Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

@Espion: my only memory of the epidural was SWEET, SWEET RELIEF!! hahaha.

2. Raindrop

grapefruit / 4731 posts

@sorrycharlie: LOL ditto. So happy I got one.

3. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@sorrycharlie: @Raindrop: haha same here!

4. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

My first thought after getting my epidural was why didn't I want this wonderful thing?! (I had hoped for med free).

5. Espion

pomegranate / 3577 posts

@sorrycharlie: Exactly! I laughed at DH...because I could!

6. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@Radish: Congratulations!!! So glad everything is OK!

7. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Espion: it is intimidating to the person watching that happen! I've seen two sisters have an epidural put in, and I had to take some steps back. (They were ready to jam it in themselves though.) An even scarier sight though is that hook they use to break your water. Yikes.

Thanks for all who chimed in about doulas. I have a long list of why I think a doula would be a good fit for us and am hopeful it will work out.

8. cheesehead

cherry / 134 posts

Wow..lots to catch up on here!! I'm amazed at all the girls so far!! Although that doesn't leave much hope for the rest of us! (bad joke, I know...)

Oh my....the epidural was amazing for me!! I was induced and ended up having to wait an extra 2 hours for mine, do to a conveniently timed shift change going on. Ugh, those were a loooong 2 hours!!

My next 2 appts are 9/2 (a very late 16 wk appt) and then again on 9/15 for my 20 week. I'm hoping to get in for the ultrasound before the 15th appt, but I won't get the orders for the ultrasound until the appt on the 2nd; and I'm guessing that there won't be an appt open on the 11th or 12th. My Dr. won't let ladies get their ultrasound until after 20wks. so those are my only 2 options; besides waiting until after my 20wk appt. But then that's a long 4 weeks to hear the details from the ultrasound.

On the up-side, I think my MS is FINALLY starting to go away!! I've actually been able to go a day or 2 w/o the meds!

9. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@cheesehead: dang that is a complicated process, my ultrasounds are in office so you always just have an appointment with your doctor after them and you can schedule it well ahead of time. Can you not call and inquire about getting your orders? And yay for ditching the MS meds!

10. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@cheesehead: glad to hear you're finally feeling better!

I had a med-free first birth but that was mainly due to the fact that there just wasn't time for anything else. Since I managed once I guess I'll try again but just like last time will be open for everything that comes along. And the the part about you forgetting the intensity of the pain with time is definitely true for me.

11. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

I've fallen into the bad habit of not remembering if I took my prenatals. I think I end up hitting most days, but I hope I haven't been taking them more than once.

12. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@Radish: this is me too. If I'm uncertain I'll skip them... I've gotten better at remembering since I started taking them right before bed.

13. Happygal

pomelo / 5000 posts

@Radish: @Pumuckl: that's my trick for remembering! I put them right next to my toothbrush and it's helped me to remember to take them before bed.

@cheesehead: so glad your morning sickness has calmed down! That is really rough.

14. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

Has anyone had random strangers or people you don't know very well try to touch your belly yet? I was at work the other night and one if my customers just started congratulating me and rubbing my stomach. She kept asking me questions like when I'm due, what's the sex, etc, all the while caressing my belly! It went on for a good 45 seconds to a minute of non stop rubbing. I was so caught off guard and I could tell she meant well so I just laughed awkwardly and answered as quickly as possible. I don't get it, I've never had the urge to grope a pregnant lady. What's up with people??

15. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@MrsHansen82: I've only had people I know so far and I think I will be ok with it as I've gotten used to old ladies at work touching me (they can be quite tactile). But yeah, I can't say I understand it! I very rarely feel the desire to touch anyone myself.

16. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@MrsHansen82: With my first I only had one person at work who would ask me regularly to touch it. I wasn't close to her or anything, but she was nice and quick about it. It is the oddest phenomenon... especially if what they are really patting is more internal organs than baby.

17. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@MrsHansen82: no random strangers, just my mom and sister. I'm not a touchy-feely person, so I don't think it will go well if a random person tries to touch!

Baby has been moving like crazy lately, and I could actually feel a few kicks from the outside last night Now it's just a matter of getting DH's hand on my stomach at the right time so he can feel it too.

How is everyone else doing?

18. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Radish: EXACTLY this. A friend of mine wanted to touch is yesterday, and I was thinking "Yeah, you're just touching my insides right now. Baby girl is down so far you're nowhere close." Hahaha. Oh, well. Whatever makes them happy!

19. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@MrsHansen82: I have one female colleague who always touches my belly when she sees me. It's still awkward but I ain't gonna do anything about it.

Other than that, this girl's getting strong! Her kicks are really really noticeable even from the outside by now.

20. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Pumuckl: Same here. DH has felt them three days in a row! Last night, when we got home, she started kicking as soon as he put his hand on my belly. He said "She loves me!" and was so proud and happy. It's so funny how much more relatable it is for him now that I'm showing and he can actually feel her.

21. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@mfa_lady: That is awesome. With LO1 she would always stop kicking whenever someone put their hand on my belly to feel her.

22. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@MrsHansen82: I had someone do that at 13 weeks so...I'm hoping no one else tries it. I don't even understand.

@Pumuckl: Still lots of kicking and when she really gets going, she'll attack my bladder for a while. I think she's starting to respond more to the sound of DH's voice but what do I know lol

23. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

So, I've realized that one reason I feel like my belly isn't that big is because my boobs are so huge, they're overpowering it! Ha. If they were their normal size, my belly would definitely be sticking out further than they do. Now...not so much.

I have only wanted to buy super cheap bras, so have been checking TJMaxx and Marshall's. I found a couple, but the size I need now is really hard to find. Anyway, I broke down and bought another at Target after being in a dressing room at LOFT with my mom on Sunday...I took my shirt off (was wearing a pre-preg bra) and she started cracking up. I asked her what she was laughing at, and she said "Honey, more of those things are OUT of that bra than they are in." And, unfortunately...she was right. Hahahaha. If they're like this now...what will they be like when baby girl actually gets here?!

24. cheesehead

cherry / 134 posts

I'm jealous of all you ladies that can feel kicks on the outside already!! I'm just starting to feel them on the inside!!

Also super excited, I finally have my ultrasound scheduled!! Next Friday, the 12th!!! It feels so far away, but then at the same time it's crazy to think that we are all at or over half done already!!

25. Pumuckl

pomegranate / 3601 posts

@namaste: Responding to voices definitely does happen so might well be!

@mfa_lady: Hahaha lady you crack me up. I'll soon have to up my bandwidth. Currently I'm still okay with my pre-pregnancy #1 bras but they're on the widest setting. Luckily for me I already have some laying around from last time. But I remember how much better I felt last time once I was finally back in bras that actually fit!

@cheesehead: Oh glad to hear you have your scan scheduled. Next Friday will probably be there in a heartbeat. And yes for time flying now. Remember how we were all complaining a couple of weeks back because things were taking FOREVER! The first January mamas should be reaching viability soon or have reached viability! CRAZY...

26. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

JANUARY MAMAS!!
    Due Dates
    January 1st: Oliviaoblivia (#2), namaste (#1)
    January 2nd: PMRLADY (#1)
    January 3rd: MFA_LADY (#1), Meowkers (#1)
    January 6th: Cupcake (#2)
    January 8th: MrsHansen82 (#1)
    January 10th: Charmed (#1)
    January 11th: MrsTiger (#2)
    January 13th: KeepCalmCarrie (#2)
    January 15th: CatchAFallingStar (#1), bhbee (#2), MapleMoose (#2)
    January 16th: Oliviapope (#1)
    January 18th: Mrs. Blue (#3), sorrycharlie (#2)
    January 20th: Pumuckl (#2), Gigi2 (#1)
    January 21st: SleepyMonkey (#2)
    January 23rd: HappyGal (#1), Mrs. Confetti (#2)
    January 25th: Espion (#2), JCCovi (#2)
    January 26th: NerdBee (#2), Raindrop (#2)
    January 29th: jojepie (#2), cheesehead (#2)
    January 30th: Snowdrop (#1), Radish (#2)

Next Appointment
    September 3rd: MrsHansen82, Oliviaoblivia
    September 4th: Espion, Gigi2, Pumuckl (Anatomy Scan)
    September 5th: SleepyMonkey (Anatomy Scan)
    September 8th: Mrs. Confetti (Anatomy Scan), Raindrop (Anatomy Scan)
    September 10th: Radish (Anatomy Scan), Mrs. Blue (Anatomy Scan)
    September 12th: Snowdrop (Anatomy Scan), cheesehead (Anatomy Scan)
    September 15th: cheesehead
    September 22: namaste
    September 23rd: Charmed
    September 30th: Radish

27. namaste

persimmon / 1313 posts

@mfa_lady: lol yesterday my bff informed me that my boobs clearly grew over the weekend I think it's true. I can't deal with my boobs.

@cheesehead: Yay! How exciting!

28. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@namaste: RIGHT?! My SIL is staying with us right now (she's 21) and she is always commenting on them. Haha. My whole life I wished for this....and now....man. What a pain.

29. turquoisemama

persimmon / 1481 posts

@mfa_lady: I got some Coobie bras at the beginning of my pregnancy and they are super comfy and pretty cheap !

30. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

I need to invest in some good nursing bras and switch over now (I hated my target ones with DD - regular not the sleeping ones) but I'm too lazy to get properly measured to make sure I get the right size. So I just squeeze my ladies into my old A cups, haha.

31. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@cheesehead: we have our scan on the same day! Are you finding out?

32. cheesehead

cherry / 134 posts

@Snowdrop: That's awesome!! Yes, I think we will find out. We found out with the first too, so it's hard to want to wait it out this time around. How about you?

@Radish: @mfa_lady: I just cheated and lived in nursing cami/tanks for the first couple months. It was way easier than trying to figure out what size nurising bra I needed...plus way easier access! But it seemed like it took my boobs quite awhile to regluate to proper nursing size, so was the easiest way to go. I'm worried that I will out grow my previous nursing bras though, since I'm already in my 'small' nursing bra!

33. Snowdrop

pear / 1846 posts

@cheesehead: we are finding out too, so excited, I think it will help make it so much more real because then we will know its name (though we won't be sharing!

34. bhbee

cantaloupe / 6086 posts

@mfa_lady: oh I feel you on the boobs. the second I get pregnant mine get huge and then it gets worse (they're plenty big to start). oddly though they were biggest at the end of second tri last time. then they calmed down a bit before the birth. definitely engorged at the beginning, but after that settled I don't think they were bigger than my biggest pregnancy size. I think if you have a big rack it's worth the investment to get a couple nice fitting bras! I have my favorite style in a larger size from the last pregnancy that I'm back in, and I also went to nursing bras part of third tri because they were more comfortable.
    what I am really not looking forward to on the boob front is the leaking. last pregnancy I had to wear nursing pads for at least 2 months because I was leaking so much colostrum (mostly on what I found to be my "big producer" side). I didn't even know that was possible before it happened.

35. Pepperland

pea / 17 posts

Hi ladies! I've been following along for a while and am excited to be a part of this great group!

EDD: January 26

When did you find out: 9 or 10 DPO, it was actually Mother's Day!

How do you feel?: Really wonderful. We had the anatomy scan yesterday and baby looked perfect. We are not finding out the sex!

Child #: 1

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: I am seeing a group of midwives; they have been awesome so far. Hoping for a natural birth, but I'm also not going to be a hero about it.

When is your next appointment?: October 2

What are you most excited about?: I am just excited to meet this little person Also it will be a lot of fun to see DH as a dad - I think he'll be great!

What are you scared/nervous about?: Kinda nervous about being completely responsible for another human. I've never even changed a diaper! Lots to learn, but I'm sure we'll make it work.

36. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@mfa_lady: @namaste: my boobs are out of control too

@cheesehead: yay for getting an ultrasound scheduled- how exciting!

@Pepperland: congrats and welcome!

37. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

@Pepperland: Welcome! I had also never changed a diaper before LO1, it is a learning process for sure but you will be great!

38. Radish

nectarine / 2079 posts

JANUARY MAMAS!!
    Due Dates
    January 1st: Oliviaoblivia (#2), namaste (#1)
    January 2nd: PMRLADY (#1)
    January 3rd: MFA_LADY (#1), Meowkers (#1)
    January 6th: Cupcake (#2)
    January 8th: MrsHansen82 (#1)
    January 10th: Charmed (#1)
    January 11th: MrsTiger (#2)
    January 13th: KeepCalmCarrie (#2)
    January 15th: CatchAFallingStar (#1), bhbee (#2), MapleMoose (#2)
    January 16th: Oliviapope (#1)
    January 18th: Mrs. Blue (#3), sorrycharlie (#2)
    January 20th: Pumuckl (#2), Gigi2 (#1)
    January 21st: SleepyMonkey (#2)
    January 23rd: HappyGal (#1), Mrs. Confetti (#2)
    January 25th: Espion (#2), JCCovi (#2)
    January 26th: NerdBee (#2), Raindrop (#2). Pepperland (#1)
    January 29th: jojepie (#2), cheesehead (#2)
    January 30th: Snowdrop (#1), Radish (#2)

Next Appointment
    September 3rd: MrsHansen82, Oliviaoblivia
    September 4th: Espion, Gigi2, Pumuckl (Anatomy Scan)
    September 5th: SleepyMonkey (Anatomy Scan)
    September 8th: Mrs. Confetti (Anatomy Scan), Raindrop (Anatomy Scan)
    September 10th: Radish (Anatomy Scan), Mrs. Blue (Anatomy Scan)
    September 12th: Snowdrop (Anatomy Scan), cheesehead (Anatomy Scan)
    September 15th: cheesehead
    September 22: namaste
    September 23rd: Charmed
    September 30th: Radish
    October 2nd: Pepperland

39. cheesehead

cherry / 134 posts

@Pepperland: welcome! I wish I had your willpower to wait to find out what you are having! I'm way too impatient!

40. cheesehead

cherry / 134 posts

@Pumuckl: have fun at your ultrasound tomorrow!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee