Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. Pepperland

pea / 17 posts

Thank you all for being so welcoming

Wow, lots of ultrasounds coming up! Good luck to everyone!

On the subject of boobs vs. belly size... Mine started out teeny and while I've finally managed to fill a B cup for the first time ever, the belly still wins. I'm curious to see how much bigger they'll get, though!

2. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Pepperland: Welcome!!

3. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

My appointment went well today, nothing too exciting other than hearing the heartbeat. That never gets old. I'm feeling her move a lot now which is super exciting.

Maybe TMI, but I noticed my nipples were leaking when I was getting in the shower earlier...I had no idea colostrum could come in this early! I'm 22 weeks tomorrow. Anyone else have anything like this so soon??

4. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@bhbee: @MrsHansen82: I hear you on the boob leaking but luckily I wasn't leaking enough last time to warrent the use of nursing pads. But yeah the production of milk start really earlier. But then even preemie moms can breastfead (pump) so the body just has to gear up for all of that - I guess.

@Pepperland: Welcome, welcome! Glad you decided to join in on the fun and glad to hear baby's doing well!

@cheesehead: Thank you so much. Getting a little nervous since I have to go alone since DH wasn't able to make his schedule work so he could join me. But then I already had a 12/13w and 16w scan were they looked at a lot of the same things and all was well so I guess I should be good.

5. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@MrsHansen82: i've had white stuff not enough to actually form a droplet or anything since about 16 weeks!

6. Cupcake

apricot / 495 posts

@Pepperland: welcome!
    @MrsHansen82: I started around that time with DS1.... I'm still nursing, so I've got no clue about my supply at this point. But omg it's getting rough. I don't know if it's because he tries to do aerobics now while nursing, or if it's because he's working on molars... but my nips are soo sore. I feel like I'm nursing a newborn again.

7. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@Pepperland: welcome!! any guesses on what you think you might be having?

8. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

Just got back from my anatomy scan and everything is fine!
    We had to take a break (and did the NST in that time) because she (yes she's still a she) was hiding her heart behind my ribs. She's currently breech but so was her big brother at this point. But I do now know why I'm so easily out of breath when he scanned her brain he was way under my ribs.

9. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Pepperland: Welcome! Glad everything is going well!

10. sorrycharlie

@Pumuckl: yay!! Glad all is well! My LO was breech at the scan too.

11. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

Hey Ladies!

Sorry to pop in and out of the conversation so much. Things are really crazy for me right now.

You may have noticed my side project hosting the May mamas. After what happened to Septca and then again in March to Jaguar I've been hoping to prevent a little anguish for these mamas.

@Snowdrop: suggested that Mr.Bee change the host of our thread. Are there any volunteers?

12. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@oliviaoblivia: I was just going to come on and say the same thing
    I don't mind hosting as the thread pretty much runs itself but I am not exactly really active. Any other volunteers?

13. sorrycharlie

@oliviaoblivia: @Snowdrop: agree that the thread sorta has a life of it's own! I don't mind hosting either.

14. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Pepperland: Welcome!!

@MrsHansen82: Heartbeat never does get old, does it?

@Pumuckl: These tricky little baby girls! Our poor tech tried for 45 minutes to get a good set of heart shots and never could. That's why we have to go back in a week and a half! Haha. Stubborn little things.

15. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Snowdrop: @sorrycharlie: I agree that it leads itself. It's pretty much just going to be a name swap.

16. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Pepperland: Welcome!

@MrsHansen82: Glad to hear about your good appointment. As for the boob leakage, I'm 21 weeks today and I noticed a little wetness the other day. It was just a small amount but makes sense because my boobs/nips have been really sore lately.

@Pumuckl: I always like to hear good things after one of us has an appointment. Thanks for the update!

17. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Pumuckl: Wow, she's definitely up high! My girl is still sitting pretty low. She likes the bladder apparently.

@oliviaoblivia: You're super amazing for doing that! I think it's such a great idea and I'm glad Mr. Bee implemented a new feature for it.

18. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@namaste: YES, I was shocked how high her head was. It also explains the shape of my belly but boy she does love using my bladder as a trampoline sometimes. If I remember correctly the femoral length times 7 is the ca. size of baby so that would make her nearly 9" tall already.

@MapleMoose: I also love reading the other ladies' updates.

19. sorrycharlie

@Pumuckl: that is so interesting!! they told me at my almost 19-week anatomy scan that her femur was 1". So at that point, she was around 7" long head to foot?

20. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@sorrycharlie: I found an article that said that it was 6.18cm+0.59*femur(in millimeters). Which adds another inch for me. Here's the abstract of the article: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6390277
    I believe it was a midwife friend that told me about the *7 rule... It was quite accurate for us last time.

21. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Pepperland: welcome to the thread! My belly is also past my boobs which I think makes me look even bigger.

22. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@Pepperland: welcome!!

@MrsHansen82: I don't know if its milk left over from.nursing dd1 but my boobs have some stuff coming out of them. I didn't have that when I was pregs with #1 though so I don't know what it is. Annoying!

@Pumuckl: this is your second anatomy scan right? I'm glad it went well! Did you have them confirm the sex again? I have my second scan tomorrow and am def going to ask them to confirm the sex again. I am a little skeptical (for no reason) that they could tell at 16 weeks.

I had to buy a maternity swim suit for a couple upcoming vacations and I feel ridiculous in them! Its going to look even more silly in a month and a half when we are in Florida.

23. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@SleepyMonkey: Well the first wasn't really an anatomy scan. They only checked on basic anatomical features before yesterday. This time it was way more in-depth. And I totally asked him: "It's still a girl right?" And he proceeded to show me that yes in fact, it still is a girl

I just use/d a normal one-piece swimsuit a size bigger than normally and even at 40w last time I was fine.

24. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

Ok, you guys made me wonder about the state of my boobs. I squeezed them this morning, and liquid was definitely produced! Wow.

20 weeks today!

25. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

anatomy scan was good today! baby was very cooperative and they got all the measurements they needed and confirmed it is indeed a girl. she weighs 13 oz!

FINALLY feeling movement this past week, which is very exciting. i thought i felt some hiccups today too.

26. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@SleepyMonkey: Woohoo on all!

27. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

Just had anatomy scan today. Looks like a girl! So happy!!

28. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@SleepyMonkey: @NerdBee: more girls

29. SleepyMonkey

grapefruit / 4006 posts

@NerdBee: yay, congrats!! so many GIRLS

30. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@NerdBee: congrats on your daughter!!

31. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@NerdBee: Congratulations! Girl team!!!!!

32. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@NerdBee: Eeee congrats!

33. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

JANUARY MAMAS!!
    Due Dates
    January 1st: Oliviaoblivia (#2), namaste (#1)
    January 2nd: PMRLADY (#1)
    January 3rd: MFA_LADY (#1), Meowkers (#1)
    January 6th: Cupcake (#2)
    January 8th: MrsHansen82 (#1)
    January 10th: Charmed (#1)
    January 11th: MrsTiger (#2)
    January 13th: KeepCalmCarrie (#2)
    January 15th: CatchAFallingStar (#1), bhbee (#2), MapleMoose (#2)
    January 16th: Oliviapope (#1)
    January 18th: Mrs. Blue (#3), sorrycharlie (#2)
    January 20th: Pumuckl (#2), Gigi2 (#1)
    January 21st: SleepyMonkey (#2)
    January 23rd: HappyGal (#1), Mrs. Confetti (#2)
    January 25th: Espion (#2), JCCovi (#2)
    January 26th: NerdBee (#2), Raindrop (#2). Pepperland (#1)
    January 29th: jojepie (#2), cheesehead (#2)
    January 30th: Snowdrop (#1), Radish (#2)

Next Appointment
    September 8th: Mrs. Confetti (Anatomy Scan), Raindrop (Anatomy Scan)
    September 10th: Radish (Anatomy Scan), Mrs. Blue (Anatomy Scan)
    September 12th: Snowdrop (Anatomy Scan), cheesehead (Anatomy Scan)
    September 15th: cheesehead
    September 22: namaste
    September 23rd: Charmed
    September 30th: Radish
    October 2nd: Pepperland

34. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

At this point I don't think the boys are gonna catch up!

35. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@SleepyMonkey: @NerdBee: yay for more girls!! Congrats!

@SleepyMonkey: exciting that you're feeling movement - isn't it fun?

36. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

So after all the talk about boobs leaking I rubbed mine (the way you do when you first take your bra off after a long day) and a big droplet came out. I find it quite fascinating like 'wow, so these things aren't just for decoration then?!'

37. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@Happygal: Lol! I sort of want to dash off to the bathroom to squeeze my boobs too, ha!

I had my anatomy ultrasound yesterday and everything looked great! The ultrasonographer has been doing his job for a long time, so he was very fast but thorough. I asked him at the end if he knew what we were having, and he said, "Of course!" Still doesn't bother me one bit!

38. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@Snowdrop: I was so fascinated too when I saw it! Still freaked out, but happy to see my body is doing what it's supposed to!

39. sorrycharlie

@SleepyMonkey: @NerdBee: yay!! congrats!!

40. NerdBee

clementine / 828 posts

Thanks everyone!

So after reading about all the leaky boobs I just squeezed my own and nada. Gotta admit that I was a little disappointed.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee