserate with. Boys are amazing though sorry about the placental issues - hope it all resolves without incident!! Xo

4. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

@Raindrop: @Mrs. Confetti: yay! More boys. How far apart will your boys be? Mine will be 19 months apart.

5. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Raindrop: congrats on a healthy baby! aw I am so glad that you are well and having a healthy baby and still born the year of the horse right??? I remember you posting about that when you got your BFP. I am sorry that you are on bed rest and dealing with PP but happy to hear that it could resolve on its own and won't pose any risk to your sweet baby.

6. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: @Raindrop: congratulations on your baby BOYS! so happy for you both, although I am sorry to hear about raindrop's placenta prévia. Glad to hear that your dr thinks it'll resolve itself. Can't believe we are all halfway thru! January will be here before we know it.

7. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Raindrop: So sorry for your pelvic rest but congrats on a baby boy!

@Mrs. Confetti: Congrats on your baby boy as well!

@jojepie: Glad your appointment went well!

8. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@Cupcake: mine will be 2 yrs and 8 months apart.

9. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Raindrop: Congrats! Glad everything with baby is checking out well. I've heard that it usually resolves itself, but you seem to have a good attitude about it either way.

10. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

JANUARY MAMAS!!
    Due Dates
    January 1st: Oliviaoblivia (#2), namaste (#1)
    January 2nd: PMRLADY (#1)
    January 3rd: MFA_LADY (#1), Meowkers (#1)
    January 6th: Cupcake (#2)
    January 8th: MrsHansen82 (#1)
    January 10th: Charmed (#1)
    January 11th: MrsTiger (#2)
    January 13th: KeepCalmCarrie (#2)
    January 15th: CatchAFallingStar (#1), bhbee (#2), MapleMoose (#2)
    January 16th: Oliviapope (#1)
    January 18th: Mrs. Blue (#3), sorrycharlie (#2)
    January 20th: Pumuckl (#2), Gigi2 (#1)
    January 21st: SleepyMonkey (#2)
    January 23rd: HappyGal (#1), Mrs. Confetti (#2)
    January 25th: Espion (#2), JCCovi (#2)
    January 26th: NerdBee (#2), Pepperland (#1)
    January 28th: Raindrop (#2)
    January 29th: jojepie (#2), cheesehead (#2)
    January 30th: Snowdrop (#1), Radish (#2)

Next Appointment
    September 10th: Radish (Anatomy Scan), Mrs. Blue (Anatomy Scan)
    September 12th: Snowdrop (Anatomy Scan), cheesehead (Anatomy Scan)
    September 15th: cheesehead
    September 22: namaste
    September 23rd: Charmed
    September 30th: Radish
    October 2nd: Pepperland

11. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@Raindrop: sorry to hear about the pelvic rest and placenta previa (hopefully it resolves itself), but hooray for a boy!!

Baby has been moving around a ton lately, Last night she must have been doing handstands and cartwheels - my belly kept bulging off to one side. So crazy to feel!

And my belly is starting to get in the way of my workouts - can't squat and deadlift as well anymore, and I am always out of breath. I'm sure that will only get worse though

12. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@charmed: at least you are doing work outs!

13. Mrs. Cheesecake

blogger / kiwi / 588 posts

@Raindrop: Sorry to hear that you have PP but glad to hear that it is not affecting baby. I hope that it resolves by the time you have your next U/S. Rest up!

@charmed: I have also been feeling a lot of movement lately! LO#2 doesn't have a consistent movement schedule; it's more random. LO#1 used to move everyday at 10a and 2pm.

14. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

Catching up now. I have been on "vacation" till now. I was on vacation last week and took the day off yesterday to do u/s and OB appointment. That took up my whole day.

Now I have some time catch up!

@Pepperland: Welcome! We were due date twins till my date got changed.

@Pumuckl: I'm glad your scan went well. Bummers about the breech!

@SleepyMonkey: @NerdBee: Congrats on your girls! I'm a little jealous! Hehe.

@Espion: You are so strong for not finding out! I would totally crack if the u/s tech knew and I didn't. Haha.

@mfa_lady: Nice vacation picture!

@Mrs. Confetti: Congrats on the boy!

@jojepie: I'm glad to hear your scan went well! Power to you for not finding out the sex.

@oliviaoblivia: Thanks!

@Mrs. Confetti: I think having two boys is a cute, hopefully they will be close brothers. BUT having a girl would have been nice too. We are on the fence about trying again. Originally a long time ago we thought we wanted 3 but we were kind of into the idea of 2 once LO was born... because you know kids are hard work! Haha. Now we are back to the idea of trying again. If we try and get a 3rd boy we will definitely stop though. Hehe.

@Cupcake: Yay boy mamas unite! Mine will be 35 months apart (one month away from being exactly 3 years apart). We were hoping for 2.5 year gap but that was not in the cards for us. Lucky we can combine their birthday parties for a long time! Haha.

@MrsMccarthy: Aww you remembered! So for Chinese people the cut off is Feb 4th but for American's it would be Feb 19th. For Chinese we go off the tiger month change which is always Feb 4th but in America they go off the lunar calendar change to make it easier which will be on Feb 19th. We are going with the Chinese cut-off. Which means LO #2 can only be 6 days late to still be in horse year. Cutting it close!

We have made it so our middle names for our kids reflect / honor their zodiac animal so we will have to come up with 2 middle names for this kid just in case he wants to cook a little longer.

Both years are good... but horse is thought of slightly better than sheep.

@SleepyMonkey: @namaste: @Radish: @charmed: @jojepie: Thank you!

All caught up now I think.

15. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Our thread here is long! For those who have experience, do break away threads on specific topics get activity, or are they usually lost in the shuffle?

Anyone want to share names that their SO has rejected?

My husband shot down Joseph (how can you not love that name?!) and was sort of considering Felicity until he remembered I used to watch the TV show Felicity. Waaah! There are more, but those are the first two that come to mind.

16. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Happygal: Boy names are soo hard!! We are totally on the fence with boy names right now.

We currently have two middle American names for the boy horse but haven't found a good sheep middle name. We also add a Chinese name but elders decide that so we don't have to worry.

DH didn't like Leonerd or Sheldon (Big Bang Theory!) for a first name

17. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Happygal: My husband says even if he doesn't have a good initial reaction to a name he could probably be convinced. My problem is I can't find a name I love in the first place.

18. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@Happygal: we had a boy and girl name sorted really quickly but now DH like Yohan for a boy and I don't like it, it is my uncle's name and would be weird on a baby! Its me who has been vetoing names.

19. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@bhbee: I just remembered you mentioned had placenta previa. Did that resolved?

20. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@Raindrop: it did! Everything I read also says very good chance it will resolve so I hope your next scan is great. Good luck with the pelvic rest!

21. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@charmed: I'm barely making it through a full chaturanga these days so I can't imagine deadlifts!

@Happygal: My husband dislikes gender neutral names where as I could live with an Avery or a Harper.

My girl is so active. There were hardly any periods yesterday when she wasn't moving. This morning she was up at 3am so I have been up since. I'm definitely adjusting to having a belly all of the time now instead of just feeling bloated.

How are you ladies adjusting?

22. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@bhbee: Good to hear! Thanks for replying.

23. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@namaste: Avery and Harper... for some reason Grey's Anatomy popped into my head. I think I watch too much TV...

24. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Raindrop: lol I didn't even think of that.

25. cheesehead

cherry / 134 posts

@Radish: @Mrs.Blue: Have fun at your scans today!!

26. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@cheesehead: thanks

Just got out. Confirmed !!

@Mrs.Blue: eager to hear your results!

27. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Radish: yay for the confirmation! Glad all is well.

28. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Radish: Yay!

My co-worker that gave birth was told at 12 weeks she was having a boy and then told at 20 weeks nope it's a girl. She was already set on having a boy so it was kind of weird.

I'm glad yours stayed the same sex!

29. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Raindrop: 12 weeks is way too early to be told in a definitive way (without a blood test). That is really annoying. Bet she adores her girl but still! what a headf***! oh and also i am glad to hear that Sheep is good too since i am for sure having a little sheep!

@Radish: Hooray for a happy little ! Sisters are da bomb!

@MrsBlue dying to know how it all goes and sending vibes for a healthy scan.

30. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@MrsMccarthy: To be honest no year is bad and you can even say no year is really good. They are just different. Something to worry about for sheep is that they tend to have too high of expectations and sort of develop a things should just come to me attitude. Which causes them to be unhappy with life because nothing is good enough. They say only 1 out of 10 people born in the year of the sheep end up happy. As parents you just want your kids to be happy which is why horse is thought of slightly better than sheep. I hope that makes sense. Over all though sheep are smart and very talented (which might be the reason they have such high expectations), so having a sheep is great because of those reasons.

31. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Raindrop: wow interesting! I hope any of us who have sheep have happy sheep!

32. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Raindrop: @Mrs. Confetti: congrats on the baby boys!

@namaste: I am finally getting comfortable with my belly, it's enough to say definitely pregnant but not too big to get in the way yet. I'm a little scared of getting really big though and getting aches and pains from it.

33. Mrs. Blue

blogger / pomelo / 5361 posts

Okay, I have no excuse for my absence other than that all my energy has been going into the transition to staying home with two rambunctious toddlers. They are giving me a run for my money.

Our anatomy scan was today, and as predicted, we are Team Blue! I think I'm pretty much ready for baby to be born with that news--no shopping to do here!

34. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Congrats!!! Very cute pictures! You are so creative.

35. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Mrs. Blue: Congrats! I hope things settle down in time for the little guy to arrive!

36. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Mrs. Blue: whoo hoo! That does make the shopping side of things easy!

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Mrs. Blue: congrats on another sweet little boy! In guess its time to start watching My Three Sons and taking notes. Though with two already I'm sure you're pretty versed.

38. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Mrs. Blue: more blue for you!! Congrats!!

39. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@Mrs. Blue: aw, so happy for you! Congrats!

40. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@Radish: Yay for a little girl (for sure)!

@Mrs. Blue: congrats on adding another boy to your family!
    I would love to have a boy and a girl, but I'm sure this baby girl is going to get so many clothes that I'll be sad if I can't use them again

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee