Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

Oh my word I can't keep up! Sorry that I've missed so much.

@ShayNanigans: Twins! Yeahy for you, amazing news congratulations!

@DEANNAY1230 great news on the scan!

Others: bloating; yes! Nausea; yes! I can still squeeze into my skinny jeans though so I guess not too bad - for now! Eeek.

@Mrs.Panda thanks for making another chart for us. ***My first appointment is April 1st (hoping this wasn't all a cruel joke!). Not sure what this will involve here in the Middle East, feeling a bit nervous.

2. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

First thing this morning. It doubles by 4 pm. Getting harder to hide this belly!! 9 weeks today.

Doc phoned and left a message today asking me to call her today.... Sure it is results from my samples on Monday. See what is going on down there.

3. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Hope everything goes well today and that you hear that little heartbeat thinking of you!!

4. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

Thanks for the support yesterday ladies. I was having a bad day and really appreciate having this place to vent. I think maybe I'm taking the news a little harder than I've been willing to admit to myself, and my husband doesn't really get it that any loss is still a loss and seeing the constant reminder of it isn't fun. Although he was sweet and stopped on his way home from his soccer game last night to bring me a McD's apple pie, since he remembered I'd been craving one last week.

In happier news, my appointment this morning went very well, and we finally saw the heartbeat! Baby looks great and is growing well, only measuring 1 day behind now instead of 2, so they're not adjusting my EDD. And the second sac is almost gone, so hopefully my spotting will be done soon. Thank god!

I have another appointment next Friday (***April 4th) for another scan, and then hopefully I will be graduating from my RE to my OB.

5. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

@MrsScottish: Look at that cute little bump starting!

6. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Sprite: I'm so glad you got to see your little one and that everything's going well! It doesn't make you less strong or less happy about that little one to also want to mourn, but I think you know that. I'm also glad your DH is loving you and trying to support you!
    @Lolo: Yay for April Fools appointments!

7. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@Sprite: I'm so happy your appointment went well this morning, and I hope your spotting ends ASAP - I can only imagine how difficult that is YAY for seeing the heartbeat! For me, it made everything SO real.

I love having this board to come to. We all can just relate

8. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

November 2014 Baby Appointments!

***March***
    28th – Sprite (US)
    28th – ChiCalGoBee (US)
    31st – rins72

***April***
    1st – MarieJ (US)
    1st – Rattles (US)
    1st – Lolo
    4th – Sprite
    9th – Sophs Mama (US)
    9th – KatieLeigh_82
    9th – ThisIsMe
    10th – April_Showers
    10th – MrsScottish
    10th – Mrs.Panda (US)
    11th – Deannay1230
    15th – HardToConcentrate
    21st – ChiCalGoBee (testing)
    25th – Deannay1230
    26th – MrsScottish

***May***
    2nd – ChiCalGoBee
    28th – Sophs Mama

9. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@katieleigh_82, @Mrs.Panda: @DeannaY1230: Thanks so much for the support, ladies! I am still smiling from ear to ear as I report that there is one little bean in there measuring right on track. Heartbeat was 160-170 beats per minute. That was one of the most amazing moments of my life! I was so happy and overwhelmed with seeing the bub that I totally forgot to ask all my questions. Whoops! I go back for Genetic Testing (totally hubby's and my choice, but worth it to us) on *****April 21, and then for my next regular prenatal on ******May 2.

10. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: YAY!!! Heartbeat day success!

11. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@Sprite: A loss is a loss, and everyone needs time to deal and will deal in their own way! Thats what we are here for!
    Yeah for hearing the heart beat and seeing the little one!!

12. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@Sprite: I agree with @MrsScottish: A loss is a loss and you need time to process what happened and take it all in. Hugs to you! Take all the time you need!

13. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Sprite: Total success!! I'm so thrilled that you had a great report today!!! Still holding my breath for all of us. I'm sorry for the loss of the one , and I'm so hoping the other is sticking so tightly in there.

14. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Sprite: I'm sorry you're having a hard time with all of this with the spotting and your loss. You are right a loss is a loss and only you can deal with it the best way you can. I'm so happy the one is beating strong though!

15. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: yay for heartbeat!! Did you get any pictures?

16. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Thank you! YAY indeed! No, unfortunately not. He used this really neat handheld machine (no transvaginal-woo hoo!), and was having issues with his printer so couldn't print pics. That's okay, though-the fact that I was able to see the baby and immediately see the heartbeat was priceless. I'm hoping to get pics in a few weeks.

17. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Lolo: Good luck on the 1st that must be so scary to be in a new country where you aren't familiar with how the health care works

@MrsScottish: awwww look at that little bump starting, love it!!!!! Hope your results came back ok/as expected, and those yucky symptoms have resolved.

@Sprite: you are absolutely right, a loss is a loss and no one is ever prepared for that. Sometimes men just don't get it on the same level we do. Glad your appointment went so well and yay for heartbeat! I hope that the spotting goes away fast.

@ChiCalGoBee: woohoo so happy for you, I bet that moment was amazing and cannot wait to experience it with my little bean!

18. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@KATIELEIGH_82 Thank you. I really don't know what to expect but I am just hoping this wee baby is safe & well & that I get to hear a heartbeat. Waiting for appointments is sooo hard!
    @MrsScottish: loving the bump! You make it look good, I just look like I've eaten too much - yuck!
    @Sprite: I am so sorry. I would also be feeling a little sad, I don't think guys understand all this pregancy stuff like we do. Lots of love.x
    @ChiCalGoBee: Eeek so exciting! So glad you got to hear your baby's heart beat & get a visual.

For all the ladies with spotting I thought I would share a little inspiring story. My very good friend just gave birth today to a beautiful, healthy baby girl. She had spotting & full on bleeding for the majority of her pregancy, several scans, scary dashes to the hospital & months of anxiety but it just shows you that this can still result in a perfectly healthy & happy little babe. This made me feel a little better (although I've not had spotting for a few weeks now) I hope it gives you some reassurance.

19. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

My mom was over early this morning painting our kitchen and she saw me with just a tshirt on and not my normal layers and scarves to hide it. She asked me if we are sure about the date. I said yep, I even put myself 6 days ahead of my docs date as I know when I ovulated!! She gave me this skeptical look and said ok........

On an unrelated note we just got home from buying a trailer!!! I am so so excited !! I grew up tenting and have tented as an adult for the last 10 years. 1/3 of our garage is camping gear but we decided last summer we are done with tenting and wanted a trailer. So we have Been saving all winter and watching online. We wondered down to a used trailer lot near our house and they had a small 17' hybrid, used, great price, it's a 2009 single owner in great shape. We could not pass it up!! They will store and keep it until we pick it up in June and they check and repair anything that is not in excellent condition which is amazing. They are installing the screened add a room for us and have given us a great finance option. I am so excited. We are now headed to ikea to look for dishes!! I am excited to have real dishes and real kitchen things compared to our all plastic camping gear!!

20. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Mrs.Panda my first appointment is April 7th which is SO FAR AWAY. I can't believe I still have to wait a whole week - I'm at 9 weeks this week! (Sorry for the whining, it just seems like a long time!)
    @MrsScottish That's so cool! Congrats on getting such a good deal! Also your bump is adorable!

21. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

With my first I had terrible morning sickness that lasted well into my third trimester... This time, at 6 weeks, I feel nothing. No nausea. None. I'm getting concerned...

22. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Sophs Mama: aww I'm sorry you're having a tough time! They say every pregnancy is different, so maybe you will be blessed with no nausea this time! OR maybe it's waiting around the corner- 6 weeks is still early. I hope you've got a healthy, growing babe, with or without feeling sick. This is my second pregnancy and I have had a fair amount of nausea so far, but for the most part it doesn't seem as acute as last time. Maybe you paid your dues w/the first pregnancy!

23. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Mrs.Panda: added myself to April! You're so sweet for updating this!

November 2014 Baby Appointments!

***March***
    28th – Sprite (US)
    28th – ChiCalGoBee (US)
    31st – rins72

***April***
    1st – MarieJ (US)
    1st – Rattles (US)
    1st – Lolo
    4th – Sprite
    9th – Sophs Mama (US)
    9th – KatieLeigh_82
    9th – ThisIsMe
    10th – April_Showers
    10th – MrsScottish
    10th – Mrs.Panda (US)
    11th – Deannay1230
    15th – HardToConcentrate
    15th – tororojo
    21st – ChiCalGoBee (testing)
    25th – Deannay1230
    26th – MrsScottish

***May***
    2nd – ChiCalGoBee
    28th – Sophs Mama

24. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

40% off at the Gap...... Dangerous but needed.

25. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@MrsScottish: thank you so much for sharing!!! I shall be doing some online shopping ASAP....:-)

26. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsScottish: congrats on the new camper! Imagine all the family memories you'll make! So fun!
    @ChiCalGoBee: I ordered a few things during the family and friends sale. The maternity leggings were thinner than I expected. I haven't decided whether to keep them. And the fold over skirt seems to run huge! I'm a 6/8, and the medium actually fell off me. Just in case you're looking at either!

27. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

Ooh, love GAP maternity clothes!

You guys, frozen waffles are rocking my world. I have eaten a whole box (...10!) since Friday. I'm not eating much else, though. If you need something carb-ey that doesn't make you want to puke, sonsider them! I also bought sparkling lemon Dasani because the thought of soda is no longer tempting and this waster has tons of bubbles. Anybody having weird/specific food requirements?

28. rins72

coffee bean / 39 posts

@tororojo: "Morning" sickness has been kicking my butt for the last few days. I can't get enough carbs! All I want to eat is buttered noodles, bagels, goldfish, waffles, etc. Carby carb carb.

29. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@tororojo: OMG I am ALL CARBS ALL THE TIME right now! I don't even recognize myself. It's insane how much my appetite and diet have changed.
    @rins72: yep, that pretty much sums up my food list! I ate two eggs today and it was a major accomplishment:-).

30. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@rattles: thanks for the review...so good to know! Pants will need to be obtained sooner rather than later, I think.

31. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@tororojo Pretty much every morning I wake up and snarl that we do not have any frozen waffles. I've taken to making and freezing extra waffles so I can satisfy my waffle cravings. I've also been having good luck with string cheese.

Does anyone else have to wear suits for work? I hit up New York and Co. today and bought a pair of their pull-on dress pants, a jersey skirt in a size up that should fit for awhile, a very loose fitting dress, and a great open front tuxedo style blazer that I can hopefully stretch for several months without buying a maternity suit. I do NOT want to end up with no pants that fit and a hearing that day, since I've heard the onset of needing maternity clothes can really sneak up on you. Anyway, they were having an awesome sale, so if anyone else needs cheap work clothes in a size up, highly recommend checking them out, and their pull on dress pants are basically work yoga pants. They are awesome.

32. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@MrsScottish: That's awesome you guys got a trailer, DH has been talking about wanting to buy one since the day we started dating lol, of course other more important expenses have always gotten in the way (wedding, house, now baby), so he'll have to hold out a little longer! Ohhhh I love shopping especially when there is a sale!!!

@Sophs Mama: Hopefully since you had it so rough the first time around you've already paid your dues and this one will be smooth sailing.

@rattles: Thanks for the heads up on the items you bought, those sound like things I would probably also purchase so it's good to know your experience.

@tororojo:, @rins72:, @ChiCalGoBee:, @Ms.Mermaid: I am with all of you on the carb kick right now, seems these days that is the most appealing thing to me. I've been going to town on mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, buttered noodles, oh and my new favorite, chocolately chip Teddy Grahams. Now after reading your posts, I could go for an Eggo or 2, better add it to the shopping list!

33. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

I dint have to wear suits but I have to wear dress pants and nice shirts. I often were blazers!!

I have had a productive day... I have signed up for a prenatal yoga and aqua sizing class starting mid April. Then I ordered 2 bathing suits off of Thyme as I can't find any that are 1) in Canada 2) in store that don't look like my mom should be wearing them.

We go camping a lot in the summer and I hang out in the back yard a lot. Last summer I wore a bathing suit most days with shorts on too so I was cool. So I know between the class and summer I will get lots of use!

I also booked an ultrasound for Friday!! We only get one ultrasound between 18-20 weeks here. DH mentioned it last week, about a place where you can pay $50 for a 20-30 min 2 d ultrasound. It includes a DVD of the visit and cd of pictures. I brushed it off thinking it was just an added expense and something we don't NEED. He then brought it up again today and said to book it. I am so excited! I really think this will calm my nerves and excite us both!

34. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@katieleigh_82: I am gf but there is an amazing brand of waffles that come in different flavours. I have gone through 2 boxes of pumpkin spice waffles in 2 weeks......
    Last week I started to feel human again, which scares me and is a relief at the same time !! The round ligament pain is getting the best of me the last few days.

35. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@MrsScottish: Yay, so glad you're going to have an ultrasound, I know how disappointed you were at having to wait so long! I'm not gf, but I love pumpkin spice anything so those waffles sound amazing, what is the brand, I wonder if they are available here in the States. I too have been having quite a bit of round ligament pain the last several days, and it doesn't help that allergy season is now here and I have been sneezing a ton.

Just over a week to go until our first appointment and ultrasound and I am just dying with anticipation. I am just frustrated because unfortunately for me, my father is not the best at keeping in touch. I usually only see him a couple of times a year although he only lives 20 min from me. I will often call and leave messages and it takes weeks for a return call. We have been trying to arrange a lunch date or get together with him and my step mom to announce the pregnancy and every time plans fall through. I called the other day and shockingly he called me back within a couple of hours but then got a work call and said he had to let me go and take the other call. He asked me if there was anything important I was calling for, or just to talk. I was so frustrated I just told him I was calling to talk and to just call me back. I've yet to hear back from him. Part of me wants to be like screw you and you'll just find out through the grapevine next week when we officially announce it after the ultrasound, but then the "adult" part of me realizes he is my father, and unfortunately he has always been this way (his whole side of the family sucks at communicating) and that I shouldn't act that way. I just didn't want to tell him over the phone I wanted to be a little more personal about it but he's making it damn near impossible.....

36. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

^^^^I'm not really sure what the point of me telling you guys all of that was, guess I just needed to have a little pregnancy rant!

37. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@katieleigh_82: no worries!! That's why we are here!!

38. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@katieleigh_82: this is them

39. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@MrsScottish: Yum they look amazing in the picture....now my quest to find them begins, and I'll probably cry when I can't find them here

40. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

If I can get them here I would be shocked if you don't have them there!! You guys have so much more gf stuff then us!! I buy them at our local health food store.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee