Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: oh no so sorry to hear that. How many weeks are you now?

2. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Thinking of you...so sorry it's taking a while:-(.

3. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@katieleigh_82: Uhm...wow!! Thank you SO much for sharing these codes! For only the price of shipping you can't beat it!

4. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: you're welcome!

5. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Thinking of you and hoping all is well! Can't wait to "meet" your little one! Hang in there, mama!
    @katieleigh_82: thanks for sharing!

6. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I'm hoping no news is good news and you are too busy loving on your new baby to post an update. I really hope you're not still in induction hell

@rattles: you're welcome!

How is everyone doing? Any early labor signs?!?

I had a little "incident" last night, stepped off of a step right onto a dog bone that I didn't see, rolled my ankle and down I went...that bought me 4 hours of fetal monitoring at the hospital. For awhile I was having lots of contractions and they were pretty frequent and they started talking about the possibility of keeping me (I got so excited) & then the contractions tapered off and became very irregular again like they have been. Bummer they didn't check me which I was kind of hoping they might just to see if I've made any progress. Guess I'll just have to wait until my appointment with my Dr on Friday!

7. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: any news? Hopefully you're snuggling a sweet new baby right now! Sorry it was/is taking so long, I know it's no fun to be stuck in bed having them do all kinds of uncomfortable things to coax baby out!

@katieleigh_82: yikes, glad you're okay! I'm 39 + 2 and things aren't looking promising. We are stripping membranes on my due date and inducing a few days later if that doesn't work.

We need baby pictures on this board!

8. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

I'm 38+2 today, but we'll see whether I make it all the way. At my appointment today my blood pressure was high and they said they may need to induce. When I asked when, my doc said, "well it might not have to be today." If they were trying to lower my blood pressure, that wasn't very helpful They offered admission to triage or bloodwork. I did the bloodwork and now have to get a blood pressure cuff and monitor myself. They'd like me to make it to at least 39, and I'd like the little one to cook as long as s/he wants, so fingers crossed everything stays stable and boring!

Is anyone else getting back labor with BH?

9. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@katieleigh_82: Sorry things have slowed down! Hopefully it's just days now!
    @tororojo: I hope the membrane sweep gets things going for you!

10. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@rattles: yikes, keep us posted! Exciting that you might meet LO very soon, but obviously blood pressure isn't the ideal reason for that. Hopefully yours stays down! I haven't had many BH or anything w/my back. Are you nervous about getting your daughter (right? I think) situated before getting to the hospital? That's what stresses me most about the idea of going into labor!

11. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

@tororojo: Honestly, I don't feel ready! That said, que sera and all that. The nice thing about myself as a second time mom is that I've been a little less concerned about the details. I am worried about not having things ready for DD (good memory ), but I'm going to go ahead and pack a bag for her now so that we're more quickly ready. She's spent a few nights with us at her grandparents over the last few weeks to acclimate her, and I think she can sense that change is in the air...her sleep has been a little wonky.

12. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@tororojo: Yes we really need some baby pictures ASAP! I am 37+1 and Dr has already said that he is not letting me go past 39 weeks so if little man doesn't grace us with his presence before then I will be induced. I hope things get moving for you soon!

@rattles: thanks it's probably a good thing they slowed down since I'm only 37+1 but since I've been having them for a couple weeks already it's frustrating because they're definitely not BH. I am having the back labor as well, it was very noticeable last night. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your blood pressure, hopefully it comes down and stays down. If not for sure go in ASAP pre - eclampsia is serious stuff.

My fingers are crossed for both of you ladies!

13. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

Still in induction hell. Going on 48 hrs with basically no progress on my part. I'm on Pitocin now but haven't progressed past 4cm, which I only got to bc of the Foley bulb.

If you are going to be induced, pack your own pads, underwear and bathrobe. Hospital garb is not good for walking around. Oh, And the fanciest Chapstick you can find. Also food. All the good clear liquids you can think of. I forgot mine at home.

14. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: oh no I am so sorry to hear that you are not getting anywhere. I have had my bag packed and ready for about a week now and seeing as how I work in a hospital & know what we offer there was a lot of stuff I packed my own stash of pads included! I still need to stock up on snacks for hubby and I!

15. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: saw your update and thinking d you! I hope it's all over and you have a healthy wonderful birth and baby soon.

16. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

Wow, lots going on!

@Ms.Mermaid: Ugh, I am SO sorry:-(. Hope you're hanging in there. Can't wait to find out what you're having!
    @katieleigh_82: I hope you're okay! What a scary fall. I'm so afraid of that happening.
    @rattles: Can't wait to find out what you're having!!!
    @tororojo: I am so impressed with you all that have an older kiddo....I cannot imagine figuring out logistics for a toddler when dealing with unknown labor stuff! It's hard enough for me to figure out what to do with our dogs!

I'm 38 weeks today....have been having some mild cramping (is that all BH is? Sort of feels like period cramps on and off?), and very little dialation at yesterday's check-up. Today I sent around a poll to my family and friends to have them predict weight/length/birthday/name, and it's been fun to see the responses. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us to have safe, healthy deliveries!

17. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: blah, that totally sucks. Praying for progress!

@ChiCalGoBee: yeah, the logistics of childcare thing has me stressing...what if I have an urgently fast labor in the middle of the night?! I guess DD can ride to the hospital with us.

@katieleigh_82: it's exciting to have an endpoint!!!

18. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Thanks, I am good other than my for which is now turning a rainbow of colors I am just trying to stay off of it, and keep it elevated and iced. Kind of hard when all I want to do is walk and do stairs to keep things moving along lol.

19. Sophs Mama

apricot / 429 posts

I am too far behind to comment on everything, but I'm glad that everyone seems to be doing well.

I had my 36 week check today and I am 3 centimetres dilated already! I know it doesn't mean much, but I'm hopeful.

Also, according to my chart (which I received a copy of today), my due date is November 26th, not the 27th.

Also, my starting weight was different than I remember. I started at 189.8 and am now 196.2. So, yeah, I've barely gained 7 pounds. Not trying to brag, I swear!

20. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

Kenzie arrived yeaterdAy at 2:33 after 48 hours of back labour and just over an hour of pushing. Well worth the wait but mama is tired and sore- 2 nd degree tear and some stitches.

21. Orchid

clementine / 927 posts

@MrsScottish: congrats!!!! Your LO is adorable!!!!! 48hrs ... wow, that's crazy! Good going mama!!! Hope you're getting some rest!!

22. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@MrsScottish: She is adorable & I love her name- that is
    my first dd's name

23. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

Thanks ladies. I am exhausted and sore but getting naps in when I can. Still at the hospital so easy to take naps.

24. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@MrsScottish: aww what a cutie! Congratulations!

25. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@MrsScottish: yaaay, congrats!!! Such a cutie!

@Sophs Mama: I'm trying not to be jealous of your 3cm. I'm almost to my due date w/2nd kiddo and am only 1cm! Admittedly it could mean nothing but still!

@katieleigh_82: I hope your foot heals before you have to be up bouncing and rocking a newborn!

Anybody else feel like someone is kicking their crotch all day long? I guess it's more like a head butt, really.

26. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: thinking of you hope that by now you are loving on a newborn!

@Sophs Mama: I hope I have as much progress when the Dr checks me tomorrow!

@MrsScottish: omg she is beautiful yay for finally getting the baby pics going can't wait to see more of these from everyone in the next few weeks!

@tororojo: thanks it is still pretty bruised but walking is getting easier day by day!

27. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@MrsScottish: Beautiful name for a beautiful girl! Congratulations!!
    @tororojo: The pressure down there is getting interesting, to say the least @Sophs Mama: 3 CM already?! Wow...I'm definitely jealous! I'd say there's basically no way you're making it to November 26th!!

28. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@mrs.scottish I love that we had the same due date and our daughters have the same birthday. Molly arrived 10/29 after 3 days of labor and 3 hours of pushing.

29. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: wow! Congratulations on your daughter! Love her name:-).

30. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: yay welcome Baby Molly! Congratulations momma she is beautiful and way to go on all of your hard work to get her here!

Getting ready to leave for my NST and appointment with the Dr here's hoping for progress!

31. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: congrats, so exciting and such a cute name!!!

32. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

Well I almost failed my NST this morning because a certain little baby decided it would be a good time for a nap, luckily when the nurse used her little sound maker he woke right up and did just enough to pass! Then I saw the Dr and guess what...In the past 2 weeks I have made ZERO progress. I was "fingertip" dilated then and still am as of this morning if he doesn't come on his own in the next week, I am already scheduled for induction on 11/10, so at least I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!

33. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

34. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: what a beauty! And 3 days, 3 hours great Scott! You are a total badass.

35. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

Wow I've missed a lot on this board. Congrats to the new mamas, beautiful babies & names! Good luck to everyone still waiting. We moved back to the UK & finally into our own house last week after 8 weeks at my MILs. I am so happy with the medical care & advice that I have received here so far & that we are back around our families. I will be 39 weeks on Tuesday so it won't be long now. Best of luck to everyone when the time comes, I'm so excited to meet our little lady.

36. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Lolo - I'm so glad you are getting good care. I was so frustrated with my OB and how she handled my GD and the induction, but the minute I checked into the hospital I was out of her hands and in the hands of the midwives who do the deliveries and they were all so totally amazing, even though most of them had never even met me. It made such a difference to feel respected and in control of my own situation - they let me decide whether we would do cytotec or cervadil, whether to do a foley bulb, when to start the pitocin, and waited for me to ask for an epidural but fully and wholeheartedly supported my decision. It makes such a difference to be getting good care!

@KaiteLeigh_82 I'm sorry - it's totally frustrating to not be making any progress. If I can offer one suggestion, if you have gotten a breast pump already, I highly recommend testing it out. I wasn't dialating at all in the hospital and finally I requested a pump and within 8 hours I was at 10cm. My biggest regret is not using the one I had at home before we went in for the induction to try to kick things off. I also recommend acupuncture but it didn't work that well in my case. Also, when packing for an induction, I highly recommend bringing the fanciest chapstick you can find, a waterbottle with a straw (like the Camelbak ones) so you can drink it lying in bed, a ton of food/snacks (at my hospital they could not handle a vegetarian with GD and I was so glad I had brought sandwiches and vegetable broth), and sneakers and a bathrobe. If your hospital is like mine, they will encourage you to walk the hallways and it's so much more comfortable in sneakers and with your butt covered. Also, bring your own underwear and pads - I had my own underwear, but on the delivery side they only had the huge postpartum pads, which they wanted me to wear in case of getting mucous discharge or something, and they were just giant and unnecessary. I also made my own lotion with coconut oil, clary sage, and lavender and used that on my feet, hands, and belly and it helped me relax and helped some with the contractions.

37. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

I've missed a lot on this board! For some reason, I just can't keep up. Congrats to all of the mommies that have had their beautiful babies!

As for me, I delivered my second DD on 11/3 by RCS. Everything went great & it was awesome knowing what to expect & having a "definite" delivery time, etc. she weighed 6lbs 14 oz and 20 1/2 inches long. She looks EXACTLY like her big sister, it's funny!

My recovery is going well. We came home on yesterday & we are adjusting to being a family of 4!

38. tororojo

grapefruit / 4669 posts

@MarieJ: Yaaay, congratulations!

I am 18 hours into my induction and sooooo not making progress. Cervadil did nothing and after 3 hours on pitocin I'm still barely feeling contractions. I think my doc is gonna break water in a couple of hours (I reeeeeeally hope I'm dilated enough for that! otherwise I'm guessing foley bulb first) when he stops by; hopefully that will get things going! Because I'm really bored, y'all.

39. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MrsScottish: Wow, long labor!! Good job, lady And beautiful little girl!! Congratulations!

@Ms.Mermaid: Gorgeous! And I love the name Molly Congrats!

@MarieJ: Congratulations!! Glad you're home and everyone is recovering and adjusting.

@tororojo: Aww man! I hope things pick up soon. Hang in there!!

Sorry to thread-crash - popping in from the December board to say I am so excited for all of you ladies! Can't believe it's time for the November babies already!

40. rattles

grapefruit / 4903 posts

Congratulations on all the sweet little babies! So very exciting! I hope you're all enjoying sweet baby snuggles and a smooth adjustment!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee