Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

Welcome to @shaynanigans & @sprite we are growing every day- yeahy!

@mrs.mermaid I am so sorry my comment about enjoying my life in the ME wasn't aimed at you (or anyone) I just felt a little guilty about putting all my fears & anxieties about the maternity system in the ME on here without clarifying that I do actually have a very good quality of life here too! It will of course never be home & we will return to the UK in a few years. We moved here for my husbands work, I am actually a Social Worker but as there is no social work system in place where I am, I'm working in PR. I plan to work until the baby arrives and then give up work until we return home as I'm not intitled to mat leave. Did you enjoy your time in Egypt? One thing about the culture here is that they are very family orientated, the amount of there is to do for kids and families is fantastic.

2. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

EDD: Nov. 16th
    WHen did you find out? This morning!
    Child Number: 1
    Where do you live? Michigan
    What kind of provider will you see? High risk OB/GYN
    When is your first appointment? Have to call on Monday
    What kind of birth do you want? Haven't fully decided yet
    What are you most excited for? Right now I'm most excited to see the look on DH's face when he gets home from work and I tell him!
    What are you most scared for? I have 2 genetic blood clotting disorders that put me and very high risk for mc, and am I so terrified that I will lose this baby. I will need to be on blood thinner shots daily through the duration of my pregnancy.
    Symptoms so far: I have been having breast tenderness for the last few days, but other than that none yet.

I'm so excited to be here!!!!!!!

3. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

4. kbm1026

coffee bean / 41 posts

Hi!

EDD: November 16
    WHen did you find out? Yesterday
    Where do you live? Philly suburbs
    What kind of provider will you see? OB
    When is your first appointment? TBD
    What kind of birth do you want? Try for natural, but not opposed to the epidural
    What are you most excited for? A baby!
    What are you most scared for? Morning sickness and labor!
    Symptoms so far: nausea and sore boobs

5. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@KATIELEIGH_82 and @KBM1026 Yay and welcome!!!

6. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@katieleigh_82 and @kbm1026 - so excited you are here! Congratulations!!

7. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@katieleigh_82: @kbm1026: Welcome! Nice to be filling up the board. Are either of you team green?

8. hardtoconcentrate

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Sprite: Congratulations! Great progression on those tests. Also, I'm in NC, too!

@katieleigh_82: @kbm1026: Congrats and welcome!

@Mrs.Panda: We're team green.

9. mrs bunchy

kiwi / 533 posts

Hello !!

EDD: November 18th
    When did you find out? Yesterday
    Where do you live? Chicago suburbs.
    What kind of provider will you see? OB- he is wonderful !
    When is your first appointment? TBD
    What kind of birth do you want? A healthy one. Most likely will get an epidural. Fx this bean sticks !!
    What are you most excited for? A baby! Telling our parents.
    What are you most scared for? Morning sickness, m/c again and labor!
    Symptoms so far: Sore throat, runny nose, sneezing 100x. Sounds more like a sinus infection than a pregnancy !! Ha

10. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@katieleigh_82: Welcome!! Can't wait to get to know you!!

@KBM1026: Woo hoo! Welcome welcome!

11. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@mrs bunchy: I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago (about 20 minutes north of the city). Welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you!!

12. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

Anyone else Team Green?

Sorry for all the calendar changes, I am trying to make it more readable but it doesn't seem to want to be clear!

13. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

Wow this board has been busy today!! Congrats to the new November moms to be!!
    I took a short 2.5 hour nap this afternoon. I could not even keep my head up and was just feeling off. Today was the first day I was shaky. I drank 2 big glasses of water then went to bed. feeling much better now. I am headed for a massage ( yeah) and then to dinner at MIL. The plan is to tell next weekend so only have to get through tonight!!

14. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Mrs.Panda: the calendar is awesome thanks for doing that! We haven't fully decided if we are gonna he team green yet, I love the surprise factor, but also feel like I won't be able to handle not knowing I'm a curious person by nature lol.
    @MrsScottish: Hope you feel better, and good luck making it through dinner without spilling the beans. It's hard I want to tell everyone but with my medical problems we agreed it's best to wait. Before today I was so confident that I would be able to keep my mouth shut, and now not so much!

15. kbm1026

coffee bean / 41 posts

@mrs.Panda: love the calendar. Don't think we'll be team green!

@mrs bunchy: Congrats!!

Is anyone else have nausea already? I really hope I don't have 2 more months of this!

16. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@kbm1026: No real nausea, just little aversions or waves here and there but nothing remotely serious. I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky ones! And no boob soreness either.

17. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I'm kind of the same way-I make myself breakfast in the morning, and take a bite or two and just feel gross. No interest in eating certain things. I then seem to get an appetite midday, but don't have one in the morning. Very odd! I also don't have sore boobs....
    @KBM1026: Sorry you're feeling nausea already! Ugg.

18. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@kbm1026: I just have small waves of it. It is usually when I have not drank enough water. Drinking water and keeping food in my belly.

19. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

DH and I went out to dinner to celebrate our big news, and we decided we will definitely not be team green!

20. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@katieleigh_82: & @mrs bunchy: welcome ladies!

21. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

Not sure if this is a symptom or not, but I woke up with a horrible back ache this morning.

22. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

I had major lower back ache until about 5 weeks. It went along with the period like cramps!

23. hardtoconcentrate

coffee bean / 26 posts

@MrsScottish: I'm curious about the massage. I'm dying for one but everywhere I've asked says they won't do one in the first trimester. Did they ask if you were pg? Did they avoid certain areas if so? We went to a spa a couple weeks ago and I was so excited until they explicitly said they won't touch a pg woman before 13 wks. Womp womp.

@katieleigh_82: Yep, I'm with MrsScottish - I've had period-like cramps and a lower back ache off and on for a couple weeks. That was one of my first symptoms. And I'm jealous you guys decided to find out! My DH is set on not finding out so I don't mind compromising on this (I'm picking my important battles ) but if it were up to just me, I'd find out.

@kbm1026: I only really feel nausea when I'm hungry....and I don't know if it's extreme enough to call it nausea because I don't actually feel like I could throw up, I just feel sick. I'm sure that'll change soon though because my symptoms are definitely growing by the day at this point.

AFM, tomorrow is my ultrasound to hear the heartbeat, and I'm so nervous. I'm still spotting slightly, so that keeps reminding me that things could go badly. But I'm also feeling lots of symptoms (sore boobs, exhaustion, nauseous when hungry, lower back ache) which makes me optimistic. We tried for so long to get pg that I'm so nervous it'll be taken away. But I keep telling myself that just *getting* pg was such an obstacle that even if it goes badly, at least we know we can get pg. Trying to think positively....3pm tomorrow can't come soon enough!

24. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@MrsScottish: I've heen having cramps for several days as well and up until yesterday I was sure it was just AF letting me know she was on her way.

25. mrsjyw

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22646 posts

Congrats mamas!!!! (From a nov 2012 mama)...can't believe how fast time flies!!! Happy&healhty pregnancy for u alll!

26. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

I think for now we are team green but that could very well change as time goes on. It's not really a thing here not to find out & the hospital staff have a pretty bad rep of letting the cat out of the bag even if you are clear that you don't want to know. Trying not to get my heart set on either way, whatever happens, happens!
    @hardtoconcentrate good luck with your scan tomorrow. Keep us up to date.
    I've also had some period like cramps & pains in my lower left side. No nausea but some mild food aversions that seem to change on a daily basis. Pretty lucky so far!

27. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@hardtoconcentrate: I wanted to go get a massage and most places said no but I dud find a place that had a prenatal masseuse. She said she was trained to do in all trimesters. I decided against it still because why take the chance? For me at least. Also I got squeezed in for an emergent appointment on Friday because I had some spotting and cramping. I have a subchorionic hemorrhage and a friable cervix. It's small (the hemorrhage) so she thinks it will either reabsorb or just bleed out through the cervix. Pelvic rest. Poor DH.

28. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@hardtoconcentrate: I see a registered massage therapist not at a spa. She has 2 years of massage training. We talked about it while I was ttc what would happen when I got pregnant. She has a table that drops in the middle for the belly and she adjusts her pressure. She has done many many massages on women who have been pregnant. She avoided the lower back and reduced the pressure ony upper back.

29. hardtoconcentrate

coffee bean / 26 posts

@mrsjyw: Thank you!

@Mrs.Panda: Yikes, sorry you had that experience Friday. So glad to hear it all worked out. How long are you on pelvic rest? My DH is being a trooper too right now since I've read we shouldn't be doing anything with spotting like this. We'll ask the doctor tomorrow if that's still the case. About the massage, I had a similar experience - I found one place that said they'd do it in the first tri with a doctor's note but that wasn't worth the risk to me if there was a need for a doctor's note. A prenatal massage will be one of the first things I do when I hit 12 wks, though.

@Lolo: Thank you.

30. hardtoconcentrate

coffee bean / 26 posts

@MrsScottish: Oh, ok, that makes sense. That's awesome that you have someone who knows what she's doing that you trust. A massage is definitely something I'm counting the days till!

31. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@hardtoconcentrate: she said for the first trimester at least. Blah. DH is being great though. Always asking about the bb. I have a sore throat today, hopefully it's not the strep DH had last week!

32. hardtoconcentrate

coffee bean / 26 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Wow, that's a long time. Poor guy. Glad he's being so good about it. And ICK on the possible strep! You need to just relax and get some rest - you've had a rough few days.

33. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@Mrs.Panda: glad things are ok, and that your dh is so understanding. I hope you don't have strep , get lots of rest and feel better!

34. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@MrsScottish: So glad to hear that you experienced this, too. Before my period each month, sore lower back was my only PMS symptom. Right before I got my BFP I had the usual lower back pain, and it hasn't let up. I haven't taken anything for it. I know that Tylenol is considered "safe," but I feel like with all the vital organs being formed in the first 10 weeks I'd rather not risk it, you know? So far I've used a heat pad on my back but that's it.

I was going to look into getting a massage but didn't realize I needed to find prenatal this early on? I definitely will look into that, though.

35. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@hardtoconcentrate: I'll be sending beating heart vibes your way, friend. GOOD LUCK!!

36. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Ugh-what a bummer. So glad to hear you got a good report, though. I had some spotting from before I got the BFP through about Thursday (although I'm very very lucky it seems to have stopped since then). When I called my OB to report the BFP, the nurse suggested no sex until it clears up. I'm still going to give it another week just to be safe, but am still making things "fun" for DH in other ways since I feel bad about the 'drought,' so to speak.

37. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@katieleigh_82: @kbm1026: @mrs bunchy: Welcome!

Wow, November 16th is a busy day around here!

1st Beta day is tomorrow. Hopefully, it will come back positively... I've been testing every day, and the line has been getting darker every day, so I hope that means something good!

38. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@ShayNanigans: I've been testing every day too......I've also "sunk" to the level of buying the Clearblue with weeks indicator tests to make sure those are continuing to get higher levels of HCG. Last week's was perfect at 2-3 weeks post O, I'm hoping on Weds/Thurs it will be 3+ weeks.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow with your beta!

39. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: dh and I caved and did the same thing last night after dinner. Mine also said 2-3 weeks. I'm hoping I can get in tomorrow for my first blood draw.

40. katieleigh_82

cherry / 173 posts

@ShayNanigans: good luck tomorrow

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee