Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Thank you for the tips I had a couple of your suggested items in my bag already, and have added the other items!

@tororojo: sorry things weren't moving along for you, hopefully by now you are loving on your sweet new baby and not still in labor.

As for me...still only fingertip dilated, so we are schedule to go in at 7pm Sunday night for cervidil, and the pitocin will be started on Monday morning. Seems like we're not having the best luck with inductions on this board so I'm kind of freaking out and hoping that this process is not too long.

Family is already driving me crazy, talking about coming up to the hospital even though we have made it very clear to everyone from the get go that we are not having any visitors until after he is born, and even then not until we've had our alone time with him. I don't want to have to entertain visitors, plus my mom and also my MIL are very touchy feely and I know that while I'm in labor I'm not going to want them all over me so it's best if it's just DH & I. My MIL keeps saying that she is going to come up and just sit in the waiting room. We've explained to her that this could be a lengthy process and she is just insistent. My fear is I know how she can be and while she says she will just wait out there, once she's at the hospital she will try to guilt us into letting her come back. As of now I am sticking to our plan, but I don't want her making me feel bad to the point I end up going against my plan. DH has even tried talking to her and she's just not getting it....I hope that between the two of us we are able to maintain our strength and not get guilted into something we don't want!

2. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

Just popping in... I'm a 2013 Nov mama! Congrats and good luck to you all...it's such a great time! Hopefully, your labors are easy and your baby doesn't come 10 days late after 3 days of labor!

3. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@katieleigh_82: thinking of you as you start your induction! My due date is Tuesday and nothing is going on so I bet I wont be too far behind you. Can't wait to hear how it went.

4. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

Just wanted to introduce everyone to our son Caleb John he was born at 11:28 am on 11/10, 7 lbs 3 oz, 20 inches long.

I went into the hospital on Sunday night at 7pm for cervidil with the intention of ripening my cervix which I was originally told was fingertip dilated, but Sunday they said I was still closed, so we were supposed to do that and then start pitocin on Monday morning. The cervidil was not placed until about 10:30 pm, and about an hour later my contractions started but were very similar to what I had been having. At about 2 am the contractions started to get stronger and more regular so they gave me a shot of stadol in my IV. That helped me for a little while, but at about 4:30 the contractions were practically non - stop and just getting stronger and stronger. They checked me and I was already dilated to a 4. We had to wait a bit for the epidural because the anesthesiologist was in an emergency surgery (it felt like FOREVER). I finally got the epidural at about 6:30 and they re - checked me after and I was at a 6. Next time they checked me was 8:30 and I was complete but he was still up a little high (0 station). Since I was comfortable with the epidural, my Dr decided to let me labor down on my own. At 10:15 he came in and asked if I was ready to start pushing, and just over an hour later, he was here!!

My fluid had meconium in it and as he got closer to making his entrance his heart rate began to drop indicating the cord was around his neck so they had a pediatrician outside the room to check him right when he was born. With exception of low blood sugar which is common in babies of GD moms, he was perfectly healthy and we were able to correct the sugar with a little formula supplementation.

We are now working on getting settled in at home and enjoying our new little one!

Can't wait to hear everyone's stories and see pictures!

5. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@katieleigh_82: what a beautiful boy! Congratulations!

6. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@MrsMccarthy: thank you so much

7. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@katieleigh_82: Congratulations!! He is such a cutie pie!

8. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

@katieleigh_82: CONGRATS! He's a cutie.

9. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

Our daughter, Ellie Mackenzie Rose, was born 2 weeks early on November 13th (the same day as her sister!) at 1:06pm, weighing 7lbs 8oz and measuring 20.5 inches long.

I had a membrane sweep on the 12th at 11:30am, and by midnight that evening I was feeling funny. Contractions started around 2am, and by 4am I was timing them. We left for the hospital at 6:50, and when we were (immediately) checked in at 7:20 contractions were 4 minutes apart and lasting up to 2 minutes each. I was 5cm dilated. I had my epidural placed by 8:30.

They started my two rounds of antibiotics, since I was GBS positive in my urine, and the second dose was administered by 11:30am. At 11:35 my water was broken, and I was 7cm dilated. My nurse took her lunch break.

By 1:00pm I was fully dilated and ready to push. I started pushing at 1:01, and after a couple pushes our daughter entered the world at 1:06pm.

I feel very lucky to have had such an easy labour.

Meet Ellie.

10. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@theotherstark: thank you so much!

@Sophs Mama: thank you and congratulations to you, what a great birth story, & how awesome you only had to push for 5 minutes!!!!! What does her big sister think about sharing her birthday with baby Ellie? Congrats again, she is a cutie!

11. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

We welcomed a beautiful baby girl, C, on Friday, November 14 at 7:27am! She weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and measured 19 inches long.

DD1 has been so incredibly sweet and excited thus far. The pregnancies were so different, and so were the labors. I had been scheduled for induction on the 17th, but C decided to finally make an appearance before then at 40+5, and once she did, she was in a hurry! I awoke around 3am with contractions. I started timing them at 3:30am, and my water broke at 4:15am. I was 5 cm when we arrived at the hospital at 5:45. They moved me up to L&D, and I progressed from 5 to 10 cm in 45 minutes! I pushed through three contractions, and here she was!

We're back at home and settling into life as a family of four. So far, she's a nursing champ! We're all in love and couldn't be happier.

12. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Sophs Mama: @katieleigh_82: What perfect and beautiful babies! Congratulations!

13. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@rattles: congratulations on your new baby girl!

14. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@rattles: Wow, quick labor! Congratulations!!

15. BandDmommy

pomelo / 5660 posts

@rattles: congrats!!!

16. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Sophs Mama: Congratulations! A beauty!!
    @katieleigh_82: Fabulous! Gorgeous boy!
    @rattles: Another girl! What a gift!

I had my son, N, on Wednesday, 11/12. I had a bit of a traumatic birth (30 hours of labor that ended in C section with some complications), however the bottom line is that my beautiful little boy is out of the NICU and home with us. Can't believe he's a week old today! I hope everyone is enjoying her new little one and managing to get some sleep!

17. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I'm so sorry to hear of your difficult labor and NICU stay, but I'm glad to hear there's a happy ending at home with your little boy! Happy 1 week birthday, N!

18. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@MrsMccarthy: @theotherstark: @BandDmommy: Thanks, ladies!

19. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Ahhh, I have been thinking about you!! So happy that your baby boy is here and home with you!! I'm so sorry about the long and traumatic labor (30 hours!! Oh man!), and the NICU stay , but it's good to hear he is home now. I hope you're getting sleep and enjoying the snuggles. Congratulations!

20. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

@rattles: congratulations!

21. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

Congratulations mamas, I'm loving all the birth stories! Our beautiful baby girl Darcey was born on November 13th by water birth after 16 hours of labour. I stayed at home until I was 8cm & got straight into the tub when I reach the hospital. An amazing experience all round & amazingly despite only having Gas & air & tearing quite badly I have already forgotten the pain & would do it all again in a heartbeat. Enjoy your time with your babies & best wishes everyone.

22. Pancakes

nectarine / 2180 posts

Congratulations, November mamas!

23. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@Lolo: Congratulations!! A water birth sounds so intriguing.

24. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

congrats to the November 2014 mamas, I can't believe it's been a year since my baby girl got here!!!

25. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Mrs. Pink: @Pancakes: thanks, ladies!
    @Lolo: congratulations! How wonderful!

We had DD2's 1 week checkup today, and she's put on 12 oz and grown 2 inches in the last week! She doesn't nurse for as long at a time as my first, but it looks like there's no reason to worry. She does have a heart murmur we're monitoring, so we've got her next echo cardiogram in 2 weeks. Overall, she's such an easier baby than I expected based on my first!

How is everyone doing here in the early days/weeks? Still healthy and strong little ones?

26. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@rattles: So glad she's gaining nicely! Hopefully the murmur will clear up...I had one as a infant and have had zero problems-fingers crossed it's the same for your girl!

AFM, I'm loving this crazy ride that is parenthood. My son is going through a growth spurt (he is almost two weeks old) and has been feeding almost every hour for the past two days which has been exhausting. I went to a BF support group today and he's gained a TON-good that he's growing, but clearly he doesn't need quite as much milk as he thinks he does . We are working on getting him to space his feedings out to 3 hours (that's how often he nursed before this growth spurt), which hopefully will result in more sleep for everyone!

Has anyone been advised to change her diet bc of breastfeeding this early on? The LC at the support group today said my son's fussiness between feedings is likely something like a dairy allergy, and she wants me to cut out dairy. I'm totally willing to do whatever he needs, but I feel like cutting out something like dairy when he's less than two weeks old because of a few days of fussiness is kind of overkill. Wondering if anyone else has had experience with this?

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee